PDA

View Full Version : Differences between glide bar/ fixed clamps

christian
05-03-2004, 06:59 PM
What are the differences between the glide bar clamps like one the laserfibre eco's and fixed clamps?

sherpa78
05-03-2004, 09:20 PM
I think with glide bars, most are fixed in that they can not rotate or can only do so up to 90 degrees. To rotate them, you have to actually move the clamps out of the glide bars and then place them back on the bars turned 90 degrees. This is the older style.

On the other hand, the LaserFibre fixed clamps can rotate 360 degrees without having to take the clamps out of the glide bars.

Of course, take my word with a grain of salt: I'm repeating what I've read and seen. :o)

Sherpa78

Steve Huff
05-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Fixed clamps means that they are attached to the machine, as opposed to floating clamps which clamp to the preceding string. Glide bars are a form of a fixed clamp machine, but they are not synonomous.

Gaines Hillix
05-04-2004, 04:04 PM
There are basically two kinds of fixed clamps; glide bar and swivel. Swivel clamps can rotate 360o. Most glidebar clamps can just move up and down the bar they are mounted on and back and forth 90o from the bar. The laserfibre clamps are different, but I haven't seen them in action.