Hey TW,

How can I contact a moderator?

Thanks

heycal
06-25-2012, 05:03 PM
subscribed!

diredesire
06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Contact us, at the bottom right of any TW page, or if you want to talk to me specifically, e-mail me via my profile (my screen name @ gmail)

GodNovak
07-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Contact us, at the bottom right of any TW page, or if you want to talk to me specifically, e-mail me via my profile (my screen name @ gmail)

Is cc0509 a mod? Why can he just delete my posts without noticing me of the reasons? I see nothing wrong with my posts, especially not compared with his. It's a total injustice, because when he does not know how to respond, he can just delete my stuff. It takes effort to reply to a troll like him. I can't stand the bullying here going around.

We are not Fed fans, but that does not make us 2nd-class citizens. You guys really should tell us what to do to avoid such situation. Please do something.

diredesire
07-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Is cc0509 a mod? Why can he just delete my posts without noticing me of the reasons? I see nothing wrong with my posts, especially not compared with his. It's a total injustice, because when he does not know how to respond, he can just delete my stuff. It takes effort to reply to a troll like him. I can't stand the bullying here going around.

We are not Fed fans, but that does not make us 2nd-class citizens. You guys really should tell us what to do to avoid such situation. Please do something.

It's obvious from your sig that you haven't read the rules.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

If you see nothing wrong with your posts, you might want to review the policies section if you want a long, and prosperous posting "career" here at TW. If you have problems with what (s)he posts, feel free to report them (listed in the FAQ in the same sub-forum). It looks like you're a new poster, but ignorance of the policies isn't an excuse :)

While it's said that we TW mods/admins are strongly fed biased (which I find pretty silly), that isn't the case. It seems that fans like to polarize anything possible when it comes to their favorite players.

Edit: Like I said above, feel 100% free to e-mail me if you have a problem or question/concern with any of the above.

Sentinel
07-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Thank you mods for banning the previous poster. Great job as he was derailing every thread he entered.

It seems one of the early patterns (red flags?) for posters who enjoy very short "careers" at TW is that they start creating dozens of threads as they join. Since their main agenda is to incite others (and to lower the standard of this forum) this (frequent thread creation) is something they cannot avoid.

The second "give-away" which we readers catch on fast is: new posters who have excellent knowledge of this forum, and of each poster, going back several years.

Another is that as they join they get into fights with everyone, and are clearly hitting back, which can only happen if they've been here a long time and have an axe to grind.

Thanks again, mods.

diredesire
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Thank you mods for banning the previous poster. Great job as he was derailing every thread he entered.

It seems one of the early patterns (red flags?) for posters who enjoy very short "careers" at TW is that they start creating dozens of threads as they join. Since their main agenda is to incite others (and to lower the standard of this forum) this (frequent thread creation) is something they cannot avoid.

The second "give-away" which we readers catch on fast is: new posters who have excellent knowledge of this forum, and of each poster, going back several years.

Another is that as they join they get into fights with everyone, and are clearly hitting back, which can only happen if they've been here a long time and have an axe to grind.

Thanks again, mods.

The problem is that we've got the "burden of proof" issue, and users creatively circumventing bans take a while to "prove out." Thanks for the kind word, though :)

tennisaddict
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I posted a poll 'Is Nadal the best No 2' in the General Players Section. Has this been removed ? If you find this objectionable, please let me know. I understand it may hurt the Nadal fan , but I think Nadal and Novak are both worthy contenders for that slot.

diredesire
07-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I posted a poll 'Is Nadal the best No 2' in the General Players Section. Has this been removed ? If you find this objectionable, please let me know. I understand it may hurt the Nadal fan , but I think Nadal and Novak are both worthy contenders for that slot.

Yes, it has. It isn't always/just the OP that is objectionable, if the thread devolves into a troll/argument-filled trainwreck, sometimes it's better just to remove the thread instead of cleaning it up (have you ever seen a thread that is over 80% arguing? Yeah, those are the ones).

tennisaddict
07-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Yes, it has. It isn't always/just the OP that is objectionable, if the thread devolves into a troll/argument-filled trainwreck, sometimes it's better just to remove the thread instead of cleaning it up (have you ever seen a thread that is over 80% arguing? Yeah, those are the ones).

Thank you, but the thread had just about 5 responses and it was removed within couple of minutes of starting. There was only 1 trolll post in response. Just wondering.

Dedans Penthouse
07-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Dire de Sire ;-), if I may weigh in on this (from a non-fanboy, non-partisan): while a lot of threads/posts may appear on the surface to be "ernest" in tone, there's also a lot of smug and not-so-latent condescension in play as well, especially at the conclusion of a GS tourney (in this case, Wimbledon).

Whenever some fanboy's favorite fanboy pro (pick one: Fed, Rafa, Djoko) wins, you can be sure that the "in your face~!" fanboy crowd will come out of the woodwork and post more than their fair share of these "rub your nose in it" type threads which suddenly litter the Match Resuts/Pro Player sections .... some more blatant in tone than others. It's all about the 'dig' ..... Feds flaming Rafas, Rafas flamming Feds, Feds flamming Sampras .... Sampras? ... didn't he retire years ago? .... :rolleyes: etc., etc., etc.

just my 2 cents.

diredesire
07-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Dire de Sire ;-), if I may weigh in on this (from a non-fanboy, non-partisan): while a lot of threads/posts may appear on the surface to be "ernest" in tone, there's also a lot of smug and not-so-latent condescension in play as well, especially at the conclusion of a GS tourney (in this case, Wimbledon).

Whenever some fanboy's favorite fanboy pro (pick one: Fed, Rafa, Djoko) wins, you can be sure that the "in your face~!" fanboy crowd will come out of the woodwork and post more than their fair share of these "rub your nose in it" type threads which suddenly litter the Match Resuts/Pro Player sections .... some more blatant in tone than others. It's all about the 'dig' ..... Feds flaming Rafas, Rafas flamming Feds, Feds flamming Sampras .... Sampras? ... didn't he retire years ago? .... :rolleyes: etc., etc., etc.

just my 2 cents.

You know I've deleted a post or two of yours over the years, DP, I can read between the lines ;)

julian
07-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi,
I have sent you an e-mail
on the subject of
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=384050&page=341
post #6806
Thank you

Start da Game
07-23-2012, 07:26 AM
It's obvious from your sig that you haven't read the rules.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

If you see nothing wrong with your posts, you might want to review the policies section if you want a long, and prosperous posting "career" here at TW. If you have problems with what (s)he posts, feel free to report them (listed in the FAQ in the same sub-forum). It looks like you're a new poster, but ignorance of the policies isn't an excuse :)

While it's said that we TW mods/admins are strongly fed biased (which I find pretty silly), that isn't the case. It seems that fans like to polarize anything possible when it comes to their favorite players.

Edit: Like I said above, feel 100% free to e-mail me if you have a problem or question/concern with any of the above.

hi moderator, i have one problem with this forum.......it is the dull outlook of this forum........when is it going to be changed and some additional skins and themes added to the options in the user cp, if at all?

diredesire
07-23-2012, 10:03 AM
hi moderator, i have one problem with this forum.......it is the dull outlook of this forum........when is it going to be changed and some additional skins and themes added to the options in the user cp, if at all?

I'm trying to get in touch with the VBB admin for other issues, I'll roll this request up to him once he gets back to me.

Start da Game
07-23-2012, 11:17 AM
okay thanks...

heycal
08-13-2012, 10:09 AM
when is it going to be changed and some additional skins and themes added to the options in the user cp, if at all?

Hopefully never. It's just fine the way it is. I'm not a fan of websites that keep changing their look and/or features all the time. Tres annoying.

MethodTennis
08-14-2012, 03:37 AM
dire do you not think its about time that the 2004 thread about paintjobs which is stickied in the pro rackets and gear section was unstickied it doesnt even get a post a month now and seems redundant as its 8 years old

Start da Game
08-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Hopefully never. It's just fine the way it is. I'm not a fan of websites that keep changing their look and/or features all the time. Tres annoying.

i understand that view but this current look needs to go.......i think half the posters are driven away to other forums mainly because of this dull 90s message boards look.......

diredesire
08-14-2012, 07:22 AM
dire do you not think its about time that the 2004 thread about paintjobs which is stickied in the pro rackets and gear section was unstickied it doesnt even get a post a month now and seems redundant as its 8 years old
Unstuck, link was dead anyways :)

Thanks for this, it's stuff like this I miss since it's just been around so long. I have been thinking of refreshing all the stickies, TBH.

i understand that view but this current look needs to go.......i think half the posters are driven away to other forums mainly because of this dull 90s message boards look.......
I wouldn't really worry about it, if anything, we'd just give different themes as options, but wouldn't force any on there. While the default VBB theme might be "boring" to some, it's clean, and the colors work with TW's logo/theme. I'm still waiting for an e-mail from the board's technical admin... not sure what he's up to..

6-1 6-3 6-0
08-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Unstuck, link was dead anyways :)

Thanks for this, it's stuff like this I miss since it's just been around so long. I have been thinking of refreshing all the stickies, TBH.

I wouldn't really worry about it, if anything, we'd just give different themes as options, but wouldn't force any on there. While the default VBB theme might be "boring" to some, it's clean, and the colors work with TW's logo/theme. I'm still waiting for an e-mail from the board's technical admin... not sure what he's up to..

Hi, I sent you an e-mail, and you haven't responded yet.

Sentinel
08-15-2012, 10:07 PM

A lot of us actually like this simple, clean, uncluttered look. Two years back I visited a rival site, and was instantly turned away. Huge avatars, gifs for avatars, huge sigs, images in sigs etc. More noise, less content.

I also like the fact that the site takes up the entire width of the screen. Most sites today leave huge margins on the side for reasons I've never figured out. Results in too much scrolling.

mikeler
08-16-2012, 04:43 AM
A lot of us actually like this simple, clean, uncluttered look. Two years back I visited a rival site, and was instantly turned away. Huge avatars, gifs for avatars, huge sigs, images in sigs etc. More noise, less content.

I also like the fact that the site takes up the entire width of the screen. Most sites today leave huge margins on the side for reasons I've never figured out. Results in too much scrolling.

I'm also a fan of the clean, simple look. Too many websites these days overload us with links/options/graphics and of course the dreaded flash animations.

diredesire
08-16-2012, 07:47 AM

I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think we're going to (re)enable animated gifs or anything like that. I participate on forums with huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge sig images, and it just ruins the discussion continuity. If nothing else, it'll be options available if the user wants to change the color scheme, but we'll see if this is even realistic.

JoelDali
08-18-2012, 11:19 AM
it just ruins the discussion continuity.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02310/Kim-Sears_2310984c.jpg

tennisfu
08-20-2012, 12:28 PM
I am trying to post a message on the for sale section asking the seller about purchasing his items. My post keeps disappearing though. Could it be getting deleted or is something else going on?

diredesire
08-20-2012, 12:42 PM
I am trying to post a message on the for sale section asking the seller about purchasing his items. My post keeps disappearing though. Could it be getting deleted or is something else going on?

I'd recommend reading the stickies in that sub forum, but the gist of it is: All posts in the FS/T are filtered, and need to be manually approved to deter spam.

tennisfu
08-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I am confused though because when I type a message in the thread and hit "post quick reply" it does show up. If I refresh the page though, it disappears immediately.

diredesire
08-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I am confused though because when I type a message in the thread and hit "post quick reply" it does show up. If I refresh the page though, it disappears immediately.

No prob, it's probably just a software bug. Quick reply must just edit the thread in place, but it automatically gets picked up and the permissions are changed on the post. It's expected :)

Start da Game
08-27-2012, 01:38 AM
this look is outdated.......it's lacking in energy......at least get a darker theme.......

Fay
09-16-2012, 07:39 PM

good points

Fay
09-16-2012, 07:53 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=439575

This is the sort of post that is off-putting
I'm a tennis player who came here looking for a post
about Murray and the US Open and this is the first
one I happened across.
Why are peeps allowed to argue back and forth for what seems *forever* here? It becomes tiresome!
I know the moderators can't read everything, but it seems like a lot of arguing here.

airdupont
09-20-2012, 08:54 AM
I posted yesterday in the For Sale Europe and it's still not up....when will it be up?

diredesire
09-20-2012, 08:56 AM
I posted yesterday in the For Sale Europe and it's still not up....when will it be up?
You should probably read the stickies.

airdupont
09-20-2012, 10:30 AM
You should probably read the stickies.

Stickies what do you mean?

MasturB
10-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Too bad you aren't on AIM anymore. :(

diredesire
10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

The Stickies are the threads near the top of the page that have "Sticky" labeled next to them. Anyone posting in FS/T should familiarize themselves with these.

As far as AIM: I don't think google chat supports it anymore, or I'm having connection issues @ work. You can find me @ gchat under the same username @gmail.com

zapvor
10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
who should i contact about my FS ad? thanks

TW Staff
10-03-2012, 02:50 PM
who should i contact about my FS ad? thanks

You should contact admin via email. Click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Tiffani, TW

zapvor
10-03-2012, 04:17 PM
You should contact admin via email. Click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Tiffani, TW

thanks so much!

TennisNinja
03-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Was I really banned from posting in the Juniors section?

TW Staff
03-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Was I really banned from posting in the Juniors section?

TennisNinja,

The Junior forum has been eliminated for everyone for the time being. Many issues, privacy among them, have led to this.

Thank you,
Brittany, TW

Chemist
03-07-2013, 12:42 PM
TennisNinja,

The Junior forum has been eliminated for everyone for the time being. Many issues, privacy among them, have led to this.

Thank you,
Brittany, TW

Hi Brittany,

I joined the Talk Tennis last December and TW has become my and my son's only store for all of our tennis related purchases. I really enjoy reading threads, most of which are interesting and informative, even though a few may be a bit too controversial. I really hope that you find a way of banning those who broke the rules and reopen this forum to the tennis community soon. Prolonged outage would pose a risk of reversing a royal customer like myself back to a bargain hunter.

Thanks!

MethodTennis
03-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Dire, any chance of us getting a system which tell us when we're being quoted, various other VB forums I've used had this functionality?

diredesire
03-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Dire, any chance of us getting a system which tell us when we're being quoted, various other VB forums I've used had this functionality?
Doubtful unless it's already actively supported in this version of vBull. I think the TTW boards don't go upgrade-crazy. We're easily a few versions behind the latest.

Closest you can probably do is enable e-mail subscriptions to threads you post in, and/or get a daily digest. I auto-subscribe to threads I post in, so any replies (quote or not) will pop up when I click "User CP."

tball2day
03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi Brittany,

I joined the Talk Tennis last December and TW has become my and my son's only store for all of our tennis related purchases. I really enjoy reading threads, most of which are interesting and informative, even though a few may be a bit too controversial. I really hope that you find a way of banning those who broke the rules and reopen this forum to the tennis community soon. Prolonged outage would pose a risk of reversing a royal customer like myself back to a bargain hunter.

Thanks!

Hi Brittany,
Funny, I feel the opposite, I will reward TW more because they closed it. Besides argumentative, so much information on junior development was very wrong and misleading, while some info was even dangerous for them including nutrition/energy drinks and workout advice from non professionals. Bravo for putting an end to it.

Chemist
03-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Hi Brittany,
Funny, I feel the opposite, I will reward TW more because they closed it. Besides argumentative, so much information on junior development was very wrong and misleading, while some info was even dangerous for them including nutrition/energy drinks and workout advice from non professionals. Bravo for putting an end to it.

I agree that some comments like the energy drink and MMA training were a little ridiculous for kids. Don't you think a reasonable parent just laugh at these "tips". I would say that majority of the posters are reasonable, responsible, and respectful to each other. Talk Tennis is a nice forum for parents like myself to learn from others and to share our own experience.

diredesire
03-09-2013, 09:56 AM
I agree that some comments like the energy drink and MMA training were a little ridiculous for kids. Don't you think a reasonable parent just laugh at these "tips". I would say that majority of the posters are reasonable, responsible, and respectful to each other. Talk Tennis is a nice forum for parents like myself to learn from others and to share our own experience.

One of the issues is that I think most parents don't necessarily recognize what or what isn't 'reasonable' as well as you do ;) I think TW Staff has recognized that there is a gap in topical coverage in our subforum structure. Let's give them a chance to regroup and figure out where we're going with the Junior's section after BNP Paribas is over. I'm pretty sure most of the web-editing crew (aka TW Staff) is out of office until sometime next week. Most of the 'big' administrative decisions are pretty deliberate, and they need a little while to delibeRATE. TW Staff is definitely seeing/reading/hearing everyone's feedback on the Junior subforum, please give them a little patience.

MethodTennis
03-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Doubtful unless it's already actively supported in this version of vBull. I think the TTW boards don't go upgrade-crazy. We're easily a few versions behind the latest.

Closest you can probably do is enable e-mail subscriptions to threads you post in, and/or get a daily digest. I auto-subscribe to threads I post in, so any replies (quote or not) will pop up when I click "User CP."

Yeah I understand. I'd rather not sub to threads, as often I dont want to continue to discuss the topic, however I am happy to do someone the courtesy of a reply should they question my post.

It's a feature that would encourage more back and forth but I'm not sure this board is desperatly in need of more of that however it would be a nice feature to add should it be supported by of VB version.

diredesire
03-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah I understand. I'd rather not sub to threads, as often I dont want to continue to discuss the topic, however I am happy to do someone the courtesy of a reply should they question my post.

It's a feature that would encourage more back and forth but I'm not sure this board is desperatly in need of more of that however it would be a nice feature to add should it be supported by of VB version.

I'll look into it if I ever get a response from the technical admin ;) I wouldn't be very surprised if it was already supported and something that hasn't been explored yet, but at the same time, I've only seen this feature used on non vB boards (like slickdeals.net).

TennisNinja
03-10-2013, 08:26 PM
TennisNinja,

Thank you,
Brittany, TW

Ah that makes, sense, thanks!