PDA

View Full Version : French crowd trolling Azarenka (video)

jdubbs
06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h1WbbDnePQw#!

This is brutal...but really funny

Say Chi Sin Lo
06-06-2012, 11:45 AM
It's warranted.

Wolfman Jack
06-06-2012, 11:48 AM
The only reason I'm not utterly p!ssed is because it's just kids. But this is not funny nor it should be allowed. Regardless of how ear piercing Azarenka's shrieks are.

Boricua
06-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Its a practice session, no harm done.

Wolfman Jack
06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Its a practice session, no harm done.
Practice sessions are to practice in peace without people bothering you. I would secretly electrify that fence and connect it to an electronic switch.

jdubbs
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Maybe they could shame her into quieting the grunting. It's silly. Even Serena has cut it out.
A guy at my club grunts really loud, and literally the entire club can hear it, since its indoors and sounds echo. It's embarrassing.
Ban grunting! Or just make fun of them every time they do it.

Nathaniel_Near
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
I love this, lol.

TheCheese
06-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I wish they'd put a ban on the excessive grunting.

jm1980
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
I hate her grunting, but it's still not as bad as Sharapova's.

CaldwellYSR
06-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Good for them. It's not like she doesn't know she's screaming like a stuck pig. I also don't believe it's involuntary. Watch the charity matches where they get girls mic'd up and they aren't that loud. I mean I understand grunting a little bit on a hard shot but she (and others) go too far.

Lefty5
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
is there anything worse than an arrogant french kid making fun of a pro athlete?

The whole grunting thing is so over-hated and over talked about... go play tennis.

Maui19
06-06-2012, 12:17 PM
You live by the squeal, you die by the squeal...

Nathaniel_Near
06-06-2012, 12:18 PM
is there anything worse than an arrogant french kid making fun of a pro athlete?

The whole grunting thing is so over-hated and over talked about... go play tennis.

Funny one.

MasturB
06-06-2012, 12:21 PM
I can understand the grunting somewhat when they're mashing topspin shots.

When she starts grunting just as loud on a defensive slice, then it gets extremely ridiculous.

CRWV
06-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Deserved. There is no reason for her to be making that sound.

Torres
06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
French crowd trolling Azarenka (video) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=6603893#post6603893)

Bit of a misleading title because its not really a 'French crowd' at all - just a few lairy 14yr old school kids on a day trip.

Azarenka's woooing is weird though. As is Sharaprova's mad shrieking.

forthegame
06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
That was funny!

MasturB
06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Masha doesn't grunt when practicing.

Azarenka does.

Interesting.

jdubbs
06-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Bit of a misleading title because its not really a 'French crowd' at all - just a few lairy 14yr old school kids on a day trip.

Just because they're young doesn't make them any less French

hansolo
06-06-2012, 12:35 PM
very funny!

Torres
06-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Just because they're young doesn't make them any less French

But its not "the French crowd" supposedly "trolling" her.

You make it sound like there's a mob after her.

It's just a few lairy kids.

decades
06-06-2012, 12:43 PM
this is why nobody watches WTA tennis.

Shangri La
06-06-2012, 12:48 PM
This is brutal.

Masha doesn't grunt when practicing.

Azarenka does.

Interesting.

I noticed that, too. That leads me to believe Azarenka's grunt is involuntary, while Shrapova just grunts for the sake of grunting.

krz
06-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Practice sessions are to practice in peace without people bothering you.

Right.

Kids grunting while she is practicing = bothering her and should not be allowed.

Azarenka howling while playing a match bothering her opponent = perfectly acceptable.

I see.

SwankPeRFection
06-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I would have given them one of these... ;)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m55of1X8921qij2euo1_400.gif

Wolfman Jack
06-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Right.

Kids grunting while she is practicing = bothering her and should not be allowed.

Azarenka howling while playing a match bothering her opponent = perfectly acceptable.

I see.
You got a point there. But unless it's regulated, it's worthless. The grunting by players, while annoying, might serve a purpose other than to cause the opponent to lose focus. If it also causes that, then it should be regulated.

Wolfman Jack
06-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I would have given them one of these... ;)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m55of1X8921qij2euo1_400.gif
Herbert von Federer is one very temperamental maestro when he is directing the crowd to STFU.

corners
06-06-2012, 01:42 PM
It's always nice to expand vocabulary - a better word than trolling in this case is "hectoring".

gramdacious
06-06-2012, 01:48 PM
You live by the squeal, you die by the squeal...

couldn't agree more

Gorecki
06-06-2012, 02:04 PM
The only reason I'm not utterly p!ssed is because "sauce" not sold to under 21 in my country!

maybe get some fake ID???

PrinceMoron
06-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Strange, the sign behind the court shows a crocodile, but on the other side of the fence it is just some kind of whooping crane.

Maui19
06-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Strange, the sign behind the court shows a crocodile, but on the other side of the fence it is just some kind of whooping crane.

The crocodile is stalking the crane.

Wolfman Jack
06-06-2012, 05:32 PM
maybe get some fake ID???
OK, I'll just make a copy of your ID and edit out your picture so that it doesn't cause orbital cancer to anybody looking at it. :)

guitarplayer
06-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Practice sessions are to practice in peace without people bothering you. I would secretly electrify that fence and connect it to an electronic switch.

Me too...the French are ...holes.

Kurte954
06-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Thank you for sharing - that is hilarious!!! Az is a great player, but the "PEEEWWWW ...... ..... PEEEEEWWWWWW" noises are still ridiculous.

DanaKz
06-06-2012, 10:23 PM
I never watch Azarenka's matches because of her grunting, even when she plays with my favs. Even when I know that Serena is roasting her. Her grunting is nauseating.

Gizo
06-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Any player who shrieks like a banshee deserves to be mocked and ridiculed. This was just in practice session, but I'm pretty sure members of crowds in her matches at RG, Wimbledon and the Australian Open have all mocked her at some point.

The crowd in the Miami final in 2009 didn't mimic her but really found her annoying.

Gorecki
06-07-2012, 02:13 AM
OK, I'll just make a copy of your ID and edit out your picture so that it doesn't cause orbital cancer to anybody looking at it. :)

meh.. lame comeback!!!

this is how you do it:

Gorecki: maybe get some fake id....

The Lone Wolf : can you introduce-me to your forgerer?

ps: ...Man... do i have to get everything done around here????

Wolfman Jack
06-07-2012, 04:29 AM
meh.. lame comeback!!!

this is how you do it:

Gorecki: maybe get some fake id....

The Lone Wolf : can you introduce-me to your forgerer?

ps: ...Man... do i have to get everything done around here????
I'm trying to be extra lame these days to make you feel more at home.

For example, when you made mention of an inflatable Rafa doll, i could have instructed you about the existence of a "dedicated blowhole in the back" meaning that you don't know how to use it properly. Yes, that would have been funny, but at what expense? :)

Who is The Lone Wolf? You keep implying I'm that person. Any links?

Gorecki
06-08-2012, 05:39 AM
I'm trying to be extra lame these days to make you feel more at home.

For example, when you made mention of an inflatable Rafa doll, i could have instructed you about the existence of a "dedicated blowhole in the back" meaning that you don't know how to use it properly. Yes, that would have been funny, but at what expense? :)

Who is The Lone Wolf? You keep implying I'm that person. Any links?

you see. to know that it takes some serious knowledge.

as for The Lone Wolf you mention me mentioning, i have no idea... may be i typoed it... so sorry

Evan77
06-08-2012, 05:46 AM
it's hilarious. I hate Sreamarenka. I simply refuse to watch that screaming ***** fest. I'd be so embarrassed to be world #1 and behave like a screaming idiot ... get a freaking life

Wolfman Jack
06-08-2012, 08:59 AM
you see. to know that it takes some serious knowledge.

as for The Lone Wolf you mention me mentioning, i have no idea... may be i typoed it... so sorry
Which in your case you seem to only attain occasionally via extensive trial and error. :)

TheCanadian
06-08-2012, 09:06 AM
I don't feel sorry for her at all. Her shrieks and Sharapova's are unacceptable and only serve to break the concentration of their opponents. The fact that the WTA hasn't warned them is outrageous.

Gorecki
06-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Which in your case you seem to only attain occasionally via extensive trial and error. :)

dude.. you have the lamest comebacks... pretty poor for someone smart like you.

if you work harder... maybe you will achieve your max potential

firepanda
06-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Pretty sad... but perfectly justified.

Wolfman Jack
06-08-2012, 05:12 PM
dude.. you have the lamest comebacks... pretty poor for someone smart like you.

if you work harder... maybe you will achieve your max potential
It is actually an excellent comeback. You can't appreciate it, the same way that a blind person cannot appreciate the subtlety in the works of Rembrandt. Don't blame the artist, my dear friend. :)

Paul Murphy
06-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Maybe they could shame her into quieting the grunting. It's silly. Even Serena has cut it out.
A guy at my club grunts really loud, and literally the entire club can hear it, since its indoors and sounds echo. It's embarrassing.
Ban grunting! Or just make fun of them every time they do it.

Azarenka has no shame about her shrieking.

Gorecki
06-09-2012, 03:20 AM
It is actually an excellent comeback. You can't appreciate it, the same way that a blind person cannot appreciate the subtlety in the works of Rembrandt. Don't blame the artist, my dear friend. :)

sure. if i say it was ultra cool, will you invite me for one of your iflatable nadal doll parties? i will be the date to the "Nadal in FO pink"...

Wolfman Jack
06-09-2012, 09:27 AM
sure. if i say it was ultra cool, will you invite me for one of your iflatable nadal doll parties? i will be the date to the "Nadal in FO pink"...
Now, that was funny.

I can invite you, but will you attend after tomorrow's result? The tea room chairs are kind of hard, and they are not agreeable with the serious butthurt you will be in after Nadal wins a record 7 French Open titles.

Gorecki
06-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Now, that was funny.

I can invite you, but will you attend after tomorrow's result? The tea room chairs are kind of hard, and they are not agreeable with the serious butthurt you will be in after Nadal wins a record 7 French Open titles.

too bad you wont be able to see that given your head being deeply inserted in his backyard!!!

TimothyO
06-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I wish they'd put a ban on the excessive grunting.

Yup, what are athletes thinking?!? Who the heck grunts while exerting himself or herself?

Those NFL players drive me crazy too.

Sports should be played in slience.