PDA

View Full Version : Novak's poor movement against Seppi due to change of shoes?

Djokodal Fan
06-06-2012, 06:00 AM
During the Joker-Tsonga Match the commentators showed a slow motion of Novak's footwork compared to his previous game

Here were their comments:
"Novak was using much lighter white shoes with spikes on the bottom for better grip & better movement"

Apparently we all saw how poor Novak moved against Seppi. Never got into proper position and was mostly out of balance before making a shot. Yesterday against Tsonga he went back to his slightly heavier Red shoes and looked like he had better footwork.

So could this have been due to shoe change? Also I thought Novak played way better against Tsonga compared to previous round and pushed many games to deuce or atleast 30. Also he was able to find his range of shots fairly early and was well balanced. there was no barrage of unforced errors compared to his match against Seppi match.

The question really is:
1.Can shoe change make that much impact?
2.I'm sure Novak would have tested it, but why change shoes in Mid of a tournament?

Pls comment!

pennc94
06-06-2012, 06:12 AM
I think it was the shoes Seppi was wearing. They were the same ones Seppi wore in Madrid. They still had some blue clay that came out at Roland Garros. When Djokovic and Seppi switched sides, Djokovic slipped on that sinister blue clay. :twisted:

You are looking for answers in his shoes? Give Seppi more credit than that.

Apun94
06-06-2012, 06:28 AM
I think it was the shoes Seppi was wearing. They were the same ones Seppi wore in Madrid. They still had some blue clay that came out at Roland Garros. When Djokovic and Seppi switched sides, Djokovic slipped on that sinister blue clay. :twisted:

You are looking for answers in his shoes? Give Seppi more credit than that.

Exactly, Seppi played a hell of a match, easily his best match ever...

augustobt
06-06-2012, 06:34 AM
In fact, Seppi is making the best year of his whole career.