PDA

View Full Version : Lukas Rosol made history!

Harry_Wild
06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Greatest fifth set I have every seen - because of the power and perfection of Lukas's play! Serves and groundstrokes were remarkably done!

TopFH
06-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I agree completely. One of the finest displays of attacking tennis I've ever seen.

Sentinel
06-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Where are the "Rosol will will Wimbledon" threads ?

tennis_pro
06-28-2012, 10:17 PM
That was special.

I never started to believe he could pull it off until it was 3-1 in the 5th set or something and watching him hold to love every single time. I don't think he lost a single point on serve since.

namelessone
06-28-2012, 10:29 PM
That was special.

I never started to believe he could pull it off until it was 3-1 in the 5th set or something and watching him hold to love every single time. I don't think he lost a single point on serve since.

In the fifth, Rosol lost 3 points on serve.

His service games were to 30,15,0,0,0.

Larrysümmers
06-28-2012, 10:32 PM
In the fifth, Rosol lost 3 points on serve.

His service games were to 30,15,0,0,0.

Woah Dog! thats impressive in any era!

primetennis
06-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Greatest fifth set I have every seen - because of the power and perfection of Lukas's play! Serves and groundstrokes were remarkably done!

Offensive tennis(or should i say real tennis and pure tennis) at its best!!:)
atp should chnage the tour a bit..a slightly longer grass court season with 1 masters tournament atleast would be amazing cutting short the boring clay season a bit..

Torres
06-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Incredible match last night and incredible hitting by Rosol. Was an absolute joy to watch.

nereis
06-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Now this is exactly the sort of game I can pay good money to see. Shades of Sampras and Marat Safin.

Frying Pan Forehand
06-28-2012, 11:16 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22692788.jpg

JohnnyCracker
06-28-2012, 11:20 PM
20 winners
7 aces
2 UEs

i don't think he can ever repeat that 5th set again, especially the 2 UEs (hitting as hard as he did)

henryshli
06-28-2012, 11:40 PM
The fifth set was special, but he played very aggressive throughout the match as well.

I wonder where he can go from here, top 50? The guy was like Berdych on steroids.

primetennis
06-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Now this is exactly the sort of game I can pay good money to see. Shades of Sampras and Marat Safin.

true..can be compared closely to marat safin the way he plays..seems to be really dangerous when he's firing all cylinders..

PrinceMoron
06-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Lukas Rosol made Nadal history. Well, for a day or two at least.

Nadal gets mown down on the grass at Wimbledon. Seems if you come out swinging you can do serious damage on the grass, even nowadays. Tonga and the Bird did it, so that is three years in a row now.

I said last year someone needs to stand up to Nadal, give him no time, jig around when he serves, hit big. Rosol did all that and more.

The changeover bump just showed Rosol was getting under his skin,may to go!

Numenor
06-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Where are the "Rosol will will Wimbledon" threads ?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=429907

For your convenience, Senti.

*Val*
06-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Do you think Rosol actually might become a really good player now, maybe top 50-40 or higher?

sbengte
06-29-2012, 03:57 AM
I know Rosol played great throughout the fifth set, but that final game was his moment of truth and I am still amazed by what he did in that game. Ace, FH winner, ace, ace. This is not something you expect out of a nobody serving for the match against Nadal at a slam. Zero signs of nerves ! Wonder what this guy is made of !

skip1969
06-29-2012, 04:37 AM
i'm with you, sbengte. i was waiting for some kind of letdown. it never game. he was blasting away til the very end. considering the circumstances, it was, as he said, miraculous.

Thud and blunder
06-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Amazing! Speaking as a Nadal fan, what we've seen is fantastic. For a guy to come out of nowhere and play like that, with no fear, and some of the cleanest hitting I've ever seen on grass, is just incredible. It's moments like this that we watch sport for.

syke
06-29-2012, 05:48 AM
When will tennis ever be like this again? I am sick of all the grinding.

Sentinel
06-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Now all we need is for someone to desharapovize the tournament. :)

spiderman123
06-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Now all we need is for someone to desharapovize the tournament. :)

And while we are at it, dese(re)natize it as well.

TJfederer16
06-29-2012, 07:13 AM
it was so refreshing to see, as i was saying a while back in one of the why is nadal boring to watch threads, it is so much funner to watch attacking fearless tennis like Rosol played than defensive athletic grinding tennis with long rallies like Nadal plays, thankyou Rosol for spicing up this tournament.

DavaiMarat
06-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Do you think Rosol actually might become a really good player now, maybe top 50-40 or higher?

Everyone has a break through moment in their career. You can only hope this is the one for Rosol.

It would be nice to see another MArat Safin 'style' player on the tour. (mind you he might not be the same with the ladies as Safin off the court)

BobFL
06-29-2012, 07:38 AM
He played better 5th set against Nadal than Federer in any match against same opponent. Guts and glory. 100% pure and organic tennis :)

Sentinel
06-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Nadal will train harder, eat more bananas and come back stronger and better than ever.

jakemcclain32
06-29-2012, 08:29 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22692788.jpg

And that's about as far as I probably go too...BUT I STILL BEAT YOU!

zapvor
06-29-2012, 08:43 AM
doesnt he have kohschbler next? should be a W

Mainad
06-29-2012, 08:49 AM
It does make you wonder though.

Where the heck has Rosol been all this time? Why hasn't he played like that more often? I mean, the guy hasn't ever won a singles title or even been in a singles final and has been languishing at #100 in the ranking!

Given how he played against Nadal yesterday, he deserves all this praise but he also deserves a good spanking for obviously dossing about and under-performing when we now know that he had all this talent at his disposal but rarely bothered to put it to use.

It's beginning to look like he's the biggest under-achiever of all time. He even puts Ernie Gulbis to shame!!! :shock:

Larrysümmers
06-29-2012, 09:02 AM
well with such a low ranking the only time he really gets any big tour level events in is at Majors. hopefully this will give the ranking a boost and we'll see him around more events.

Mainad
06-29-2012, 09:11 AM
well with such a low ranking the only time he really gets any big tour level events in is at Majors. hopefully this will give the ranking a boost and we'll see him around more events.

Sure, but why he is so low-ranked in the first place? With all that obvious talent, how come he hasn't been progressing through the smaller tournaments, winning a few and building up his ranking that way just like the top guys did when they first started out?

namelessone
06-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Sure, but why he is so low-ranked in the first place? With all that obvious talent, how come he hasn't been progressing through the smaller tournaments, winning a few and building up his ranking that way just like the top guys did when they first started out?

If he always plays low percentage tennis like he did yesterday, it's no wonder that he didn't go up in the rankings because while everything might fall into place sometimes, most times you will spray many balls out or wide with this kind of game, it's always on the edge.

Even the most dedicated ballbashers of today like Soderling,Berdych,DelPo have rally balls before they unleash their monster shots. Rosol just hit the crap out of everything that came his way early on(rallies were very short), served like a madman and for large stretches of this match, they all went in. Very good strategy for upsets if you can keep it up, not sure how good it is for building yourself up, you still need some consistency week in week out on the tour and that's tough to do by constantly doing low percentage plays.

But the jury is still out on him. His ranking will probably go up quite a lot after WB and we will see him and his serve in bigger tournaments to see how well he fares. One to watch out for sure.

tata
06-29-2012, 05:11 PM
It was a perfect example that displays that the match is on the racquet of the attacker. Kind of explains why Woz and Muzz haven't won slams yet. If you want to beat the top guys you need to go big or go home.

Defcon
06-29-2012, 05:30 PM
It was nice to see the offensive player win, rather than just waiting for errors.

He was a man without fear, I wonder if he signed a pact with the devil :)