PDA

View Full Version : The Nadal-Rosol underlines one thing

DavaiMarat
06-29-2012, 07:14 AM
All champions are gracious when they are winning and arrogant whiny bags when they are losing.

There's a certain amount of self entitlement and insolence that comes with being a champion tennis player. It all stems from a self belief you need to be at the top. To win, you have to hate to lose, when you are losing, you tend to hate everything that is causing you to lose, especially your opponent.

The exception might be Stefan Edberg.

So did Radal act like a dick? Yeah, especially when he didn't apologize for the elbow bump (like anyone would on the street). Murray, Federer and Djokovic may have ended up doing the same (except djoker probably would of made of joke of it).

Winning breeds arrogance...when you've played the game as long as I have...it's something you need to be the best. Unfortunately, sometimes it makes you act like a ****** when things aren't going your way.

I'm not a Nadal hater but it was nice to see Rosol play lights out tennis. Reminded me of Tsonga a bit.

reversef
06-29-2012, 12:03 PM
So did Radal act like a dick? Yeah, especially when he didn't apologize for the elbow bump (like anyone would on the street). Murray, Federer and Djokovic may have ended up doing the same (except djoker probably would of made of joke of it).

Winning breeds arrogance...when you've played the game as long as I have...it's something you need to be the best. Unfortunately, sometimes it makes you act like a ****** when things aren't going your way.

I'm not a Nadal hater but it was nice to see Rosol play lights out tennis. Reminded me of Tsonga a bit.
He apologized. And more than once. :oops:
Where was his arrogance?

The Dark Knight
06-29-2012, 12:21 PM
He apologized. And more than once. :oops:
Where was his arrogance?

For slightly brushing him.....

Maybe Fed should apologize for running away like a baby at the FO leaving bud Collins just standing there or crying like a sore loser at the AO or cursing and getting fined or breaking his racquets or telling officials to shutup.

Double standard.

Nadalfan89
06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Umm....Nadal apologized profusely.

Gorecki
06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
oh yeah. Nadal wrote a letter to UN security counsil!!!

Lefty78
06-29-2012, 12:38 PM
The exception might be Stefan Edberg.

Way to throw Rafter under the bus, lol