PDA

View Full Version : Who better: Berdych (vs Fed) wim10? Tsonga (vs Fed) wim11? Rosol (vs Nadal) wim12?

brickner_damage
06-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Who played better:

Berdych vs Federer Wimbledon 2010?

Tsonga vs Federer Wimbledon 2011?

Rosol vs Nadal Wimbledon 2012?

jukka1970
06-29-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't know how this is even a contest. Rosol played insane to take out Nadal. Rosol was hitting shots that were faster then what Del Potro was cracking when he won the US Open

kishnabe
06-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Tsonga vs Federer.

Berdych played well against the Worst Federer that ever played in Wimbledon.

Tsonga played against a strong Federer who may have reached the final if it weren't for Tsonga.

Rosol played out of his mind, but Nadal wasn't exactly playing his best tennis. Nadal gave so many short balls....that were begged to be hit.

Easily Tsonga....he had the harder opponent.....thus his level had to be extremely well to win...even though it wasn't 100 mph forehands and backhands.

Towser83
06-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Tsonga vs Federer.

Tsonga played against a strong Federer who may have reached the final if it weren't for Tsonga.

Rosol played out of his mind, but Nadal wasn't exactly playing his best tennis. Nadal gave so many short balls....that were begged to be hit.

Easily Tsonga....he had the harder opponent.....thus his level had to be extremely well to win...even though it wasn't 100 mph forehands and backhands.

yeah didn't Tsonga only get broken once in the match, the very first game? He then had to be the first person to beat Fed from 2 sets down in a slam

NadalAgassi
06-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Tsonga vs Federer.

This (10 char.) Federer at Wimbledon 2010 sucked. Nadal on grass this year for whatever reason sucked as well in the few matches he played. Both were playing pusher weak baseline tennis. Berdych and Rosol still played great tennis and deserve credit for that. Federer at Wimbledon 2011 was actually playing quite well though.

primetennis
06-29-2012, 10:38 PM
This (10 char.) Federer at Wimbledon 2010 sucked. Nadal on grass this year for whatever reason sucked as well in the few matches he played. Both were playing pusher weak baseline tennis. Berdych and Rosol still played great tennis and deserve credit for that. Federer at Wimbledon 2011 was actually playing quite well though.

Tsonga vs fed 2011..just because of the way roger was playing that tournament..he could have won the title if not for tsonga

FlashFlare11
06-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Watching Nadal-Rosol all I could think about was Federer-Tsonga at Wimbledon last year. It played out almost exactly the same way. Both Federer and Nadal came out with good leads but their opponents got hotter as the match went on. Deep in the match, both Tsonga and Rosol played above and beyond anything they'd done before, hitting shots they'd normally miss and making every first serve. Rosol would have been too much for anyone, as was Tsonga then.

The difference which makes Tsonga's win more impressive was that Federer was playing better tennis than Nadal was when each lost. Also, Federer had a 2-0 set lead whereas Nadal and Rosol split the first two sets.

TMF
06-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Who played better:

Berdych vs Federer Wimbledon 2010?

Tsonga vs Federer Wimbledon 2011?

Rosol vs Nadal Wimbledon 2012?

Tsonga because he was down 2 sets.

brickner_damage
06-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Watching Nadal-Rosol all I could think about was Federer-Tsonga at Wimbledon last year. It played out almost exactly the same way. Both Federer and Nadal came out with good leads but their opponents got hotter as the match went on. Deep in the match, both Tsonga and Rosol played above and beyond anything they'd done before, hitting shots they'd normally miss and making every first serve. Rosol would have been too much for anyone, as was Tsonga then.

The difference which makes Tsonga's win more impressive was that Federer was playing better tennis than Nadal was when each lost. Also, Federer had a 2-0 set lead whereas Nadal and Rosol split the first two sets.

I agree, Tsonga was under more pressure than Rosol, and Federer was on fire the first 2 sets. Rafa Nadal was never on fire.

ZeroSkid
06-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Nobody could have beaten Rosol the way he was playing

wooky
06-30-2012, 05:08 AM
Tsonga v Nadal semi final Aus Open 2008 was the best performance. Straight sets demolition of Nadal.

joeri888
06-30-2012, 05:36 AM
Rosol played ridiculous set. Not the whole match. Tsonga for me

mandy01
06-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Rosol because of his ranking. I think it was ridiculous he could pull it off. You just don't see that nowadays and I think his win may have inspired a whole lot of players here at Wimbledon.

But I do think Tsonga was impressive too. I wasn't 'impressed' then obviously but Tsonga was really playing high octane tennis that whole match and serving like a beast. He did lose the first two sets but that was more a question of timing and getting to a stage where you start making the high-risk shots.

BUT, I felt both Roger and Nadal were well off during their losses. Roger just hasn't played well on grass in a long time. I don't know about Nadal because he typically struggles in the early rounds at Wimbledon.

brickner_damage
06-30-2012, 05:45 AM
BUT, I felt both Roger and Nadal were well off during their losses. Roger just hasn't played well on grass in a long time. I don't know about Nadal because he typically struggles in the early rounds at Wimbledon.

It's hard to remember exactly the level of Rafa Nadal's matches in first week of 2010 Wimbledon but I think maybe he served better vs Rosol than back then. He had 19 aces vs Rosol and even when he was broken in the 5th set it was with balls clipping the net a couple of times. Served well.