PDA

View Full Version : Del Potro looks a lot older than 23

rayoflight110
07-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Seriously he looks around 33 if not more.

forzamilan90
07-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Well he's big, he's hairy, that adds years to a person's look

jerriy
07-01-2012, 04:29 AM
Facial hair can add years (up to 10 or even 20 or more years) to a man's look.

Homeboy Hotel
07-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Delete postt

TTMR
07-01-2012, 04:40 AM
I think playing hours and hours of tennis everyday for essentially your whole life tends to age a person. Guys like Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro all look older than their years. Nishikori looks well into his 30s and he is only 21 or thereabouts. Goffin is a rare player who looks his age, but of course everyone mocks and derides him.

bhallic24
07-01-2012, 07:46 AM
I think playing hours and hours of tennis everyday for essentially your whole life tends to age a person. Guys like Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro all look older than their years. Nishikori looks well into his 30s and he is only 21 or thereabouts. Goffin is a rare player who looks his age, but of course everyone mocks and derides him.

.... so why does playing tennis age a person? Are you saying that the fountain of youth is to just sit at home and not play tennis?

Mainad
07-01-2012, 07:51 AM

Nadal too. Tennis certainly does seem to make the players look older than they are. OTOH, they are all amazingly fit for their age which compensates I guess for the loss of their youthful looks! :wink:

OldFedIsOld
07-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Delpo at 14:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTkVrlksDus&feature=related

Delpo at 15:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ33ULA3SzE

Accelerated growth???!!!!! Is he a clone of the Big Boss?

I expect him to have gray hair and a mustache by his 30's.

BeHappy
07-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Todd Martin has looked 45 since he was 20.

Bartelby
07-01-2012, 08:11 AM
They're weather-beaten. I stopped playing in the sun - its disgusting.

Migelowsky
07-01-2012, 08:13 AM
.... so why does playing tennis age a person? Are you saying that the fountain of youth is to just sit at home and not play tennis?

Itīs not the Tennis, is the sun exposure.
Look at retired female players, they look older because
of sun damage. They still have a good body, but the face
is the one who suffers.

bhallic24
07-01-2012, 08:15 AM
is the one who suffers.

yea good point. but in addition, the sun just rips apart white skin. I'm sure we've all noticed that. Something about not having much melanin in the skin and the sun just eats it up like a hot fudge sundae.

paulorenzo
07-01-2012, 08:19 AM

i doubt that's the point he or she is trying to make. being out in the sun is damaging to the skin and accelerates the aging of the skin, thus giving one an older appearance.

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 08:43 AM

playing in the sunt is the thing i like most because it tires my opponents faster than me, somehow i just love the huge heat and feeling like throwing up after every sprint. Real men tennis!

bhallic24
07-01-2012, 08:47 AM

Yea, the sun is brutal. That's why I love Night Tennis. It reminds me of the US Open Night Matches under the lights. Truely FAb.

kishnabe
07-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Facial hair can add years (up to 10 or even 20 or more years) to a man's look.

Very true.

I look 16 without my beard. With the beard I look 40.

Del Potro with his facial hair looks more like 26....even though he is 23.

I don't think he looks 33. Usually 33 your hair is thinning, or there some looseness to the skin. Delpo still looks damm young still.

hedera
07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Can certain substances make you look older? Sam Stosur, for example, is way too ripped for a woman and she looks old.

*Val*
07-01-2012, 02:14 PM

Uhh... no they don't

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I actually think Delpo's looks have improved over the last few years. he looked like a caveman when he first came on the scene with his long hair and such. All he was missing to complete the look was a club and a woman to drag around behind him by her hair.

ruerooo
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM

I think it's the sun too.

I think DelPo looks fine, though.
:twisted:

Bjorn99
07-01-2012, 03:48 PM
They look a LOT younger in person. Celluloid ages the crap out of you.

TopFH
07-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I actually think Delpo's looks have improved over the last few years. he looked like a caveman when he first came on the scene with his long hair and such. All he was missing to complete the look was a club and a woman to drag around behind him by her hair.

Nadal gave off the same impression before. Both are more refined now.

Wuppy
07-01-2012, 05:00 PM
I agree that they all look quite old. Even my girlfriend said so, and she doesn't even know these people. She thought Federer was 40.

DRII
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
is the one who suffers.

So you're saying: Black don't crack...?

Hood_Man
07-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Some facial characteristics like having a broad strong jaw, a big forehead, big nose, deep set eyes and big eyebrows etc can make you look older naturally.

Whereas slightly puffy cheeks, a thin nose that curls up slightly at the tip, and a narrow jaw make you look younger.

Del Potro has a few of the older face characteristics (nose, eyes/eyebrows), and as others have said when you add facial hair you add even more years.

cc0509
07-01-2012, 07:05 PM

It is true, most of the tennis players look older than their actual age, it is the sun exposure.

cc0509
07-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by TTMR

Uhh... no they don't

Yes they do! All of those guys look older than their actual age. It is all of the sun exposure. Nothing ages skin worse than the sun. True story.

cc0509
07-01-2012, 08:33 PM

LOL Clarky! I don't think Del Potro's looks have improved at all. He still looks like a big hairy rodent. :)

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 08:35 PM
LOL Clarky! I don't think Del Potro's looks have improved at all. He still looks like a big hairy rodent. :)

Yeah,he's still not what I consider good looking,but I think cutting his hair did wonders for him,and did help to clean him up a bit. He still looks like sasquatch though. Lol.

cc0509
07-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah,he's still not what I consider good looking,but I think cutting his hair did wonders for him,and did help to clean him up a bit. He still looks like sasquatch though. Lol.

Ha, ha. Yeah, he is no raving beauty that is for sure.

nickarnold2000
07-01-2012, 08:51 PM
It is true, most of the tennis players look older than their actual age, it is the sun exposure.
For us amateurs, a good breathable hat, sport sunblock and tennis sunglasses(ie. Bolle) will help us all keep looking younger. :)
I still find it incredible to see people out on a hot sunny day without sunblock or a hat.

hedera
07-01-2012, 11:32 PM

I find Delpo very hot! Yes, he looks as if he's about to turn into a werewolf any second but he's really masculine! He has swagger and I love the way he walks! Lol

kimbahpnam
07-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Hingis didn't age too bad

cc0509
07-02-2012, 01:05 AM
For us amateurs, a good breathable hat, sport sunblock and tennis sunglasses(ie. Bolle) will help us all keep looking younger. :)
I still find it incredible to see people out on a hot sunny day without sunblock or a hat.

But even for these professional tennis players wearing sunblock/hat, etc. is not enough, they still get an abundance of sun exposure and that much sun exposure causes premature aging unfortunately. Every single pro tennis player that I can think of looks older than his/her actual age imo.

cc0509
07-02-2012, 01:06 AM
I find Delpo very hot! Yes, he looks as if he's about to turn into a werewolf any second but he's really masculine! He has swagger and I love the way he walks! Lol

Suit yourself, he is simply not my cuppa tea. :)

Colin
07-02-2012, 01:49 AM
You can look ugly at any age, and the ATP tour is a pretty good example of that.

*Val*
07-02-2012, 07:05 AM
worst thread ever

10is
07-02-2012, 08:23 AM

Exactly! Masculine and "wolfish" is exactly how I would describe him. DelPo's super duper cute! If anyones looks resemble a rodent's, it's definitely Nadal's:

http://web.orange.co.uk/images/ice/quirkies/********nadal_tumblr.jpg

sunof tennis
07-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Delpo at 14:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTkVrlksDus&feature=related

Delpo at 15:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ33ULA3SzE

Accelerated growth???!!!!! Is he a clone of the Big Boss?

I expect him to have gray hair and a mustache by his 30's.

Thanks for the clips. Do you know when he changed his forehand? The 15 year old clip still showed him using a fairly classic take back.

Wuppy
07-02-2012, 09:53 AM
http://web.orange.co.uk/images/ice/quirkies/********nadal_tumblr.jpg

LOL brilliant

cc0509
07-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Exactly! Masculine and "wolfish" is exactly how I would describe him. DelPo's super duper cute! If anyones looks resemble a rodent's, it's definitely Nadal's:

Are you kidding me? Nadal is much better looking than Del Potro is. No contest there. Roddick and Del Potro look like rodents.

Clarky21
07-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Are you kidding me? Nadal is much better looking than Del Potro is. No contest there. Roddick and Del Potro look like rodents.

No kidding. Delpo nor Roddick are anywhere near good looking.

cc0509
07-02-2012, 05:55 PM
No kidding. Delpo nor Roddick are anywhere near good looking.

I don't think so either. Whatever floats one's boat I guess. ;)

Wuppy
07-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Roddick was decent looking when younger.