PDA

View Full Version : Match interruption

Flash O'Groove
06-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Looking Wawrinka and Tsonga going into a fifth set yesterday, while the light was decreasing, it was clear that it would be interrupted at some moment.

But it doesn't seem fair to me. The player with the better stamina, the better strategy, the better momentum is disadvantaged because his opponent will have the opportunity to rest, to discuss the tactic or strategy with his coach, and to shift the momentum until the next day.

In the fifth set, Tsonga was up a break, but he seemed more tired than Wawrinka, who could have had a lot of opportunity to counter-break. Today, they will resume at 4-2 for a fresh Tsonga, who will win the match with only to good serving games (and I believe it is easier to serve well two game entering the court than after 4 hour)

What do you think? Do someone think that the interruption is fair, or favor Wawrinka? What about Del Potro vs Berdych?

OldFedIsOld
06-04-2012, 01:25 AM
In the Wawarinka match, I would guess it would be Tsonga. He has the crowd on his side and he has that one break up, that might be all he needs to take the match.

In the Berdych match, Delpo was up 2 sets to 1 and was riding on his momentum from breaking Berdych twice the last set. This match can still go either side, we will see if Berdych can step up his game to match Delpo's yesterday.

syke
06-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Why don't they just install flood lights?

MG1
06-04-2012, 01:30 AM
its all depends upon on mother nature :)

and they don't have lights there for night matches so no other option.