PDA

View Full Version : Gamma 5003.. Starter.

PHSTennis
05-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Should I get this.. or something better... Im not sure.. Im playing to string my racquets about 1-2 weeks each and my HS Team's thanks :)

Audiodude
05-04-2004, 04:58 AM
I've owned one for over a year. I can't think of a single thing I'd improve on it. Great mounting system. Great tensioning system. Truly excellent clamps. Great build quality. What else is there?

PHSTennis
05-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Do I need that starter kit those tension callibers or whatever... what should I get just the stringer? thanks. how much did you get it and where at?

Audiodude
05-04-2004, 07:54 AM
I bought mine from ATS for $799.00. You'll receive a nice selection of free string. I used up most of the string on customer racquets, and was able to offset the cost of the machine by quite a bit. I'd always recommend having something to check tension accuracy.

PHSTennis
05-04-2004, 04:20 PM
what are they called.. what comes with it on ats.. i was there it doesnt say..

Audiodude
05-04-2004, 10:02 PM
What are what called? It comes with a full set of tools. Pretty much everything you need except a calibrator. Lots of string, t

Match-Point
05-05-2004, 09:26 AM
I would seriously consider the Alpha Blu-DC stringer in the same price range. IMO, Alpha offers exceptional customer service.

Give Mark Gonzales a call at 800.922.9024 ext.104 or email him at mark@alphatennis.com and he will be happy to discuss Alpha stringers with you.

I have a Blue-DC and have been extremely pleased with the quality and customer support.

M-P

Audiodude
05-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Customer service for my 5003 has been beyond reproach. Then again, my machine continues to work flawlessly, so it really hasn't been an issue.

Match-Point
05-06-2004, 05:08 AM
Both the Alpha Blue-DC Plus and the Gamma 5003 stringers are great machines and you will likley have few problems from either machine. I just had better pre-purchase customer support from Alpha vs. Gamma/ATS.

PHSTennis
05-06-2004, 08:10 PM
You guys are all right Mark Gonzales is a really cool guy! He gave me an awesome price on the stringer... I really like the way he does business... Its a PLUS for Alpha, but I'll have to think about it for a few more days but most likely I'm getting the Alpha, Thanks a lot guys!

Match-Point
05-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Its a no brainer, go with the Alpha. IMO of course.

Anonymous
05-07-2004, 05:03 PM
PHSTennis, how much did he offer the alpha for?
I was thinking of a Gamma 5003, but..

"I would seriously consider the Alpha Blu-DC stringer in the same price range"--- i thought the alpha was $1500

Match-Point
05-07-2004, 06:51 PM
The Alpha BLU-DC was recently dropped to $899. It's well worth it, IMO.

PHSTennis
05-07-2004, 10:37 PM
The Gamma 5003 I just dont want anymore I think the Alpha is better, he giving me under $899 just give Mark Gonzales a call or email look at Match-Point's post up there... Salman I suggest you get this too... Marks really a cool guy I think you ll get a great deal from him too :) Im giving him a call on Monday to place the order, thanks

Match-Point
05-08-2004, 05:34 AM
I was at the same place almost one year ago and decided on the Alpha Blu-DC stringer and I was not disappointed. You will get some nice tools and an assortment of strings. BTW, Alpha Gut 2000 is a real nice mid-range synthetic. Also, I now carry Alpha's overgrips . . . All Pro, Excel I and II . . . and my customers love them and they are value priced. Go for it!

PHSTennis
05-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Yeah that was the main question... The strings he was going to give and overgrip... How much do you charge to string for each string etc... please email yuur rates... I dont even know how much Alpha string cost :P Thank You... I think I made a Good choice :)

Audiodude
05-09-2004, 05:43 PM
The Blue DC is directly competitive with the Gamma 5003 and should've been priced around $800.00 from the start. Pre-purchase customer service is basically a euphemism for better salesmanship. I've been involved with high end sales for the better part of 25 years, so I really do appreciate when I have an opportunity to work with a good knowledgeble salesperson. I've owned a Silent Partner Jazz. The fit, finish and build quality on the Gamma, Alpha, and Laserfibre machines is far superior. I've worked with sprung and unsprung clamp bases. There was nothing I noticed that led me to believe that one was faster or easier. Then again, I probably won't buy one of those new Black and Decker electric jar openers, either.

Match-Point
05-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Call it "customer service" or "salesmanship", bottom line is one delivered and the other didn't. M-P