PDA

View Full Version : Roger Federer - Comic Genius Part 2 (also breaks another "record")

DragonBlaze
06-30-2012, 04:31 AM
Just from Fed's recent press conference

Q. So were you worried how much, and so on? And then do you know that today you've beaten also a new record, which is you have won 5,459 games in the history in a slam, and you're beating Agassi who is behind 5,438.
ROGER FEDERER: You see. That's you battle out there, you know. (Laughter.)
Because I knew it. I knew that that record was on the line. I knew that. (Laughter.)
That's maybe why I couldn't get it going early, because it's such a big record for me. (Laughter.)

Q. 29 games today, that's why.
ROGER FEDERER: I thought playing longer might make me really break it. (Laughter.)
No, what do you do? I don't even remember the question. I just remember the record, which was so great, you know. (Laughing.)

This explains everything! :shock::twisted:
That is more trivia than a record I must say.

Also
Q. So within this 24 hours or so Rafa loses and Novak lost a set and you have this incredible match. You could say in a way, Oh, my God, the top 3 players...
ROGER FEDERER: Can't play tennis no more, right? (LOL at this part)

Q. Yeah, right. (Laughter.) But you really could look at it a different way. It shows that the level of incredible dominance that you guys have had, the ability to pull off whatever it is, 28 of the last 29. Can you just talk about the dominance of the three of you and how really difficult that has been and what an achievement?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I guess you can ask every player, and every player is going to give you the same answer...............................
But what this victory of Rosol does to me is give great belief for other players that they can beat the top guys, which I think is great, even though it might not be that great for me down the stretch. Hopefully not.
But it's just I think it's great for the sport that it is possible, such a victory for a lower ranked player. It's not a low ranked player, but in terms of Rafa Nadal being No. 2 in the world and the champion he is, it's obviously a massive upset.
I hope it does give many other players great belief in playing us in the future.

That last comment is interesting, really shows that Federer is as much of a tennis fan as a lot of us on these boards.

rommil
06-30-2012, 05:02 AM
What accidental humor ARROGANT answers, I bet nobody was really laughing, they just inserted (laughter) when they print. ****s:)

DragonBlaze
06-30-2012, 05:13 AM
What accidental humor ARROGANT answers, I bet nobody was really laughing, they just inserted (laughter) when they print. ****s:)

Indeed, the media is full of them :D

kragster
06-30-2012, 05:20 AM
I think it's arrogant of fed to not talk about what he doing to prevent global warming. Instead he goes on to talk about his tennis match and rosol and ither things no one really cares about. Clearly he is not concerned with how much energy was used to make that $1400 sweater of his.

Here is what uncle Toni had to say about fed

" no es talko globo warmo? Ah, muy mal"

forzamilan90
06-30-2012, 06:59 AM
"Can't play tennis no more?" No more, didn't know Fed had a street side of him.

Sentinel
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
No they actually had a lot of canned laughter in the interview. I saw it .... the telly was on mute when i suddenly saw Fed in an interview laughing. I ran to get the remote but by then lost the question. I heard the rest of it and was wondering what the record was.

They kept putting in Federer's canned laughter whenever he said anything, and whenever he laughed they had Maria and Serena's laughter inserted just after. It was very slickly done, very few would notice.

Anyway, thanks OP for this thread.