PDA

View Full Version : Quick question: Who/What is Rolaids?

firepanda
05-30-2012, 07:50 PM
That is a term I've seen bandied about, but I don't know what it means. The others, like Nadovic, are more obvious than this. Something to do with Nadal?

FlashFlare11
05-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Nah, it's Djokovic. That's one of Clarky21's creations. Usually, the origins are pretty clear, but I'm at a loss as to where this one came from.

Tenez101
05-30-2012, 07:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolaids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novak_Djokovic)

10is
05-30-2012, 07:57 PM
To quote myself:

Taking Rolaids with Adderall can lead to deletrious over-stimulating side effects in the latter resulting from a faster metabolic rate thus ensuring a more intense but less prolonged "high". Clarky (who coined the term for Novak) knows this because of her addiction to "(N)adderall", thus her aversion to "Rolaids/Tums" and the other various brands of antacids Novak represents.

Clarky21
05-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Nah, it's Djokovic. That's one of Clarky21's creations. Usually, the origins are pretty clear, but I'm at a loss as to where this one came from.

Recently,he called off a press conference because his coach said he had "heartburn". This is where the nickname came from because that has to be one of the silliest reasons I have ever heard of for calling off a 15 minute press conference. :lol:

FlashFlare11
05-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Recently,he called off a press conference because his coach said he had "heartburn". This is where the nickname came from because that has to be one of the silliest reasons I have ever heard of for calling off a 15 minute press conference.

Okay, thanks! I was wondering where that one came from because I knew from where all the others were derived.

Evan77
lol, ask Clarky ... if you want a simple answer it's Djoko

Tenez101
My favorites were:

Possum
Djesus

Clarky21
05-30-2012, 08:02 PM
My favorites were:

Possum
Djesus

Glad you like them. :lol:

FlashFlare11
05-30-2012, 08:03 PM

Yeah, Possum and Tums are two personal favorites of mine!

Sentinel
05-30-2012, 08:04 PM
By the time you find out what rolaids is, Cl would have moved on to some other name.

Anyway, thanks, even i have been wondering.

1970CRBase
05-30-2012, 08:05 PM
"Magneto" completely floored me. I still have no idea what that one was supposed to mean.

Clarky21
05-30-2012, 08:08 PM
"Magneto" completely floored me. I still have no idea what that one was supposed to mean.

Magneto is short for magnetotherapy. It's some of the quackery that Dr.Igor sold to Rolaids,and Rolaids bought hook,line,and sinker.

http://docigor.org/

jwjh
05-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Why Possum, Tums, **** and Magneto? I need a lesson in creative thinking.

FlashFlare11
05-30-2012, 08:10 PM
You can say a lot of things about Clarky, but one thing you have to give her is that she's quite creative.

Clarky21
05-30-2012, 08:14 PM

Acting as though he is about to die(playing dead is referred to as "playing possum"),only to suddenly rejuvenate and sprint around the court as if nothing was ever wrong= Possum

The "heartburn" saga= Tums

Rolaids infamous "egg" machine that helps produce extra red blood cells in the body= ****

And I already explained the Magneto nickname in a post above.

Evan77
05-30-2012, 08:18 PM
My favorites were:

Possum
Djesus
haha, she is good, great nicks, especially Cvack and Djesus, lol. I can't be bothered to explain this stuff but it's great :)

Mustard
05-30-2012, 08:25 PM
That is a term I've seen bandied about, but I don't know what it means. The others, like Nadovic, are more obvious than this. Something to do with Nadal?

Rolaids is one of the many pet names that Clarky21 has given Novak Djokovic. The other petnames that I recall are ****, Possum, Magneto and Djesus.

Loose Cannon
05-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Corny..............

firepanda
05-30-2012, 08:27 PM
...Because Djokovic is so hard to type...

Thanks for the explanations, anyway. Clarky is the source of the TW's greatest predictions also, apparently. Is possum in reference to the painful AO2012 semifinal?

1970CRBase
05-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Acting as though he is about to die(playing dead is referred to as "playing possum"),only to suddenly rejuvenate and sprint around the court as if nothing was ever wrong= Possum

Rolaids infamous "egg" machine that helps produce extra red blood cells in the body= ****

And I already explained the Magneto nickname in a post above.

I like your quick and lively mind but you'll have to come up with new ones now having given all these away /winks

Mustard
05-30-2012, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the explanations, anyway. Clarky is the source of the TW's greatest predictions also, apparently. Is possum in reference to the painful AO2012 semifinal?

That, and the 2011 US Open final, where Djokovic looked injured and "done in" at the end of the third set yet came through 6-1 in the fourth set. **** is a reference to that egg machine that supposedly boosts the red blood cell count in a person's blood.

marc45
05-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Recently,he called off a press conference because his coach said he had "heartburn". This is where the nickname came from because that has to be one of the silliest reasons I have ever heard of for calling off a 15 minute press conference. :lol:it was definitely worth the change from djesus, well thought out...many of the best laid plans are made without much planning, like the hoover damn or the wright brothers

marc45
05-30-2012, 08:33 PM

a never ending source of wisdom, you're kind of like the steve jobs of worthless information that nobody cares about or pays anything for other than their frickkin' time

Clarky21
05-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Corny..............

Get a sense of humor would you? It's all just harmless fun.

marc45
05-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Magneto is short for magnetotherapy. It's some of the quackery that Dr.Igor sold to Rolaids,and Rolaids bought hook,line,and sinker.

http://docigor.org/magneto is short for lots of free time not rubbing crosses, keeping appointments with psychiatrists, or consulting psychics

Clarky21
05-30-2012, 08:35 PM
I like your quick and lively mind but you'll have to come up with new ones now having given all these away /winks

I've always got more where those came from. Prilosec is a neverending source of hilarity,so there will be no shortage of material. Lol.

marc45
05-30-2012, 08:39 PM

And I already explained the Magneto nickname in a post above.just said, the time that could be spent examining tennis matches, expounding on the wonder and history of the game and we get a tenth-grade david letterman top ten list writer...i suppose it's the best he/she could do, but still sad

marc45
05-30-2012, 08:41 PM
haha, she is good, great nicks, especially Cvack and Djesus, lol. I can't be bothered to explain this stuff but it's great :)

you really can't be bothered to explain
...i'm not asking for atomic bomb specs, but some effort man...there is an mo at work here

marc45
05-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Corny..............as good as any decription

Evan77
05-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Rolaids is probably the funniest one, lol ...

marc45
05-30-2012, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the explanations, anyway. Clarky is the source of the TW's greatest predictions also, apparently. Is possum in reference to the painful AO2012 semifinal?she's the jimmy the greek of predicions, an old-timer and hopefully without the racism

marc45
05-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Rolaids is probably the funniest one, lol ...a laugh riot...benny, stooges. early steve martin and snl, a stand-up chris rock

Evan77
05-30-2012, 08:52 PM
you really can't be bothered to explain
...i'm not asking for atomic bomb specs, but some effort man...there is an mo at work here
OK, I'll try... Djesus is Jesus Christ. Clracky is just being silly playing with words. the **** thing is related to that egg machine Novak used ... you need to do some googling.
here is the link
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/this-is-the-fitness-pod-that-helped-novak-djokovic-become-no-1?urn=ten,wp2719
I hope it helps

Clarky21
05-30-2012, 08:59 PM
OK, I'll try... Djesus is Jesus Christ. Clracky is just being silly playing with words. the **** thing is related to that egg machine Novak used ... you need to do some googling.
here is the link
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/this-is-the-fitness-pod-that-helped-novak-djokovic-become-no-1?urn=ten,wp2719
I hope it helps

Stalker45 is not being serious. He just seems to be fixating on me which is why I just ignore him,and don't respond to his psychotic ramblings. Seriously,the guy has a major screw loose somewhere in his head.