PDA

View Full Version : Rosol vs Nadal matchbproves Fed has a great chance

The Dark Knight
06-30-2012, 07:41 PM
People do not realize that the main reason Nadal lost to Rosol is because the roof was closed essentially changing the match into an indoor match.

Federer may just be the best indoorbplayer on the tour. If thereof goes up then he is the favorite to win if it's outdoors he will lose.

It's that simple.

tata
06-30-2012, 07:45 PM
IMO the guy was just in the zone in the 5th set. Blasting aces and powerful groundstrokes that landed in. That's all there was to it. Nadal hardly had a play on those shots.

thejackal
06-30-2012, 07:54 PM
yes, federer is one of the best indoor players on tour. then again he got pushed to 5 by benneteau, indoors, and could have lost had benneteau not cramped in the 5th. saw most of the match and the footspeed is a bit lacking. pulling for fed all the way, but he will need to get lucky and for the draw to open up a bit more.

martini1
06-30-2012, 08:01 PM
I never played indoors. Is it really that different?? The stadium is still pretty ventilated not like an arena, isn't it?

The Dark Knight
06-30-2012, 08:02 PM
The strange thing is that they say the court gets even slower indoors?

Weird?

The Dark Knight
06-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I never played indoors. Is it really that different?? The stadium is still pretty ventilated not like an arena, isn't it?

Indoor grass is anew thing.....no one really knows what it's going to be like yet.

Sentinel
06-30-2012, 08:13 PM
People do not realize that the main reason Nadal lost to Rosol is because the roof was closed essentially changing the match into an indoor match.

Federer may just be the best indoorbplayer on the tour. If thereof goes up then he is the favorite to win if it's outdoors he will lose.

It's that simple.
Yeah, he was *this* close to losing the match in the 4th set to someone ranked ... 32 ???

The Dark Knight
06-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Yeah, he was *this* close to losing the match in the 4th set to someone ranked ... 32 ???

I believe fed was down 2 matchpoints today?

TeflonTom
06-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Indoor grass is anew thing.....no one really knows what it's going to be like yet.
lol. yet u start a thread saying that fed is favorite in those conditions?

**** brah, even u dont know what ur trying to say. watchin u post is like watchin helen keller play tennis

RCizzle65
06-30-2012, 08:34 PM

You act like that's a horrible ranking, and that Benneteau was playing bad and Federer still was about to lose, or something

TMF
06-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Fed was cruising in the 1st and 2nd round by losing only a total of 9 games and it was playing outdoor. However in the 3rd round against benneteau he was facing 2 points away from losing the match 4 times in the 4th set. Evidence doesn't say closing the roof help Roger.

Disgruntled Worker
06-30-2012, 08:52 PM
How do you know the conditions changed? I highly doubt you've ever played on Wimbledon's grass (indoor or outdoor)

Magnus
06-30-2012, 08:56 PM
To be honest, Federer looked sharp and agressive in the first two rounds and passive and slow in the JB match. That's all there is to it, roof doesn't matter here. Federer was lucky to get passed the 4th set after serving twice to stay in the match and barely winning a tight TB. It was obvious Ben would fold after such a tight TB, and he did, pluse cramping. In the 5th Fed could play more relaxed, and a relaxed Roger is a deadly one. Always was.

Sentinel
06-30-2012, 10:29 PM

It's that simple.
So how do you explain that the first set went to a TB (and i think Rosol had set points) and Rosol won the next 2 sets with an open roof.

Had Rosol taken the set points then it would have been straight sets without the roof.

One can admit that maybe Rosol got some energy back due to the 45 minute delay, but that's hypothetical since both got the same rest, and it's only 45 minutes, not a full night. Also, he was by no means looking tired in the 4th or 5th.

Feather
07-01-2012, 07:14 AM

Out of curiosity, have you ever watched A Tennis match in your life that doesn't involve Rafa? All your posts and threads are based on what you believe, so I wonder where you get all these notions.

1) Roger was not down match points at any time of the match

2) Rafa lost two sets before the roof was closed. Actually, Rosol was on set point in first set also though he couldn't convert

Feather
07-01-2012, 07:17 AM
So how do you explain that the first set went to a TB (and i think Rosol had set points) and Rosol won the next 2 sets with an open roof.

Had Rosol taken the set points then it would have been straight sets without the roof.

One can admit that maybe Rosol got some energy back due to the 45 minute delay, but that's hypothetical since both got the same rest, and it's only 45 minutes, not a full night. Also, he was by no means looking tired in the 4th or 5th.

It's silly when Rafa fans claim nonsense like the break affected his momentum. Had Rafa been playing a guy who is the top ten, it makes some sense. A 11 time Major winner, two times winner and many a time finalist at Wimbledon plays a guy who didn't even qualify for Wimbledon before and ranked 100 and still fans say about momentum, roof etc, damn hilarious, lol :)

FlashFlare11
07-01-2012, 07:24 AM

Absolute proof that you don't even watch matches and aren't qualified to even make the claims that you do.

forzamilan90
07-01-2012, 07:26 AM
oh this trolling is getting more and more ridiculous by the day

The Dark Knight
07-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Isn't this what's really bothering you guys?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/227/859/rivalryaustralianopen2009_display_image.jpg

forzamilan90
07-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Isn't this what's really bothering you guys?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/227/859/rivalryaustralianopen2009_display_image.jpg

are you just saying that cause several other posters have the same avatar? aw thats cute

The Dark Knight
07-01-2012, 07:44 AM
are you just saying that cause several other posters have the same avatar? aw thats cute

No I'm honored.

forzamilan90
07-01-2012, 07:46 AM
No I'm honored.

true, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery and you are the master of your craft

SwankPeRFection
07-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Does everyone remember the French final last year? Fed was all over Rafa in the first set until Rafa decided to b**** up and and MTO to get his foot retaped. Give me a break. What Rosol had was the ability to go back out even after breaks, even after childish behavior and bumping (not that I mind such tricks, lol) and laugh in Rafa's face and beat him. As a matter of fact, when Rafa walked past him and in front of him nudging him, Rosol smiled a bit as if he knew he was getting under Rafa's skin. Then when the match was over, he even threw his racquet down and Rafa picked it up for him. That's some major "in someone's head" thing right there. "Pick that up you b****!"

I don't care if Rafa did it to be nice or what, but if he wanted to maintain his dignity for not liking the loss, he shouldn't have picked up the racquet.... oh, what? He wasn't OK with losing until it was finished, then he decided that maybe it would be good again to be humble? Give me a break! When Rafa dies, they'll write MTO King on his headstone.