PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu? Is it the French Open all over again? spoiler alert

jukka1970
06-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I came home from work and hadn't seen the matches during the day. Turned on the tv after coming back from dinner to see that Federer was 2 sets to love down. I was like, oh you've got to be kidding. Federer probably had him after escaping the 4th set, but Bennetau's leg getting hurt a bit certainly didn't hurt Federer.

So let's think back to when Federer won the French Open. Nadal was ousted early in what had to be one of the greatest shocks in Tennis history. I know there are a lot of contenders, but you've got to admit that Nadals is way up there, and to be the greatest shock. With Federer's toughest opponent out, he goes on to almost lose to Tommy Haas, 2 sets down and 2 points from being out, to come back and win it. Today Federer was 2 sets down, and in the 4th 2 points from being out, right after Nadal is ousted in the 2nd round.

Like I said in the other post, the olympics says it all. The dream is still alive, and if he can make it to the Semi's and beat Djokovic, we may very well see two more records. He'll have to earn his number 1 ranking, but Federer shows time and time again that he's not leaving quietly and that it's not over until it's over.

TopFH
06-29-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't value the Olympics much...but if Federer were to win SW19 + OG, he would rocket to No.1 regardless of Djokovic's results, right?

kishnabe
06-29-2012, 08:10 PM
SO Rosol going to reach the Wimbledon final.....and You think Djokovic is going to lose to Gasquet.

brickner_damage
06-29-2012, 08:13 PM
I came home from work and hadn't seen the matches during the day. Turned on the tv after coming back from dinner to see that Federer was 2 sets to love down. I was like, oh you've got to be kidding. Federer probably had him after escaping the 4th set, but Bennetau's leg getting hurt a bit certainly didn't hurt Federer.

So let's think back to when Federer won the French Open. Nadal was ousted early in what had to be one of the greatest shocks in Tennis history. I know there are a lot of contenders, but you've got to admit that Nadals is way up there, and to be the greatest shock. With Federer's toughest opponent out, he goes on to almost lose to Tommy Haas, 2 sets down and 2 points from being out, to come back and win it. Today Federer was 2 sets down, and in the 4th 2 points from being out, right after Nadal is ousted in the 2nd round.

Like I said in the other post, the olympics says it all. The dream is still alive, and if he can make it to the Semi's and beat Djokovic, we may very well see two more records. He'll have to earn his number 1 ranking, but Federer shows time and time again that he's not leaving quietly and that it's not over until it's over.

Oh when I saw the thread title I was sure you were referring to Djokovic beating down Federer in straight sets this year..

jukka1970
06-30-2012, 06:09 AM
SO Rosol going to reach the Wimbledon final.....and You think Djokovic is going to lose to Gasquet.

Not sure where you got this from. all I meant was the similarity of Federer between the two. I didn't mean everything was exact. I was trying to figure out what the Rosol comment meant until I realized you were paralleling Soderling who beat Nadal going all the way.

So no, I just mean from Nadal losing early, and Federer escaping the 2 sets down.