PDA

View Full Version : Nadal is so classy.

Wangtang1
06-28-2012, 09:54 PM
All from here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18630970

"You're allowed 20 seconds between points. Rosol is dead on it, Nadal isn't. Nadal is slowing it down."- David Mercer, BBC commentator (I remember watching the stat on tv, Rosol had an average of 19 seconds, Nadal had 26 seconds.)

GET INVOLVED
Gluurt Wilders on Twitter: "I thought that coaching was not allowed. I saw Toni Nadal yelling during the tie-break. Or does Nadal enjoy special privileges?"

John Lloyd , BBC Sport
"A little bump there between Nadal and Rosol at the changeover. We'll give the benefit of the doubt and say it was an accident."

Nadal 7-6 4-6 1-3 Rosol*
Nadal chuntering away to the umpire - something's not fair, apparently - and he's still chuntering away a full 30 seconds after Rosol is behind the baseline and ready to serve.

David Mercer , BBC Sport
"I can only assume that Nadal is complaining to the umpire that Rosol is doing something before he serves. He's dancing around. I don't see anything particularly wrong with that. I've seldom seen Nadal as agitated on a court as he is now."

GodNovak
06-28-2012, 10:01 PM
More proof that Djokovic is the one to challenge Fed as the new GOAT, not Nadal.

Towser83
06-28-2012, 10:11 PM
interesting that Nadal is now getting criticism from commentators, and journos

Sentinel
06-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Nadal must have been injured or something. Hard to stay classy when injured, you should all know that and cut him some slack.

primetennis
06-28-2012, 10:22 PM
More proof that Djokovic is the one to challenge Fed as the new GOAT, not Nadal.

FED is the GOAT..end of it..get over it..there's no new..no old..nadals and djokers come and go..but there is only one roger federer,the best this sport has ever seen..

namelessone
06-28-2012, 10:27 PM

No longer flavor of the month it seems.

TheFifthSet
06-28-2012, 10:32 PM

I'm not a Nadal hater, truly, but you can't really say the criticism wasn't justified, Nadal acted petulant on a number of occasions today.

NamRanger
06-28-2012, 10:46 PM

The legendary Nadal defender back at it again.

paulorenzo
06-28-2012, 10:53 PM
http://youarestruggling.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/stay-classy1.jpg?w=450

Frying Pan Forehand
06-28-2012, 11:04 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22692594.jpg

namelessone
06-28-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm not a Nadal hater, truly, but you can't really say the criticism wasn't justified, Nadal acted petulant on a number of occasions today.

I wasn't refering to whether Nadal was acting petulant or not(he was more ****y than usual though), but to the hypocrisy of these journos. If Nadal had won this match and had gone on to the 3rd round, everybody would be talking about "fighting spirit", and bumps at the net or complaints to the ump about the opponent moving on serve would have been footnotes in match reports.

When he lost(or was in a position to lose), some journos started piling it on. It's the same process for every top player that has a downward spiral or loses a match that they should have(in theory) won.

As for bumpgate, Nadal apologized:

"I was surprised that he can do it on the Centre Court Wimbledon," Rosol said. "It's like something wrong. But I didn't expect it also. Was his choice. He did it. ... I just stop. I thought that he wants to let me go first, but then he start to walk fast. I stop because I don't want to hit me. He hit me, and then three times he apologize. And I say, Okay, okay, okay. It was okay.

Frying Pan Forehand
06-28-2012, 11:55 PM
I wasn't refering to whether Nadal was acting petulant or not(he was more ****y than usual though), but to the hypocrisy of these journos. If Nadal had won this match and had gone on to the 3rd round, everybody would be talking about "fighting spirit", and bumps at the net or complaints to the ump about the opponent moving on serve would have been footnotes in match reports.

When he lost(or was in a position to lose), some journos started piling it on. It's the same process for every top player that has a downward spiral or loses a match that they should have(in theory) won.

http://i.imgur.com/jbvpR.jpg

JohnnyCracker
06-29-2012, 12:11 AM

"I was surprised that he can do it on the Centre Court Wimbledon," Rosol said. "It's like something wrong. But I didn't expect it also. Was his choice. He did it. ... I just stop. I thought that he wants to let me go first, but then he start to walk fast. I stop because I don't want to hit me. He hit me, and then three times he apologize. And I say, Okay, okay, okay. It was okay.

that's a nice conspiracy theory and all BUT ... :)
those comments were made as it happened
they didn't wait for the outcome of the match before they commented on those two incidents

the complaint was at 2-1 in the 3rd set
the bump was at 3-2 in the 3rd set

so a big NO to the theory that Nadal was "in position to lose"

what moron would say/think Nadal was "in position to lose" to Rosol ranked #100 at that point when it was 1 set all, 2-1 or 3-2 in the 3rd?

it looks like you're gonna be busy around here in the next couple of days with all these threads popping up :lol:

namelessone
06-29-2012, 12:15 AM
that's a nice conspiracy theory and all BUT ... :)
those comments were made as it happened
they didn't wait for the outcome of the match before they commented on those two incidents

the complaint was at 2-1 in the 3rd set
the bump was at 3-2 in the 3rd set

so a big NO to the theory that Nadal was "in position to lose"

what moron would say Nadal was "in position to lose" to Rosol ranked #100 at that point when it was 1 set all, 2-1 or 3-2 in the 3rd?

it looks like you're gonna be busy around here in the next couple of days with all these threads popping up :lol:

Look at the aftermatch reports from different tennis websites, bumpgate is in everyone of them(sometimes a full paragraph or more) but I doubt it would have been more than a footnote if Nadal had won. Journos kissing Nadal's *** when he wins(and ignoring some of his antics), crapping on him when he loses.

JohnnyCracker
06-29-2012, 12:19 AM
i don't need to look at aftermatch report
i watched it live and heard everything the commentators said....LIVE :)

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 12:57 AM
So Nadal beiong is usual self in defeat? how this guy has any fans left is beyond comprhension, but then again....

namelessone
06-29-2012, 01:01 AM
So Nadal beiong is usual self in defeat? how this guy has any fans left is beyond comprhension, but then again....

It's the second biggest mystery on TW after the "why didn't Nadal take a MTO against Rosol" one.

Sid_Vicious
06-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Nadal bumping into Rosol was pretty shocking. He apologized for it, good on him for that, but to me it looked like something he did out of pure frustration; not by accident.

In such a case, simply apologizing does not make it okay.

joeri888
06-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Wow, I really dislike Nadal, but that Nadal bump was NOTHING. It was even less than bumping into someone on the street. They touched each other, WOOOW big deal. It was not friendly, and Nadal is not better than other human beings, but who cares. When will we start judging and analyzing players for their tennis again? Fed is arrogant and only gracious when he wins, Nadal i humble i.e. dishonest, fakes, and only protects his self-interest. Djokovic is pretentious, in-your-face, overacting.

Every little detail is made out to be some huge thing here. They could be a bit more like Connors and McEnroe and Borg. We are all trying to pin them, down to details to not see the boring truth that they are all pretty much similar and stuff.

THis bump was absolutely nothing. I could bump into Mike Tyson in a dark alley like that and zero would happen.

I dislike Nadal, loved him being defeated, loved Rosol for jumping up and down etc, his coldness, but Nadal can pull all the stunts he wants as long the umpire thinks it's okay.

When someone hits another player on the court, completely swears and yells at him, kicks him or throws stuff at him, it's worth talking.. this was nothing.

CMM
06-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Yes. :(

http://p.twimg.com/AwgdvN5CAAADpI5.jpg:large

The_Order
06-29-2012, 01:49 AM
LOL it seems to be all the ****s that have a problem with the bump. Relax it was a minor brush ffs it's not like he ran into him and knocked him over.

If there's something that should get under people's skin, it's the complaining about how the guy was receiving. It is illegal to move about like that, but Rafa should've just got on with it instead of complaining, he gets away with a lot of things himself, so he was frustrated and little things were bothering him, but that "bump" ffs was absolutely NOTHING!

And to all the idiots saying "I'd like to see him do that to Soderling" big LOLZ. Sod is not going to do a damn thing about it for 2 reasons:

1) It wasn't even a bump, it was a slight brush
2) Sod is all act, in reality he's an arrogant *****.

beernutz
06-29-2012, 01:54 AM
LOL it seems to be all the ****s that have a problem with the bump. Relax it was a minor brush ffs it's not like he ran into him and knocked him over.

If there's something that should get under people's skin, it's the complaining about how the guy was receiving. It is illegal to move about like that, but Rafa should've just got on with it instead of complaining, he gets away with a lot of things himself, so he was frustrated and little things were bothering him, but that "bump" ffs was absolutely NOTHING!

And to all the idiots saying "I'd like to see him do that to Soderling" big LOLZ. Sod is not going to do a damn thing about it for 2 reasons:

No it isn't. Do you even play tennis?

Frying Pan Forehand
06-29-2012, 02:06 AM
Yes I do, do you? Surely you know you can't distract the server? Back in your hole fool.

The_Order
06-29-2012, 02:12 AM

http://www.athlebrities.com/post-images//2009/02/roger_federer_crying2.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3dnIrcl_kNE/Siv2Wu1LmcI/AAAAAAAAAJI/ITm7ps2Q0O4/s400/Federer_Crying.JPG

rafan
06-29-2012, 02:43 AM
Yes. :(

http://p.twimg.com/AwgdvN5CAAADpI5.jpg:large

...and all eyes are still on Nadal

billnepill
06-29-2012, 03:07 AM

LOLville, why don't you post from your account? It is compromised enough, no need to hide

The_Order
06-29-2012, 03:15 AM
LOLville, why don't you post from your account? It is compromised enough, no need to hide

BiLOLnepiLOL please, I am not jackson ville, stop trying to play detective and do something more interesting with your life.

Wangtang1
06-29-2012, 04:24 AM
Lol at people saying the bump was nothing. Mentality matters a huge amount. If you're Rosol, and you're in the zone of all zones, being disturbed in any way could stop you playing well.

Nadal never bumps in to anyone and then by a MASSIVE coincidence he happens to accidently bump in to an opponent that's mostly beating him because the opponent is mentally perfect.

Sure *******s, we believe you. :roll:

skip1969
06-29-2012, 04:33 AM
well, they won't be seeing him for another 12 months so . . . time to get that photo op!

ledwix
06-29-2012, 04:36 AM

Wow what a moral victory. not

stringertom
06-29-2012, 04:46 AM
If you bump into Mike Tyson in a dark alley he might bite your trophy, no?

The Dark Knight
06-29-2012, 04:51 AM
what the hell is the big deal?

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r494/MaldwynDyer/nadalnudge.gif[/QUOTE]

mandy01
06-29-2012, 05:02 AM

Are you sure that is the point where the incident is said to have happened? If so, yes, it's a mountain out of a molehill.

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 05:09 AM

no big deal. just the usual despicable Nadal and his fans being the usual defensive idiots and bringing Fed into the debate as if Fed was on court yesterday...

no biggie

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Are you sure that is the point where the incident is said to have happened? If so, yes, it's a mountain out of a molehill.

actually no. it's not...

as someone who followed tennis for quite some time, you know exactly what the meaning of the cross net bump is....

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 05:11 AM
Hola Gorecki. How about that penalty shootout:).

hey dumass stick to the topic !!!

if you want to debat footbal go elsewhere!!!

besides, are you spanish? i think not!! actually you are dutch right? so if you are trying tot rub me that loss what has your team done dumbo?

oh snap.. they got sent packing home with 3 losses, one of them to my Team!!!

stringertom
06-29-2012, 05:15 AM
actually no. it's not...

as someone who followed tennis for quite some time, you know exactly what the meaning of the cross net bump is....

Irina Spirlea knows the meaning behind the changeover bump.

Thud and blunder
06-29-2012, 05:17 AM
I thought Nadal did OK; he was clearly disappointed to be bundled out like that, but at the end, he even went to pick up Rosol's racquet for him at the net, and then stuck around to sign autographs.

As always, haterz gonna hate.

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Half Dutch/Half Catalan:). In the world cup I had a blast. But I was mostly supporting Xavi and co.

sure. because your team sucked big time so you had to live some sort of victoruies thru some other country!!!

lame but not surprising for you. anyways, good victory by the Spanish-turkish team...

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 05:19 AM
You mad because Ronaldo is a glory hunting attention seeker?

stick to the topic dumbo.

you mad because your team need a crap refere to win over Ukrania only to be sent out in the quarters by Italia?

Cesc Fabregas
06-29-2012, 05:21 AM
stick to the topic dumbo.

you mad because your team need a crap refere to win over Ukrania only to be sent out in the quarters by Italia?

I don't the England NT so I don't care. Your golden boy ruined any chance you had of making the final.

ViscaB
06-29-2012, 05:23 AM
sure. because your team sucked big time so you had to live some sort of victoruies thru some other country!!!

lame but not surprising for you. anyways, good victory by the Spanish-turkish team...

I just have the privilege of having 2 countries (or make that 3). Even my username is Visca B(arcelona):).

You are a bad loser. You should be used to it:twisted:. The referee had a great match. With your antipathy against anything Spanish I just have to laugh out loud. If you were more sympathetic I would show some empathy towards you since it's very annoying to lose on penalties.

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 06:01 AM
I just have the privilege of having 2 countries (or make that 3). Even my username is Visca B(arcelona):).

You are a bad loser. You should be used to it:twisted:. The referee had a great match. With your antipathy against anything Spanish I just have to laugh out loud. If you were more sympathetic I would show some empathy towards you since it's very annoying to lose on penalties.

show me a good loser and i will show you a loser!

anyways. stick to the topic, being that the despicable Nadal and his unsportsmanlike conducts!!!

The Dark Knight
06-29-2012, 06:43 AM
show me a good loser and i will show you a loser!

anyways. stick to the topic, being that the despicable Nadal and his unsportsmanlike conducts!!!

When was the last time Fed won a slam?

Thanks for showing us that fed is a loser.

Feather
06-29-2012, 06:49 AM

You started watching Tennis yesterday, don't you? That's why you are very clueless about reality.

You know, Roger is 31 and he is still making semi finals and also challenging the top two. What do you think Rafa or Novak will be doing at same age? You can imagine that. Rafa just lost in second round in a slam at age 26. At this age, Roger was either winning or making finals. His first loss before semifinal, was in 2010, and that too it was in Quarter Final, when he was almost 29 :)

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 06:59 AM

Stick to the topic

This thread is not about Federer and i am not a Federer Fan

Feather
06-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Stick to the topic

This thread is not about Federer and i am not a Federer Fan

I can't blame him for assuming that you are a Federer fan or the topic is about Federer. All his posts and threads are based on assumptions only, and backed with deep hatred and a bit chauvinism as well :)

So hardly surprising !

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 07:14 AM
I can't blame him for assuming that you are a Federer fan or the topic is about Federer. All his posts and threads are based on assumptions only, and backed with deep hatred and a bit chauvinism as well :)

So hardly surprising !

word.

10 truths

beernutz
06-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Yes I do, do you? Surely you know you can't distract the server? Back in your hole fool.
From the Code FOOL:

35. Body movement. A player may feint with the body while a ball is in play. A player may change position at any time, including while the server is tossing a ball.

Any other movement or any sound that is made solely to distract an opponent,
including, but not limited to, waving arms or racket or stamping feet, is not allowed.

The Umpire never warned Rosol that he was distracting Nadal, correct?

rcglider
06-29-2012, 08:06 AM
From the Code FOOL:

35. Body movement. A player may feint with the body while a ball is in play. A player may change position at any time, including while the server is tossing a ball.

including, but not limited to, waving arms or racket or stamping feet, is not allowed.

stop wasting your time. Bulltards don't play tennis. They only worship their idol
online.

Omega_7000
06-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Nadal’s responses at the press conference didn’t do much for his image, either. The world No. 2, who normally exudes humility, came off as ungenerous. When a journalist asked if Rosol was simply “too good” last night, Nadal brushed the comment aside. “Oh, c’mon. That’s too simple,” he said in response. “In the fifth, yes. Not before, no? In the fifth set he played more than unbelievable. That’s fine. Before, first three sets, I didn’t play well.”

Read more: http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/06/29/wimbledon-2012-rafael-nadal-crashes-out-to-unheralded-czech-player/#ixzz1zCcwC7XT

TheTruth
06-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Where have you been? They've always done this. That's why we've heard about the extra seconds, the bottles, and any little idiosyncracy Nadal has ever had throughout his entire career.

TheTruth
06-29-2012, 09:47 AM

Interesting. Funny how people try to make a story out of anything no matter how ridiculous it is.

reversef
06-29-2012, 11:59 AM
word.

10 truths
After having seen so many of your posts, I'm 80% sure that you are a ******* in disguise. You criticize him once in a while just to pretend you are not, but you pretend liking Djokovic and each factor that favours Fed is a joy for you, even against Djokovic. Hypocrisy at its best.

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 12:14 PM
After having seen so many of your posts, I'm 80% sure that you are a ******* in disguise. You criticize him once in a while just to pretend you are not, but you pretend liking Djokovic and each factor that favours Fed is a joy for you, even against Djokovic. Hypocrisy at its best.

thanks a lot Dr. Phil. now please proceed to fly out

Ginger ninja
06-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Everyone also forgets the Australian open against Murray when he get destroyed, quit on the stool and claimed to be injured.

Nothing wrong with him apart from he didn't want to take a beating. Best I've ever seen Murray play.

The guy's a fraud, plain and simple.

Bad loser.
Overtly coached from uncle Toni
Plays obvious mind games to put his opponent off.

Glad he's out.

The_Order
07-03-2012, 04:47 AM
From the Code FOOL:

He was waving his racquet around so that's why Nadal complained to the umpire. He didn't imagine this it was happening even the commentators were saying it shouldn't be allowed. Just because the umpire was too ignorant to do anything about it has nothing to do with the fact that it was actually happening.

kragster
07-03-2012, 04:53 AM
" OP is so classy" - kragster

Omega_7000
07-03-2012, 05:05 AM

OK......... Nadal Fan in disguise. :oops:

http://kingsenglish.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/wolf_in_sheeps_clothing1.jpg

Sentinel
07-03-2012, 05:12 AM
He was waving his racquet around so that's why Nadal complained to the umpire. He didn't imagine this it was happening even the commentators were saying it shouldn't be allowed. Just because the umpire was too ignorant to do anything about it has nothing to do with the fact that it was actually happening.
Do you understand what "waving" is ? You wave your hand RAISING it. This rule refers to waving the racket or hand above your head like Tsonga once did in jest when he lobbed someone (i think Fed).