PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick retiring ? comments from Tennis channel

Nostradamus
07-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Just saw Martina Navaratilova and Mary Carillo just said "Roddick looks like this is the last Wimbledon" as though he is saying goodbye to wimbledon for the last time. Is Roddick really retiring ?

NadalAgassi
07-01-2012, 07:40 PM
It is pretty much a consensus he will retire at the end of this year, or perhaps more likely right after the U.S Open.

Nostradamus
07-01-2012, 07:44 PM
WHAT ? i thought he said in last interview that he loves tennis too much to retire. and he won a tournament 2 weeks ago

drakulie
07-01-2012, 07:50 PM
they also think poly strings are more powerful than natural gut.

Don't listen to these two guys. They mostly have no clue what they are talking about.

kishnabe
07-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I geuss he likes him commentating job (not tennis :( ).

Hope he doesn't play(not retire) after the US Open....then decides to take a Wildcard in 2013....and wins Goranm style!

kelawai
07-01-2012, 07:53 PM
they also think poly strings are more powerful than natural gut.

Don't listen to these two guys. They mostly have no clue what they are talking about.

That's right. Anyone of us here can talk like them but no ones will listen to us and get paid like them.

Sentinel
07-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Just saw Martina Navaratilova and Mary Carillo just said "Roddick looks like this is the last Wimbledon" as though he is saying goodbye to wimbledon for the last time. Is Roddick really retiring ?
You've misunderstood. She said "the last Wimbledon" not HIS last Wimbledon.

For the intellectually challenged that implies that there will be no more Wimpleduns ever again.

valiant
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM

For the intellectually challenged that implies that there will be no more Wimpleduns ever again.

I feel enlightened :D

TeflonTom
07-01-2012, 11:21 PM
poor post content to username correlation

roysid
07-02-2012, 02:25 AM
It's tough for him to stay in shape and win with his mediocre skills. so may not return back. he himself isn't sure as he told in presser.

Alchemy-Z
07-02-2012, 02:55 AM
I enjoyed his tennis and look forward to hopefully his commentating in the future either way.

joeri888
07-02-2012, 02:57 AM

Correct maya's are correct