PDA

View Full Version : Karlovic could be onto something

Russeljones
06-29-2012, 11:16 PM
First the indoor tennis now the footfaults. Looks like the Brits are desperate to clear the way for Andy Murray.

Here's the article from The Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/30/wimbledon-2012-ivo-karlovic-andy-murray

In it Ivo is basically saying he couldn't find many replays of the footfaults from the BBC coverage, which he thought was odd. He is demanding a public apology after being cheated out of a 5th set vs Murray.

I don't know how real this is (the conspiracy to aid Murray's chances of a maiden title) but if it is, I'd say it's a crying shame for it to happen at Wimbledon, a private club of all places. A temple.

What do you all think?

TeflonTom
06-29-2012, 11:49 PM
:rolleyes:

Sentinel
06-30-2012, 12:37 AM
The Brits also had Rosol sent back from the future to take out Nadal. Stepanek and JB sadly failed in their part of the deal, but there's still time for them to send someone else back, like Malice or Troicki.

zagor
06-30-2012, 12:41 AM
First the indoor tennis now the footfaults. Looks like the Brits are desperate to clear the way for Andy Murray.

Here's the article from The Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/30/wimbledon-2012-ivo-karlovic-andy-murray

In it Ivo is basically saying he couldn't find many replays of the footfaults from the BBC coverage, which he thought was odd. He is demanding a public apology after being cheated out of a 5th set vs Murray.

I don't know how real this is (the conspiracy to aid Murray's chances of a maiden title) but if it is, I'd say it's a crying shame for it to happen at Wimbledon, a private club of all places. A temple.

What do you all think?

Of course, which is why Murray has the toughest draw (by far) out of any of top 4 players.

6-2/6-4/6-0
06-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Well that's easily explainable - everyone knows that if Murray has an easy draw his head won't be in the right place for the semi-final or final. The organizers are hoping to lull Fed into a false sense of security (something JB messed up for them yesterday), and are just hoping that Andy can beat Nole since they have a pretty even matchup if Andy's head is on straight (refer to beginning of post).

Additional conspiracy theory: the Slams put Simon up to bagging on equal prize money so that the ATP and WTA would get distracted from the common goal of getting a greater share of tournament revenue as their prize payout...

Bring in the tin-foil hats. :)

Russeljones
06-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Well that's easily explainable - everyone knows that if Murray has an easy draw his head won't be in the right place for the semi-final or final. The organizers are hoping to lull Fed into a false sense of security (something JB messed up for them yesterday), and are just hoping that Andy can beat Nole since they have a pretty even matchup if Andy's head is on straight (refer to beginning of post).

Additional conspiracy theory: the Slams put Simon up to bagging on equal prize money so that the ATP and WTA would get distracted from the common goal of getting a greater share of tournament revenue as their prize payout...

Bring in the tin-foil hats. :)

Haha! That's the spirit! More theories please! :twisted:

6-2/6-4/6-0
06-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Cilic and Querry had a gentleman's agreement that they would go to 80-80 in the 5th and then play it out to top Isner-Mahut. So they traded holds and breaks until Cilic heard that he had the second longest match locked up, and he hosed Querry and took the win.

jackson vile
06-30-2012, 12:16 PM
The roofs have solved many problems, however they seem to be creating many problems as well. They should only use it when they actually need it. As long as there is no rain there should be no reason for a roof.

TheF1Bob
06-30-2012, 12:46 PM
The Brits also had Rosol sent back from the future to take out Nadal. Stepanek and JB sadly failed in their part of the deal, but there's still time for them to send someone else back, like Malice or Troicki.

I lol'd. :lol:

BeHappy
06-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Could he get some footage from American tv?

It mightn't have been a conspiracy, just a patriotic linesman.

Wimbledon did secretly leave the lids off the cans of tennis balls so a conspiracy theory isn't actually beyond the realms of possibility at all.

The slams also somehow "randomly" draw Doker and Fed in almost every slam.

So who knows, don't be so quick to laugh at Karlovic I guess.

CCNM
06-30-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't think Murray will get past Cilic. If he does then I think he'll make it to the final. BTW, 6-2/6-4/6-0 how close were Cilic and Querrey to tying/passing Isner and Mahut for the longest match ever?

JustBob
06-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I think the OP might be related to Alex Jones.

Andres
06-30-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't think Murray will get past Cilic. If he does then I think he'll make it to the final. BTW, 6-2/6-4/6-0 how close were Cilic and Querrey to tying/passing Isner and Mahut for the longest match ever?
17-15 in the fifth. 5 hours and 31 minutes.
So, not really that close

6-2/6-4/6-0
06-30-2012, 01:42 PM
BTW, 6-2/6-4/6-0 how close were Cilic and Querrey to tying/passing Isner and Mahut for the longest match ever?

Another 5.5 hours and they would have been there...

:)

CCNM
06-30-2012, 01:47 PM
^^thanks guys.

Russeljones
06-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Maybe Bahgdatis also has something to say now ..

kaku
06-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Rosol is actually a robot designed to beat Nadal Soderling style. Explains why Rosol didn't choke, and after he won they let the robot run on beta auto pilot software, which is why he lost. They also tried to take out Novak and Roger via illegal substances and rocket powered tennis balls.

blackfrido
06-30-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't know about that conspiracy that Russeljones (first poster) to aid Murray but tonight against Marcos Baghdatis they played beyond 11pm.
Before that happens it was announced many times that by 11 pm the match should be stopped :)

Russeljones
06-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Rosol is actually a robot designed to beat Nadal Soderling style. Explains why Rosol didn't choke, and after he won they let the robot run on beta auto pilot software, which is why he lost. They also tried to take out Novak and Roger via illegal substances and rocket powered tennis balls.

Looks a bit rushed to me, a little more effort please.

rainingaces
06-30-2012, 02:24 PM
I wouldnt trust anything you read in that lefty rag or on their web pages but its odd there is no footage.

Russeljones
06-30-2012, 02:27 PM
I wouldnt trust anything you read in that lefty rag or on their web pages but its odd there is no footage.

It's Karlovic's own words so not a lot to misinterpret or make up, and yes indeed, there were virtually no replays.

Mainad
06-30-2012, 04:20 PM

A public apology...lol? What's the public got to do with Ivo's foot-faults at Wimbledon?

What do you all think?

Not sure you want to know what I think. But here's a thought. How come they didn't think of this devilishly cunning tactic when Ivo's fellow-countryman, Goran Ivanisevic, who was an even bigger server and hitter than Ivo, played against Tim Henman in that lengthy semi-final back in 2001? After all, Tim was the darling of the Centre Court crowd, much more so than Murray, and this was to be his last chance of ever making the final and finally winning a Wimbledon title!

Mainad
06-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Maybe Bahgdatis also has something to say now ..

How come Baggy didn't get foot-faulted when he was a set and a break up? I never even counted 1! Is this discrimination? What have they got against Cypriots I wonder?

Russeljones
07-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Mainad you're really bad at this, you're supposed to come up with your own conspiracy!!!

Mainad
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Mainad you're really bad at this, you're supposed to come up with your own conspiracy!!!

Maybe, in this case, the Wimby Big-Wigs conspired not to have a conspiracy! Will that do?

Russeljones
07-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Refusing to close roof so Federer won't finish his match faster and Djokovic too. Comparative advantage to Murray if he gets on court and executes. ;)

batz
07-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Refusing to close roof so Federer won't finish his match faster and Djokovic too. Comparative advantage to Murray if he gets on court and executes. ;)

They're fiendishly clever @ SW19 ;)

Russeljones
07-02-2012, 06:42 AM
They're fiendishly clever @ SW19 ;)

Just can't get this thread running, no love for conspiracy theories it seems :(

Russeljones
07-08-2012, 08:16 AM
I wonder how this guy is feeling right now.

ChrisCrocker
07-08-2012, 12:04 PM
A public apology...lol? What's the public got to do with Ivo's foot-faults at Wimbledon?

LOL that was good

Russeljones
07-08-2012, 12:08 PM
LOL that was good

It is called that because it is made public, like an open letter would.