PDA

View Full Version : What do you think? More people watch than play or vice versa

richied
05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
I love to play tennis, have done for 20 years. These days I hate to watch it. I find it so boring. I was just wondering who's out there in tennis land like me. I used to love watching and playing, but damn times have changed.

FlashFlare11
05-30-2012, 10:52 PM
I love both! I watch a lot of tennis (live, highlights online, full match replays) and I try to incorporate different techniques and tactics into my matches. I watch videos of players hitting, practicing, videos of techniques, etc. and use all of it when I actually play.

I just love tennis!

firepanda
05-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Boring? It can be boring to watch 50 aces at Wimbledon. Some people don't like the endless back-and-forth of Roland Garros.

I'm not a fan of watching sport, but tennis is an exception, simply because I enjoy their skill. I like players who play like me (Simon, Ferrer, Djokovic, Tipsy) simply because its easier to see just how good they are.
Like FF11 I like seeing what the players are trying. I had a lot of fun messing about with the reverse FH a few weeks ago. I tried hitting single-handed about a year back. It didn't work, but my slice really improved. There are a few things to be gained.

SwankPeRFection
05-30-2012, 11:45 PM
I do both a lot. I much prefer to play it though. When I was out with a sprained ankle I watched tennis, played it on XBOX, strung racquets and I still couldn't get enough to offset the want to go out and play. It was grueling. Sucked...

FlashFlare11
05-30-2012, 11:58 PM
I do both a lot. I much prefer to play it though. When I was out with a sprained ankle I watched tennis, played it on XBOX, strung racquets and I still couldn't get enough to offset the want to go out and play. It was grueling. Sucked...

I know the feeling. It's so hard when you watch but can't play. Nothing satisfies the desire to play like actually going out and playing.