PDA

View Full Version : Shriver: Nadal pulling out short from his bum:Annoying!!!

DoubleDeuce
07-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Sitting with PMc, Gilbert and Evert on ESPN TV, she said that with Gilbert clapping for her!! She said it should be outlawed as annoying to eyes!!!

Muahahahahahaaaaa

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Pam Shriver should be outlawed herself. Her commentary is awful,and she has a old witch face to match. Maybe we need James Blake to tell her off again. She certainly deserves it.

bullfan
07-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Sitting with PMc, Gilbert and Evert on ESPN TV, she said that with Gilbert clapping for her!! She said it should be outlawed as annoying to eyes!!!

Muahahahahahaaaaa

Pam Shriver is soo quick on the uptake, waiting how many years to notice this! Let's face it, Rafa has very OCD tendencies on court. He's by no means the only player to have OCD tendencies, but one of the most predictable.

I'm surprised that yet another thread needs to be started about Rafa's "famous ***".

stringertom
07-01-2012, 07:03 AM
My, how current of her! Many of us have been offended by his tic(kling) since '05.

Gorecki
07-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Pam Shriver is soo quick on the uptake, waiting how many years to notice this! Let's face it, Rafa has very OCD tendencies on court. He's by no means the only player to have OCD tendencies, but one of the most predictable.

I'm surprised that yet another thread needs to be started about Rafa's "famous ***".

funny. i thought it was Wolfman Jack who was...

forzamilan90
07-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Better late than never

Nadalfan89
07-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Pam Shriver is possibly the most incompetent sports commentator in the world.

Never before has a commentator been so abrasive that an athlete told him/her off WHILE IN A MATCH.

TheF1Bob
07-01-2012, 07:57 AM

Muahahahahahaaaaa

GREAT when do we ship the ******s then?

SwankPeRFection
07-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Abrasive is good. I'd rather have that than someone who's always fronting on the humble pollite side of things until they're losing and then act all childish. (i.e. Rafa)

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Abrasive is good. I'd rather have that than someone who's always fronting on the humble pollite side of things until they're losing and then act all childish. (i.e. Rafa)

Does your view include people who would be the same way with Fed?

Nadalfan89
07-01-2012, 08:06 AM

Act all childish?

Federer cries when he wins AND when he loses. The guy wore a golden "15" that was made before he even won the 15th GS and constantly gives ridiculously backhanded compliments that Fed fans seem to ignore.

Don't throw rocks in a glass house.

SwankPeRFection
07-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Does your view include people who would be the same way with Fed?

Absolutely. It would be about anyone really. If I agree with the abrasive attitude or say of somone, then it doesn't matter who the receiver is. Fact is, Nadal bugs me with his time wasting. Other things I like about him, but not once would I be scared to tell it to his face if he could respect an opinion. Then there are things that Roger can't do right and I would tell him the same thing.

As for the crying... meh, if you want to cry, go for it. I probably wouldn't cry if I won a major or any kind of tour final, but that's me. I'd be happy as heck, but I most likely wouldn't cry. I don't cry when I'm happy. Some people do... maybe Fed is like that. We all know he has a shy and sesitive natural demeanor. That's probably why he cries. I'm pretty sure he won't cry if you stole his lollipop, so no, he's not being childish when he cries, lol.

mcenroefan
07-01-2012, 08:45 AM
As one astute Nadal fan observed several days ago, the journalists are ever so subtly starting to turn a bit on Nadal. It happened to Fed as well...when you fall a bit, the false adulation disappears and people start saying what they are really thinking.

paulorenzo
07-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Act all childish?

Federer cries when he wins AND when he loses. The guy wore a golden "15" that was made before he even won the 15th GS and constantly gives ridiculously backhanded compliments that Fed fans seem to ignore.

Don't throw rocks in a glass house.

nike does that marketing hype all the time. nadal gets a shoe made specifically for the late rounds of roland garros the year in which he falls short?

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/nike-rafa-ballistecs09d.jpg?w=450

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 09:00 AM
nike does that marketing hype all the time. nadal gets a shoe made specifically for the late rounds of roland garros the year in which he falls short?

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/nike-rafa-ballistecs09d.jpg?w=450

This post makes no sense. There are 4 championships on those shoes,and by then he had won 4 RG. If there were a 5th trophy on there what you say would make sense,but there isn't.

And those shoes are hideous,and Nadal's 2009 RG outfit was the ugliest slam kit he has ever worn.

TennisDawg
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM
If annoying is the criteria then Pam Shriver should be outlawed from commentating on tennis! Most irritating commentator of them all, she talks like she won 10 grand slams in her career. "Venus shoul do this, Serena should be in better condition, don't know why Roger is not being more aggressive" It's annoying that she was inducted into the Tennis hall of fame, now that's annoying.
3 commentators that should go out to pasture, Shriver-Carillo-Dick Endberg but I think he may have retired as a commentator.

The_Order
07-01-2012, 09:39 AM
This woman is an absolute joke, seriously nobody cares about her so she tries to seek attention. She should stfu with that hideous face of hers.

paulorenzo
07-01-2012, 09:46 AM
This post makes no sense. There are 4 championships on those shoes,and by then he had won 4 RG. If there were a 5th trophy on there what you say would make sense,but there isn't.

And those shoes are hideous,and Nadal's 2009 RG outfit was the ugliest slam kit he has ever worn.

i was replying to a post stating that federer had a jacket made prior to winning his 15th major.

i was merely shedding light on nike's marketing hype by showing they did something very similar for rafa, which was making something for him to wear prior to getting the result. although he was wearing a different colorway throughout the first few rounds, he was supposed to wear the turqoise/pink 1.3s when he got to the semifinal/final of the FO. instead, he was ousted in the 4th.

can you draw similarities now? it's not like federer had the 15 monogrammed on the jacket he wore throughout the tourney, he only put it on afterwards.

kishnabe
07-01-2012, 10:07 AM
i was replying to a post stating that federer had a jacket made prior to winning his 15th major.

i was merely shedding light on nike's marketing hype by showing they did something very similar for rafa, which was making something for him to wear prior to getting the result. although he was wearing a different colorway throughout the first few rounds, he was supposed to wear the turqoise/pink 1.3s when he got to the semifinal/final of the FO. instead, he was ousted in the 4th.

can you draw similarities now? it's not like federer had the 15 monogrammed on the jacket he wore throughout the tourney, he only put it on afterwards.

They gave it to him after he won Championship point. It not like he had it with him all along.

Though Nike should not have done that.....that was disrespectful to Roddick!

DoubleDeuce
07-01-2012, 10:11 AM
I didnt say it's news. I found it funny that they talked about it on tv.

And you guys dont quite understand TV. This was pre arranged by ESPN. If you watched at the same time that Shriver was saying those words they were shoing close ups of Nadal picking his butt.

And, BTW I like the whole ESPN team. They are different from each other and each have good and bad points. Shriver is no exception. I remember at the FO or AO she made Vania King sing by the court side and that was beautiful.

Most of you guys are whiners.

sportsfan1
07-01-2012, 10:21 AM
yeah, what do you expect of a group like Shriver, PMc and Gilbert. Shriver needs to first address the fact that she's equally if not more annoying.
Cahill's commentary is the only one that doesn't grate on the senses.

Nadalfan89
07-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Roddick had to stand there after the most devastating loss in his life and watch Federer parade around in a jacket with a golden 15 on it.

Then in the speech, Fed had the audacity to console Roddick with a "I know the feeling" remark.

Frying Pan Forehand
07-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Roddick had to stand there after the most devastating loss in his life and watch Federer parade around in a jacket with a golden 15 on it.

Then in the speech, Fed had the audacity to console Roddick with a "I know the feeling" remark.

So did you make some extra cash in the challengers in Europe?

anantak2k
07-01-2012, 10:43 AM
They gave it to him after he won Championship point. It not like he had it with him all along.

Though Nike should not have done that.....that was disrespectful to Roddick!

They do that with every sport. They usually have one for both teams. They then donate all the ones they made for the losing team to some country in Africa...

Torres
07-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Pam Shriver should be outlawed herself. Her commentary is awful,and she has a old witch face to match

She is indeed. But she makes a valid point. If all she said was that its 'annoying' then she's being generous to him, because its pretty disgusting, particularly when he sniffs his fingers and then rubs his face afterwards.

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 11:00 AM

No,I still don't get what you're trying to say because the pic you posted has his 4 wins on them(2005,2006,2007,2008),and not a 5th,which is what his winning in 2009 would have been. I have never seen Nadal wear anything that already has a win posted on them for him,or even after the final if he actually did win. Fed had that 15 jacket with him,even though he had not even won the title yet. Nadal has not done that in his entire career that I know of.

WhiskeyEE
07-01-2012, 11:10 AM
She is indeed. But she makes a valid point. If all she said was that its 'annoying' then she's being generous to him, because its pretty disgusting, particularly when he sniffs his fingers and then rubs his face afterwards.

I agree. She was nothing but a lady about it. Just as I've been nothing but a gentleman with what I've said about Rafa. There are much worse things I could say about Rafa than I do. But I choose not to out of respect.

gavna
07-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I didnt say it's news. I found it funny that they talked about it on tv.

And you guys dont quite understand TV. This was pre arranged by ESPN. If you watched at the same time that Shriver was saying those words they were shoing close ups of Nadal picking his butt.

And, BTW I like the whole ESPN team. They are different from each other and each have good and bad points. Shriver is no exception. I remember at the FO or AO she made Vania King sing by the court side and that was beautiful.

Most of you guys are whiners.

You can catch the whole thing on ESPN OTL - the whole discussion (and show today) was about grunting and during the round table you had Gilbert, Evert, Shriver and McEnroe for about 12 min. When Shriver went to the "other" annoying habits ESPN went to the tape and the Rafa butt picking and face touching follow up. Gilberts reaction was classic as was Everts both laughing.....Gilbert almost fell out of his chair. Awesome stuff from all 4 - gotta love Shriver:)

Murrayfan31
07-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Why is she getting hated on for this? She's only speaking the truth. Rafa has nasty habits. I feel sorry for the person having to shake that hand after the match.

MichaelNadal
07-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't even notice it anymore. Anyone that's been watching Rafa all this time that still looks at his *** while he picks it has serious issues.

Murrayfan31
07-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't even notice it anymore. Anyone that's been watching Rafa all this time that still looks at his *** while he picks it has serious issues.
Rafa's got serious issues. The camera has to turn the other way to avoid these disgusting routines Rafa has. We shouldn't have to tune out these habits when watching matches. Rafa needs therapy.

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM

Truth. He's been doing it so long it's like it's become part of the wallpaper or something. I just don't notice it anymore,either.

Gorecki
07-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Truth. He's been doing it so long it's like it's become part of the wallpaper or something. I just don't notice it anymore,either.

i believe it's toilet paper he needs..

valiant
07-01-2012, 02:14 PM

You nearly killed me there :D

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 02:18 PM

And since you're so obsessed with his butt-picking,you should be the first to volunteer to help him with his problem. Seems like you would rather enjoy it considering how much you talk about it.

Gorecki
07-01-2012, 02:22 PM
And since you're so obsessed with his butt-picking,you should be the first to volunteer to help him with his problem. Seems like you would rather enjoy it considering how much you talk about it.

thanks Oprah...

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
thanks Oprah...

You're welcome Dr. Phil.

CCNM
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
The man has money-why can't he get some pants/athletic supporter that fit him????

Crisstti
07-01-2012, 03:38 PM

Rafa actually behaves very well when he loses. For sure better than Fed.

I agree. She was nothing but a lady about it. Just as I've been nothing but a gentleman with what I've said about Rafa. There are much worse things I could say about Rafa than I do. But I choose not to out of respect.

A lady?. I haven't watched it, but someone talking about someone else's ***... and particularly a woman about a man's, isn't quite what I'd call being a lady... Think how it would look if it was a guy talking about a woman.

The man has money-why can't he get some pants/athletic supporter that fit him????

It fits him. It's clearly just compulsive behaviour.

Crisstti
07-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Pam Shriver should be outlawed herself. Her commentary is awful,and she has a old witch face to match. Maybe we need James Blake to tell her off again. She certainly deserves it.

Just watched the video of that, so players can actually hear the commentators? :-?

They should be quieter...

ruerooo
07-01-2012, 03:50 PM

This.

Really, truly, this.

Including Pam.

Some of y'all are ... how do I put it? ... weirdly obsessed.

:?

pame
07-01-2012, 04:58 PM
No,I still don't get what you're trying to say because the pic you posted has his 4 wins on them(2005,2006,2007,2008),and not a 5th,which is what his winning in 2009 would have been. I have never seen Nadal wear anything that already has a win posted on them for him,or even after the final if he actually did win. Fed had that 15 jacket with him,even though he had not even won the title yet. Nadal has not done that in his entire career that I know of.

I'm sure you're not deliberately lying but that's simply not true. The post match video clearly shows a silver-haired guy who runs out to Fed, giving him the jacket just before the presentation ceremony starts.

CDestroyer
07-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Because he is a disgusting human being. Picking of butts, sniffing of fingers, wiping of faces. Whats next putting his fingers in his mouth?

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm sure you're not deliberately lying but that's simply not true. The post match video clearly shows a silver-haired guy who runs out to Fed, giving him the jacket just before the presentation ceremony starts.

He may not have had the jacket directly on him,but what I meant was they had it ready for him after the final. Don't you think even having that jacket at all was a bit presumptuous? He had not won the title yet,and still he had that jacket ready to go.

pame
07-01-2012, 05:11 PM
He may not have had the jacket directly on him,but what I meant was they had it ready for him after the final. Don't you think even having that jacket at all was a bit presumptuous? He had not won the title yet,and still he had that jacket ready to go.

And how does that reflect on Fed, which is what you're really implying. Whether you agree with Nike's marketing strategy, or don't like the company's idea of a milestone marker, it remains Nike's decision and not Federer's.

How do you think Sue Barker knew to ask him about a tiny 15 on the back of the jacket? Because obviously Nike told the broadcast media about it ahead of time in order to milk the most out of it. As a marketing person, it's very easy to see how the company was thinking

Edit: and as someone pointed out earlier, this is not exactly a piece of marketing unknown in other sports and done by Nike and other major sports endorsers

big_bill
07-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Her feminazi b.s. is grating.

813wilson
07-01-2012, 06:42 PM
If annoying is the criteria then Pam Shriver should be outlawed from commentating on tennis! Most irritating commentator of them all, she talks like she won 10 grand slams in her career. "Venus shoul do this, Serena should be in better condition, don't know why Roger is not being more aggressive" It's annoying that she was inducted into the Tennis hall of fame, now that's annoying.
3 commentators that should go out to pasture, Shriver-Carillo-Dick Endberg but I think he may have retired as a commentator.

Please tell me -among tennis commentators, who has won 10 Grand Slams. JMc? Maybe. If you include doubles. But, and I would agree she wasn't the lead in the partnership, look at her GS tally -22.

She has more bona fides than people give her credit for.....

cc0509
07-01-2012, 06:52 PM

Never before has a commentator been so abrasive that an athlete told him/her off WHILE IN A MATCH.

That is why she is still on the air. If she were that bad, and so many people were complaining openly about her, she would be gone.

cc0509
07-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Her feminazi b.s. is grating.

Do you have a mute button, or off button? Use them then.

drakulie
07-01-2012, 07:17 PM

Since you clearly don't know how companies work, and take every opportunity to market themsleves, I'll explain it to you.

Take for example the NFL and two superbowl teams. Both teams already have hats, shirts, etc made out that say, "Superbowl Champions". Same thing with MLB, NBA, etc. Each locker room is also filled with champagne, food, music ready to blast away, etc.

This is called being prepared. Players have no say in the matter.

drakulie
07-01-2012, 07:19 PM
That is why she is still on the air. If she were that bad, and so many people were complaining openly about her, she would be gone.

no, she is still there because she has a vagina (or so we think) and equal rights.

Praetorian
07-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Shriver is just mad that SHE wants to pick his butt, but Rafa has eyes, and feel she's too ugly to let her do it. LOL

Power Player
07-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Since you clearly don't know how companies work, and take every opportunity to market themsleves, I'll explain it to you.

Take for example the NFL and two superbowl teams. Both teams already have hats, shirts, etc made out that say, "Superbowl Champions". Same thing with MLB, NBA, etc. Each locker room is also filled with champagne, food, music ready to blast away, etc.

This is called being prepared. Players have no say in the matter.

Thank you. Some posters here are clueless.

primetennis
07-01-2012, 07:45 PM

seems like u just love his buttpicking habit:lol:

primetennis
07-01-2012, 07:52 PM

oh yeah?? r u roger's assistant and do u carry his bag for him??how do u know all this??the only way to know whether this is true is if roger himself says that's true..so until he says anything about that ,u better keep quiet..typical *******..

Clarky21
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
oh yeah?? r u roger's assistant and do u carry his bag for him??how do u know all this??the only way to know whether this is true is if roger himself says that's true..so until he says anything about that ,u better keep quiet..typical *******..

And how do u no he dint hav it wit em? were u there? :lol:

I would also rather be a typical ******* than a near illiterate *******.

kishnabe
07-01-2012, 08:11 PM

Arrogance is better than Fakeness.

cc0509
07-01-2012, 08:14 PM
no, she is still there because she has a vagina (or so we think) and equal rights.

Nope, you have it backwards. It is the men who continue to be outrageously bad but no matter what they say or do, they stay on. Why? Because it is an old boys network in the sports/entertainment business who still run the show. The women on tv are judged more harshly and would be gone a lot quicker for doing something a lot less annoying than most of the men on these shows. True story.
There are plenty of women who would be willing to take Pam Shriver's place on ESPN and if ESPN were receiving so many complaints about Shriver, she would be gone. There must be people who like her out there. I am neutral about her.
Chris Fowler annoys me a lot more than Shriver.

Tennis_Hands
07-01-2012, 08:19 PM

Why? Is butt-picking a sport?

drakulie
07-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Nope, you have it backwards. It is the men who continue to be outrageously bad but no matter what they say or do, they stay on.

Sorry, but YOU have it backwards. Although I agree that many of the men are bad, they are nowehere near as bad as Shiver, Carillo, Evert, Navratilova, or Fernandez. Anybody who is standing next to a court and talking so loud during a point that it is interrupting a player is a moron. More-over, that same moron, after being told to be quiet, continued speaking and had the arrogance of saying if said player would focus more on his game, and worry less about her, he would be playing better.

This has happened more than once, and many players have complained to the network.

Cahill, Courier, Drysdale to name a few are very good, and run cricles around these dimwits who only know how to talk about how the Williams sisters.

roysid
07-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I won't say it should be banned. Its definitely irritating to tv and viewers.
But it also says that Uncle Toni abused a kid so much(i.e make him do the hard work again and again) that he became habituated to useless things.

Tennis_Hands
07-01-2012, 08:27 PM
A lady?. I haven't watched it, but someone talking about someone else's ***... and particularly a woman about a man's, isn't quite what I'd call being a lady... Think how it would look if it was a guy talking about a woman.

Get out of the 16th century. A lady certainly would have the right to voice her concerns about someone's improper behaviour.

Not that a proper gentleman would prompt such comments with his behaviour. But we know that already, don't we?

cc0509
07-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Sorry, but YOU have it backwards. Although I agree that many of the men are bad, they are nowehere near as bad as Shiver, Carillo, Evert, Navratilova, or Fernandez.

Cahill, Courier, Drysdale to name a few are very good, and run cricles around these dimwits who only know how to talk about how the Williams sisters.

No, sorry I don't agree with you.

I can't stand Navratilova and don't love Carillo but Shriver, Evert and Fernandez are ok to me and they are certainly no more annoying than Fowler, Gilbert, etc.
Fowler is the worst tennis commentator ever imo. Just awful. Justin Gimelstob is also terrible as is Jon Wertheim (he should not be on tv and stick to writing where you can't see or hear him.) Cahill and Patrick McEnroe are ok imo. Oh, another one that is simply awful is Ted "bug eyes" Robinson. Who could be worse than he is(besides Fowler?)

SwankPeRFection
07-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Ya cuz TT members don't do the same thing. :rolleyes:

Give me a break. It's easy to say stuff that people should do when you're watching. It's a bit harder to actually implement what you say. We're all guilty of that.

drakulie
07-01-2012, 08:35 PM
No, sorry I don't agree with you.

Right, so you think it is okay for her to interrupt and disrespect a tennis player during a tennis match with her dribble and stupidity after being told to be quiet. :roll:

cc0509
07-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Right, so you think it is okay for her to interrupt and disrespect a tennis player during a tennis match with her dribble and stupidity after being told to be quiet. :roll:

No, I never said Shriver was perfect but I don't hate her and for me Fowler is more annoying. I guess it is all a very personal and subjective thing.

primetennis
07-01-2012, 08:40 PM

i dint say anythin abt his jacket..u were the one who said that he had it..if i say that nadal had a jacket already of number '3' during wimby 2011,u wudnt knw whether he dint hv too?that doesnt mean i wud b right..the same goes here..doesnt make u right..
thats y i always say.. typical *******s like u..they just are so far away from logic..

primetennis
07-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I won't say it should be banned. Its definitely irritating to tv and viewers.
But it also says that Uncle Toni abused a kid so much(i.e make him do the hard work again and again) that he became habituated to useless things.

lolzz..that is hilarious!!!

drakulie
07-01-2012, 08:48 PM
No, I never said Shriver was perfect but I don't hate her and for me Fowler is more annoying. I guess it is all a very personal and subjective thing.

Yes, because Fowler has actually repeatedly interrupted a tennis match, and actually gotten into a bickering contest with the player during the match. :roll:

Nothing Fowler has said or done during his career of covering tennis will be anywhere near as stupid, arrogant, or selfish as what Shiver has done, not once, but several times.

Just to let you know, since you obviously have no clue,,,,,,, if a fan is asked to be quiet, and contiues to disrupt play they are escorted out, which is exaclty what should have happened to Shiver. She didn't even have the common sense to lower her voice or apologize, she is that effen stupid and horrible as a commentator.

SwankPeRFection
07-01-2012, 08:48 PM

Where's that picture of Nadal wearing a jacket with a big ol #1 on the back that he wore when he got that ranking a couple of years ago when you need it?

Sentinel
07-01-2012, 10:14 PM

I know, if Nadal had said the same thing it would have been so humble of him and he would have been elevated to God status with a demand for statues of him to be built at every tennis venue in the world :D

Crisstti
07-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Get out of the 16th century. A lady certainly would have the right to voice her concerns about someone's improper behaviour.

Not that a proper gentleman would prompt such comments with his behaviour. But we know that already, don't we?

It's OK, I wouldn't expect you to understand that kind of thing.

TheTruth
07-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who listens to Shriver. She just strikes me as a very unhappy person. Always.

paulorenzo
07-02-2012, 12:00 AM

i wasn't referring to the 4 titles on the shoe. i was always aware that rafa only had 4 RGs coming into 09. i never mentioned anything about the flaming tennisballs that represented nadal's RG titles. i see what you're getting at, but that wasn't the original point i was making.

i was referring to the shoe being a special edition colorway, that differed from the dark blue/pink 1.3s rafa wore in the beginning rounds, made specifically for nadal to wear in the final of RG if he were to get that far—much like how roger's jacket was a special edition jacket specifically for federer to wear if he were to break sampras's record. federer winning his 15th major at wimby that year was not guaranteed. rafa getting to the final of RG that year was not gauranteed. but in both cases nike manufactured the items in question in case federer/rafa were able to get the desired result. this is the correlation i was making. it just so happens that fed was able to wear his jacket, but nadal wasn't able to wear his shoe.

to play devil's advocate, nike made that jacket for federer, thus making it seem like he's a lock for breaking the record. it's the same as having nike make a shoe specifically for the finals, it would be saying nadal is surely going to get past the semis and a lock for the final. if rafa made the finals, he would have shown up in those special edition final shoes, much in the same way that fed had the jacket after breaking pete.

i must say again that this is most likely nike's marketing at work rather than fed or rafa's need to gloat or publicize their achievements, after all breaking the all time record got a good bit of media cover/hype back when it happened. perhaps nike will have rafa in a jacket with 17 on it one day. who knows, i wouldnt put it past nike.

cc0509
07-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Yes, because Fowler has actually repeatedly interrupted a tennis match, and actually gotten into a bickering contest with the player during the match. :roll:

Nothing Fowler has said or done during his career of covering tennis will be anywhere near as stupid, arrogant, or selfish as what Shiver has done, not once, but several times.

Just to let you know, since you obviously have no clue,,,,,,, if a fan is asked to be quiet, and contiues to disrupt play they are escorted out, which is exaclty what should have happened to Shiver. She didn't even have the common sense to lower her voice or apologize, she is that effen stupid and horrible as a commentator.

Look, what is your problem? You may think that Shriver is worse than Fowler and that is your right, but I don't agree with you, is that ok with you? :rolleyes:

As I said before, I never said Shriver is perfect, far from it, but to me, Fowler is the worst tennis commentator I have ever heard and everything he says pretty much annoys me. There is no right or wrong here, just different opinions. Got it? Good. ;)

Tennis_Hands
07-02-2012, 01:26 AM
It's OK, I wouldn't expect you to understand that kind of thing.

Crisstti, copying me, of all people, will not help you come across as intelligent. :roll: You have proven, time and again, that you are far from the virtues, that make one woman a lady, so pretending to know a thing about this, just because you are a woman won't cut it. I will leave the matter at that.

bullfan
07-02-2012, 06:52 AM

Before any finals for sports teams there's victory shirts made, it was not presumptuous at all for it to be brought out before had. The team lockeroom is set up for a celebration if it looks like the team will win. Shirts are brought onto the field during the ceremony phase. Not abnormal at all.

jorel
07-02-2012, 06:53 AM
today she complained about serenas dress being too short as MJ quickly tried to change the subject

beast of mallorca
07-02-2012, 07:01 AM

PLEASE include CHRIS EVERT there!!!...............she's worse than Shriver and Carillo combined !

Crisstti
07-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Crisstti, copying me, of all people, will not help you come across as intelligent. :roll: You have proven, time and again, that you are far from the virtues, that make one woman a lady, so pretending to know a thing about this, just because you are a woman won't cut it. I will leave the matter at that.

I'm not saying I know because I'm a woman. But I'm going to stop wasting time on you.

Before any finals for sports teams there's victory shirts made, it was not presumptuous at all for it to be brought out before had. The team lockeroom is set up for a celebration if it looks like the team will win. Shirts are brought onto the field during the ceremony phase. Not abnormal at all.

Yeah, it's common. I don't know if it's common on tennis though, on team spots it's done all the time.

drakulie
07-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Look, what is your problem? You may think that Shriver is worse than Fowler and that is your right, but I don't agree with you, is that ok with you? :rolleyes:

As I said before, I never said Shriver is perfect, far from it, but to me, Fowler is the worst tennis commentator I have ever heard and everything he says pretty much annoys me. There is no right or wrong here, just different opinions. Got it? Good. ;)

and like I said, Shiver, compared to Fowler is an idiot who doesn't know when to shut the F up.

Again, tell me of one instance where Fowler has gotten into a debate with a tennis player in the middle of a match, thus interrupting play, and the player having to ask him to shut up?

Tar Heel Tennis
07-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Chris Fowler annoys me a lot more than Shriver.

QFT times ten

Tennis_Hands
07-02-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm not saying I know because I'm a woman.

That leaves us with the option of you being close to the virtues of a lady.

:roll:

But I'm going to stop wasting time on you.

By all means, please do! And not only in this thread.

The_Question
07-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Again, tell me of one instance where Fowler has gotten into a debate with a tennis player in the middle of a match, thus interrupting play, and the player having to ask him to shut up?

That's almost impossible to find such incident, as Fowler is usually assigned behind the desk or in the booth. However, I think the only recently courtside he did was in Australian Open, earlier this year, a night match, I believe. And he was quiet as a corpse...

Any case, watching ******* fan, e.g. nadalfan89, defending their hero/idol with any means possible is priceless, hahaha!

TheTruth
07-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry, but YOU have it backwards. Although I agree that many of the men are bad, they are nowehere near as bad as Shiver, Carillo, Evert, Navratilova, or Fernandez. Anybody who is standing next to a court and talking so loud during a point that it is interrupting a player is a moron. More-over, that same moron, after being told to be quiet, continued speaking and had the arrogance of saying if said player would focus more on his game, and worry less about her, he would be playing better.

This has happened more than once, and many players have complained to the network.

I have to agree. There is no excuse for Pam's behavior and commentary. That debacle during the Blake match was horrendous. Sadly, she isn't even embarrassed. She just keeps spewing the same vitriol against players nonstop.

I can't choose between her and Carillo though, both are equally annoying, too much so to say anything about anybody, ever.

cc0509
07-02-2012, 05:34 PM
and like I said, Shiver, compared to Fowler is an idiot who doesn't know when to shut the F up.

Fowler has not been involved in a debate with a player in the middle of the match but he has his own annoying habits which to me overall are worse than Pam Shriver's. I don't particularly like Shriver and I do find her annoying at times, but, Fowler is more annoying to me. All he does is repeat comments that other commentators have mentioned before and he consistently defers to the other commentators. At least Shriver has her own mind and states her own thoughts rather than regurgitate what others say.

Stop trying to act superior here. These are just individual opinions and there is no right or wrong.

cc0509
07-02-2012, 05:37 PM
QFT times ten

It is all up to individual interpretation. There can never be total agreement on this issue just as there are various opinions about who is the most handsome male player or prettiest female player.

BigGriff
07-02-2012, 05:39 PM

I agree Drak. With the exception of a few ESPN commentators they are F'ing clueless. They spend more time analyzing everything but the game. I been streaming the matches on line and hooking the HDMI cable up to my TV so I can avoid the usual ESPN commentators.

Mary Carillo - Worst ever; I swear she gets wasted and gets on the mic

Pam Shriver - Hippy Stoner; Wannabe; never provides insight or statistical basis for anything. It's usually BS, weather from the court, comments about grunting, and player actions.

Watch the matches on mute.

Crisstti
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I have to agree. There is no excuse for Pam's behavior and commentary. That debacle during the Blake match was horrendous. Sadly, she isn't even embarrassed. She just keeps spewing the same vitriol against players nonstop.

I can't choose between her and Carillo though, both are equally annoying, too much so to say anything about anybody, ever.

I can't believe that actually happened, lol. Could the player in such a situation ask the umpire to have the commentator removed?.

THUNDERVOLLEY
07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Shriver: Nadal pulling out short from his bum:Annoying!!!

Muahahahahahaaaaa

Endless tennis topics to discuss, and Shriver focuses on Nadal's *** digging.

Something does not smell right about that.

Rippy
07-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Endless tennis topics to discuss, and Shriver focuses on Nadal's *** digging.

Something does not smell right about that.

Probably Nadal's fingers.

Clarky21
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM

How do you know? Have you sniffed them to find out?

BigGriff
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM

Shriver should lick them

Emet74
07-02-2012, 07:33 PM

Will we ever hear the end of this?
Roger said the jacket was a total surprise, it was made for him by Nike without his knowledge in case he won. So if anyone was presumptuous it was Nike - oh the horror . . .

--

As for the commentator issue, I'm not gonna defend Pam Shriver esp for the Blake episode, but Fowler for sure has my undying disrespect.

One incident I never forgot:

During the 2011 while interviewing Rafa, he asked Rafa how felt about the fact that Fed had openly admitted that he'd hired Annacone in order to try to beat Rafa. Only problem was of course that Fed never said that. When confronted on twitter, Fowler had the following response:

"http://twitter.com/cbfowler

@evietoo . Fed wouldn't exactly admit it. but a big part of Roger hiring Paul was to bring new ideas vs Rafa. believe it. see London final? "

So he admitted he'd just made this up, but didn't even deign to apologize for misleading his viewers.

Disgusting, bottom-feeding, troll-level stuff.

Us *******s never forgive :)

Clarky21
07-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Will we ever hear the end of this?
Roger said the jacket was a total surprise, it was made for him by Nike without his knowledge in case he won. So if anyone was presumptuous it was Nike - oh the horror . . .

--

As for the commentator issue, I'm not gonna defend Pam Shriver esp for the Blake episode, but Fowler for sure has my undying disrespect.

One incident I never forgot:

During the 2011 while interviewing Rafa, he asked Rafa how felt about the fact that Fed had openly admitted that he'd hired Annacone in order to try to beat Rafa. Only problem was of course that Fed never said that. When confronted on twitter, Fowler had the following response:

"http://twitter.com/cbfowler

@evietoo . Fed wouldn't exactly admit it. but a big part of Roger hiring Paul was to bring new ideas vs Rafa. believe it. see London final? "

So he admitted he'd just made this up, but didn't even deign to apologize for misleading his viewers.

Disgusting, bottom-feeding, troll-level stuff.

Us *******s never forgive :)

What if Nadal had done the same thing at RG this year? He would get even more sh*t piled on him than he already does from the ravenous *******s on here. The amount of total outrage would probably do the TT server in for good.

Wolfman Jack
07-02-2012, 08:01 PM
funny. i thought it was Wolfman Jack who was...
Dear friend,

Your courage is very much appreciated. I see you have recovered quite soon from Spain's success in Euro 2012. :)

How is Ronaldo doing? Pampering him, are you? :twisted:

How's that for being quick on the uptake?

Wolfman Jack
07-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I have the feeling he'd do it for free (heck, he might even pay to do it.) :)

And, in a sense, it would be like the Spanish Royal Court circa 1550 all over again.

Cross-court
07-02-2012, 08:19 PM
How do you know? Have you sniffed them to find out?

Europeans are known to be stinky, even the ones who have money and are very "civilized". Nadal comes from some island out there.

If i played nadal i would offer my LEFT hand, screw shaking his right. "Maldito chancho! Dame la mano izquierda!"

Wolfman Jack
07-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Europeans are known to be stinky, even the ones who have money and are very "civilized". Nadal comes from some island out there.

If i played nadal i would offer my LEFT hand, screw shaking his right. "Maldito chancho! Dame la mano izquierda!"
Well, I am American and I have been to Spain, France and Portugal.

Spaniards are definitely neat people, and I can't comment on the French or Portuguese since I was only there for a couple of days, so my experience there is anecdotal. If anything, I have the feeling the Portuguese are marginally cleaner than some French people.

But to claim that Americans are cleaner than either of those is... Let's just say outrageous. I am American, but the truth is that (despite the supposed habit of frequent showers) some of the most evil smells I have ever experienced were in American public transportation.

And, to paraphrase the famous sentence from one of South Park's episodes, "Statistically speaking, the most bacteria-ridden place on the planet is the mouth of an American woman!"

OldFedIsOld
07-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh god, as soon as I log into TT I see "Shriver: Nadal pulling out..." Why is it every time that I log on I see some sexually suggestive titles...

TheTruth
07-02-2012, 10:22 PM
I can't believe that actually happened, lol. Could the player in such a situation ask the umpire to have the commentator removed?.

It didand and it was extremely rude. They were playing in a smaller court and she was relatively close to him. She never apologized (onscreen) or even acted like she cared about her offensive remarks.

Not interested in anything Shriver has to say. She just seems to like to be provocative and create drama.

TennisDawg
07-06-2012, 08:03 PM
PLEASE include CHRIS EVERT there!!!...............she's worse than Shriver and Carillo combined !

The difference between Chrissie and Shriver and Carillo combined is that she actually was a great player in her time. I put McEnroe in that category also. They "talked the talk and walked the walk" an overused sports cliche, but nonethless. Shriver's claim to fame was Martina's doubles partner and I believe Carillo played mixed doubles with McEnroe. It's easier to hear commentary and criticism about the players from someone that actually won multiple grand slams.

Also the McEnroe brothers and even Brad Gilbert aren't as abrasive and don't sound like they're ragging on someone when they comment.

smash hit
07-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Why is she getting hated on for this? She's only speaking the truth. Rafa has nasty habits. I feel sorry for the person having to shake that hand after the match.

I would rather shake hands with Rafa than Federer who unless you have never noticed constantly wipes his nose with his fingers. He even does it in interviews. A poster recently wrote, "Federer even manages to look classy when he wipes his nose on his sleeve" Then there was the time when Federer blue his nose into his wristband, I realize it's hard to believe that a wristbands come that large, but yes he did it and then threw the band to an adoring fan, who proceeded to kiss the offending article.Can you imagine the germs on Federer's hands, little wonder diseases like mono do the rounds. Yes, Rafa tugs at his shorts, but that is all he does, any details added to this habit are added by haters.

Dreamcastin
07-07-2012, 02:02 AM
shriver is the worst commentator of ALL sports ive ever watched, let alone tennis. I was laughing so hard the other day, during the pre match bs. She was trying to say something and everyone just ignored her and kept talking. Made my day.:)

Jay_The_Nomad
07-07-2012, 02:14 AM
A cheap shot at federer but it's one of the funnier comments!

I would rather shake hands with Rafa than Federer who unless you have never noticed constantly wipes his nose with his fingers. He even does it in interviews. A poster recently wrote, "Federer even manages to look classy when he wipes his nose on his sleeve" Then there was the time when Federer blue his nose into his wristband, I realize it's hard to believe that a wristbands come that large, but yes he did it and then threw the band to an adoring fan, who proceeded to kiss the offending article.Can you imagine the germs on Federer's hands, little wonder diseases like mono do the rounds. Yes, Rafa tugs at his shorts, but that is all he does, any details added to this habit are added by haters.