PDA

View Full Version : Where is Arazane Rezai

Boricua
06-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Did she go down in the rankings, did she retire? Have not heard about her in a long time. She won the Madrid tournament a couple of years back and went downhill suddenly.

TennisLovaLova
06-04-2012, 11:19 PM
that's the beauty and magic of the WTA
just like wozniaki, one day number 1 the next day down in the rankings...

Djoker
06-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Is she supposed to be any good? Never heard of Arazane Rezai.
Is that Aravane's sister?

Boricua
06-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Is she supposed to be any good? Never heard of Arazane Rezai.
Is that Aravane's sister?

Rezai won Madrid a couple of years ago, beat Venus if Im not mistaken, Heard she had a few personal problems.

rlau
06-05-2012, 12:32 PM
She's still playing, but went down in the ranking. Don't know the reasons for that.

halalula1234
06-05-2012, 08:55 PM
she used to be quite a good player until she started going down hill after the issue with her family.

Now she seems to be struggling.
I saw her at the aus open this year, she lost. and it was 30 degrees and she was wearing all black..i dont get it.

roysid
06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
All I remember is she has that persian good looks and has the habit of changing direction of cross court backhand to down the line every time with great triumph...as if that would fetch her the point :)

jelle v
06-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I had to google and youtube her, but recognized her instantly after that.

Good question.. where is she? What happened?

soyizgood
06-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Didn't her dad disapprove of her having intimate relations with her boyfriend? And then a spiraling series of events in which she was cut off from her family if I remember.

phnx90
06-05-2012, 11:03 PM
according to wiki, looks like the WTA has banned her temporarily

vive le beau jeu !
06-06-2012, 03:25 AM
according to wiki, looks like the WTA has banned her temporarily
it's her dad (arsalan) who was banned from the tour (not that he would have been able to play WTA tournaments with his moustache, but you get the idea). ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aravane_Reza%C3%AF#Father.27s_controversies

these things surely didn't help aravane rezai's career...

Boricua
06-06-2012, 06:05 AM
She has defeated many top players on the WTA circuit, such as Jelena Janković, Justine Henin, Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Dinara Safina, Francesca Schiavone, Caroline Wozniacki, Marion Bartoli, Victoria Azarenka, Flavia Pennetta, and Ai Sugiyama. Her career high rank was No. 15, achieved on 11 October 2010.

Info comes from Wikipedia. Not a bad resumé.

Boricua
06-06-2012, 06:08 AM
it's her dad (arsalan) who was banned from the tour (not that he would have been able to play WTA tournaments with his moustache, but you get the idea). ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aravane_Reza%C3%AF#Father.27s_controversies

these things surely didn't help aravane rezai's career...

After reading about her Dad, no wonder she cant perform to her best capacity.