PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic 2.0

War, Safin!
05-29-2012, 09:44 AM
In hibernation right now? I wonder when he'll wake up and start tearing guys a new one like he did last year.
It was pretty funny stuff. Very unusual.

Or was 2011 a freak, one-off season?

dudeski
05-29-2012, 11:29 AM
I hope Djokovic 2.0 wakes up soon or else Nadal is winning this FO in straight sets.

whoopinstick
05-29-2012, 11:32 AM
He just wants to keep it close because it is more fun for him. It isn't always fun completely destroying everybody all the time. He likes to play tennis and be on the tennis court. He may just be toying with them, giving them a couple more games than they deserve.
but i don't know, its just a thought.

zagor
05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't think Novak will ever come back to that level (which doesn't mean he won't win anymore slams of course), the amount of bagels and breadsticks he was dishing out was unreal.

It was fun while it lasted, Novak's 2011 was one of the highest (if not the highest) levels of play I've ever seen in tennis.

WhiskeyEE
05-29-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't think Novak will ever come back to that level (which doesn't mean he won't win anymore slams of course), the amount of bagels and breadsticks he was dishing out was unreal.

It was fun while it lasted, Novak's 2011 was one of the highest (if not the highest) levels of play I've ever seen in tennis.

I think that his form at AO 2008 was just as good. It seems to be all mental with him, so I'm sure he'll return to the same form again. Albeit maybe not for an entire season.

zagor
05-29-2012, 12:06 PM
I think that his form at AO 2008 was just as good. It seems to be all mental with him, so I'm sure he'll return to the same form again. Albeit maybe not for an entire season.

His form in 2008 AO was definitely amazing but that was just one tourney, in 2011 for the first half a year or so he was flat out destroying players left and right, I don't think he'll ever maintain such form over a longer period of time like he did in 2011.

Numenor
05-29-2012, 12:37 PM

I agree. The second set of Wimbledon 2011 comes to mind - Nadal threw the kitchen sink at him, and Novak returned it with interest. It was amazing.

War, Safin!
05-29-2012, 12:42 PM
He's dead young - still fully operational - why can't he post back-to-back, Federer-esque (circa 2005-2007) seasons?

I'm predicting this year is where Nadal's gets 'Soderling'd' again but this time in the final and this time by Djoker...

nadal_slam_king
05-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Meanwhile, Nadal 2.0 has returned (2010 - only man in world history to win slams on clay, grass and hardcourt in a calendar year).

All-rounder
05-29-2012, 01:15 PM
It's almost June and people are still asking if Djokovic 2.0 is gonna show up. :confused:

Evan77
05-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Meanwhile, Nadal 2.0 has returned (2010 - only man in world history to win slams on clay, grass and hardcourt in a calendar year).
Is this thread about Nudall? Can you actually read? Why do you have to talk about him when this thread has nothing to do you with your beloved buttpicker.? Do we really care about that idiot? No, we don't. he is the only man 'in world history' who loves touching his ars and smelling his fingers after (in front of millions people) ... I'll give you that.

Mike Sams
05-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Djokovic is saving 2.0 level for Roger Federer in the semifinals as he's not going to allow the old man to crash his party this time.:)
Federer didn't play Novak 2.0 last year. Djokovic made the big mistake of hooking up with that sour puss JMac and let the pressure of records get to him. No such pressure this time.

Evan77
05-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Djokovic is saving 2.0 level for Roger Federer in the semifinals as he's not going to allow the old man to crash his party this time.:)
Federer didn't play Novak 2.0 last year. Djokovic made the big mistake of hooking up with that sour puss JMac and let the pressure of records get to him. No such pressure this time.
Mike, I do agree with you that Novak is saving his best for semis and maybe the final. He seems to be bored with lower ranked players. sure he will beat them, but some people here expect him to beat them like 6:0, 6:0, 6:0 ...well, thank God, this is not the WTA :)

Mike Sams
05-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Mike, I do agree with you that Novak is saving his best for semis and maybe the final. He seems to be bored with lower ranked players. sure he will beat them, but some people here expect him to beat them like 6:0, 6:0, 6:0 ...well, thank God, this is not the WTA :)

But Djokovic 2.0 even still was losing sets last year to Bellucci, Murray and Ferrer during the clay court swing. He wasn't winning those matches easily at all. He even had to fight back hard to win after losing the first set.
Nobody, including Djokovic himself, is really expecting to win with bagels and breadsticks on a surface like clay where you can not really hit through the court. The grinders and pushers have their chances to take enough games.

kragster
05-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I honestly think that perhaps Nole is potentially less ambitious than Fed or Nadal and after a year at 2.0, he's happy being at 1.5. Which is kind of sad because I really want him to win the RG and I'm afraid on clay 1.5 won't cut it (It barely cut it at the AO).

I remember early in the year last year, it was fun to watch his matches even against some of the lower ranked players just to see how he was bageling and breadsticking them. Pretty insane level of tennis.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:38 PM
don't need Djokovic 2.0. We have Murray 2.0

The Bawss
05-29-2012, 04:39 PM

Nadal 2010, the only man in the world to develop and ditch an amazing serve in the space of 4 weeks.