PDA

View Full Version : Federer fans, who would you rather win FO?

Wangtang1
06-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Nadal or Djokovic?

Most of the time I'd say Djokovic, but for obvious reasons I'll say Nadal this time.

R1CKSO
06-05-2012, 11:17 AM
again for Thursday I smell this:
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8633/federerganaadjokovicenr.gif

and for buttpicker, I pray for Murray play brilliant and genius tennis like he did against Gasquet with Ferrer and eventually him, but his back problems are worrying me.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6840/murrayback145480326.jpg

and relly reducing the choices to djokobiatch and buttpicker only, seems too crazy specially when Andy is playing brilliantly despite his back problems and on the other hand theres a swiss guy with 16 slams, 23 GS finals, who can still reconnect with his inner tennis genius.

Hood_Man
06-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I'd rather Murray than those two to be honest, but I guess I'd rather see Djokovic do it. One, to have a new champion, and two so I can see someone win 4 majors in a row.

Next year I'd be ok with Nadal taking it again, preferably if he finds himself pushed to the limit at least a few times during the tournament.

[EDIT]

That's by no means an anti Nadal stance, I just want someone else to win it for a change.

BigServer1
06-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Djoker, just for the four in a row.

Warmaster
06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Out of the players remaining:

1. Federer
2. Murray
3. Ferrer
4. Djokovic
5. Almagro
6. Nadal

The Bawss
06-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Out of the players remaining.

1) Federer
2) Ferrer
3) Almagro
4) Nadal
5) Djokovic
6) Cancel the tournament

Gangsta
06-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I think the poll results will be obvious if we count only hardcore Federer fanatics. I voted, though, since I am a Federer fan. I like Nadal for a lot more reasons, but I am convinced Federer is the greatest to have ever played the game. I am hoping that qualifies me enough to vote in this poll. Hehe. But if you count rational Federer fans like me - you know, the ones that don't need to call his nemesis names just because he reduces Federer to less than a mortal every time they meet - I think they might mostly vote for Nadal to beat Borg's record. Really, the man deserves it. He is the greatest clay-courter the game has seen.

R1CKSO
06-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I think the poll results will be obvious if we count only hardcore Federer fanatics. I voted, though, since I am a Federer fan. I like Nadal for a lot more reasons, but I am convinced Federer is the greatest to have ever played the game. I am hoping that qualifies me enough to vote in this poll. Hehe. But if you count rational Federer fans like me - you know, the ones that don't need to call his nemesis names just because he reduces Federer to less than a mortal every time they meet - I think they might mostly vote for Nadal to beat Borg's record. Really, the man deserves it. He is the greatest clay-courter the game has seen.

I don't agree with this, Borg retired when he was 26, who knows what he could have achieved... and seriously, the draw is specially designed so Nadal can win, that's really a bad move from the tournament directors he will not play with someone "hard" until semis... and he doesn't deserve squat, he is just good because he has a very specific and castrating game against Federer, look what Söderking did on 2009, and as a good loser Nadal is, he attributed this to injury, so lame as usual.

Sid_Vicious
06-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Don't care. I am fine with either winning.

Federererer
06-05-2012, 12:25 PM

1. Federer
2. Ferrer
3. Murray
4. Almagro
5. Djokovic
6. Nadal

Gangsta
06-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Dude, Borg retired. The "who knows what...." argument can maybe used for a Monica Seles, not for Borg.

namelessone
06-05-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't agree with this, Borg retired when he was 26, who knows what he could have achieved... and seriously, the draw is specially designed so Nadal can win, that's really a bad move from the tournament directors he will not play with someone "hard" until semis... and he doesn't deserve squat, he is just good because he has a very specific and castrating game against Federer, look what Söderking did on 2009, and as a good loser Nadal is, he attributed this to injury, so lame as usual.

Yeah, Nadal has a 93% winning percent on this surface and is 49-1 in RG since 2005 because tournament directors set it up for him. :oops:

Also, you make it seem that Nadal only beats Federer in RG. Look it up, over the years he beat basically everyone that came his way, and we are talking Djoko 2 times, Murray, other top 10 guys, you name it. And he beat the only guy to ever defeat him in RG in the 2010 and 2011 editions.

What more can you want?

tennis_pro
06-05-2012, 12:33 PM
1. Federer
2. Not Nadal.
3. Djokovic for the Djokovic Slam
4/5 Murray/Ferrer for his first
5. Almagro for the lulz

6-2/6-4/6-0
06-05-2012, 12:39 PM
again for Thursday I smell this:
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8633/federerganaadjokovicenr.gif

and for buttpicker, I pray for Murray play brilliant and genius tennis like he did against Gasquet with Ferrer and eventually him, but his back problems are worrying me.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6840/murrayback145480326.jpg

and relly reducing the choices to djokobiatch and buttpicker only, seems too crazy specially when Andy is playing brilliantly despite his back problems and on the other hand theres a swiss guy with 16 slams, 23 GS finals, who can still reconnect with his inner tennis genius.

Look, Andy just needs a reassuring snuggle from time to time in order to play his best. Look at the difference it's made so far this tournament. Look for Andy to go into Wimbledon with a bad back and maybe a leg problem or two and play his best tennis ever. Really, I imagine that he'll probably have 'back problems' for the rest of his career if he keeps playing this solidly...

And as for the original question, I say anyone other than Nadal. Watching him on a tennis court is like listening to nails scraping on a chalk board for hours on end...

Day Tripper
06-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Anyone but Nadal.

He plays ugly tennis, constantly flouts the rules and will unfortunately for him always have the 'Lance Armstrong asterisk' next to his achievements.

underground
06-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Is this a stupid thread? Asking Federer fans with no Federer option? For that I give you this:

http://c1206.hizliresim.com/y/5/7j3uv.gif

zcarzach
06-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Anyone but Nadal.

He plays ugly tennis, constantly flouts the rules and will unfortunately for him always have the 'Lance Armstrong asterisk' next to his achievements.

QFT.

+10topspinmonkeys

CMM
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Poll result surprisingly close. :)
Anyway, this thread is pointless. We all know Fed fans love Rafa.

Nathaniel_Near
06-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I chose Nadal, for reals. All this winning matches after saving MPs bull has to stop. Today was tragic and brought back too many crappy memories of the last 2 years of US Opens. Oh, and the Tsonga UE to give Nole 5-1 in set 5, followed by a non reaction from Nole for approx. 5 seconds before deciding to turn to the crowd and let out a feral roar was, grotesque.

NadalAgassi
06-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I chose Nadal, for reals. All this winning matches after saving MPs bull has to stop. Today was tragic and brought back too many crappy memories of the last 2 years of US Opens. Oh, and the Tsonga UE to give Nole 5-1 in set 5, followed by a non reaction from Nole for approx. 5 seconds before deciding to turn to the crowd and let out a feral roar was, grotesque.

Dont blame Djokovic for his improved mental toughness, blame the mental midgets he plays for not having the balls to close him out (something that is lacking more than ever against the big guns in both the WTA and ATP I find).

Nathaniel_Near
06-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Nah, you also need to get a bit of luck to scrape through the way he has done over the last 3 Slams: Federer at the US Open, Murray and Nadal in the AO, Tsonga at RG. Well done to him but some luck is required to achieve that as it is a two way street. It's time for him not to win a Slam out of it (the elements of luck) on this occasion. It is time.

Shangri La
06-05-2012, 02:18 PM
1. Federer
2. Not Nadal.
3. Djokovic for the Djokovic Slam
4/5 Murray/Ferrer for his first
5. Almagro for the lulz

Almagro

10 lulz

Bobby Jr
06-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Nadal - primarily so we don't have to hear people claim Djokovic is the greatest player of all time.

Ralph
06-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Djokivic.yep

1970CRBase
06-05-2012, 06:10 PM
So you Fed fans have surrendered huh?

kishnabe
06-05-2012, 07:13 PM

1. Federer
2. Djokovic
3. Ferrer
4.Almagro
5. Murray
6. Nadal

Sentinel
06-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Noel, for the sake of the 4-in-the-row.

Otherwise, you know how I love my Nadal.

Feather
06-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Rafael Nadal

If at all a Rafa Novak final comes, I would be rooting for Rafa to win more passionately than a Rafa fan. I just don't want to see Novak doing the four in a row !

Plus, this

Nah, you also need to get a bit of luck to scrape through the way he has done over the last 3 Slams: Federer at the US Open, Murray and Nadal in the AO, Tsonga at RG. Well done to him but some luck is required to achieve that as it is a two way street. It's time for him not to win a Slam out of it (the elements of luck) on this occasion. It is time.

Flash O'Groove
06-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Im a Federer Fan, and I would be in heaven if Federer could win it by beating Nadal in the final. But if Nadal doesn't reach the final (because he is abducted by aliens for exemple), and that Ferrer reach his first final, I wouldn't be sad if he win it. I like Ferrer too and I really hope that he can finally have a big win in his carreer. And i don't care that much a second RG for Fed if he don't beat Nadal.

Nathaniel_Near
06-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Im a Federer Fan, and I would be in heaven if Federer could win it by beating Nadal in the final. But if Nadal doesn't reach the final (because he is abducted by aliens for exemple), and that Ferrer reach his first final, I wouldn't be sad if he win it. I like Ferrer too and I really hope that he can finally have a big win in his carreer. And i don't care that much a second RG for Fed if he don't beat Nadal.

I also really want Ferrer to win a big title in his career. He doesn't even have a 1000 win yet and I just hope he can grab something: a 1000, a Slam, WTF.

TenTan
06-06-2012, 04:44 PM
novak djokovic

vive le beau jeu !
06-07-2012, 08:14 AM
anything but the nadal...

http://i47.tinypic.com/s5isjp.jpg

coloskier
06-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Just the plain fact that this poll does not contain "Anybody but Nadal or Djokovic" makes it an unworthy poll.