PDA

View Full Version : Why so much Murray hype for SW19 and USO?

Tammo
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
So many posters on here have said that Murray would probably win either Wimbledon or USO. I'm not saying that it won't happen, but he has a bad back injury. Is it all because of the AO semi with Novak?

Thoughts?

Clarky21
06-06-2012, 02:56 PM
If he can get through Rolaids,why not? Muurya is good enough to win a slam,it's just that he has to go through such a dominant number one right now to do it.

BigServer1
06-06-2012, 02:57 PM
If he can get through Rolaids,why not? Muurya is good enough to win a slam,it's just that he has to go through such a dominant number one right now to do it.

Yes, Murray being 0/3 in slam finals and 0/9 in sets won definitely makes me feel like he's the guy to beat.

Clarky21
06-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Yes, Murray being 0/3 in slam finals and 0/9 in sets won definitely makes me feel like he's the guy to beat.

I didn't say he was the guy to beat. I said he's got a shot if he can get through Rolaids. What's wrong with that?

kishnabe
06-06-2012, 03:06 PM
He has a chance only in Aussie, WB and US for a slam.

2012-14.....are his best years possibly left barring injury. He has to capitalize. Djokovic isn't like playing like last year. Federer has declined and hasn't won a slam for a long while. Murray has inched closer to Nadal level of play.

Murray would be the favored against Nadal at the US Open. At Wimbledon though Nadal is far too good against Murray.

Murray has got better though like last years 4 setters against Nadal.

2011 Wimbledon was Murray best chance.....he had the first set, and second set had a breakpoint, mentally faded after failing miserably on the forehand.

Depends if Murray can keep it together on the big points.

USO and SW19 surface is ideal for Murray counterpunching.

Bud
06-06-2012, 03:08 PM
I can't see Murray ever winning a slam title unless the top 3 are all knocked out of the draw. The top 3 have 31 slams between them and it will be 32 on Sunday.

norbac
06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
You weren't here pre-Aussie Open 2009.......

From what I recall Wimbledon 09 was pretty bad too, seeing as Rafa didn't play...