PDA

View Full Version : Tourna Grip Question

K!ck5w3rvE
02-24-2004, 08:53 PM
I have never used Tourna before. I was wondering how it compares to other overgrips like Wilson Pro White, and I was wondering, if someone from tennis warehouse could help me out.....does the 30-grip-roll, come in 2 15 grip rolls in 1 packet......coz it looks like it does. Thanks

jda
02-25-2004, 06:06 AM
Hi!

I have tried lot of different overgrips. For me Wilson Pro White is the best. Some people say Tourna is the best in hot summer days (I do not know yet). You can order from TW different overgrips in small packs - do not order 30 grip roll if you have not tried. I was little bit disapointed with Tourna (maybe my expectations was too high):
1. Tourna overgrips are not cut in angle (both ends are cut 90 deg.).
2. It wears out fast - I change it after 3-4 hours.
3. Wilson has softer feel and more grip.

You should test and decide. Sure it is not bad overgrip - lot of Pro using it...

...yes, Tourna grip from TW comes 2 x 15 rolls

Good luck!

deflori
02-25-2004, 01:58 PM
hi,

I think too,that the tourna is in Summer better,but the only thing is that the durability is very ill.......The wilson is a great grip,when you not try it out,make it (its like the Yonex Super Grip or the Tecnicfibre Tour Grip)

but when i would have the money of the atpPros,i would play the tourna ever: )
but for 2hour play its to expensive for me....

Add_In
02-25-2004, 05:20 PM
I have tried them all and to me the Yonex Overgrip is the best.

Tour90
02-25-2004, 11:16 PM
I only use tourna, and they come in 3 different colors, grey, blue, and black. I've used grey and that only last for about 3-4 hours of play. Blue last the longest. Tourna is probably the best grip to use in the summer, it absorbs alot of sweat and it extremely tacky. If you role like me, you'll use it year round, hahha, well, yeah it's quite pricey for it longevity.

Jerry Seinfeld
02-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Tounagrip doesn't last long, but nothing is better at absorbing sweat. If replaced often, you will be very pleased.

That said the Wilson pro white is a pretty solid choice and it lasts much longer. The Yonex SuperGrap will also serve you well and has properties similar to the Wilson.

Rick Streeter
02-26-2004, 08:07 AM
:?: Does anyone know anythig about Alpha grips??? :?:

Rick

polakosaur
02-27-2004, 08:01 PM
tourna is okay, durability is a problem with it

James Brown
03-01-2004, 05:03 AM
tournagrip and stuff like wilson pro serve different purposes. Tournagrip absorbs sweat while the wilson pro concentrates on being nice and tacky. so during the summer or if you sweat a lot OR if your tennis club is a freaking sauna and a half (like mine) tournagrip is great. Wilson is very comfortable as well. It wont last much longer than tournagrip on a hot day :>

d wayne
03-03-2004, 05:09 AM
I used Tourna Grip for years and loved it. However, it did not hold up well- in summer I was changing it every other match. Last summer I tried Gamma Pro Wrap and it is great. Close to the Tourna feel, a little bit tackier feel and much better durability. It absorbs sweat just as well

nn
03-08-2004, 07:54 PM
DUNLOP HYDRAMAX ABSORB OVERGRIP.

A durable, lighweight performance overgrip, significantly improves moisture reduction while retaining grip shape. Comparable to TournaGrip.

Foo4Everlong
03-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Gamma Pro Wrap.... for sure!

I used to use Tournagrip as well, who hasn't. Anyways, I tried this Gamma Pro Wrap a couple of years ago when it first came out and I haven't touched anything else since. It is a little tackier for extra grip, and the durability is outstanding. Tournagrip tends to shred away as you use it, and I have not found that the Gamma shreds at all. The other pluses are that it is cut for extended racquets, I think (I don't use extended racquets so I'm not toally sure), and it is cut at angles on both ends of the wrap unlike Tournagrip. Give it a try and see what you think. I swear by it. Later

polo02
04-02-2004, 12:33 AM
I think Tournagrip is the best absorbent overgrip out there, my palms sweat like crazy during the summer (I live in Florida), and they even sweat a lot during the winter, and tournagrip has been the only grip that I can play with, I have only had the grip shred on me once and this was due to a bad batch and I play around twice a week at my college, I called Tournagrip and they are replacing the batch. People are right that it doesn't last as long as other grips, however the good thing about the grip is that you can turn it around since most people don't play with both hands on the racket most of the time --of course you use it for the two handed backhand. The bottom part of the overgrip gets wet faster because your dominant hand is always grabbing the racket so you can turn the grip around and extend the life of your tournagrip, doing this makes the grip last awhile. I used to use the Prince No Sweat and some Head overgrip but they are no match to Tournagrip. If your hands sweat a lot THIS IS THE GRIP FOR YOU, if they don't you can try a grip that is more tacky. I will be trying other grips in the future though. If you guys know of a grip that is even more absorbent than Tournagrip please post it, thanks :)