PDA

View Full Version : The Murray hype growing...

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 06:21 AM
He ain't making the final, could have lost more than 1 set to baghdatis.If he is lucky to make it past Del Potro will get finished by tsonga anyway.

batz
07-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Murray, with his 5-1 head to head, will be extremely lucky to get past Delpo.

But that's all moot anyway - he's got to get past Cilic fisrt.

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 06:32 AM

Del Potro has enough power to hit murray of the court. Wimbledon grass helps Del Potro and so does the british press which hypes Murray to the likes of Nadal, Djokovic, Federer.

Murray is the prototype of a loser, had 3 chaces to win a GS and didn't even take a set.

bullfan
07-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Del Potro has enough power to hit murray of the court. Wimbledon grass helps Del Potro and so does the british press which hypes Murray to the likes of Nadal, Djokovic, Federer.

Murray is the prototype of a loser, had 3 chaces to win a GS and didn't even take a set.

Well, it's the second week of Wimbledon and the courts start playing differently, so there's a certain amount of neutralizing that goes on with the speed of the courts. We'll see how far Murray gets, the bottom half of the draw has all the competition.

There's really not much competition in the top half of the draw. Murray's quarter was definitely twice as hard as the other 3 quarters.

OldFedIsOld
07-01-2012, 08:22 AM

1. Delpo may have the power, but he certainly doesn't have the stamina or footwork to keep up with murray on grass.

2. Murray lost 3 GS finals, 2 to Federer and 1 to Djokovic, who were all playing brilliantly throughout the entire tournament.

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 08:29 AM
1. Delpo may have the power, but he certainly doesn't have the stamina or footwork to keep up with murray on grass.

2. Murray lost 3 GS finals, 2 to Federer and 1 to Djokovic, who were all playing brilliantly throughout the entire tournament.

You don't need footwork when you dictate the play as Rosol showed us.Del Potro can play like Rosol on steroids and Murray for sure ain't the one to stop that.

Mainad
07-01-2012, 08:46 AM
You don't need footwork when you dictate the play as Rosol showed us.Del Potro can play like Rosol on steroids and Murray for sure ain't the one to stop that.

Yawn! H2H: Murray 5 -1 Del Potro! So, of course, Murray has no chance against him, has he? :rolleyes:

And just when is Del Potro going to start playing like Rosol on steroids whenever he comes up against the top 4 players? He choked away a 2 set lead against Fed at RG a few weeks ago. 2009 USO is nearly 3 years ago now!

Let's see how he fares against #6 seed Ferrer, first. Even HE has a 4-2 H2H lead on him!

forzamilan90
07-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Yawn! H2H: Murray 5 -1 Del Potro! So, of course, Murray has no chance against him, has he? :rolleyes:

And just when is Del Potro going to start playing like Rosol on steroids whenever he comes up against the top 4 players? He choked away a 2 set lead against Fed at RG a few weeks ago. 2009 USO is nearly 3 years ago now!

Let's see how he fares against #6 seed Ferrer, first. Even HE has a 4-2 H2H lead on him!

Well to be fair, Murray is not exactly notorious for clutch play (opposite of choke) at Grand Slam level. At least Del Potro has proven that if goes into berserk mode he's damn near unplayable. If they do meet, and Del Potro is slapping the ball silly I like his chances a lot.

bhallic24
07-01-2012, 08:50 AM

lol i like the name Frying PAn Forehand. When I play poorly that's what I feel like I'm doing.

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 08:52 AM
LOL what hype??? Nobody in England likes the chump.

Mainad
07-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Well to be fair, Murray is not exactly notorious for clutch play (opposite of choke) at Grand Slam level.

Murray has been astoundingly consistent at GS level (3 finals, 7 semi-finals). Much more so than Del Potro who has made just 1 GS final, albeit which he won.

At least Del Potro has proven that if goes into berserk mode he's damn near unplayable. If they do meet, and Del Potro is slapping the ball silly I like his chances a lot.

Del Potro has proven he can do this just that ONE time and, as I say, that is nearly 3 years ago now. Given his losing track record against the top 4 ever since that 2009 USO win, it's far from certain that he will be able to repeat the performance. With him, fitness issues are never far from the surface for starters. .

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Sure, but that doesn't exactly mean Murray doesn't have a chance either, does it? Del Potro has proven he can do this just that ONE time and, as I say, that is nearly 3 years ago now.

Given Delpo's losing track record against the top 4 ever since that 2009 USO win, it's far from certain that he will be able to repeat the performance. With him, fitness issues are never far from the surface for starters. .

Del potro and murray didn't play after 2009.

Nadalfan89
07-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Murray will win Wimbledon.

OldFedIsOld
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM

Nice profile pic BTW.

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM

And you were invited to play challengers in Europe, right? :)

Mainad
07-01-2012, 09:05 AM

Well, if there's no hype, what's the problem and why are we having this thread?

And maybe certain English types (like you?) are just jealous because they haven't got any tennis players worth talking about. Unlike Scotland! :)

Mainad
07-01-2012, 09:07 AM

I said after Del Potro's 2009 USO win. They played in the 1st round of the 2009 WTF. Murray won 6-3, 3-6, 6-2!

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Nice profile pic BTW.

Thanks bra.

You know how hard it is to use a mouse for a friggin spray can?!?!

Well, if there's no hype, what's the problem and why are we having this thread?

And maybe certain English types (like you?) are just jealous because they haven't got any tennis players worth talking about. Unlike Scotland! :)

He dates Mr.Blobby and looks like a donkey. Why in the blue hell would I be jealous of that?

BTW, Oliver Golding is the future on British Tennis.

Comprende?

Mainad
07-01-2012, 09:17 AM
He dates Mr.Blobby and looks like a donkey. Why in the blue hell would I be jealous of that?

Ah, personal abuse. The surest signs of plain jealousy when you can't think of anything better to say!

BTW, Oliver Golding is the future on British Tennis.Comprende?

And when Oliver comes up with the goods, I'll be rooting for him. Incidentally, I note he's 18 years and 9 months old now. At that same age, Murray won his first main-tour ATP title! :)

batz
07-01-2012, 09:21 AM

And yet he is 0-5 on fast surfaces - why might this be?

Fedex
07-01-2012, 09:24 AM

Some people saying it looked like he injured his knee or groin.
How did he look to you Batz?
Hope this doesn't hold him back?

batz
07-01-2012, 09:24 AM

Taking class and coherent argument to new heights as ever, eh Bob?

You're nothing buy a Johnny come lately glory hunter - to paraphrase the famous terracing chant - where we you when Noel was sh1t?

Because you certainly weren't posting on here.

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Ah, personal abuse. The surest signs of plain jealousy when you can't think of anything better to say!

Are you okay Morpheus, you can't take the blue pill in the world ahhhh sh** too late.

And when Oliver comes up with the goods, I'll be rooting for him. Incidentally, I note he's 18 years and 9 months old now. At that same age, Murray won his first main-tour ATP title! :)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22705582.jpg

Raid
07-01-2012, 09:28 AM
And you were invited to play challengers in Europe, right? :)

LOL:)

10chars

Fedex
07-01-2012, 09:29 AM

That's right. Murray beat Del Potro 5 out of 6 times before the injury.
Your point?

batz
07-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Are you okay Morpheus, you can't take the blue pill in the world ahhhh sh** too late.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22705582.jpg

That would be funny Bob - if it had anything whatsoever to do with the point Mainad made.

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Taking class and coherent argument to new heights as ever, eh Bob?

You're nothing buy a Johnny come lately glory hunter - to paraphrase the famous terracing chant - where we you when Noel was sh1t?

Because you certainly weren't posting on here.

It seams someone forgot to take their medication today? ;)

Fedex
07-01-2012, 09:34 AM

From seeing what a lot of people were saying who were at the match last night, looks like Murray is injured.
Even allowing for the clutching of groin and knee he sometimes does they say it looked genuine.

batz
07-01-2012, 09:36 AM

And so will I.

The Little Englanders like Bob really are a poisonous lot are they not? Bob's post is most informative - there's clearly one reason and one reason only why Murray gets abuse. I wouldn't mind if their precious football team didn't make Murray look like the epitome of the most mentally strong, clutch slam player ever.

batz
07-01-2012, 09:38 AM
It seams someone forgot to take their medication today? ;)

Ooooh - someone douse me with a bucket of water. Bob's comebacks are just flaming me alive.

So Mr Hunter - did you start supporting Noel when you realised exactly how sh1t the Ingerlund football team were?

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 09:38 AM
And so will I.

The Little Englanders like Bob really are a poisonous lot are they not? Bob's post is most informative - there's clearly one reason and one reason only why Murray gets abuse. I wouldn't mind if their precious football team didn't make Murray look like the epitome of the most mentally strong, clutch slam player ever.

Murray is a loser, 3 slam finals not even a set.

batz
07-01-2012, 09:44 AM

What does that make you then Challenger Dude?

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Ooooh - someone douse me with a bucket of water. Bob's comebacks are just flaming me alive.

So Mr Hunter - did you start supporting Noel when you realised exactly how sh1t the Ingerlund football team were?

No captain, I supported Novak back about hhmmm 2007 when he was kicking a** and taking names, unlike a scrawny little turd who wouldn't know the meaning of "offense" if it was read right in front of him... sir.

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 09:46 AM
What does that make you then Challenger Dude?
i play recreational tennis for fun and health, you got me confused.

And yeah, murray is still a loser.

DavidGarcia
07-01-2012, 09:47 AM
I honestly think he is not good enough to win a Grand Slam but funny things can happen in tennis and not always the best player wins the match!

batz
07-01-2012, 09:50 AM
No captain, I supported Novak back about hhmmm 2007 when he was kicking a** and taking names, unlike a scrawny little turd who wouldn't know the meaning of "offense" if it was read right in front of him... sir.

Really - so how come it took you until he was winning everything in sight before posting on here?

You're a glory hunter who hates Murray because he doesn't love the Ingerlund football team enough.

People can see wha tyou are - there's no need dress it up. If Oli the Ingerlishman was any good you'd drop Noel like a stone.

You're just a tennis version of a Manu fan form Surrey.

batz
07-01-2012, 09:53 AM
i play recreational tennis for fun and health, you got me confused.

And yeah, murray is still a loser.

You, like Bob, have taken cogent argument to a new height on this thread - give yourself an 'I don't care what the data says' badge - it'll lok nice on you.

1-5 Delpo for the win! It's so obvious to those with proper tennis knowledge.

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 09:55 AM
You, like Bob, have taken cogent argument to a new height on this thread - give yourself an 'I don't care what the data says' badge - it'll lok nice on you.

Murray no set in 3 gs final, Del potro won at first try. You know what they say about guyz who lose their first gs final?
They will never be great, and in this case murray is just another loser.

FedererDropShot
07-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Murray no set in 3 gs final, Del potro won at first try. You know what they say about guyz who lose their first gs final?
They will never be great, and in this case murray is just another loser.

Lendl isn't g8?

dayyuuumm..

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Really - so how come it took you until he was winning everything in sight before posting on here?

You're a glory hunter who hates Murray because he doesn't love the Ingerlund football team enough.

People can see wha tyou are - there's no need dress it up. If Oli the Ingerlishman was any good you'd drop Noel like a stone.

You're just a tennis version of a Manu fan form Surrey.

I like you batz, I really do but this, this.. rudeness has to stop my friend.

I will accept your apology in the foreseeable future. :)

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Lendl isn't g8?

dayyuuumm..

ofcourse there are exceptions Lendl, Djokovic and other. But the british loser lost 3 times.

sonicare
07-01-2012, 10:15 AM
LOL

are people actually comparing this whisky drinking scot who couldn't win a set against guys he matches up well against to a grand slam champion who beat nadal and federer back to back?

I thought i had heard everything but this is a little too much

batz
07-01-2012, 10:16 AM
I like you batz, I really do but this, this.. rudeness has to stop my friend.

I will accept your apology in the foreseeable future. :)

That'll be shining bright Bob.

I love it when trolls complain of rudeness - it reminds me of naughty children who 'know their rights' but seem oblivious to their responsibilities or the concept of cause and effect.

batz
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM
ofcourse there are exceptions Lendl, Djokovic and other. But the british loser lost 3 times.

Here's some more data for you to mull over - every loser who lost their first 3 slam finals ended up winning a slam. Every single one.

Larrysümmers
07-01-2012, 10:19 AM
when murray wins he will be knighted. .

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Here's some more data for you to mull over - every loser who lost their first 3 slam finals ended up winning a slam. Every single one.

Sorry mum! Loser Murray becomes first ever player to not win a set in THREE Grand Slam finals after defeat in Melbourne

So who are those and how many sets did they not win?

Mainad
07-01-2012, 10:31 AM

But THREE slam finals! That's TWO more than anybody else ranked #5 and below have ever made and THREE more than any other player on the tour ranked #10 and below with the exception of the slam veterans Roddick, Ferrero and Hewitt who are all now on the point of retiring! That's SOME loser!!!

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 10:33 AM
But THREE slam finals! That's TWO more than anybody else ranked #5 and below have ever made and THREE more than any other player on the tour ranked #10 and below with the exception of the slam veterans Roddick, Ferrero and Hewitt who are all now on the point of retiring! That's SOME loser!!!

1 win more than 3 loses. Del Potro>Murray

Mainad
07-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Sorry mum! Loser Murray becomes first ever player to not win a set in THREE Grand Slam finals after defeat in Melbourne

So who are those and how many sets did they not win?

What about all those other players on the tour who have not made 3 slam finals? Are they even bigger losers?? :)

Sentinel
07-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Tell us when you win a Challenger in Europe or "earn some extra cash" :)

sonicare
07-01-2012, 10:39 AM
To all touting Murrays h2h with del potro,

well ,murray had a h2h advantage over federer too.. Look what happened? LMAO

3-0
3-0

Was only really close to winning 1 set out of the 6 but choked there too. LMAO

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 10:45 AM
LOL

are people actually comparing this whisky drinking scot who couldn't win a set against guys he matches up well against to a grand slam champion who beat nadal and federer back to back?

I thought i had heard everything but this is a little too much

you sound like you're from london!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9uazzs0HY1qazz9d.png

That'll be shining bright Bob.

I love it when trolls complain of rudeness - it reminds me of naughty children who 'know their rights' but seem oblivious to their responsibilities or the concept of cause and effect.

Why u get mad when nobody like Murray? Truth hurts, oui?

http://i.imgur.com/gJkiQ.gif

batz
07-01-2012, 10:45 AM
1 win more than 3 loses. Del Potro>Murray

This is getting quite amusing now.

If we were having the debate about 'whose career achievements are greater' then Delpo's 1 slam > Murray's zero slams (although there are some who would argue otherwise - for the record; I'm not one of them).

But that's not the debate we're having - the debate we're having is about Delpo's relative chances of beating Murray in the 2012 Wimby quarters if they meet - for the purposes of that debate, Delpo's win over Rafa and Roger in Sep 2009 doesn't really tells us much about his chances of beating Murray in July 2012. His 0-5 record v Murray on fast surfaces (including defeats either side of Delpo's USO win) tells is far more about Delpo's chances against Murray than something Delpo didn't do to Murray 3 years ago.

In other words Delpo's 1 slam v Murray's 0 slams doesn't tell us jack about Delpo's chances of beating Murray.

batz
07-01-2012, 10:47 AM
To all touting Murrays h2h with del potro,

well ,murray had a h2h advantage over federer too.. Look what happened? LMAO

3-0
3-0

Was only really close to winning 1 set out of the 6 but choked there too. LMAO

LMAO indeed - Murray has won the only slam match he's played against Delpo.

You win the award for sh1te analogy of the week - yay!

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 10:48 AM
This is getting quite amusing now.

If we were having the debate about 'whose career achievements are greater' then Delpo's 1 slam > Murray's zero slams (although there are some who would argue otherwise - for the record; I'm not one of them).

But that's not the debate we're having - the debate we're having is about Delpo's relative chances of beating Murray in the 2012 Wimby quarters if they meet - for the purposes of that debate, Delpo's win over Rafa and Roger in Sep 2009 doesn't really tells us much about his chances of beating Murray in July 2012. His 0-5 record v Murray on fast surfaces (including defeats either side of Delpo's USO win) tells is far more about Delpo's chances against Murray than something Delpo didn't do to Murray 3 years ago.

In other words Delpo's 1 slam v Murray's 0 slams doesn't tell us jack about Delpo's chances of beating Murray.

Doesn't matter, Del Potro>Murray

Mainad
07-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Why u get mad when nobody like Murray? Truth hurts, oui?

http://i.imgur.com/gJkiQ.gif

Haven't you done your homework yet? Does your mum know you're upstairs messing about on the computer??

batz
07-01-2012, 10:51 AM
you sound like you're from london!

Why u get mad when nobody like Murray? Truth hurts, no?

It was obvious from the lack of support last night that Murray is detested. It's not as if people were cheering him on. Oh wait.

Glory hunter - your posts are becoming more infantile as their desperation increases.

Been supporting Noel since 2007 but only found your way on to here when he was in the middle of the longest winning run ever? Makes perfect sense that.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKb3VOysgGvKqsImM-AAH5JQoJ1XqUTDGAkIJrqYwZoH19iHn7

sonicare
07-01-2012, 10:54 AM
LMAO indeed - Murray has won the only slam match he's played against Delpo.

You win the award for sh1te analogy of the week - yay!

Delpotro has won a slam since then. Murray has gone backwards. Deal with it.

You mad bro?

Murray is a glorified pusher extraordinaire. Will loose to del potro or tsonga.

hes already grabbing his leg and ankle in anticipation for when he has to make up his excuses after he loses and crumbles under the pressure.

come at me bro!!!!

valiant
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Batz, is that you in the pic with Murray ???

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM

You mad bro?

hes already grabbing his leg and ankle in anticipation for when he has to make up his excuses after he loses and crumbles under the pressure.

come at me bro!!!!

As a fellow of our, poster here put it:

May the curch of Murray, and cardinal Batz have mercy on your soul.

batz
07-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Doesn't matter, Del Potro>Murray

Ah - the internet version of putting your fingers in your ears and going 'nanananananananananan'.

Is that what you always do when people point out the facts that reveal the world for how it is, rather than how you want it to be?

Delpo is so much better than Murray that he has never beaten him in 5 attempts on a fast surface. That's total ownage dude - there's no point in me arguing.

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Haven't you done your homework yet? Does your mum know you're upstairs messing about on the computer??

Come on little Jimmy, we don't speak to strangers. Better yet, you shouldn't be on the computer, why are you not in bed Jimmy?!?!.

Back to your room and stay THERE!!!!

Been there, done that... NEXT.

It was obvious from the lack of support last night that Murray is detested. It's not as if people were cheering him on. Oh wait.

Glory hunter - your posts are becoming more infantile as their desperation increases.

Been supporting Noel since 2007 but only found your way on to here when he was in the middle of the longest winning run ever? Makes perfect sense that.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKb3VOysgGvKqsImM-AAH5JQoJ1XqUTDGAkIJrqYwZoH19iHn7

LOL says the Murrayturd. :lol:

rainingaces
07-01-2012, 11:02 AM

You forget delpo was injured against fed and out for a year after his us open win.

ZeroSkid
07-01-2012, 11:03 AM

This comment pretty much shows everyone you know nothing about tennis, after 2009 Delpo got injured so why the hell would it matter if Murray played him after 2009

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 11:03 AM
All the Murrayturds are just ****y because their man can't win a slam yet they call haters "Glory hunters who reek desperation".

Great logic....

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 11:04 AM
This comment pretty much shows everyone you know nothing about tennis, after 2009 Delpo got injured so why the hell would it matter if Murray played him after 2009

because all those murray wins were 3 years ago, things change.

batz
07-01-2012, 11:06 AM

You mad bro?

come at me bro!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha- LEt me get this right; Murray has declined since Sep 2008 but Delpo has been on the rise? Hold on a minute hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahaha. I haven't laughed so much since my Granny caught her tit in the mangle.

I don't care what happens wrt Murray's bowel habits - as long as he doesn't lose to either of them.

There is something hugely funny about people posting that a guy with a combined 10-2 head to head against 2 guys (including a slam win against both of them) will definitely loose (sic) against one of those guys.

Facts and trolls - like oil and water.

batz
07-01-2012, 11:09 AM
because all those murray wins were 3 years ago, things change.

Your faith in Delpo is admirable - but that's all it is; faith.

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Hahahahahahahaha- LEt me get this right; Murray has declined since Sep 2008 but Delpo has been on the rise? Hold on a minute hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahaha. I haven't laughed so much since my Granny caught her tit in the mangle.

I don't care what happens wrt Murray's bowel habits - as long as he doesn't lose to either of them.

There is something hugely funny about people posting that a guy with a combined 10-2 head to head against 2 guys (including a slam win against both of them) will definitely loose (sic) against one of those guys.

Facts and trolls - like oil and water.

Yes, yes, cardinal batz.

batz
07-01-2012, 11:13 AM
All the Murrayturds are just ****y because their man can't win a slam yet they call haters "Glory hunters who reek desperation".

Great logic....

Bob - you are a glory hunter. In the Collins Pictorial Encyclopaedia, where it says 'Glory Hunter', there's a picture of you.

Get on that bandwagon Bob - you'll love the reflected glory.

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Facts and trolls = TheF1Bob and Murrayturds.

Nice talking to ya batz. :)

batz
07-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Yes, yes, cardinal batz.

Oooooooooooooooooh, Cardinal Batz eh? That's got to be the worst insult in the history of teh internetz - I might cry. Does anyone have the number for The Samaritans? (PS Shouldn't it be Pope batz?)

Is ad hom what you normally do once you lose arguments?

rainingaces
07-01-2012, 11:17 AM
I was surprised murray lost sets to karlovic and baghdatis i honestly expected him to blitz through them both, Delpo is way better then those guys. Murray has a game plan for 6 foot 4 plus guys and its defencive, not when he plays his best tennis. Delpo should attack from ball one and own the net not something he is firmilar with but something he managed well last year against nadal.

Against nishikori delpo looked great, not his brilliant best but nearing it, i would say he is 99% back to his best form.

batz
07-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Facts and trolls - TheF1Bob and batz.

Nice talking to ya batz. :)

Are you off to watch the football Bob? I can see you now, sat there with your Spain and Italy tops, swapping them as the scoreline changes whilst saying 'I've been a Spain/Italy fan since the late 90s'.

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Are you off to watch the football Bob? I can see you now sat there with your Spain and Italy tops, swapping them as the scoreline changes whilst saying 'I've been a Spain/Italy fan since the late 90s'.

Are you sure you're from Scotland? You do talk about foreign countries a lot.

Not proud to be Scottish, no? :)

batz
07-01-2012, 11:23 AM

Scottish and British Bob, equally proud of both. That OK with you? Should I be proud of another country - maybe one that's on a winning streak?

rainingaces
07-01-2012, 11:32 AM

Scotlands got alot to be proud of like billy connerley and that film braveheart.

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Scottish and British Bob, equally proud of both. That OK with you? Should I be proud of another country - maybe one that's on a winning streak?

Talk about desperation... Scottish and British you say..... look batz, I know things in Scotland ain't great and being associated with them leaves a bad taste to your mouth, no? England is a great country, it really is and you saying you're British and proud is all good but.... NEWSFLASH you're not english and you'll never will be so this "I'm British, Scotish"... it's not good for ya health mate. Just accept you're Scottish and get on with ya life, savvy?

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

http://integrationtraining.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/england-football1.jpg

kragster
07-01-2012, 11:41 AM
The force is strong with the Murray haters.
I'm not a Murray fan in the least but I don't understand how based on H2Hs he's not the favorite to beat anyone not named Federer or djokovic.

valiant
07-01-2012, 11:45 AM
The force is strong with the Murray haters.

I'm not a Murray fan in the least but I don't understand how based on H2Hs he's not the favorite to beat anyone not named Federer or djokovic.

Its like everytime they play Murray tells himself I can't win coz of the H2H. Also just because he hasn't done it yet doesn't mean he wont ever win.

batz
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Talk about desperation... Scottish and British you say..... look batz, I know things in Scotland ain't great and being associated with them leaves a bad taste to your mouth, no? England is a great country, it really is and you saying you're British and proud is all good but.... NEWSFLASH you're not english and you'll never will be so this "I'm British, Scotish"... it's not good for ya health mate. Just accept you're Scottish and get on with ya life, savvy?

g

Bob - I hate to break it to you mate, but England and Britain are not the same countries, neither are English and British the same nationalities. I make to claim to be English. My passport says I'm British. I served in the British Royal Navy and I pay my taxes to Her Majesty's revenue and Customs. That makes me British.

This is the sort of mistake that might be expected from someone form outside the UK, but for a British person to say this shows your ignorance and bigotry in a truly horrendous light.

Murray might never win a slam - but he's got more chance of doing that than Ingerlund have of winning anything. Even Stevie Wonder can see this is true and it must pain you deeply that this is the case. Which is nice.

batz
07-01-2012, 12:22 PM
The british bossed you around all your life, didn't they have the right to try the bride before she marries, is that still a law?

Seriously - do you get all your history from Hollywood? That has to be the dumbest question I've ever been asked.

And to repeat - England and Britain ARE NOT THE SAME THINGS. All Scots are British, as are all the Welsh, as are all the English (many people from Northern Ireland also consider themselves to be British although technically NI is not part of Great Britain) - and this has been the case for > 300 years.

Can you try and hoist this in before post more embarrassing @rsegravy.

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Bob - I hate to break it to you mate, but England and Britain are not the same countries, neither are English and British the same nationalities. I make to claim to be English. My passport says I'm British. I served in the British Royal Navy and I pay my taxes to Her Majesty's revenue and Customs. That makes me British.

This is the sort of mistake that might be expected from someone form outside the UK, but for a British person to say this shows your ignorance and bigotry in a truly horrendous light.

Murray might never win a slam - but he's got more chance of doing that than Ingerlund have of winning anything. Even Stevie Wonder can see this is true and it must pain you deeply that this is the case. Which is nice.

I don't care about your taxes, being British etc... I do, however, have huge respect for you being in the Navy. Well done to you, need more people like you.

Have a nice evening. :)

Legend of Borg
07-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Cilic and Del Potro will not do anything against Murray. At most they will take a set off.

I expect the push to come to a shove in the semis against Fish/Tsonga.

If he does manage to reach the finals, he will most likely have to face off against one of the two raid bosses to win this thing.

batz
07-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Cilic and Del Potro will not do anything against Murray. At most they will take a set off.

I expect the push to come to a shove in the semis against Fish/Tsonga.

If he does manage to reach the finals, he will most likely have to face off against one of the two raid bosses to win this thing.

At the risk of getting too far ahead of myself, Fish is the only guy in the bottom half to have beaten Murray more than once on a fast surface - in fact he's done it 4 times. I'd rather Murray played Tsonga than Fish (assuming he has the good fortune to make it that far).

zagor
07-01-2012, 01:46 PM
What a bunch of bigots. Batz, don't take the bait, the mere fact that Murray is still in the tourney and a contender for the title is eating them enough already.

batz
07-01-2012, 01:55 PM
What a bunch of bigots. Batz, don't take the bait, the mere fact that Murray is still in the tourney and a contender for the title is eating them enough already.

You're right Zag - as ever. I'll try and be less reactionary!

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 02:06 PM
You're right Zag - as ever. I'll try and be less reactionary!

now go clean the bathrooms, those marines ate beans for supper.

Russeljones
07-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I am sure this has already been metioned but Delpo is very vulnerable on grass, his movement is awful. Cilic is a different proposition but if Murray doesn't cave in early on I believe he can win comfortably in the end.

The Bawss
07-01-2012, 02:50 PM

http://integrationtraining.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/england-football1.jpg

I thought I might quote this post against as it contains so much of what is the essence of being English: win.

Don't listent o batz, he is butthurt that he has to live in that crappy little country where it's always cold, it rains all the time and where their capital is smaller than my back garden. The butthurt also probably stems from the fact that the only tennis player the country has ever produced is Mugray whereas England has produced classy greats like Tim Henman and Fred Perry.

P.S: England would never have lost 4-0 to Spain. They are way to good for that.