PDA

View Full Version : Nadal does his thing again. ATP should do something about it

peRFection
06-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Rosol who is ranked outside the top 100 believed that the incident during the second set, when the two bumped into each during a change-over, was an attempt by the Spaniard to unsettle him. “He wanted to take my concentration,” he said. “I knew that he would try something. “He talked to me a little bit. I thought that he wanted to let me go first, but then he started to walk fast. I stopped because I didn’t want him to hit me. He hit me, I was surprised that he could do it on the Centre Court of Wimbledon. But it was his choice.”

If it was Soderling the story would have been different. :)

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLG7rDxCYDg

primetennis
06-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Rosol who is ranked outside the top 100 believed that the incident during the second set, when the two bumped into each during a change-over, was an attempt by the Spaniard to unsettle him. “He wanted to take my concentration,” he said. “I knew that he would try something. “He talked to me a little bit. I thought that he wanted to let me go first, but then he started to walk fast. I stopped because I didn’t want him to hit me. He hit me, I was surprised that he could do it on the Centre Court of Wimbledon. But it was his choice.”

If it was Soderling the story would have been different. :)

I will post the video in few minutes.
the bump was totally intentional and these kind of acts are not acceptable at all..he comes up with these cheap tricks whenever he is losing..fortunately rosol came out strong and didnt get perturbed by nadal and his tricks..he may be a great player but he is such a shame to the sport on the grounds of integrity and character..no matter how humble he acts after the match..a player's true self comes out only when he is on court and he is in trouble..the guy just a cheater and has no sportsmanship..

Murrayfan31
06-28-2012, 10:16 PM
The bully Nadal gets away with another thing. They should suspend him for that.

Sentinel
06-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Have to give Nadal the benefit of doubt regarding the bump. He could have been too distressed -- however his complaining about being distracted by breathing or swaying is quite pathetic considering how much he delays on his serve, and his grunting.

Most people justify his delays given the 30-40 shot rallies we have been seeing. However, yesterday the rallies were very short. Rafa held many serve games to love, with a bunch of aces or unreturnables. Where was the need to take 26 seconds with such points ?

peRFection
06-28-2012, 10:25 PM
The video as I promised:

PrinceMoron
06-28-2012, 10:50 PM
I would like to see a video of him bumping Soderling.

peRFection
06-28-2012, 11:00 PM
I would like to see a video of him bumping Soderling.

I wish............

paulorenzo
06-28-2012, 11:00 PM
i only caught the first set and the last set of this match. i missed the controversy, but this wasn't rafa's finest hour, surely. that bump looked intentional.

vllaznia
06-28-2012, 11:19 PM
i only caught the first set and the last set of this match. i missed the controversy, but this wasn't rafa's finest hour, surely. that bump looked intentional.

Yes it was intentional because Nadal always lets the opponent pass first.

atac
06-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Whats with the talk about Soderling or any other player beating up Nadal like you guys are fantasizing about? I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to basically ruin their career for something like that, without a doubt they deserve to be banned for going that far.

paulorenzo
06-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Whats with the talk about Soderling or any other player beating up Nadal like you guys are fantasizing about? I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to basically ruin their career for something like that, without a doubt they deserve to be banned for going that far.

dani koellerer

henryshli
06-28-2012, 11:26 PM
There is not so much in the bump itself, but I think Nadal was trying to make a point by stepping in front of Rosol.

Frying Pan Forehand
06-28-2012, 11:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jbvpR.jpg

tank_job
06-28-2012, 11:32 PM
oh, wot, because he gave the guy the slightest fraction of a shoulder bump you guys are flagging it up?

this is not news-worthy in the slightest.

I've always said that tennis players should be allowed to beat each other to a pulp on the court and physically abuse the officials if they feel things are not going their way without being fined.

Tennis needs to shake off it's 'gentleman's image', and fast.

Frying Pan Forehand
06-28-2012, 11:37 PM
oh, wot, because he gave the guy the slightest fraction of a shoulder bump you guys are flagging it up?

this is not news-worthy in the slightest.

I've always said that tennis players should be allowed to beat each other to a pulp on the court and physically abuse the officials if they feel things are not going their way without being fined.

Tennis needs to shake off it's 'gentleman's image', and fast.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22692738.jpg

10is
06-28-2012, 11:38 PM
There is not so much in the bump itself, but I think Nadal was trying to make a point by stepping in front of Rosol.

Exactly! It wasn't so much the actual physicality of the bump as much as it was a deliberate act of symbolic intimidation.

TennisLovaLova
06-29-2012, 01:18 AM
I cant believe everyone is trending about this minor incident
Rosol just gave Nadal some of his own medecine

tank_job
06-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Lol, if Nadal is gonna do this sort of thing, might as well do it properly and knock the guy out

Kam2010
06-29-2012, 03:16 AM

I agree he always does

But on a serious note.
Rasol played really well but he was just hitting everyshot as hard as he could, had nothing to loose. If he didn't have a good serve Nadal would of won the match because he was just unleashing his shots.
He won't get passed 3rd round

Sentinel
06-29-2012, 03:29 AM
I think Rosol dared to body serve Nadal once. Also he was hitting his shots outside Nadal's reasonable reach. So Nadal had to strike back in some way.

Can't take such behaviour lying down, can one ? These upstarts need to be put in their place.

goderer
06-29-2012, 03:41 AM
he should be kicked off the tour and forced to play WTA

Lucy Brown
06-29-2012, 04:54 AM
Really not a big deal at all. Very minor incident. Nadal was angry and wasnt going to move for anybody. He didnt go out of his way like Tiger Woods did when he bumped the photographer. That was obvious that he stepped towards the guy to bump him. Here Nadal just didnt give an inch. If you hate Nadal I guess it's something for you haters to hang on to. I personally wish there was a little more emotion on the court.

dman72
06-29-2012, 04:56 AM
It's pretty obvious to me that Nadal is a gamey player. The injury time outs, the time between serves, complaining about breathing when he grunts as loud as anyone, and now this bump. Someone of his caliber shouldn't be resorting to this kind of nonsense. All players get testy when they are losing (Federer is no exception), but to resort to cheap tactics is another thing.

The Dark Knight
06-29-2012, 04:56 AM
There was no bump !!

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r494/MaldwynDyer/nadalnudge.gif[/QUOTE]

spiderman123
06-29-2012, 06:07 AM

He will from now on for sure. He didn't and he lost the match. Surely, there was a connection. Or maybe someone moved the water bottles.

Magnus
06-29-2012, 06:48 AM
To be honest, while I hate Nadal with passion, I'd like to think of myself as a reasonable man. This didn't look intentional to me and didn't look like he bumped into him hard. True, he shouldn't have complained about Rosol's "dancing", but that doesn't mean he wanted to hit the guy.

Lucy Brown
06-29-2012, 07:19 AM
To be honest, while I hate Nadal with passion, I'd like to think of myself as a reasonable man. This didn't look intentional to me and didn't look like he bumped into him hard. True, he shouldn't have complained about Rosol's "dancing", but that doesn't mean he wanted to hit the guy.

Nadal knew he was there and that they were going to meet. Nadal would not yield. Thats all he did. He didnt bump him he just didnt yield. Nadal didnt stiffen his shoulder when they met so it's not all that bad. It's like when you and another driver want to occupy the same spot on the road. I'm not going to yield you either hit me or stop. Thats what Nadal did. Now is that any better or worse. It certainly sent a message. Is that bad? Again, I'd like to see some more emotion on the court, even some bad blood between players.

The Dark Knight
06-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Nadal knew he was there and that they were going to meet. Nadal would not yield. Thats all he did. He didnt bump him he just didnt yield. Nadal didnt stiffen his shoulder when they met so it's not all that bad. It's like when you and another driver want to occupy the same spot on the road. I'm not going to yield you either hit me or stop. Thats what Nadal did. Now is that any better or worse. It certainly sent a message. Is that bad? Again, I'd like to see some more emotion on the court, even some bad blood between players.

This was pure poetry!!!

I agree.....it was nothing ....but even if it was I'd like to see more emotion as well.....

Not crying after losing ....but some real fire.....like Connors & McEnroe!

Bartelby
06-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Nadal forearmed away.

TheTruth
06-29-2012, 09:39 AM
OMG. It's unbelievable how silly and ridiculous some people can be. Talk about trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. What kind of people are you in real life? I shudder to think about rubbing shoulders with some of these posters. Scary!

Ripster
06-29-2012, 09:51 AM
OMG. It's unbelievable how silly and ridiculous some people can be. Talk about trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. What kind of people are you in real life? I shudder to think about rubbing shoulders with some of these posters. Scary!

This was a purposeful act of intimidation by Nadal. He always lets his opponents cross the net first. Why would he storm past the net first and run into Rosol? He was desperately trying to rattle Rosol because his tennis wasn't getting it done on the day. That's a lack of sportsmanship.

TheTruth
06-29-2012, 09:57 AM
This was a purposeful act of intimidation by Nadal. He always lets his opponents cross the net first. Why would he storm past the net first and run into Rosol? He was desperately trying to rattle Rosol because his tennis wasn't getting it done on the day. That's a lack of sportsmanship.

Sorry, but some people will use anything to say something negative about Nadal. "Storm past," "run into Rosol" those are gross overstatements. Can't say I agree with you on any level.

Just haters doing their thing, imo.

Ripster
06-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Sorry, but some people will use anything to say something negative about Nadal. "Storm past," "run into Rosol" those are gross overstatements. Can't say I agree with you on any level.

Just haters doing their thing, imo.

Believe me I don't hate Nadal at all. I'm a fan of him actually. I'm just calling it as I saw it. Nadal crossing the net very fast and Rosol had to stop otherwise Nadal would have full on body checked him, instead it was just a shoulder nudge.

What is your take on it then?

Emet74
06-29-2012, 10:08 AM

Would you shudder to meet Rosol?

I also didn't see anything much from watching the vid, but Rosol is the one who said he thought it was gamesmanship so I'll give some deference to him since he was there and is an ATP pro and I'm not.

TheTruth
06-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Believe me I don't hate Nadal at all. I'm a fan of him actually. I'm just calling it as I saw it. Nadal crossing the net very fast and Rosol had to stop otherwise Nadal would have full on body checked him, instead it was just a shoulder nudge.

What is your take on it then?

Personally, I think in the heat of the battle you're not thinking about such things. Nadal was getting bested and I'm sure he was distracted. The point at which they met had a lot to do with it, but running into, it wasn't, nor did it look like intentional to my eyes. Without the running commentary on TT had I simply seen the video I wouldn't have given it a thought.

TheTruth
06-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Would you shudder to meet Rosol?

I also didn't see anything much from watching the vid, but Rosol is the one who said he thought it was gamesmanship so I'll give some deference to him since he was there and is an ATP pro and I'm not.

Why would I shudder to meet Rosol?

Him being an ATP pro means nothing. That's like saying whatever he does or says has more merit because he's a pro and I'm not. Faulty thinking in my opinion. Rosol's opinion is no more valuable than mine's to me.

Nadalfan89
06-29-2012, 10:21 AM
You people are so dramatic. One player slightly nudged another player in a competitive sport.

I invite you to go watch any of the big 4 sports.

Herdsman76
06-29-2012, 10:22 AM
If I were Rosol, I would have done the soccer/futbol falling down and writhe in pain after taking the slightest of hits/bumps... Now that would have been cool!!!

I saw the "bump," I can see the intent by Rafa to assert his "status" as a player and partial intimidation, but really it is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

H76

Emet74
06-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Him being an ATP pro means nothing. That's like saying whatever he does or says has more merit because he's a pro and I'm not. Faulty thinking in my opinion. Rosol's opinion is no more valuable than mine's to me.

Well Rosol's opinion on a situation he experienced himself during the course of his job means more to me than my own from watching it on t.v. Call me crazy.

Ripster
06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
You people are so dramatic. One player slightly nudged another player in a competitive sport.

I invite you to go watch any of the big 4 sports.

You can't compare this to a contact sport. Look do you want to compare golf and MMA too? That's ridiculous.

And it's not even really about the actual contact. It's more about Nadal doing something to intentionally try and throw off Rosol because he was losing. In tennis that's called gamesmanship.

reversef
06-29-2012, 11:55 AM
For some people, there must be some rule written in the book that the player named Rafael Nadal always has to let his opponent go to his chair first. If he doesnt, he's a cheater. If Rafael Nadal wants to rush to his chair and both players bump into each other, Rafael Nadal is a cheater. :?

TheTruth
06-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Well Rosol's opinion on a situation he experienced himself during the course of his job means more to me than my own from watching it on t.v. Call me crazy.

I value my opinion concerning a video that I can see for myself more. In a pinch I'll always take my opinion over the words or actions of another person outside of myself. If that's the case then I would have to believe everything that a commentator, expert, or former player said just because they played on a professional level. Call me crazy, but that makes absolutely no sense at all for me to believe that I cannot look at a situation, apply logic, and fail to come to a reasonable conclusion.

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 12:03 PM
For some people, there must be some rule written in the book that the player named Rafael Nadal always has to let his opponent go to his chair first. If he doesnt, he's a cheater. If Rafael Nadal wants to rush to his chair and both players bump into each other, Rafael Nadal is a cheater. :?

no. actually he is great !!!!

and so was pol pot... :?

Nadalfan89
06-29-2012, 12:27 PM

Shouldn't you be at a soup kitchen while begging Germany for a bail out?

PCXL-Fan
06-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Hey I'm a Federer fan through and through, I relish the fact that Nadal has been knocked out but this seems to be Rosol trying to create drama... it was nothing.

backatcha
06-29-2012, 12:44 PM
I value my opinion concerning a video that I can see for myself more. In a pinch I'll always take my opinion over the words or actions of another person outside of myself. If that's the case then I would have to believe everything that a commentator, expert, or former player said just because they played on a professional level. Call me crazy, but that makes absolutely no sense at all for me to believe that I cannot look at a situation, apply logic, and fail to come to a reasonable conclusion.

So, you saw nothing in the video that indicated "off court" gamesmanship? Really? Wow, I actually like Nadal but it was obvious that he was deviating from his normal (OCD) patterns of behavior to cause that interaction with Rosol. Haven't you ever seen Nadal deviate from his normal patterns, to purposefully delay the game, create distractions, or feign injury in order to alter the course of a game?

Please put the Kool-aid down, and acknowledge that this event (or type of behavior) is nothing new for Nadal or for many other players as well... it's a technique (and a desperate one at that) to redirect the course of a game.

TheTruth
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
So, you saw nothing in the video that indicated "off court" gamesmanship? Really? Wow, I actually like Nadal but it was obvious that he was deviating from his normal (OCD) patterns of behavior to cause that interaction with Rosol. Haven't you ever seen Nadal deviate from his normal patterns, to purposefully delay the game, create distractions, or feign injury in order to alter the course of a game?

Please put the Kool-aid down, and acknowledge that this event (or type of behavior) is nothing new for Nadal or for many other players as well... it's a technique (and a desperate one at that) to redirect the course of a game.

Nope. All I see are haters trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. As usual.

This cheater stuff is so stupid to me. Towel off. Cheater! Cross or don't cross. Cheater! Take a few extra seconds. Cheater! Bathroom break. Cheater! MTO. Cheater.

These are simple things that occur during the course of a match on both sides of the net.

I'm not drinking Kool-Aid. I'm just not fabricating silly things and creating situations that don't exist. Even many of the the most ardent Fed fans can acknowledge that the situation is being blown out of proportion...

Then, there are those who see evil in everything that Nadal does. Utter stupidity.

Magnetite
06-29-2012, 07:27 PM
It was nothing. Nadal was irritated and passed first, possibly brushing Rosol. That's about it.

Barely anything happened.

I wanted Nadal to lose early, but this is just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Lsmkenpo
06-29-2012, 07:30 PM

LMFAO :oops:

Crisstti
06-29-2012, 07:38 PM

Lol, yeah. They think that Rafa is somehow obligued to let the other player go first. Come back to reality people: he is not.

Do you notice how they try to use against him the fact that Rafa is nice enough to always let the another player go first?.

What a bunch of bitter people really. They can't even be happy haters when Rafa loses. They still have to find some ridiculous thing to whine about.

Lsmkenpo
06-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Lol, yeah. They think that Rafa is somehow obligued to let the other player go first. Come back to reality people: he is not.

Do you notice how they try to use against him the fact that Rafa is nice enough to always let the another player go first?.

What a bunch of bitter people really. They can't even be happy haters when Rafa loses. They still have to find some ridiculous thing to whine about.

My Dear friend,

obligued? :confused:

Cross-court
06-29-2012, 08:01 PM
"Wen jus wen i was gona hit da ball? Das da ting no? Yu onderstan? I sink yu don onderstan.

I don noe men, i don noe, bat wen yu sink is fer lemme noe.

Is not fer, is not fer."

peRFection
06-29-2012, 08:19 PM
"Wen jus wen i was gona hit da ball? Das da ting no? Yu onderstan? I sink yu don onderstan.

Is not fer, is not fer."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

anantak2k
06-29-2012, 08:48 PM

Is not fer, is not fer."

OMG Too much! On this note, I am going to bed LOL :)

Crisstti
06-29-2012, 09:10 PM
My Dear friend,

Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend you with my imperfect English?, you know we can continue this conversation in Spanish any time you want.

But I get it or course, you just want to avoid having to actually answer...

BullDogTennis
06-29-2012, 09:15 PM
I agree he always does

But on a serious note.
Rasol played really well but he was just hitting everyshot as hard as he could, had nothing to loose. If he didn't have a good serve Nadal would of won the match because he was just unleashing his shots.
He won't get passed 3rd round

???:confused:

if if if

if nadal didn't have legs i bet he wouldn't get passed the first round

if federer didn't have arms i bet he wouldn't get passed the quarters

if djoko didn't have heart...oh wait.

Bartelby
06-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Franco or even Salazar might be more apt.

tusharlovesrafa
06-29-2012, 09:32 PM
My Dear friend,

Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend you with my imperfect English?, you know we can continue this conversation in Spanish any time you want.

But I get it or course, you just want to avoid having to actually answer...
LSMENKO:PAWNED...LOL
HOLA COMO ESTAS??

ViscaB
06-29-2012, 11:36 PM

You are really a pathetic person to bring up a dictator that has killed one fifth of his only population. You really have no education.

Russeljones
06-29-2012, 11:42 PM
It's sad but I guess it happens to every man or woman, we all lose it some day.

Fugazi
06-29-2012, 11:52 PM
The video as I promised:

Rosol's movement before Nadal's serve was indeed an attempt at gamesmanship, but probably within the limits of what's acceptable. I guess that explains Rafa's frustration and the bump. That being said, Rosol's win was nothing short of orgasmic.

Gorecki
06-30-2012, 03:40 AM
Shouldn't you be at a soup kitchen while begging Germany for a bail out?

so nice of you.

Wolfman Jack
06-30-2012, 04:04 AM

At least he wins titles for his country, not like some losers that I can think of. LMFAO.

Gorecki
06-30-2012, 04:08 AM
At least he wins titles for his country, not like some losers that I can think of. LMFAO.

oh poor poor thing!!!

Wolfman Jack
06-30-2012, 04:15 AM
oh poor poor thing!!!
There you go. Now you have finally calmed down and are not throwing insults around. Attaboy. Maybe we can still be friends?

http://gifsoup.com/view6/3881593/texas-chainsaw-massacre-cry-o.gif

Gorecki
06-30-2012, 04:16 AM
There you go. Now you have finally calmed down and are not throwing insults around. Attaboy. Maybe we can still be friends?

http://gifsoup.com/view6/3881593/texas-chainsaw-massacre-cry-o.gif

yes. and to prove my good intentions you can sit here:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2012/6/28/1340918880287/Lukas-Rosol-Wimbledon-008.jpg

Wolfman Jack
06-30-2012, 04:21 AM
yes. and to prove my good intentions you can sit here:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2012/6/28/1340918880287/Lukas-Rosol-Wimbledon-008.jpg
LOL. Only you would find such homoerotic suggestions palatable for this forum.

Well done, goo-yucky! :)

BTW, how is the Portuguese Armada doing in Wimbledon? LMFAO.

ViscaB
06-30-2012, 06:51 AM
oh poor poor thing!!!

You need therapy for your inferiority complex.

Gorecki
06-30-2012, 06:55 AM
You need therapy for your inferiority complex.

thanks Dr. Phil please send me the bill to the usual adress!!

The_Order
06-30-2012, 10:13 AM
I would love to see him do that to Fed, I suspect he'd carry on like a soccer player. If only Fed could get in a winning position against him at a major...

Wolfman Jack
06-30-2012, 10:46 AM
thanks Dr. Phil please send me the bill to the usual adress!!
101 Looser Way,
Stinkyville,
Portugal