PDA

View Full Version : Benneteau asks Roger for his shirt

peRFection
06-30-2012, 08:58 AM
At the net Benneteau Asked Roger for his shirt. Roger dedicated the shirt to Benneteau and wrote:

For Benneteau,
The Crazy Game

http://rapidimg.org/images/IxdO.jpg

How humble ......

Bartelby
06-30-2012, 09:01 AM
If he wins the whole thing it'll be worth a bit.

Loose Cannon
06-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Doubt he is looking for the monetary value of it.....

TheF1Bob
06-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Arrogant Fed Being Arrogant. :mrgreen:

namelessone
06-30-2012, 09:29 AM
What does the second line say?

The Bawss
06-30-2012, 09:36 AM
"Match de dingo" which is a colloquialism of "Match de dingue" and means "Crazy match".

Seriously classy Roger.

BreakPoint
06-30-2012, 09:45 AM
I thought the losers of sporting events are supposed to give up their shirts to the winners?

This is backwards!

CMM
06-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Schwank did the same after Rafa beat him at Roland Garros.

sbengte
06-30-2012, 10:04 AM
The first line says "Poor Bennett" ?
Arrogant Fed is arrogant.

Kunohara
06-30-2012, 10:20 AM

Dont be a tool. It says Pour Bennett, which means FOR Benett.

Again, dont be a tool.

Sentinel
06-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Dont be a tool. It says Pour Bennett, which means FOR Benett.

Again, dont be a tool.
Poor you !! You missed the smiley !!
Again poor you :D :D

Sentinel
06-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Schwank did the same after Rafa beat him at Roland Garros.
The other day Rafa also picked up Rosol's racket and asked if he could have it.

I love these touching gestures.

drakulie
06-30-2012, 10:44 AM

Lol. ..............

donnygg
06-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Is Benneteau gonna wash it?

90's Clay
06-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Wow Bennetau.. He's done everything except spread eagle for Roger.. Maybe if he didn't mentally blow the match when being up 2 sets Roger would be asking him for his autograph? ROFL

What a clown!!!

peRFection
06-30-2012, 11:48 AM
I thought the losers of sporting events are supposed to give up their shirts to the winners?

This is backwards!

Nah. It's the opposite when it comes to the GOAT. It's such an honor for Bennetteau to have Roger's sweaty shirt. I'm sure it smells like a cologne-*

*edited

The Bawss
06-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Nah. It's the opposite when it comes to the GOAT. It's such an honor for Bennetteau to have Roger's sweaty shirt. I'm sure it smells like a colon.

I hope you meant "cologne"!

zagor
06-30-2012, 12:02 PM

LMAO! :)

chrischris
06-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I would not give the shirt off my back to some one i just beat . If he beat me maybe , but i doubt it. To me its just strange behavior,

10is
06-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Nah. It's the opposite when it comes to the GOAT. It's such an honor for Bennetteau to have Roger's sweaty shirt. I'm sure it smells like a colon.

Ewwwwwww.... what the hell is wrong with you???!!!!!

tistrapukcipeht
06-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Nadal should've done the same with Rosol, asked for Rosol's underwear to find out how big are his balls after that match Rosol played.

BreakPoint
06-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Nadal should've done the same with Rosol, asked for Rosol's underwear to find out how big are his balls after that match Rosol played.
ROTFLMAO!!!!! :lol:

mcenroefan
06-30-2012, 12:49 PM
That's really cool.

moshi2
06-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Didn't Llodra also asked for Roger's pink shirt after he lost? That was back in 2010 Cincy I think....

Everybody wants a piece of Rogi :D:D

mcenroefan
06-30-2012, 12:51 PM
How many Nadal autographs do Verdasco and Lopez have at this point?

Laurie
06-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Am I missing something? Is Benneteau not displaying an absolute losers mentality?

Perhaps tennis has gone completely soft, and may explain why so many players have just not stepped up and challenged the top 3 players.

Fed Kennedy
06-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Am I missing something? Is Benneteau not displaying an absolute losers mentality?

Perhaps tennis has gone completely soft, and may explain why so many players have just not stepped up and challenged the top 3 players.

Its a gesture carried over from football. Its just sport.

Laurie
06-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Its a gesture carried over from football. Its just sport.

Do footballers sign eachothers shirts? Or just exchange shirts after a match?

Benneteau is an opponent, not a star struck fan. We needs warriors in top level tennis, not star struck fans who moonlight as tennis players.

Agent Orynge
06-30-2012, 01:43 PM

Benneteau is an opponent, not a star struck fan. We needs warriors in top level tennis, not star struck fans who moonlight as tennis players.

Then start playing harder and set the example yourself. Meanwhile, QQ moar.

CCNM
06-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Gotta love Fed! Maybe Julien B, M Llodra, and E Schwank (with Rafa's shirt) want proof of their matches so they can tell their children about "that time"

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2012, 01:50 PM
ROFL!!!!!!

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2012, 01:52 PM

Benneteau did play like a warrior.

SystemicAnomaly
06-30-2012, 01:58 PM

Got a good chuckle from this. Great take on the racket pickup.

SystemicAnomaly
06-30-2012, 02:06 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/Blowing_a_raspberry.ogv/mid-Blowing_a_raspberry.ogv.jpg

CRWV
06-30-2012, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Laurie;6679219]...We needs warriors in top level tennis...QUOTE]

It's tennis you f***ing idiot!, there's no war, not battle, no one can die, hell, they don't even hit each other - They play a game! :evil:

Laurie
06-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh well, seems as though many tennis warehouse posters are as soft as some of these so called professional players! Benneteau should be annoyed he lost a match and a great opportunity to make a name for himself after being two sets up! Well at least he got a signed shirt for his efforts. ;-)

Wuppy
06-30-2012, 02:25 PM
He misspelled Benneateau's name. Hey kids, I got a t shirt signed by the guy who beat me and he didn't even remember my name.

Devilito
06-30-2012, 02:26 PM

Oh well, seems as though many tennis warehouse posters are as soft as some of these so called professional players! Benneteau should be annoyed he lost a match and a great opportunity to make a name for himself after being two sets up! Well at least he got a signed shirt for his efforts. ;-)

after a fight, MMA fighters embrace and go out for beers. Maybe they're not "warrior" enough for you? Team sports and individual sports cannot be compared. There is a psychological reason for continuing beef between sporting clubs that extends past the players to the fans. In individual sports the beef is before and during competition, but after it’s normal to show a level of respect that can only be shared between two true warriors. I’m sure this is something you’ll never understand or experience in your life.

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2012, 02:30 PM

You are right. He should have jumped off a cliff and ended his life.

Laurie
06-30-2012, 02:30 PM
after fight, MMA fighters embrace and go out for beers. Maybe they're not "warrior" enough for you? Team sports and individual sports cannot be compared. There is a psychological reason for continuing beef between sporting clubs that extends past the players to the fans. In individual sports the beef is before and during competition, but after itís normal to show a level of respect that can only be shared between two true warriors. Iím sure this is something youíll never understand or experience in your life.

Two totally different things. This is not respect, more of a scenario that Benneteau doesn't feel he deserves to be on the same court. I assume had Federer lost, he would not be asking for Benneteau's signed shirt.

Sid_Vicious
06-30-2012, 02:33 PM
He misspelled Benneateau's name. Hey kids, I got a t shirt signed by the guy who beat me and he didn't even remember my name.

Bennett is Benneteau's nickname.
Also, I think you spelled his name wrong. :D

RF20Lennon
06-30-2012, 02:36 PM

LMAO!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLLLL

SystemicAnomaly
06-30-2012, 02:39 PM

Bennet (or Bennett) is a nickname for Benneteau:

http://www.tennis-x.com/playernews/Julien-Benneteau.php

SystemicAnomaly
06-30-2012, 02:42 PM

Yeah, we're just big old girly men and you are one tough chick. :twisted:

10is
06-30-2012, 03:21 PM
How many Nadal autographs do Verdasco and Lopez have at this point?

They only ever needed one -- tramp stamped of course.

wrxinsc
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Poor you !! You missed the smiley !!
Again poor you :D :D

You think you're a wit, and you're probably half right. :);-)

^ you see what i did there?

dParis
06-30-2012, 08:09 PM

This is good - but what makes it special is it's in blue.

Harry_Wild
06-30-2012, 09:29 PM
If Roger wins it all; this shirt will be worth more then Benneteau has earn in tennis as a tour pro. LOL! Nice of Roger to do this; since he could easily refuse.

joeri888
07-01-2012, 02:30 AM
If Roger wins it all; this shirt will be worth more then Benneteau has earn in tennis as a tour pro. LOL! Nice of Roger to do this; since he could easily refuse.

You find me someone to pay over 4.5 million for Roger's shirt.

zagor
07-01-2012, 03:10 AM

Two totally different things. This is not respect, more of a scenario that Benneteau doesn't feel he deserves to be on the same court. I assume had Federer lost, he would not be asking for Benneteau's signed shirt.

What truly counts is a player's performance during the match itself, not what he does before or after.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who actually watched the match and still doesn't realize Benneteau gave it his all on court:

1) Doesn't truly understand the game and strengths and limitations of players who faced off in this match.

2) Has a personal bias against Fed and has an issue with him being still in the tourney.

The guy entered the match believing he can win and he played like it (his attitude toward the match reflected in his play, he completely bossed Fed around the court), if he truly believed he doesn't deserve being on the same court with Fed that kind of performance would have simply been impossible.

Bobby Jr
07-01-2012, 03:26 AM

This is backwards!
The winner should be able to take all their racquets too.

Rhino
07-01-2012, 03:39 AM
Maybe that's why Benneteau lost in the end; he was worried Federer wouldn't give him a signed shirt if he beat him.

pound cat
07-01-2012, 03:42 AM

No he is not arrogant. You are simply displaying your lack of knowledge of the French language and details about Benneteau.

It says pour Bennet...

pour means "for". Bennet is the nickname all the French speaking players call Benneteau.

Federer is showing not only his ability to speak different languages but to also write them.

Magnetite
07-01-2012, 04:18 AM
No he is not arrogant. You are simply displaying your lack of knowledge of the French language and details about Benneteau.

It says pour Bennet...

pour means "for". Bennet is the nickname all the French speaking players call Benneteau.

Federer is showing not only his ability to speak different languages but to also write them.

The guy was joking.

*Val*
07-01-2012, 04:29 AM
You find me someone to pay over 4.5 million for Roger's shirt.

lol
10char

Sentinel
07-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Roger's English is POUR that is why he wrote POUR instead of POOR. hehe.

POUR sbengte. No one got his joake despite the SMILEY on toap of the poast. :)

Maybe that's why Benneteau lost in the end; he was worried Federer wouldn't give him a signed shirt if he beat him.
LOL !

Feather
07-01-2012, 07:08 AM

lolz :)

hehehe

PrinceMoron
07-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Rafa wanted Rosol's serve, but he couldn't get near it.

jokinla
07-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Very cool idea.

stringertom
07-01-2012, 11:14 AM

He was looking to see if adding another 3g of lead tape might help to GOATserve, no?

PrinceMoron
07-01-2012, 01:54 PM

So RF must have got a drubbing from Will Smith, as he got his whole signed suit.
http://www.shanghaidaily.com/NewsImage/2012/2012-05/2012-05-15/20120515_501221_01.jpg