PDA

View Full Version : Murray going to beat Nadal this year at FO

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 02:37 PM
You heard it here first. Last year no Lendl. This year Lendl takes Murray to semi at AO12 and he played Djokovic even harder than Nadal did in the final. Murray will be a different beast at this year's FO. Will take Nadal out in 5 sets. Book it!

rainingaces
05-29-2012, 02:42 PM
This thread needs a facepalm gif quickly.

Bud
05-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Oh, dude. What previously banned member are you? Please do tell :)

Put your money where your piehole is and make a large bet on Murray... then post the receipt. Otherwise, you're just trolling and blowing smoke up our collective $&*^%

Hood_Man
05-29-2012, 02:44 PM
It would be great to see, but then so would my 6 numbers appearing on the national lottery.*

*doesn't actually play the lottery

Evan77
05-29-2012, 02:46 PM
You heard it here first. Last year no Lendl. This year Lendl takes Murray to semi at AO12 and he played Djokovic even harder than Nadal did in the final. Murray will be a different beast at this year's FO. Will take Nadal out in 5 sets. Book it!
yeah, thanks for letting us know ... I'd give my life if Murray could beat Nudall at RG, but it ain't happening ... Djoko is the only one who can do it ... although, it would be so much fun if Fed def. Nudall at RG (that's not happening either, yeah I know, lol)

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.michaellivingston.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/TacoBell.jpg

Evan77
05-29-2012, 02:48 PM
It would be great to see, but then so would my 6 numbers appearing on the national lottery.*

*doesn't actually play the lottery
give us the numbers ... let's share... I need 7 magic numbers tho, lol

dudeski
05-29-2012, 02:49 PM

Is that why Murray won both MC and Rome this year in straight sets?

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Is that why Murray won both MC and Rome this year in straight sets?

Murray has won Master's. Pointless for him to focus on those. His sole aim is a slam at all costs. I will leave this board if Murray loses to Nadal.

Hood_Man
05-29-2012, 02:53 PM
give us the numbers ... let's share... I need 7 magic numbers tho, lol

My friend's grandmother used to play every week with the same numbers. One week she forgot to buy a ticket, and her numbers came up :oops:

malbaker86
05-29-2012, 02:56 PM
not even funny

r2473
05-29-2012, 02:57 PM
I'd give my life if Murray could beat Nudall at RG,

I'm saving this just in case.

Just so I can prepare, do you have a preference as to how you are executed?

The Bawss
05-29-2012, 02:59 PM
This is a stupid thread.

Mainad
05-29-2012, 03:00 PM

Hmmm...Murray managed to get himself to the semis of all 4 Slams last year without Lendl! However, let's see if he can manage to take Murray any further this year but I'm not holding my breath to be perfectly honest.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Serena isn't the only shocker at this year's FO. Nadal is toast I tell you. Murray is the saviour. He is due.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:01 PM
This is a stupid thread.

I'll be sure to bump this poast after Murray is in the final.

vive le beau jeu !
05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.michaellivingston.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/TacoBell.jpg
taco bell instead of denny's ?

amazingly frightening avatar, by the way... is it mummy-murray's or murray-jr.'s jaw ?

Evan77
05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm saving this just in case.

Just so I can prepare, do you have a preference as to how you are executed?
lol, I think I would like to be frozen ... put me in a big freezer, yeah this is my final wish :shock: ... slow death, killing me softly :)

r2473
05-29-2012, 03:13 PM
lol, I think I would like to be frozen ... put me in a big freezer, yeah this is my final wish :shock: ... slow death, killing me softly :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1eOsMc2Fgg

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:14 PM
I defy anyone to say otherwise. Let's put bets on it if you people have the guts.

batz
05-29-2012, 03:14 PM

With his song? ;)

Has there been an explosion in a testicle factory or something? It's just that this thread seems to be splattered with bollocks.

VamosPanda
05-29-2012, 03:15 PM

Cool story bro

Mike Sams
05-29-2012, 03:16 PM

If this was AO surface, I'd believe Murray would have a brilliant chance.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Cool story bro

Thanks, I appreciate your compliment. I feel cool.

batz
05-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Anyhoo, I already poasted earlier this week that Murray was going to to win RG before riding off on Shergar with Elvis to his base on the moon. True story.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:17 PM
If this was AO surface, I'd believe Murray would have a brilliant chance.

AO isn't that different from clay ever since it was changed after 2007.

r2473
05-29-2012, 03:18 PM
I defy anyone to say otherwise. Let's put bets on it if you people have the guts.

No way Nadal is making it to the semis so Murray won't even get the chance to beat him.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:19 PM
No way Nadal is making it to the semis so Murray won't even get the chance to beat him.

Who do you think can stop Nadal before the semis? Sorry, don't see that happening.

PrinceMoron
05-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Murray would like blue clay, anything blue really. Can look forward to feeling blue before the 2nd week has even started.

miyagi
Hmmmm well I dont think it will happen but Murray is a very good player and every dog has his day!

Mike Sams
AO isn't that different from clay ever since it was changed after 2007.

Well actually it is different because you have to slide into the shot on clay. Dirt is dirt. It's a whole different thing even to a very slow hardcourt. Different mechanics. A lot of sliding, etc. Need good footwork.

r2473
05-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Who do you think can stop Nadal before the semis? Sorry, don't see that happening.

Istomin is in great form. He gave up as many games as Nadal in RD1

Funky Flo? Guy can beat anyone.

Milos "clay goat" Raonic? Nobody can touch his serve.

And if they don't beat him, Almagro will "Verdasco" Nadal in the quarters.

Look, Nadal is wearing pink shoes. Remember last time Nadal wore a pink shirt at RG? He can lose at anytime. Guy is ripe for the picking.

Evan77
05-29-2012, 03:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1eOsMc2Fgg
yup, that's the song I want to hear while getting frozen after Andy def. Nudall at RG. you got it my friend :).

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Well actually it is different because you have to slide into the shot on clay. Dirt is dirt. It's a whole different thing even to a very slow hardcourt. Different mechanics. A lot of sliding, etc. Need good footwork.

Sure sliding is different on clay, but I meant in terms of not needing to hit winners on clay and being able to out grind the opponent. Murray is capable of grinding with the best of them.

cjj14u
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM

Your lips to god's ear.....

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:27 PM

Look, Nadal is wearing pink shoes. Remember last time Nadal wore a pink shirt at RG? He can lose at anytime. Guy is ripe for the picking.

Nadal will straight set every one of of those guys, with a couple of bagels and bread sticks tossed in.

MG1
BlueClayIsRealClay will become legend of this board if this comes true and every nad haters will worship him forever ..lol

r2473
yup, that's the song I want to hear while getting frozen after Andy def. Nudall at RG. you got it my friend :).

I think Nadal is going to lose to Funky Flo.

When that happens, you'll just have to take an ice bath, eat a popsicle, and listen to Carly Simon.

r2473
05-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Nadal will straight set every one of of those guys, with a couple of bagels and bread sticks tossed in.

Funky Flo doesn't eat bagels.

And Almagro? When is the last time Nadal gave Almagro a bagel or a breadstick? It's unthinkable.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:30 PM
BlueClayIsRealClay will become legend of this board if this comes true and every nad haters will worship him forever ..lol

Damn it, thanks a lot for outing my plan.

Mainad
05-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Anyhoo, I already poasted earlier this week that Murray was going to to win RG before riding off on Shergar with Elvis to his base on the moon. True story.

That's probably only a little less likely! :)

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:36 PM
You're only as good as your last match.

Last two Murray Nadal meetings:

2012 Miami Nadal chickens out
2011 Japan Murray d. Nadal 3-6, 6-2, 6-0

Evan77
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I think Nadal is going to lose to Funky Flo.

When that happens, you'll just have to take an ice bath, eat a popcicle, and listen to Carly Simon.
haha, OK, I like your style, this is my gift for you :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxJfKHhBRA&feature=related

sureshs
05-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Taco Bell food give you too much gas?

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't have a colon.

Evan77
05-29-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't have a colon.
another Chuck Norris pretender, lol. Only Chuck can live without a colon :)

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:46 PM
another Chuck Norris pretender, lol. Only Chuck can live without a colon :)

Cool, does chuck have a J pouch?

forthegame
05-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Put down the pipe...

Federererer
05-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Murray is Nadal's pigeon. No way OP.

sureshs
05-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't have a colon.

Not even a semicolon?

batz
05-29-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't have a colon.

But how does your digestive system function?

Mainad
05-29-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't have a colon.

I shudder to think what happens when you perspire! :shock:

Evan77
05-29-2012, 04:08 PM
But how does your digestive system function?

pshhh, it's Chuck Norris you are talking to, be careful :) ... he's gonna come and get you :) (without his colon)

marc45
05-29-2012, 04:14 PM

Look, Nadal is wearing pink shoes. Remember last time Nadal wore a pink shirt at RG? He can lose at anytime. Guy is ripe for the picking.he should hide, get overripe and die first, avoid the agony

marc45
05-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Funky Flo doesn't eat bagels.

And Almagro? When is the last time Nadal gave Almagro a bagel or a breadstick? It's unthinkable.

last time they played at rg?

Djokodal Fan
05-29-2012, 06:25 PM
whats next? Donald Young is going to win Wimbledon??

Lendl
05-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Would love to see it, but chance of it happening are less than 1%.

Rafa is about as unbeatable right now on red clay as anyone has ever been in this game.

citrixscu
05-29-2012, 06:31 PM
New favorite thread.

bullfan
05-29-2012, 06:41 PM

No one needs to bet against a rude idiot. Murray is injured, and he'll be lucky to make it far and stupid to push himself in a tournament he can't hope to win, no matter who he plays.

OddJack
05-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Has Lendl been seen in RG yet?

BTW, I like these bold predictions and never afraid of making them myself specially when it come to the bully. It somehow makes watching the match more interesting.

OP: Raonic will do the job for Murray, you heard it here first :D

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 07:03 PM
No one needs to bet against a rude idiot. Murray is injured, and he'll be lucky to make it far and stupid to push himself in a tournament he can't hope to win, no matter who he plays.

Excuse me? Where was I rude?

batz
05-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Has Lendl been seen in RG yet?

BTW, I like these bold predictions and never afraid of making them myself specially when it come to the bully. It somehow makes watching the match more interesting.

OP: Raonic will do the job for Murray, you heard it here first :D

Been there since Sunday 20th May, was courtside yesterday. He was absent for a couple of days as he had a prior champions tour commitment.

sbengte
05-29-2012, 11:39 PM
OP, stop jinxing Andy, like.....nooowwww !!!

You're only as good as your last match.

Last two Murray Nadal meetings:

2012 Miami Nadal chickens out
2011 Japan Murray d. Nadal 3-6, 6-2, 6-0

On a serious note, I have waited for a Murray-Nadal encounter since Tokyo last year but for some strange reason, the two just don't seem to be destined to meet ! They should have finally met in Miami but Nadal withdrew before the match .
Had Murray met Nadal in the AO semifinal, it would have been a great match though I think Nadal would have still pulled off a win. But in the SF against Djoker ,Murray put up as good a performance as Nadal did against Djoker in the final.

I had hoped for the season to be very interesting with Murray finally holding his own against the top guys at a slam. But since then , it is just unfortunate that he went off the boil and got injured . I still don't write off his chances completely like some people here are, but obviously, a lot has changed since the AO.

Nathaniel_Near
05-29-2012, 11:58 PM
I've seen some excellent threads recently, including this one. :D

frinton
05-30-2012, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't bet much money on Murray against Rafa, but it would be a nice suprise... and then a FED-Murray final :-) ...I am allowed to dream right?

tank_job
05-30-2012, 01:34 AM
Murray is not getting to the semi-final.

BUT I do think it would be hilarious if Murray did the 'hard work' at each slam beating ****** at RG, Federer/Nadal at Wimby, Djokovic at the AO and Federer/Djokovic/Delpo at the USO - only to STILL never win a slam!!

Magnus
05-30-2012, 01:42 AM

Put your money where your piehole is and make a large bet on Murray... then post the receipt. Otherwise, you're just trolling and blowing smoke up our collective $&*^%

Why is he trolling? Cause he has an opinion? I think Nadal will eat Murray alive if they meet, but the guys has a right for his opinion. Stop silencing people whom you disagree with :evil:

rommil
05-30-2012, 02:07 AM

Just give them their deserved NTRP rating Bud, that will teach them a lesson.:)

Hitman
05-30-2012, 02:11 AM
As much as I like Murray, I would'nt be surprised if he falls before the semi final showdown. His is no where his best, and even his best on this surface is not good enough to topple Nadal, who looks in imperious form.

firepanda
05-30-2012, 03:11 AM
This year Lendl takes Murray to semi at AO12 and he played Djokovic even harder than Nadal did in the fina

That was the worst match I have seen on the ATP tour. Djokovic could barely stand up for two sets and Murray couldn't hit a winner. Once Djokovic recovered, so did Murray's winner count, but both players constantly lost their form.

We have been graced by the worst 5-setters in recent history. Isner-Mahut was a boring serve-fest. Murray-Djokovic had the lowest energy.

Fedex
05-30-2012, 03:28 AM

Hmmm...Murray managed to get himself to the semis of all 4 Slams last year without Lendl! However, let's see if he can manage to take Murray any further this year but I'm not holding my breath to be perfectly honest.

Murray has reached the final and semis of the last 5 slams!
That's amazing consistency but you have to look back at last years RG semi between Nadal and Murray.
Murray played exceptionally well the entire match and still lost in three sets. Fair enough the sets were all tight and Murray had a silly amount of break point chances, something like 18 without converting any so that would have made a big difference.
The point is Murray is going to have to play out of his skin the entire match just to have a chance.
That's a huge ask.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-30-2012, 06:12 AM
This isn't just an opinion folks, there is sound deductive reasoning behind this thread. The following is provided for your convenience.

Premise1:
The last time Djokovic played at the 2.0 level was before the AO12 semi.

Premise2:
Murray took him down a peg in their semi despite losing.

Premise3:
Any version of Nadal is not in the same league as Djokovic 2.0

Conclusion:
Murray will defeat Nadal at FO12

Impenetrable logic, unbreakable. I warn you not to try.

cknobman
05-30-2012, 07:26 AM
No .

Fedex
05-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Murray beating Nadal at RG is possible but not probable.
Murray will do well to get to the semi finals never mind beat Nadal.
Remember Murray's not exactly playing great at the moment.
He's least on form out of the top 4 and carrying a niggling back inkury so, in fact, you're theory is empirically unsound.

BHiC
05-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Impossible. Murray will lose to Isner in the Quarters, before he even plays Nadal.

Mainad
05-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Impossible. Murray will lose to Isner in the Quarters, before he even plays Nadal.

Isner has only managed to take one set off Murray in their only two meetings, both at Slams. If Murray is on form, Isner has no chance. However Murray's form is suspect at the moment. If that's the case if and when they meet, then he will probably have a chance to beat him. It really all depends on what form Murray happens to be in. Nadal, of course, is another matter.

Fed > Nadal
05-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Why would anyone even want to see Murray beat Nadal. I want Roger to have another shot at it. Might lose, but so what.

Mainad
05-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Why would anyone even want to see Murray beat Nadal. I want Roger to have another shot at it. Might lose, but so what.

To see Murray win his maiden Slam? And to win it at the FO of all places, on his worst surface, on which he has yet to win a title of any kind, beating Nadal, the Clay Court King, in order to do it would be an enormous hoot especially to his fans of which there are actually a few, believe it or not.

I'm a great Federer fan too (always have been) but I'm not really arsed if he beats Nadal at RG or not. It would be nice to see but he already has his FO title so it's not like he would be breaking any new ground. He's beaten Nadal in Slam finals before and beaten him on clay before. So what if he never does it at RG?

But each to his own of course!

Cup8489
05-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Truthfully, I could see this happening. Murray has the game, and he made the semis last year..

Stranger things have happened.

tomaskei123
05-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Andy Murray is not even gana reach the semis hes gana lose to David Ferrer btw did u get banned befor

tank_job
05-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Andy Murray is not even gana reach the semis hes gana lose to David Ferrer btw did u get banned befor

Yep, if Murray reaches Ferrer (which in itself is unlikely) - I definitely see no way past Ferrer for him.

And Ferrer will be spanked by Nadal as usual.

Really, Nadal could be playing wheelchair tennis and win RG this year.

PetSounds
05-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Yep, if Murray reaches Ferrer (which in itself is unlikely) - I definitely see no way past Ferrer for him.

And Ferrer will be spanked by Nadal as usual.

Really, Nadal could be playing wheelchair tennis and win RG this year.

With his knees, he will be playing wheelchair tennis soon enough...

Disgruntled Worker
05-30-2012, 11:53 AM
OP needs to get laid.

Fedex
05-30-2012, 11:54 AM

because we're not all glory hunting arse lickers