PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Cotorro and David Ferrer

The Hype
06-06-2012, 11:43 AM
I've seen this guy in Ferrer's box many times now. Anybody know how long they've been together and what the relationship is?

norbac
06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
They're married. Been so for the past 35 years or so.

CMM
06-06-2012, 11:48 AM
He's the doctor of the Spanish Tennis Federation, who also takes care of Nalbandian, Raonic and maybe others.

The Hype
06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
He's the doctor of the Spanish Tennis Federation, who also takes care of Nalbandian, Raonic and maybe others.

I know who he is, what he does and who he's been involved with. I've just never seen him out so many times sitting in a player's box. Seems like he has quite a close relationship with Ferrer.

Tennis_Hands
06-06-2012, 01:11 PM
I know who he is, what he does and who he's been involved with. I've just never seen him out so many times sitting in a player's box. Seems like he has quite a close relationship with Ferrer.

Doctors are quite popular amongst the spanish athletes in the recent 15-20 years.

ivan_the_terrible
06-06-2012, 01:36 PM

He's Rafa doc too no? Is he no longer with Rafa?

I found this:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703571704575340960041837420.html

Quote:

"Dr. Cotorro is the Barcelona-based doctor who treats several tennis players and has long enjoyed the confidence of the Nadal family. He describes Mr. Nadal as a "very special athlete," with abnormal amounts of energy and explosiveness. "He mixes the explosive pace of a 200-meter runner with the resistance of a marathon runner," says Dr. Cotorro.
Like Dr. Cotorro, Joan Forcades is rarely seen in the players' entourage during tournaments. In fact he is a physical education teacher from the player's hometown of Manacor. Twelve years ago, Toni Nadal, Mr. Nadal's uncle and coach, asked Mr. Forcades to devise a training program to bulk up his nephew."

I love the fact the Rafa's PE teacher is the one that got him bulked up :shock:

kishnabe
06-06-2012, 03:16 PM

I found this:

Quote:

"Dr. Cotorro is the Barcelona-based doctor who treats several tennis players and has long enjoyed the confidence of the Nadal family. He describes Mr. Nadal as a "very special athlete," with abnormal amounts of energy and explosiveness. "He mixes the explosive pace of a 200-meter runner with the resistance of a marathon runner," says Dr. Cotorro.
Like Dr. Cotorro, Joan Forcades is rarely seen in the players' entourage during tournaments. In fact he is a physical education teacher from the player's hometown of Manacor. Twelve years ago, Toni Nadal, Mr. Nadal's uncle and coach, asked Mr. Forcades to devise a training program to bulk up his nephew."

It not surprising. Phs ED teachers need a Kinesiology degree, and 1 year of teaching. They obviously understand the body better than self learned personal trainers whom go by experience more so knowledge and what's right, with their study and application of Body. Labs, research on sports medicine, biomechanics.

If it isn't some Phy Ed teacher who actually a math teacher who says let just play Dodgeball.

Tennis_Hands
06-06-2012, 06:23 PM
It not surprising. Phs ED teachers need a Kinesiology degree, and 1 year of teaching. They obviously understand the body better than self learned personal trainers whom go by experience more so knowledge and what's right, with their study and application of Body. Labs, research on sports medicine, biomechanics.

Doctors understand the body even better. Ask Dr. Fuentes.

sureshs
06-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Doctors are quite popular amongst the spanish athletes in the recent 15-20 years.

Say it man. Just say it! We know what you are thinking. Say it.

sureshs
06-06-2012, 07:03 PM

I found this:

Quote:

LOL did he have to use the word abnormal?

swordtennis
06-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Humanoids and fanatics are allergic to the reality of Professional sports.
The way they talk its bordering on infantalism.
Picture moms basement. Posters of their idol all over.
Professional sports are JAMMED packed with PED's of all types and strengths.
Eat a** *******s.
What gall to even think or mention Djokovic or any other Pro and PED's.....

Gonzalito17
06-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Yannick Noah said it, but now he's gone silent on the matter.

Topspin_80
06-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Why Noah is not talking anymore ???

dominikk1985
06-14-2012, 03:22 PM

now they can even win in soccer:)