PDA

View Full Version : How many transcontinental slams for Fred, Noel and Ralph ?

sbengte
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM
To win a slam each in all of the three continents that host slams , during a single calendar year, is not an easy feat.

So far Fred has 3 (2004, 2006, 2007). Noel has 1 (2011).
Ralph not really in the same class of global domination so maybe not fair to compare, and for a 10 slam winner, he has none.

Let the flaming begin...

WhiskeyEE
06-01-2012, 10:51 PM
lol. I was going to make a similar thread but couldn't think of a name for the slam. Transcontinental works. And I agree.

Feather
06-01-2012, 10:57 PM
To win a slam each in all of the three continents that host slams , during a single calendar year, is not an easy feat.

Ralph not really in the same class of global domination so maybe not fair to compare, and for a 10 slam winner, he has none.

Let the flaming begin...

That was a gem of a post. I wonder how you come up with such topics :)

FlashFlare11
06-01-2012, 11:23 PM
This is genius! Absolutely brilliant!

Sentinel
06-01-2012, 11:35 PM
No more for Fred. Or Raplh.

But Noel certainly will continue to rack up 2-3 more and tie or just surpass Fred.

Why is everyone ignoring the Cincy Slam ? Has anyone won the Transcontinental Cincy Slam ?

Fate Archer
06-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Now that's the achievement that can really test the consistency of a player's level throughout the whole year.

Before Federer dominated the tennis world this used to be quite a rare feat. Federer has 3, Novak has 1. Federer also won the Masters cup in Asia two times in two of these years, making his achievement even more transcontinental.

As for Nadal, unfortunately, he will never achieve it at this point in his career. He can't play well and dominate a whole calendar season like his rivals, as his records show. He was incapable of having a season with more than 90% winning % too.

Feather
06-01-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't think Novak is gonna surpass Roger either.Novak may do it once more. I think of the top three, Novak may do it once, that also very unlikely..

christinamaniac7
06-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Fed to win 10 more TCs & obviously nole has 6 more... Rafa to stand none... The rest of the next 20 years will have no TCs as each of fedole will complete two channel slams apiece!!

You know that fedole will dominate world of tennis for the next 20 years as rafa will fade away in a few months!!

firepanda
06-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Nadal doesn't have the hard court game. The day he does this will be the day he does the Slam.

Federer's a bit past it. He doesn't hold a GS title at all atm, so its a bit of a stretch to have him win two.

Nole can do it and probably will do it, provided he can keep his current form.

And Transcontinental... I like it...

christinamaniac7
06-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Nadal doesn't have the hard court game. The day he does this will be the day he does the Slam.

Federer's a bit past it. He doesn't hold a GS title at all atm, so its a bit of a stretch to have him win two.

Nole can do it and probably will do it, provided he can keep his current form.

And Transcontinental... I like it...

You mean his current form of losing in SFs and Fs? or his '11 form?? :confused:

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 01:03 AM

Let the flaming begin...

Nadal is the only man in WORLD HISTORY to win slams on clay, grass and hardcourt in a calendar year. Far superior to any other feat a player can accomplish in a calendar year. Djokovic and Federer can only dream of that feat.

Feather
06-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Nadal is the only man in WORLD HISTORY to win slams on clay, grass and hardcourt in a calendar year. Far superior to any other feat a player can accomplish in a calendar year. Djokovic and Federer can only dream of that feat.

But Roger has three slams a year thrice. :wink:

firepanda
06-02-2012, 01:12 AM

That stat feels a bit... contrived. I dunno, Federer was always a very good clay courter. He could probably have gotten over 20 slams if Nadal wasn't in the way.

Besides, we're talking about clay + hard or grass + hard, and Nadal's hard game isn't fantastic. I thinks its more likely Novak will slip past Ralph to win French or Wimbledon than it is for Rafa to slip by Nole twice on hard.

Hood_Man
06-02-2012, 02:06 AM

World history? How do you know they didn't play tennis in Atlantis?

ductrung3993
06-02-2012, 02:14 AM

I know that you are insanely stupid but can never imagine that you can reach this level. Boldly argue against the fact, just gotta tip my hat off to you mate. Have never come across anyone with face skin so thick like yours in my entire life.

Hitman
06-02-2012, 07:07 AM

Ahhhh....The famous quote of NadalWon2012. Careful, you're letting your other banned usernames become a bit more obvious...unless that is the intention of course.

TopFH
06-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Federer is the only man in WORLD HISTORY to win two slams 5 consecutive times and to win 3 different slams on 3 different years.

Evan77
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I know that you are insanely stupid but can never imagine that you can reach this level. Boldly argue against the fact, just gotta tip my hat off to you mate. Have never come across anyone with face skin so thick like yours in my entire life.
lol ... yeah, you don't give enough credit to ***. he CAN and he WILL do better ... I hate Nadal because of *** and some other silly Rafa *****. I don't think that *** ever seen a tennis match where his buttpicker wasn't involved but whatever ... the guy is beyond stupid

now, OP, nice thread ... very interesting and refreshing, thumbs up :)

Agassifan
06-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Federer is the only man in WORLD HISTORY to win two slams 5 consecutive times and to win 3 different slams on 3 different years.

Yep! Top that

Hitman
06-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Yep! Top that

I'm gonna top it right now! Since we're all in troll mode thanks to a certain Nadal fan.

Nadal is the first man in WORLD HISTORY to pick his butt in four consecutive grand slam finals over three different surfaces and three different continents, which makes what he has done to be transcontinental. That has never been done before.

(Sorry for the real Nadal fans, i don't mean it in a serious way :cry:). Troll mode off.

firepanda
06-02-2012, 02:12 PM
lol ... yeah, you don't give enough credit to ***. he CAN and he WILL do better ... I hate Nadal because of *** and some other silly Rafa *****. I don't think that *** ever seen a tennis match where his buttpicker wasn't involved but whatever ... the guy is beyond stupid

Haha, I've started to like Nadal because the entire forum ganging up on *** and other Rafans. That guy's getting one hell of a reputation on these forums.

billnepill
06-02-2012, 02:53 PM
*** is not stupid. He is just biased and trolly a level above other posters. He also seems to have a lot of time on his hands which could mean he is either a schoolboy, a housewife or an unemployed. I'm leaning towards schoolboy as he tries too hard to establish himself in the wonky web unreality

On a serious note, this "achievement" - transcontinental slam - sounds made up and a bit pointless. I am trusting the OP to have made it in a troll attempt against Ralph :)

Evan77
06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
'troll mode on'

I started smoking some weed, left my wife, lost my job and it's all because of ***. he is so powerful :shock:. but, but .. then I met Chuck Norris and we fell in love :shock:... Chuck promised me he is coming after ***... YUP, life is strange ... but who could resist to Chuck? does this make me gay? OMG

'troll mode off'

Sentinel
06-02-2012, 08:58 PM
On a serious note, this "achievement" - transcontinental slam - sounds made up and a bit pointless. I am trusting the OP to have made it in a troll attempt against Ralph :)
Its a parody of a thread by you know who (YKW) about the Channel Slam
Not to mention the Trans-WTF slam*. ( I think I mentioned Trans-Cincy slam earlier).

* posted earlier, but that and about 200 other posts got deleted by YKW.

TopFH
06-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Senti, ever heard of the Transcontinental Cincy Masters Slam?
Fed did it in 2007 by winning at Australia, Wimbledon, Cincinnati, New York and Shanghai. Will anyone ever top that?

sbengte
06-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Nadal is the only man .........

That's disappointing coming from someone who is one of the most objective poasters on the board who prefers to talk about real tennis than trolling like 90% of the rest of us. The least I expected from you was to stay ON TOPIC.

Sentinel
06-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Senti, ever heard of the Transcontinental Cincy Masters Slam?
Fed did it in 2007 by winning at Australia, Wimbledon, Cincinnati, New York and Shanghai. Will anyone ever top that?

1 Never heard of it.

2. Of the top of my head I can only think of one man in WORLD HISTORY who can top that.

One guess.