PDA

View Full Version : A chance for Roddick maybe?

TenTan
06-28-2012, 05:48 PM
The bottom half of the draw is now open. Murray, Tsonga, Del Potro even...

But maybe its Roddicks time for a Goran moment?

Seany
06-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Sorry but as soon as Roddick runs into a decent player it's over. He even made hard work of his easy 1st and 2nd round draws.

Praetorian
06-28-2012, 05:53 PM
As a Roddick fan, I would love to see nothing more than one last grand hurrah from the man. However, he has to improve a LOT more, and then other things have to fall into place for the dude to make a serious run. Never know though, if Rosol can take out Nadal, anything can happen.

MichaelNadal
06-28-2012, 05:54 PM
I wish he could make a deep run but it's just not going to happen. He plays like Wozniacki.

papertank
06-28-2012, 06:52 PM
It will be very, very hard for him to even get into the second week, but without Rafa in there I think it's not impossible. Everyone else in that draw is beatable for him. If there was any of chance of him having a Goran run it would be now.

kishnabe
06-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Murray will finsh him off. It not 2009 where Roddick played out of his mind.

TeflonTom
06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
A-Rod will beat joker left-handed, win the trophy, kiss pippa and take a dump in the royal box while quoting mel gibson from the patriot

not necessarily in that order

Cormorant
06-28-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't know how many big matches Roddick has in him for this tournament, but his form (or lack of it) in R128/R64 is unimportant given he came through both in straights. He had to save himself for Ferrer and beyond, so now he can go at the Spaniard with a full tank. Even though Ferrer was off colour in their USO match, there's still a lot to be taken from that one and his victory then seemed a bit more unlikely than his chances do here. We could have a monster of a five-setter on our hands, and Roddick's serve might help him avert it becoming a physical battle beyond his comfort zone.

Mustard
06-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Murray will finsh him off. It not 2009 where Roddick played out of his mind.

I didn't think Roddick would beat Murray then either, but he did.