PDA

View Full Version : The Ungur OHB

ccmtennis
05-30-2012, 04:33 AM
Just watching him take a set from the goat at RG. It has been a while since I have seen a 1 handed bh player consistently out hit roger in bh to bh cross court exchanges. It is not a sight to behold but very efficient. He is leaning back on a lot of them instead of forward except on returns but makes up for it with a huge knee bend and shoulder turn leaving it almost leaving his shoulder square to the net. I find myself having to lean back on the bh side on clay as well,since I don't seem to always judge the height of the ball well enough. I may try adapting this

powerrangers
05-30-2012, 05:03 AM
yes very nice ohbh!

roundiesee
05-30-2012, 05:42 AM
I thought his one hander was a revelation! He even had the audacity to hit an outlandish one handed topspin lob over the great man's head! :)
BTW, is it just me or is Ungur a dead ringer for Andy Roddick, especially with that stubble?

ccmtennis
05-30-2012, 05:46 AM
not to mention a jumping flick ala giles simon with a one hander is something else

rk_sports
05-30-2012, 04:47 PM
looks like Gasquet's...

West Coast Ace
05-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Very nice 1HBH. FH was good in flashes too. And don't think the King enjoyed being drop shotted that much.

tata
05-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Yea i think that backhand drive into the forehand corner of Fed really did some damage to get him in a good position to finish a point.