PDA

View Full Version : It Seems This Years Mens Final Will Be Played On The Friday.

JAY1
07-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Roger v Novak Wimbledon mens semi-final 6th July 2001 AKA as
WIMBLEDON MENS FINAL 2012.
It's a sad day for mens tennis when not any of the big three are contesting a Grand Slam final.
As a tennis player I want to see as many matches of the big three agaisnt each other in Grand Slam final's before they retire! If not it's a missed opportunity.
You don't remember or Mcenroe v Lewis, Borg v Pecci or Agassi v Clement.
It's the matches between Connors & Borg, Mcenroe & Lendl, Becker & Edberg,
Agassi & Sampras and of course the matches between Roger, Novak & Rafa.....

joeri888
07-02-2012, 12:40 AM
I want others to be part instead of a big 3. delpo wwas great

JustBob
07-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Quite the contrary. A lot of people including myself are getting tired of seeing "the big 3" always in the semis and winning all the slams (what is it? 28 of the last 29?). What I want first and foremost is to see good tennis matches and some variety from time to time. Heck, I wouldn't mind if NONE of "the big 3" made the final for a change.

Do you only watch other sports when the top sportsmen/teams play? If so, you're not truly a fan of these sports.

batz
07-02-2012, 01:21 AM
It's a sad day for mens tennis when not any of the big three are contesting a Grand Slam final. As a tennis player I want to see as many matches of the big three agaisnt each other in Grand Slam final's before they retire! If not it's a missed opportunity.
You don't remember or Mcenroe v Lewis, Borg v Pecci or Agassi v Clement.
It's the matches between Connors & Borg, Mcenroe & Lendl, Becker & Edberg,
Agassi & Sampras and of course the matches between Roger, Novak & Rafa.....

Erm - if Noel plays Roger in the semi then one of the big 3 will be contesting the grand slam final.

Counting not your strong point JAY?

The Bawss
07-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Quite the contrary. A lot of people including myself are getting tired of seeing "the big 3" always in the semis and winning all the slams (what is it? 28 of the last 29?). What I want first and foremost is to see good tennis matches and some variety from time to time. Heck, I wouldn't mind if NONE of "the big 3" made the final for a change.

Do you only watch other sports when the top sportsmen/teams play? If so, you're not truly a fan of these sports.

Alright let's stay calm. The chances are Federer or Djokovic will still win Wimbledon and it will be business as usual.

Sentinel
07-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Erm - if Noel plays Roger in the semi then one of the big 3 will be contesting the grand slam final.

Counting not your strong point JAY?
Maybe Jay is not counting on either of Noel and Fred making it to the semis.

I am confused now, logic not being my strong point.:confused:

p.s. Jay, last years RG final was also played a couple days before, and was a great match, no ?

brickner_damage
07-02-2012, 01:52 AM
I think Tsonga vs Djokovic will be a closer final than Federer vs Djokovic.

batz
07-02-2012, 02:01 AM

p.s. Jay, last years RG final was also played a couple days before, and was a great match, no ?

when his thread starts with:

timnz
07-02-2012, 02:35 AM
I think Tsonga vs Djokovic will be a closer final than Federer vs Djokovic.

I disagree. I dont think federer will beat djokovic easily hence it will be similar to
A match with djokovic and tsonga. Surely you dont believe federer will win easily? ;-)

brickner_damage
07-02-2012, 02:41 AM
I disagree. I dont think federer will beat djokovic easily hence it will be similar to
A match with djokovic and tsonga. Surely you dont believe federer will win easily? ;-)

I think Djokovic will beat Federer in 3. And I think Djokovic is the favorite vs Tsonga but you just never know which Tsonga will show up, and if the ultra-aggressive and skillful Tsonga shows up you never know..(and I'm not saying Tsonga is a lock to make the final, because like I said you never know which Tsonga will show up)

JAY1
07-02-2012, 05:40 AM

It was meant to say two not any as in 'two of the big three'.
Thank you to batz for being the one to point out a mistake as ever. It's really hard to work out who folk are behind their user name, but I get the impression everyone know's what Batz is like, am I right?