PDA

View Full Version : Both Men's Quarters At Same Time Tomorrow

marc45
06-04-2012, 02:22 PM
wednesday as well?...horribly run tournament...as someone else suggested lights are needed as well

tennis channel live as well as streams...espn2 on tape at 1...talk about blowing up good will, somebody drop a bomb on bristol....mr. obama, a secret drone attack? addendum...espn2 live at 1 i'm sure hopint o gma on to end of quarters, vulture programming

joeri888
06-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Stop complaining and start a tourney of your own.

They want to give the women some attention. I don't like it either. But who are you to decide from your lazy chair that this tournament is horribly run, and that the tournament needs lights. The tournament has functioned this way for a century or something, so no.. it doesn't need anything.

It could do with lights, no problemo, but without them it's fine too.

marc45
06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Stop complaining and start a tourney of your own.

They want to give the women some attention. I don't like it either. But who are you to decide from your lazy chair that this tournament is horribly run, and that the tournament needs lights. The tournament has functioned this way for a century or something, so no.. it doesn't need anything.

It could do with lights, no problemo, but without them it's fine too.

fu, you wouldn't know how to run a tournament if you were handed a guide by the itf...no other major does this, and that's why this one gets the least respect...absolutely pathetic, helps to kill tennis to casual and hardcore viewers, quite a feat...and ps, how does it help the women when they're on at the same time too?...love the french, hate the french

Moose Malloy
06-04-2012, 03:07 PM
...no other major does this, and that's why this one gets the least respect

Wimbledon schedules all 4 mens QF on the same day, the 2nd Wednesday (2 matches on Center, 2 matches on Court 1, so QF matches are going on at the same time there as well)

Not having night sessions complicates matters at the 2 'natural light' majors.

TennisLovaLova
06-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Stupid scheduling
I said that last year and will repeat it each year
Complaining is a right

marc45
06-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Wimbledon schedules all 4 mens QF on the same day, the 2nd Wednesday (2 matches on Center, 2 matches on Court 1, so QF matches are going on at the same time there as well)

Not having night sessions complicates matters at the 2 'natural light' majors.you're right moose, i respect your opinion and was actually thinking about the wimby quarters as i typed madly, it doesn't make it right though, it has to be changed to bring tennis into the modern age...didn't wimby say there might be night matches under the roof at the olympics?...at any rate, let's face it, for all the excitement created by this era of men's tennis it really only gets exciting late so to give two marquee matches (let's not forget besides the two greats we have a frenchman and the only guy to win a major other than the big three in years) the same time slot is maddening...and are they going to do the same on wednesday?...wimby doesn't do that, do they?... ps.....wimbledon could solve all or most of this by playing on the first sunday...tennis in some ways is in the dark ages still

Moose Malloy
06-05-2012, 10:48 AM
looks like it was a good decision, it both mens qf were on chatrier today, one would certainly be suspended due to darkness due to the lengths of both.

last years wimbledon qf schedule:

Center
Fed-Tsonga
Murray Lopez

Court 1
Djokovic-Tomic
Nadal-Fish

it will be the same this year

marc45
06-05-2012, 11:45 AM
play on sunday! traditions...slavery, women couldn't vote, segregation at schools, voting rights taken, gay people had no or little rights...play on sunday...lights at rg, plus you might want to consider starting majors not just on sunday like rg but saturday...after today moose you still think the two quarterfinal matches at the same time was a good thing , ******** f tradition

woodrow1029
06-05-2012, 11:55 AM
fu, you wouldn't know how to run a tournament if you were handed a guide by the itf...

Now, that's maturity at its finest.

The thing is, every major does SOMETHING that people complain about. Back in 2001 or 2002 RG played all 4 womens QF's on Suzanne Lenglen on the same day, and they called it Ladies Day on Suzanne or something like that. But then the WTA complained, and the spectators who had bought Chatier tickets complained. They changed it after that.

Obviously, it's not ideal to have 2 great QF matches going on at the same time, but, what are the other options? Mens tennis is more popular right now, but the ITF and WTA are trying to get more people to watch women's tennis and if they did men followed by women on SL and women followed by men on CC, then it wouldn't help the women's ratings. They want to give the women some more exposure as well.

Maybe next year they will change their schedule to something else, and then you will be happy, but someone else might be upset with the new format.

xtennisloverx
06-05-2012, 12:51 PM
http://2011.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/schedule15.html

last year, the US open put 2 mens round of 16 matches in the day session on ashe and the 2 womens quarterfinals on armstrong. the rainout obviously cancelled it, but the tournament wasnt afraid to appeal to what the fans wanted to watch.

Djokodal Fan
06-05-2012, 01:27 PM
I felt it was dumb too. Why start @ 2:00PM local? Start like usual 11:00AM and have the other one start @ 2:00 PM regardless on the other court.

That way you get to atleast watch the first one for 3 hrs or complete one and switch to other while in the middle.

Today was f**king harassing time for me with both Joker & Fed down and very close to losing.