PDA

View Full Version : Will Nadal ever be no. 1 in the world again?

joeri888
06-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Just wondering what you guys think. He's still leading the race for the year with a solid margin, but his worst time of the season is yet to come. Not interested in your preferences, worshipping etc. but just wht you objectively think about his chances.

tennis_pro
06-29-2012, 02:26 AM
No as long as the remaining 3 slams aren't played on clay.

TigerTim
06-29-2012, 02:40 AM
yes, next year, after the French, for 2 weeks. That is it.

GodNovak
06-29-2012, 02:49 AM
No, he won't. After this loss, he has joined the ranks of Murray and Tsonga as the second tier of the big boys, and with a declining Fed, Novak will maintain his #1 position for a very long period of time.

joeri888
06-29-2012, 02:51 AM
yes, next year, after the French, for 2 weeks. That is it.
AFTER the french? Then lose it at Wimby? Do you even get the ranking system\? So he closes a gap by not winning any points at the FO, then loses it at W where he has nothing to defend? Please enlighten me

CMM
06-29-2012, 02:58 AM
Does anyone know what difference it will be between Rafa and Djoko if Novak defends his title?

Hitman
06-29-2012, 03:21 AM
He can still get the number one position, but as far as this season goes, the loss at Wimbledon has severely dented his chances. He's about to enter the worst part of the season for him so it will be difficult for him to dominate, because he never truly has dominated the second half of the season in his career.

Kam2010
06-29-2012, 03:21 AM
This forum is so full of ***** sometimes.

He lossed one match against a guy who isn't that good but played really well on the day and now most people are doubting Nadal now...
This always happens, history repeats itself,
King Sod, Delpo, Tsongo, etc etc
Nadal will just come back and probably get to Semis if not Final of US, he still has a lot to offer for the game.

Yes some things he does are not pleasant I agree.

hedera
06-29-2012, 03:55 AM
Rafa could do the same thing after the USO that Roger is doing now. And come Wimbledon 2013 he could gain a ton of points. He could put himself in a great position provided he shows up for the indoor season this fall.
People here are acting funny, though. One week ago he was a lock for the title and all of a sudden he is doomed.

joeri888
06-29-2012, 04:13 AM
This forum is so full of ***** sometimes.

He lossed one match against a guy who isn't that good but played really well on the day and now most people are doubting Nadal now...
This always happens, history repeats itself,
King Sod, Delpo, Tsongo, etc etc
Nadal will just come back and probably get to Semis if not Final of US, he still has a lot to offer for the game.

Yes some things he does are not pleasant I agree.

Huh? It begs the question doesn't it. It's the same for everyone. Same questions have been asked about Roger. Semis at the USO won't make him no. 1. I asked a specific question. He'll need to perform better outside clay to be no. 1 and you apparently seem to think he will. I wonder why.

Oh and btw, Rafa lost yesterday, so yeah we are not gonna sit here and talk about his french open victories, are we? He will win Slams, I'm sure, but that was not what I asked.