PDA

View Full Version : Is Ivo a dirtbag for trying to hang an asterisk on Murray's inevitable title?

DeShaun
06-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Ivo has been propagating a narrative in which the idea is being implied that Andy may have lost their match had not official interference been ran against Ivo. To some, this implication is calling into question the validity of Andy's campaign, and I am not one of them; but someone somewhere must have footage of the match in question, which record I understand the BBC may have, but is choosing not to release.

TeflonTom
06-30-2012, 03:37 PM
dood tv cams dont usually rec players side on at b-line. its a crappy angle for most stuff. on grass they try n stop the c men movin round 2 much coz it damages the surface

there might b a cpl of side on shots of k-vick servin but not a lot. shots prolly just dnt exist

these serbs n croats n stuff always think ppl are out to get em

Totai
06-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Andy has 0 chance of winning Wimbledon this year

Feņa14
06-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Andy has 0 chance of winning Wimbledon this year

He has a slight chance since Nadal got knocked out, he can't beat 2 of the big 3 back-to-back. He can possibly beat Djokovic, if everything goes right for him. He was close in Australia, if he somehow get's in that position again, he could pull it off.

I think Djokovic will walk the title personally, but it would be nice to see a Brit in the final giving him a test.

kishnabe
06-30-2012, 03:55 PM
He has a slight chance since Nadal got knocked out, he can't beat 2 of the big 3 back-to-back. He can possibly beat Djokovic, if everything goes right for him. He was close in Australia, if he somehow get's in that position again, he could pull it off.

I think Djokovic will walk the title personally, but it would be nice to see a Brit in the final giving him a test.

Djokovic won't like it when the crowd isn't on his side. 2011 FO Semifinal, 2008 Australian Open final, 2010/11 US Open Semifinal.

If Murray can ride the strength of the crowd in the final while Djokovic crying for attention......Djokovic will be out cold before he knows it.

10is
06-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Not at all. There's is enough circumstantial evidence to cast at least some suspicion in this regard. 11 foot faults for someone not known for such an act is somewhat of an anomaly, and unless evidence is provided otherwise there will always be doubt cast on the integrity of the line judge in this match. If the line judges are rotated intermittently, this could also account for why Karlovic was faulted from both sides of the court (in the case of one or two line judges being particularly over zealous).

Cormorant
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
If Ivo had taken Ancic's lead and acquired a law degree, he'd realise there's not much of a case to prepare. He's already changed his version of events, admitting there were 9 foot faults and not 11. And none of those came in any of the four times he was serving to stay in sets 1 and 2, nor in the two games he was broken in set 3. There was one questionable foot fault in the 4th set tiebreak at 2-2, which contributed to him losing a point, but he still got to 4-4 and the set was on his racquet yet he got outplayed in the last three points.

This was one sophisticated conspiracy if the intent was to plant a worm of doubt in Ivo's brain during his service games, but not penalise him at any significant stage until the very end in such a way that he still had control over his destiny.

Mainad
06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Ivo has been propagating a narrative in which the idea is being implied that Andy may have lost their match had not official interference been ran against Ivo. To some, this implication is calling into question the validity of Andy's campaign, and I am not one of them; but someone somewhere must have footage of the match in question, which record I understand the BBC may have, but is choosing not to release.

While I can understand Ivo being upset and irritated at the large number of foot-faults called against him, to charge Wimbledon officials with deliberately conspiring to derail his game just so Murray could get through, is going a bit too far! Murray has played and beaten him on every other occasion they met and I don't think Ivo was foot-faulted in all their previous matches! If Wimbledon was THAT anxious to help a British player surely they would have foot-faulted his fellow-countryman Ivanisevic when he played that long, rain-delayed semi against dear, old Tim Henman back in 2001!

Feņa14
06-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Djokovic won't like it when the crowd isn't on his side. 2011 FO Semifinal, 2008 Australian Open final, 2010/11 US Open Semifinal.

If Murray can ride the strength of the crowd in the final while Djokovic crying for attention......Djokovic will be out cold before he knows it.

It's possible! I cling onto any hope :)

I think Murray in the final would be a great thing for tennis fans, whatever peoples opinion of him. Having a British player in the final next Sunday would be something special.

Personally I think Djokovic would still win, but it would be a nice occasion.

TeflonTom
06-30-2012, 04:05 PM
op is just trollin anyway

brah u gotta be more subtle... 'muzzas inevitable title' makes it obv ur just lookin 4 a reaction

10is
06-30-2012, 04:08 PM

brah u gotta be more subtle... 'muzzas inevitable title' makes it obv ur just lookin 4 a reaction

I agree but I do kinda enjoy his/her posts all the same. At least the trolling is subtle and somewhat intelligently executed.

DeShaun
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM

I know but look, now there's a couple people in here discussing Murray's chances happily, so I did my job by making them feel this was a safe zone for such talk and I chose those words for the title with some intent. :) They were the giveaway, while the Ivo device was just a hot topic red herring.

cork_screw
06-30-2012, 06:12 PM
I wish I had a short cut key for the eye roll emoticon, I've been using it a lot with ******** threads. Here's another one.

Dude, Ivo had a legit case. Did you watch the match? Do you think those lines judges have a bit of murray love in them? Of course they do, they're playing in wimbledon against Murray. I doubt those foot faults would have happened if Ivo was playing Rochus or some other player not from their home country. 11 foot faults is very suspect like the Manny and Bradley match. You don't need a video camera to catch them in the act, you just know it in your bones that there was something fishy going on. This is especially the case since Ivo doesn't move his feet when he tosses the ball up, so i can't imagine how it would be foot faulting.

TeflonTom
06-30-2012, 06:22 PM
corkman - addin **** posts to **** threads dont make em less tarded dood

dr325i
06-30-2012, 06:28 PM
dood tv cams dont usually rec players side on at b-line. its a crappy angle for most stuff. on grass they try n stop the c men movin round 2 much coz it damages the surface

there might b a cpl of side on shots of k-vick servin but not a lot. shots prolly just dnt exist

these serbs n croats n stuff always think ppl are out to get em

First, what the hell did you try to say here?
Second, your conclusion is even more stupid than the rest of the text...

TeflonTom
06-30-2012, 06:31 PM
First, what the hell did you try to say here?
Second, your conclusion is even more stupid than the rest of the text...
dood take a xanax n go lie down. big boys r talkin

BobFL
06-30-2012, 06:34 PM
dood take a xanax n go lie down. big boys r talkin

ClownTom behave yourself. That's dr325i you are talking to. One of the best members this board has.

TeflonTom
06-30-2012, 07:03 PM
o **** brah, board in bigger trouble than i thought

BobFL
06-30-2012, 08:20 PM
o **** brah, board in bigger trouble than i thought

Yea bro, deactivate your account asap...

TeflonTom
06-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Yea bro, deactivate your account asap...
cmon brah, u had a sense o humor lobotomy?

lax man. u live longer