PDA

View Full Version : Does Nadal going out of Wimby 2012 mean everyone else will play badly?

tank_job
06-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Nadal was such a lock to win the whole tournament, coming in with a mental advantage over Djokovic, and, of course his famous advantage over Federer.

I could have bet my house on him winning the tournament (lucky I didn't), and everyone else really thought Nadal cruising to his 12 slam was a forgone conclusion.

Now with him gone, will everyone else play tentatively and, well, like cr@p because they feel like it's their big chance to win it and don't want to screw up?

With Nadal still in the draw, everyone could at least swing freely safe in the knowledge that they'd lose to Nadal, so it didn't really matter.

Now guys like Federer, Roddick, and ESPECIALLY Del-Potro, Tsonga, and Murray are all going to be bricking themselves thinking that this is their moment, which will ironically lead to them all playing ***** and getting booted out?

krz
06-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Nadal was such a lock to win the whole tournament, coming in with a mental advantage over Djokovic, and, of course his famous advantage over Federer.

I could have bet my house on him winning the tournament (lucky I didn't), and everyone else really thought Nadal cruising to his 12 slam was a forgone conclusion.

Now with him gone, will everyone else play tentatively and, well, like cr@p because they feel like it's their big chance to win it and don't want to screw up?

With Nadal still in the draw, everyone could at least swing freely safe in the knowledge that they'd lose to Nadal, so it didn't really matter.

Now guys like Federer, Roddick, and ESPECIALLY Del-Potro, Tsonga, and Murray are all going to be bricking themselves thinking that this is their moment, which will ironically lead to them all playing ***** and getting booted out?

Lets be honest here. You don't have a house, you're 12.