PDA

View Full Version : Federer - Del Potro in 2009

roysid
06-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Every time Federer - Del Potro plays I go back to 2009.

In 2009 French semis : Del Potro had Federer all over the ropes for first 3 set. he won the first and third. But in the second Fed could hang in there and in tiebreak he won. And in 4th he lost his steam and Fed got his rythm.

How lucky for Fed to win that match.

Cut to 2009 US Open final: Fed was just kidding with Del Potro by mixing up speed. In second was a break up, had multiple chances to go two breaks up. Then while serving for the set and in 2nd set tiebreak, Del Potro hit some amazing passing shots while being pushed to a corner. He won the 2nd set and was out of jail.

How Fed could have lost that match. If he had won that he would have won 4 majors in a row in AO' 2010.

I could see almost God's hand here. God gave Federer what he wanted most the French open, and in the process took away the US Open :)

purge
06-05-2012, 09:29 PM
and then god let his holy spirit flow into novak to clean house after feds whack 2010 or what? this is taking it a bit too far i guess -.-

roysid
06-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Or you can say it poetic justice

Talker
06-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Though I'm a DelPo fan and like his persona and game he should have lost.

Fed thought he could be a macho man and outslug DelPo but it backfired.
Fed has done this before, had a good gameplan but then change it.
He wants to win how he wants instead of what needs to be done, that's just part of who he is so he went home slamless that day.

augustobt
06-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Everytime I remember that US Open 2009 I can't stand what the **** Fed done to lost that match. Was on his hands two times.

SwankPeRFection
06-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Though I'm a DelPo fan and like his persona and game he should have lost.

Fed thought he could be a macho man and outslug DelPo but it backfired.
Fed has done this before, had a good gameplan but then change it.
He wants to win how he wants instead of what needs to be done, that's just part of who he is so he went home slamless that day.

That right there is the best description of Fed's game. He's realized that he can't do that all the time within the past year or so, especially if the player is a high-ranked one, but he doesn't like winning without style.

MG1
06-06-2012, 07:09 PM
AO 2005
AO 2009
US 2009

He deserved to win all 3 slams but he behaved stubborn & lost the m.