PDA

View Full Version : Delpo and Berdych

LeftySpin
06-02-2012, 02:37 PM
They are pretty similar, tall, big serve, big forehand. Don't you think so?

arche3
06-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Sort of. But tall big fh is like 75% of the atp now .... :)

rrito
06-02-2012, 03:26 PM
imo delpo can hit a lot harder and serve a lot faster than berdy but i think berdy has better movement. without a doubt tho delpo is mentally tougher than berdy, so i feel delpo is gonna take this match.

tata
06-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I think the berdy is going to take it. I think he has a better backhand down the line

star_of_death80
06-02-2012, 05:31 PM
imo delpo can hit a lot harder and serve a lot faster than berdy but i think berdy has better movement. without a doubt tho delpo is mentally tougher than berdy, so i feel delpo is gonna take this match.

You would think Delpo should serve faster than Berdych but he doesnt. Delpo is missing something in his serve cause I watched him play Federer at the Aussie Open this year and he wasnt outgunning Fed on the speed radar that day, he was averaging like in the 190km/h range that day and only clocked a couple of serves at 203 khm max or something a couple of times while Fed maxed a serve at 205 kmh a bit more regularly. Berdych on the other hand clocked a 215 kmh quite frequently in his night match against Nadal.

Delpo I think moves well when retrieving and defending compared to Berdych although I think Berdych transitions his way inside the baseline and forecourt better.
Delpo hits harder perhaps although that is attributed to him taking big cuts on the ball as he his strokes seem to have a longer backswing while Berdych's strokes are much more compact and takes the ball earlier.

above bored
06-03-2012, 01:12 AM
They are pretty similar, tall, big serve, big forehand. Don't you think so?
Berdych has more power. Del Potro moves better and is a little more consistent off the ground.

Generally, Del Potro is more of a grinder than Berdych.

rommil
06-03-2012, 01:43 AM
This is a good match as always, way better than 2 Spanish claycourters trying to hit celestial bodies with their rallies:)

Sentinel
06-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Phew ! For a mo I was afraid this was the 3rd thread discussing the match !

rossi46
06-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Birdshit doesn't like players hitting the ball at him, easily offended, can't see Delpo reacting the same way. As for game, both great ball strikers but Delpo has the mental edge in spades.