PDA

View Full Version : What did you think the 1st time you saw these players?

War, Safin!
05-31-2012, 01:08 AM
That moment or moments soon after you first saw a clip, match, image of these players - what was your first thought?

For me:
Roger Federer - the backhand. I'd never seen anyone hit such a backhand like that for years. Just really graceful.

Rafael Nadal - to be honest, it wasn't his game (which I appreciate now, of course) but there was too much else going on: capri-pants, sleevless shirt, biceps, etc

Noval Djokovic - thought he was a bit of a psycho! Buzz-cut hairstyle, mad eyes, seemed very intense on winning points. (remember when he did the karoake of 'I Will Survive' at RG '07 - I warmed to him then)

Andy Murray - typical-British-tennis player I'm afraid. I thought the big Wimby match against Nalbandian 5 years ago would be as far as it got.

Jo-Wilfred Tsonga: perfect for grass-court tennis...heavy serve and powerful. Huge, powerful cuts at the ball at AusOpen in '08 - I thought how can anyone deal with this guy's power?

Of course, we can go back years and years for older players but Id have to really try and remember from way back!

Sentinel
05-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Players I can remember first impressions of:

Murray : saw him as a teenager with those curly hair and really thought he was cool then.

Fred: Arrested by his game

Nalbandian : Thought this chap was gonna blow everyone away

Joker: he was facing a lot of back pains and I immediately had a soft spot for him and rooted for him in all his matches

Radek: Couldn't stand him to start with but then grew to like his different game, and became a big supporter

Nadal -- honestly can't recall anything

Tsonga - like his game straight off, and this was around 2007.

tusharlovesrafa
05-31-2012, 01:23 AM

Murray : saw him as a teenager with those curly hair and really thought he was cool then.

Fred: seduced by his game

Nalbandian : Thought this chap was gonna blow everyone away

Joker: he was facing a lot of back pains and I immediately had a soft spot for him and rooted for him in all his matches

Radek: Couldn't stand him to start with but then grew to like his different game, and became a big supporter

Tsonga - like his game straight off, and this was around 2007.

corrected it for you.:)

Blinkism
05-31-2012, 01:23 AM
First time I saw;

Murray: I thought he needed even more sunblock.

Djokovic: I thought he needed to lose some weight.

Nadal: I thought he needed to take some more time between points, he's always in a rush.

Monfils: I thought he needed to relax on the court.

Gulbis: I thought the kid from Spy Kids is actually a pretty good tennis player, good for him.

Dolgopolov: Good for her? Him?

Federer: I thought he was just perfect. The words golden and eagle came to mind immediately.

War, Safin!
05-31-2012, 01:27 AM

Murray? Cool? LOL.

Oh you asked for it - *********s will crucify you!

mmk
05-31-2012, 02:07 AM
Fed: Wished I could play like him

Nadal: Raging bull

Murray: Worst facial hair ever

Tsonga: couldn't focus on his game, just how much he looked like Ali

Magnus
05-31-2012, 02:18 AM
Fed: tennis at its best, I want to play like that.

Nadal: A raging bully.

Murray: Irritating (though I've grown to like Murray)

Djokovic: crybaby

Rock Strongo
05-31-2012, 02:24 AM
Fed: What a boring boring man! Can he just disappear from my TV screen?

Nadal: YES! BEAT FEDERER!!!!!

Murray: No.

Tsonga: SWEET!!!!!

Roddick, Henman, Edberg: I want to play like that!!!

Castiel
05-31-2012, 02:49 AM
First impressions:

Federer: I didn't know him at all. but his cloths (those cardigans at wimbledon), his attitude on the court and his game, made him look like he is on a level beyond everyone else.

Nadal: looked like a young and inspired fighter. I was actually rooting for him in Wimbledon 2008 final. he looked like the young guy trying to put everything he can in order to win.

vive le beau jeu !
05-31-2012, 03:52 AM
some examples...

roger: saw him live before seeing him on TV ! he was 17 and it was only the 2nd time i was watching pro tennis (not easy to assess a player's game with so few "live spectator" experience)... looked cool and smooth to the eye, a promising player... but i didn't guess he would be that succesful ! ;)

djokovic: first time i saw him was a bit of his match vs safin at AO2005... didn't help me to predict a succesful future for him either !

the nadal: visceral hatred at first sight (though i've grown to hate him even more with time), ugly game, ugly player, ugly person. a threat to our beautiful sport.

murray: boring jaw.

baghdatis: positive vibes on the court.

gonzalez: what a forehand !

arazi (vs. rios, RG 1997): what a backhand !

philippoussis: what a power !

dolgopolov: how strange...

in the past (early 90's and before) i often read about players and saw some of their results before watching them, so the first impression was obviously affected by that.
Roddick, Henman, Edberg: I want to play like that!!!
i think you will have to make a choice... it's either play like roddick, or play like henman/edberg !
(i'd suggest the 2nd option) ;)

War, Safin!
05-31-2012, 04:09 AM
Lleyton Hewitt: little punk-kid. I totally changed my mind in Wimbledon '02 when he crushed everyone en-route to the trophy. I thought he'd reign for a long time, LOL.

Andy Roddick: just another big-server, not much else cos at that time, it was the era of 'Big Servers'.

Pete Sampras: one of my alltime favorite tennis-players, but when I first saw him in 1993, I was like, "WTF is this? How boring - he doesn't seem to be even enjoying it"

Boris Becker: ugly ginger-kid with over-developed body for his age

Evan77
05-31-2012, 04:15 AM
First time I saw;

Murray: I thought he needed even more sunblock.

Djokovic: I thought he needed to lose some weight.

Nadal: I thought he needed to take some more time between points, he's always in a rush.

Monfils: I thought he needed to relax on the court.

Gulbis: I thought the kid from Spy Kids is actually a pretty good tennis player, good for him.

Dolgopolov: Good for her? Him?

Federer: I thought he was just perfect. The words golden and eagle came to mind immediately.
lol, oh some of you guys are just too much. you made me laugh so hard, haha, Djoko losing some weight, haha, just awesome
dolgo, good for her/him, lol, he tries so hard with that hair, good stuff :)

Mainad
05-31-2012, 04:23 AM
Andy Murray - typical-British-tennis player I'm afraid.

Typical?? God, how I wish he were...lol! :)

zcarzach
05-31-2012, 04:30 AM
Federer - Honestly wondered if he was a human-alien hybrid, like The X-Files. He is too good to be human.

Nadal - I never liked Nadal. His clothes annoyed me, his attitude annoyed me (still does). His game annoyed me (still does). No thanks.

Murray - Buy a razor, dude.

Djokovic - The first time I noticed him was when he beat Federer in Montreal back in 2007. I was surprised, not pleasantly so, that he beat Roger. Thought he wouldn't amount to anything. Guess I was wrong.

Mainad
05-31-2012, 04:31 AM
A few first impressions:

Federer: Looked a bit shy and geeky with his greasy, slightly scruffy pony-tail and stubble (such a contrast to smart, well-groomed Fed today).

Nadal: I felt if you stuck a feather in his headband, he could play an Apache in some Western.

Djokovic: Exciting kid. Seemed to be the best bet to take on the Big 2 even then.

Murray: Slightly comical looking. Thought he was going to be all promise and no deliver (like most British hopefuls). I guess some of us still think that (not me).

Roddick: Looked the biz! With that serve, I didn't see how ANYBODY could overcome him.

brettsticker86
05-31-2012, 05:35 AM
Federer - I remember the first glimpse i got of him was when he beat Sampras at wimbledon in 01 i think. I remember loving the fluidness of his strokes and thought he had a bright future ahead.

Nadal - I saw highlights of his match at the 03 us open against el anoui (spelling?). he lost in 3 tight sets and i remember thinking "id love to see more of this kid". something about the way he bashed the ball from the baseline was very appealing to me.

Roddick - First saw him at the 01 french with that memorable win over chang and his retirement against hewitt. I can't ever recall being more in awe of a player just absolutely destroying the ball like that. I just kept telling myself "i wanna serve like that!"

Murray - I thought he looked like one of the martians off of Mars Attacks.

Mustard
05-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Roger Federer: In February 2000, against Lleyton Hewitt in Davis Cup. I remember that Federer had an awful hairstyle. Hewitt won the match 6-2, 3-6, 7-6, 6-1. I thought Federer was talented, but somewhat fiery.

Rafael Nadal: In April 2003, at Monte Carlo, where he beat the reigning French Open champion, Albert Costa, 7-5, 6-3. Guillermo Coria beat Nadal 7-6, 6-2 in the next round. I thought that Nadal was a serious big clay-court player for the future, and I absolutely loved his style.

Guillermo Coria: At the 2000 French Open, where he lost to Wayne Ferreira. Coria was just 18, but a genius of a talent on the clay. I loved his style too.

Novak Djokovic: Thrashed by Marat Safin at the 2005 Australian Open. Didn't think much of Djokovic at the time, really, because he got totally crushed.

Andy Murray: At 2005 Queen's Club. Murray beat Taylor Dent, and then cramped horribly in a 3-set match that he lost to Thomas Johansson. I thought that Murray would have to get a lot fitter to sort out his cramping problems.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga: At 2007 Queen's Club, where he beat Lleyton Hewitt, a match where Tsonga whipped up the crowd throughout. A charismatic figure with a fluid game.

Lleyton Hewitt: I first saw him on an ATP highlights show after he won 1998 Adelaide while ranked 550 in the world, a record for the lowest ranked player to win a main tour tournament. Hewitt beat Scott Draper, Mark Woodforde, Vincent Spadea, Andre Agassi and Jason Stoltenberg to win the title. I was absolutely convinced that Hewitt was the next tennis superstar once the Sampras era was over.

Andy Roddick: At 2001 Miami, where he beat the reigning champion, Pete Sampras. My opinion of him wasn't as high as the hype he was getting, but I thought he would be a future major champion, probably at Wimbledon with that big serve.

David Nalbandian: First saw him at the 2000 Miami Masters, where he lost to Jim Courier. Ironically, that was the first main ATP tournament that Nalbandian played, while it was also the last main ATP tournament that Courier played before his retirement. Like with Djokovic, I didn't think much of Nalbandian at the time.

Thomas Muster: Saw him crush Andre Agassi in the 1990 Davis Cup semi finals, although I saw it retrospectively in 1991 on an ITF Davis Cup programme. I absolutely loved Muster's gamestyle and enthusiasm on the court, and he was my favourite player from then on.

Goran Ivanisevic: At 1990 Wimbledon, where he reached the semi finals before losing to Becker in 4 sets. I remember thinking "what a serve!", and he was a very entertaining personality.

Jim Courier: I first saw him at the 1991 French Open, where he ended up winning the tournament. I was impressed with his forehand and tenacity.

Andre Agassi: Saw him crushed by Muster in 1990 Davis Cup. Like Federer, another tennis player with a silly hairstyle.

Marcelo Rios: Losing a very close 3-set match to Pete Sampras at the 1994 French Open. What a talent!

Gustavo Kuerten: First saw him in 1996 Davis Cup in Brazil against Austria. Kuerten was partnered with Jaime Oncins against Thomas Muster and Udo Plamberger. This is the match where Brazil went a break up in the fifth set, when Muster then refused to continue with the match due to the Brazilian fans constantly reflecting the sun's light into his eyes by using mirrors and watches. Austria then refused to play on with the tie. Austria were later fined 35,500 by the ITF after Austria's bid to get the tie replayed at a neutral venue was rejected.

Rock Strongo
05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
i think you will have to make a choice... it's either play like roddick, or play like henman/edberg !
(i'd suggest the 2nd option) ;)

I literally played like that! Looking back that was more Philippoussis/Dent than anything else, but it was either that or staying back taking big cuts at the ball (well, I say big, it was big for an average 10-year old!).

vive le beau jeu !
05-31-2012, 03:39 PM
I literally played like that! Looking back that was more Philippoussis/Dent than anything else, but it was either that or staying back taking big cuts at the ball (well, I say big, it was big for an average 10-year old!).
if your game looks like philippoussis', it must look cool. :)
Lleyton Hewitt: I first saw him on an ATP highlights show after he won 1998 Adelaide while ranked 550 in the world, a record for the lowest ranked player to win a main tour tournament. Hewitt beat Scott Draper, Mark Woodforde, Vincent Spadea, Andre Agassi and Jason Stoltenberg to win the title.
eheh... i remember reading the result of the adelaide tournaments in a newspaper. i was wondering... wow, who the the hell is this young unknown hewitt, ranked so low, who beats an agassi apparently motivated to come back ? it took some time before i finally see him playing... but on the paper he seemed promising. ;)
I was absolutely convinced that Hewitt was the next tennis superstar once the Sampras era was over.
interesting. wasn't easy to guess what was coming after the sampras era...
i firstly thought we would see a lot more of philippoussis and rios... i was wrong. then... hewitt and safin ? that might be the new era !
still wrong...
... and then roger exceeded the hopes i had in him ! :)

Tony48
05-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Federer: Wow...he's good. Can someone please beat him.
Nadal: WTF is he wearing?
Djokovic: Intense. Funny service motion
Murray: I don't remember my first impression of him
Tsonga: Can he bash the ball any harder? Jesus

Mustard
05-31-2012, 04:26 PM
interesting. wasn't easy to guess what was coming after the sampras era...
i firstly thought we would see a lot more of philippoussis and rios... i was wrong. then... hewitt and safin ? that might be the new era !
still wrong...
... and then roger exceeded the hopes i had in him ! :)

I thought Hewitt had all the shots, and especially the mentality needed, to succeed at the highest level. This was confirmed all the more to me with some of his performances in 1999 and 2000, and I thought that once he got a bit older and more experienced, then he could possibly win 10 majors. I thought his Australian Open record would be a lot better overall than what it has ended up being. And after Hewitt beat prime Kuerten on clay in straight sets in Kuerten's hometown during 2001 Davis Cup, in such a high level match, I thought even winning the French Open was a possibility for Hewitt.

As for Rios, I did think he would win a few majors, but as early as 1999, injuries were starting to bother him. By 2000, they were becoming a nuisance and his schedule and results suffered. Philippoussis also had his injury problems, but I always thought of him as a streaky player, dangerous to anybody on his day, but also inconsistent.

DeShaun
05-31-2012, 04:26 PM
federer- there was something clean, clinical and cool
rafa- how intensively he scrambled
novak-how eminently cocky he seemed
murray- what a joyless personality
jo-how much he resembled ali the boxer

1970CRBase
05-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Federer : smooth talker. nice jawline. BAD hair.

Nadal : Humble and Modest. Articulate and well spoken.

Djokovic : Looks like some kind of a skinny computer nerd.

Murray : Boring, dour and dorky.

Tsonga - is worth looking at. His head, features, shoulders, and torso have a size that attracts attention; their proportions to each other made an effect which in any male at any place would justify more than the term handsome - in his later years, he is likely to become to be known beyond his local world, the word "Roman" will be used in descriptions of him. His legs bore out the striking and agreeable proportions of his body; and his lightness on his feet, his erectness, his easy bearing, add to the impression of physical grace and virility. His suppleness, combined with his bigness of frame, and his large, wide-set rather glowing eyes, heavy black hair, and markedly bronze complexion give him some of the handsomeness of an Indian. His courtesy as he surrenders tennis advice to fellow players suggests genuine friendliness towards all mankind. His voice is noticeably resonant, masculine, warm. His pleasure in the attentions of the fashionistas reflect a consciousness about clothes unusual in an Parisian man. His manner, as he bestows a tip suggested generous good-nature, a wish to give pleasure, based on physical well-being and a sincere kindliness of heart. (Apologies to unknown tt author :mrgreen:)

NLBwell
05-31-2012, 09:21 PM
^ Wow.
Tsonga - this guy could bring volleying back to tennis.

Clay lover
05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Kuerten-Crazy 1hander
Safin-Great power and big serve
Fed-Domination
Nad-Nice topspin forehand
Djokovic-Well balanced both offensively and defensively
Murray-Epic defense and smart game
Verdasco-Cool forehand
Andreev-Brutal forehand

Evan77
05-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Sent, lol, Mr. Bean, absolutely priceless, :)

15_ounce
06-01-2012, 12:34 AM
pheww...took me about 10 seconds to remember my username... haven't been here a while...

Nadal: First time I saw him in 2005 playing against Hewitt.. My first impression was.. what a grinder! He played such a looong loong rally to tipperary and such huuuge topspin balls. It was a bit weird I thought.

Sampras: Knew him from my local newspaper as he is often in the tennis headline, winning everything. Then watched him on my old black and white tv in the 90s. What a serve! What a powerful game!

Steffi Graff: Wow what a smooth machine!

Federer: Saw him after I migrated to a new country in 2004 Australia Open. My first impression was: this guy can do anything with the ball from any part of the court... MAGIC.

Russeljones
06-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Roger Federer - the hair!!! long hair and a headband ARGGGHH

Rafael Nadal - good mover and dependable FH

Noval Djokovic - looked like another top 30 pusher

Andy Murray - was surprised to see him tire out after 2 sets

Jo-Wilfred Tsonga: exciting and powerful, fell short of my expectations

Love all
06-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Coria: Like his cute face and little body.
Nadal: Didn't like his furious celebrations after winning each point.
Federer: As soon as I saw him, became fan of his game and then of everything related to him.

sureshs
06-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Tsonga - is worth looking at. His head, features, shoulders, and torso have a size that attracts attention; their proportions to each other made an effect which in any male at any place would justify more than the term handsome - in his later years, he is likely to become to be known beyond his local world, the word "Roman" will be used in descriptions of him. His legs bore out the striking and agreeable proportions of his body; and his lightness on his feet, his erectness, his easy bearing, add to the impression of physical grace and virility. His suppleness, combined with his bigness of frame, and his large, wide-set rather glowing eyes, heavy black hair, and markedly bronze complexion give him some of the handsomeness of an Indian. His courtesy as he surrenders tennis advice to fellow players suggests genuine friendliness towards all mankind. His voice is noticeably resonant, masculine, warm. His pleasure in the attentions of the fashionistas reflect a consciousness about clothes unusual in an Parisian man. His manner, as he bestows a tip suggested generous good-nature, a wish to give pleasure, based on physical well-being and a sincere kindliness of heart. (Apologies to unknown tt author :mrgreen:)

With his new hair style, he looks weird

Gangsta
06-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Federer: Punk
Nadal: Another Moya
Murray: What's the fuss
Djokovic: Nice attitude
Woodbridge/Edberg: Amazing grace

UltimateBombero
06-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I started watching in 2002-2003, so I can't speak for anyone before that..BUT:

Roddick: Loved him. He was my gateway drug into tennis. The bright blue Reebok shirt, the spiky hair, huge serve and forehand, his incessant scrambling for every point, to the point of looking clumsy, I was like "I could maybe do that". Thus it began.

Nadal: I remember watching a 17 or 18 year old Nadal play a thriller at the US Open one year on the Grandstand, and he looked like some crazy Navajo warrior with the headband, biceps and capris. I liked watching him play, but always figured he'd be a novelty act. No way I predicted he would become the player he is today.

Djoko: Thought he was a wimp. He looked like a computer geek and had a habit for retiring and/or having health issues while playing.

Federer: Magician.

El Mejor
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Tsonga- Nice hair!

Murray- he must be constipated

Baghdatis- His pony tail is insane

Nadal- he has to be on roids

KneisslDestroyer
06-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Hana Mandlikova-Graceful Insanity
Jana Novotna- Single Minded Agression
Andrea Temesvari- Hot Hungarian killed Navratilova once.
Catharine Tanvier- Hot French topspinner
Bettina Bunge- Smooth German stroke machine

Jose Luis Clerc- Uptight tense crazy eyes
David Wheaton- Banzai tennis
Vince VanPatten- Son of a tv star, beat McEnroe once
Joakim Nystrom- A Mats Wilander clone

Um what year is this?

srinrajesh
06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Becker- teenaged champion Wow a legend in the making- Great charisma and presence on court, the guy who dives on court

Lendl- Who's this machine like character

Agassi- The colorful guy wearing awful jeans shorts and long hair

Sampras- Big server, Oh No he could threaten Becker at Wimbledon

Ivanisevic- The Lefty looking like a beanpole with the killer server

Rafter - Great Volley, whats with the streak of white hair

Henman - Great British Hope for winning wimbledon if he keeps improving

Guga- The strange and nice colorful character from Brazil. Great charisma. What a backhand!

Hewitt- Boy wonder. Sure to win grand slams

Safin - Hard Hitting Russian with big game could achieve great things. The next kafelnikov?

Federer- The one with the ugly ponytail, talented junior beats Sampras at Wimby but loses to Ancic next year

Nadal - as a 17 year old playing doubles final - Wow he's a real talent for the future. Great skills, Love his attitude and the way he celebrates on winning a point

Murray- After losing to Nalby at Wimby- This guy needs to improve physically then would probably end British dry spell at Wimbledon

Djokovic- Funny Guy. The Joker who imitates people

srinrajesh
06-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Martina Navratilova- Magical touch at net , Great player

Steffi Graf- Becker's countrywoman and future girlfriend ?
powerful forehand

Sabatini - Wow. Beautiful

Arantxa -Pocket Dynamite.. Runs down everything.. a female Chang?

Seles- strange player Double handed on both sides. why does she scream so much

Williamses- What the heck -they are so powerful and play like men ??

Martina Hingis- Great talent - Swiss miss named after Martina

Clijsters- Acrobat -wonderful splits on court.. Would love to see her become No.1

Sania Mirza -Great Indian hope .. would be great if she becomes slam contender

Sharapova- Who this tall Siberian girl looking like a model? Hope she stops Williams domination at wimby

Azarenka- Mini sharapova. Powerful and tall but she keeps missing big leads and getting sick

Kvitova- Fearless. Streaky player. When her game's on no one can beat her.. great to see her go for her shots

iriraz
06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Ivanisevic-big server who can blow anyone off court including himself;not a great tennis IQ,top on grass,solid indoor but rest pretty average
Sampras-great,consistent serve but always gets himself into close situations(rarely winning 6-1 6-2 sets);does pretty much nothing in the return games until 4-4 or 5-5 and then breaks serve out of nowhere
Agassi-first match i saw,he almost got defaulted after aiming a ball at the chair umpire.Thought he would become the next Nastase or Mcenroe
Roddick-huge serve and weak ground game.With lots of work he can win Wimbledon some day
Kuerten-who is this colorful guy from Brazil coming out of nowhere winning 5 setter after 5 setter against top players like Muster or Kafelnikov
Federer-playing against Agassi at Basel is a good experience for the swiss kid.Nice looking game,but a lot of work needs to be done to make the transition from juniors to pro tour
Djokovic-poor kid having to face Safin in R1 at the Australian Open.Some good shots but he isn`t ready yet for the big stage
Nadal-full of energy running for every ball,but tough to imagine that he won`t get a big injury or get exhausted at some stage.
Murray-Didn`t think much of him really.Typical British Wimbledon WC,wins 1 or 2 matches until he loses and disappears until next year.

goderer
06-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Federer: God
Murray: Braveheart
Tsonga: nice guy
Djokovic: very bad attitude
Berdych: hated him instantly
Nadal: the Devil himself

seattle_1hander
06-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Nadal-Fun and goofy with his gear
Djokovic-Annoying and poor attitude (FO 06 semi interview)
Murray-Literally didn't understand how anyone could lose to him, he was a pusher beyond all pushers
Roddick-Wanted to copy him and his power. Was once a fan, and ignored that Federer guy.
Hewitt-Fun player to watch scramble and beat Sampras in 01
Federer-After I got through my Roddick phase, and I really paid attention to him in late 2004..."he is literally God himself. He is everything perfect in this world and poetry personified. Religions will be made dedicated to this man."

Kobble
06-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Here is a bunch.

Federer - Guy is a bit annoying. Was happy when he destroyed Roddick.

Nadal - Finally someone to beat up Federer.

Djokovic - Could be a multi slam winner. Very solid game.

Murray - Good shot selection.

Tsonga - Looks like Ali.

Roddick - Big serve. Scrappy player.

Kuerten - Weird neck movement on serve.

Muster - Tough. Inspirational.

Kucera - F--k this guy and his coach (Mecir). LOL

Nalbandian - Nice game.

Mischa Zverev - Bit of a punk. Makes for interesting matches, though.

Baghdatis - The more charming Rios.

Simone Bolleli - Nice girlfriend...and a good game.

Safin - This guy is badass.

Rios - *******. "F" him and his Chile fans.

Sampras - Boring with a big serve.

Agassi - Fun to watch.

Edberg - I told you Sampras was beatable if the other guy came to net.

Ivanisevic - Awesome serve.

Ancic - The next Krajicek. Injuries destroyed him; I was right in a way. Sorry, Mario.

Ferrer - Solid player

Tursunov - This guy should stomp some players down.

Benjamin Becker - Awesome serve for a shorter guy.

Kournikova - Full of herself. Turned off.

Venus/Serena - Stupid *****es with a street pimp for a father.

Hingis - Brat, but is a little interesting.

Cibulkova - Saw her back in 2008...Who is that girl?

Viper
06-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Federer: Seemed like a real champion. Dug him.

Djokovic: I didn't think he'd go anywhere. Thought he'd fizzle out.

Monfils: I REALLY thought he was going to mature into something awesome. lol.

Murray: Thought he'd be an overhyped Brit. Was right.

My favorite is Nadal though:

So my family had just got into tennis so we decided to wake up early to watch FO '05 final. We all went in rooting for Nadal (having never have watched him before), but somewhere during the middle of the match, I began to already begin my strong dislike towards him and began rooting for Puerta.

Good times.

CRWV
06-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Federer: That's tennis

Nadal (RG...05 or 06 i think): what beautiful movement, just sliding all over the place, nothing getting past him... (second thought, wtf is he wearing)

Djokovic: that's a cyborg built to play tennis, namely the 2012 Aussie final

Tsonga: badass...

Edberg: perfect

Borg: eyes are too close together

McEnroe: a bit clunky

Sampras: just tennis...no BS clothing, no extra anything, just tennis (in a good way, one of my favs)

Agassi: tool (then again, everyone looked like an idiot in the early nineties)

Roddick: holy sh17 !! (serve, same goes for Isner, Ivanisevic, etc.,)

Wolfman Jack
06-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Federer: I hope he doesn't get those clothes dirty, and he has a pretty backhand.
Murray: Why does he move from side to side like that when he's waiting for the other player to serve? He looks like a schizophrenic patient.
Ferrer: Darn, that little fcker has some ballz.
Nadal: Pirates of the Caribbean, and does he ever give up?
Verdasco: Should have started a drug cartel in some South American country.
Marcelo Rios: Wow, it's like somebody replaced the leaf blower with a racket.
McEnroe: What a crazy *****. LOL
Borg: This guy never gets tired, and has a very interesting movement around the court.
Stepanek: LOL. How does he do it with the ladies?
Sharapova: Need to invent me a shrinking machine and make me a 0.8 scale copy, then we'll live happy together in an island.
Shriavone: Good for her, it goes to show you just because you have an ugly mug it doesn't mean you can't do something in life.
Graf: Nice legs. I wonder if she could be persuaded into getting a rhinoplasty.