PDA

View Full Version : Federer's back to excuses?

jackson vile
07-03-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm as tired of hearing about Federer's back as I am about Nadal's knees. I'm starting to believe that these two guys have the same PR manager.

But seriously, if Federer loses are we going to hear more about the chronic back injury again?

The other disgusting part is that we almost only hear these consistent excuses exclusively from the top players. If the injury is not that bad, don't bring it up, don't take an MTO, don't stop play, don't talk about it...

This back excuse was first used when he was 26 or 27, will he at least get over it like Nadal did his knees?

tennis_pro
07-03-2012, 06:44 AM
5 star thread, bro.

Frying Pan Forehand
07-03-2012, 06:54 AM
I'm as tired of hearing about Federer's back as I am about Nadal's knees. I'm starting to believe that these two guys have the same PR manager.

But seriously, if Federer loses are we going to hear more about the chronic back injury again?

The other disgusting part is that we almost only hear these consistent excuses exclusively from the top players. If the injury is not that bad, don't bring it up, don't take an MTO, don't stop play, don't talk about it...

but will it blend?

guitarplayer
07-03-2012, 06:58 AM
What a dumb thread.

Cup8489
07-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Lolville makes dumb threads alot.. This is total crap. So no one is allowed to be injured ever, then?

Djokovic better withdraw, that kinesio tape on his elbow is obviously signs of an injury, and since he's showing that he's injured, he should be ridiculed as well.

edberg505
07-03-2012, 07:06 AM

Well, thanks for clearing that up Mr. Sore throat!

TigerTim
07-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Djokovic - SARS/Anthrax
Nadal - Knees
Federer - Back
Murray - Teeth
Roddick - hair
Del Potro - Brain

They all have their problems

Cup8489
07-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Djokovic - SARS/Anthrax/sore throat/heat stroke/new racquet/old racquet/new coach/new sponser
Nadal - Knees
Federer - Back
Murray - Teeth
Roddick - hair
Del Potro - Brain

They all have their problems

fixed it for ya.

roysid
07-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Its next to impossible for a player to be injury free. And roger has played for so many years.

Djokovic also had back problems last year

TigerTim
07-03-2012, 07:10 AM
fixed it for ya.

:twisted: thanks ;)

jackson vile
07-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Lolville makes dumb threads alot.. This is total crap. So no one is allowed to be injured ever, then?

Djokovic better withdraw, that kinesio tape on his elbow is obviously signs of an injury, and since he's showing that he's injured, he should be ridiculed as well.

How many times do we have to hear about his back, this is the second or third time just this year isn't it?

It's get tiring hearing all of these excuses.

Cup8489
07-03-2012, 07:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S93YvQiCpE

Cup8489
07-03-2012, 07:14 AM
How many times do we have to hear about his back, this is the second or third time just this year isn't it?

One reason lolville. one reason. Know what that means? he's not faking it, like Chokeovic, he's actually suffering from a real ailment. LOL.

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Federer makes excuses all the time, such as after his Wimbledon 2010 QF loss to Berdych. Nadal, on the other hand, accepts that his opponent played better on the day, and that he will try his best to improve and keep making finals and winning tournaments. This is the reason that Nadal holds many of the most important records in today's game, such as the masters shield record (eclipsing Federer's record at the age of only 26), and will continue to write history by winning several titles 8+ times, possibly 9+ or even 10+, assuming Nadal is able to rack up RG titles into his early 30s.

jackson vile
07-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Federer makes excuses all the time, such as after his Wimbledon 2010 QF loss to Berdych. Nadal, on the other hand, accepts that his opponent played better on the day, and that he will try his best to improve and keep making finals and winning tournaments. This is the reason that Nadal holds many of the most important records in today's game, such as the masters shield record (eclipsing Federer's record at the age of only 26), and will continue to write history by winning several titles 8+ times, possibly 9+ or even 10+, assuming Nadal is able to rack up RG titles into his early 30s.

Last year Federer claimed 5+ injuries, remember the "tired" groin incident? What kind of B.S. is that, how can you say coping out saying you have a tired groin is classy?

How can you harp on other players like Novak, Nadal, and Murray and give Federer a clean pass?

zagor
07-03-2012, 07:19 AM

Yet I've never seen you criticize Nadal in that regard. Stop trying to act like you're neutral LOLville, anyone with a few functioning brain cells knows you're about as far from being neutral as humanly possible and are overall one of the most biased posters here.

Heck you even go as low as to insult most members of Fed's family, it's disgusting and pathetic.

I don't know for sure, what I do know however is that if Fed doesn't lose here at Wimbledon (as small chances as there are of that) he better start beefing up his security.

Right, the last time the guy ask for a MTO was almost 4 years ago, what a terrible sportsman! Heck, he even apologized to Malisse for taking it.

mandy01
07-03-2012, 07:19 AM

Hi ***. Back from hibernation I see. How do you manage to get banned and come back so often? Is it a record you're aiming at?

drakulie
07-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Great job in your consistency of creating one star threads.

Gangsta
07-03-2012, 07:21 AM
If only this was a thread about Nadal's press conference, I would be posting this on the seventh page by now. I am beginning to think *******s are more obsessed about Nadal than even *******s.

zagor
Well, thanks for clearing that up Mr. Sore throat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S93YvQiCpE

One reason lolville. one reason. Know what that means? he's not faking it, like Chokeovic, he's actually suffering from a real ailment. LOL.

This is not about Novak, LOLville is not a fan of Novak and never was one.

And regardless, last time Novak asked for a MTO it was obvious he had a genuine shoulder problem as he was just rolling his 1st serves in.

SystemicAnomaly

Wow. 2 or 3 times this year!!! I don't recall Roger ever calling for a trainer during a match (if it has ever happened, it is extremely rare). Roger has had fewer injuries than Novak, Rafa and the other top players. Or at least, a lot less complaints of injuries than these other guys.

This is a non-issue. Give it up.

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Hi ***. Back from hibernation I see. How do you manage to get banned and come back so often? Is it a record you're aiming at?

Are you talking to me? Is *** an abbreviation for some kind of insult? :???:

The only person aiming at records here is Nadal, who has the chance to build an even stronger case for being the GOAT if Djokovic can raise the slam H2H with Federer to 6-5, beating him in all 4 slams, weakening Federer's status as the GOAT. Assuming Federer will lose to Djokovic or Nadal at the US Open, Federer's slam H2H with Nadal could go to 2-9, or 5-7 with Djokovic. :oops:

zagor
07-03-2012, 07:24 AM

This is the first time he mentioned his back issues this year and unlike you hero who thought his foot was broken at Wimbledon last year (not to mention getting attacked by an evil chair at AO this year) Fed completely downplayed his injury in the interview after the match.

No, you aren't, you just hate Fed's guts.

If only this was a thread about Nadal's press conference, I would be posting this on the seventh page by now. I am beginning to think *******s are more obsessed about Nadal than even *******s.

Right, which is why there's not a single person in this forum who made more threads about Federer than the OP who is a Nadal fan.

RF20Lennon
07-03-2012, 07:29 AM

Nadal doesnt make excuses??? LOLOL good one that guy took a bathroom break to disrupt fed earlier this year at IW he purposely wasted time against Rosol in wimby this year and was complaining about him moving while returning. Nadal is always famous for taking illegal coaching tips from Toni. LOL this guy is the biggest cheat in the men's game and always has some injury everytime he loses lol. Federer lost fair and square to djokovic in the semis of RG but everytime nadal loses its either his knees or family or blah blah blah. When do you ever see fed take a MTO. Didnt take one in 4 years!! so that shows its serious nadal on the other hand takes one almost every tourny talk about faker. He is a phenomenal player but dont talk B.S without knowing facts

zagor
For the Fans of Federer at what point does the back excuses get old?

At the same point that Nadal's knees, pain in famous ***, evil chair, broken foot, altitude, opponent's breathing, heat stroke, injured tummy, shoulder injury, fatigue, virus etc. excuses get old.

Rusty669
Jacksonvile, I am not sure what you are going on about??
Fed won the match, he got the trainer and physio on court for the first time since Shanghai in 2008, and you are seriously saying that Fed is injured often?

Get real mate, I bet you go to the docs more often per year with a slight cold!

mandy01
07-03-2012, 07:30 AM
No that's an abbrevaiation for your name or should I say, one of your names :)

btw: Need I remined you that Roger at 26 never lost to players like Rosol? :) I think I'll let it be seeing as you are rather upset and still recovering from the shock. I'm surprised you didn't jump off a bridge :shock:

RF20Lennon
07-03-2012, 07:30 AM

The only person aiming at records here is Nadal, who has the chance to build an even stronger case for being the GOAT if Djokovic can raise the slam H2H with Federer to 6-5, beating him in all 4 slams, weakening Federer's status as the GOAT. Assuming Federer will lose to Djokovic or Nadal at the US Open, Federer's slam H2H with Nadal could go to 2-9, or 5-7 with Djokovic. :oops:

this guy is far too much of a noob to be *** which is a good thing btw.

TopFH
07-03-2012, 07:31 AM
They go to town every time Nadal or Novak have injuries, but oh no, don't you dare criticize Federer for his back injury that has been used for 3+ years now.

For the Fans of Federer at what point does the back excuses get old? He has been claiming this for over 3 years now, maybe even longer. Yet you criticize Novak, Nadal, and Murray for their injuries.

I guess you did not know Federer was excused of serving the obligatory year in the Swiss Army because of his back problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Federer
http://www.godsofsport.com/biographies/roger-federer/

TMF
07-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Every players have injuries, especially for the older one like Federer. The difference is Nadal have claimed more injuries, and people have doubt his sincere(e.g. PMac believe nadal's MTO at the 2010 Wimbledon was a fake).

RF20Lennon
07-03-2012, 07:34 AM
I guess you did not know Federer was excused of serving the obligatory year in the Swiss Army because of his back problems.

LOL these guys dont read anything they just want to bash federer

jackson vile
07-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Wow. 2 or 3 times this year!!! I don't recall Roger ever calling for a trainer during a match (if it has ever happened, it is extremely rare). Roger has had fewer injuries than Novak, Rafa and the other top players. Or at least, a lot less complaints of injuries than these other guys.

This is a non-issue. Give it up.

Wrong! Just last year (2011) Federer claimed 5 or more injuries including the infamous "tired groin" Halle, withdrew Shanghai "injury", claimed injured wrist against Tsonga, had the back excuses yet once again, and the list goes on...

jackson vile
07-03-2012, 07:37 AM

So his back problem is so bad that he could never serve in the Swiss army, however he can play top level tennis with this severe back injury?

Sounds like the greatest cop-out in history, using that excuse to be a draft dodger, now that is low.

RF20Lennon
07-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Wrong! Just last year (2011) Federer claimed 5 or more injuries including the infamous "tired groin" Halle, withdrew Shanghai "injury", claimed injured wrist against Tsonga, had the back excuses yet once again, and the list goes on...

well you do realize that hes in his 30's right? and plus its not like he retired from any match. Djokovic retired from the semis in monte carlo 2008 against fed because of a sore throat!! So he gets tired easily than before now cause hes older

Cup8489
07-03-2012, 07:39 AM

No it doesn't.

RF20Lennon
07-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Let's play a little game, If anyone correctly guesses who this player is he gets a cookie:

2007 AO-pain in famous ***
2007 Wimbledon-knees/fatigue
2007 USO-knees
2008 USO-fatigue(could barely move in his own words)
2009 FO-knees
2009 Wimbledon-knees
2009 USO-torn stomach
2010 AO-knees
2011 AO-muscle tear
2011 Wimbledon-broken foot
2011 USO-shoulder injury

dont forget burned figures in cincy 2011 xD

TMF
07-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Let's play a little game, If anyone correctly guesses who this player is he gets a cookie:

2007 AO-pain in famous ***
2007 Wimbledon-knees/fatigue
2007 USO-knees
2008 USO-fatigue(could barely move in his own words)
2009 FO-knees
2009 Wimbledon-knees
2009 USO-torn stomach
2010 AO-knees
2011 AO-muscle tear
2011 Wimbledon-broken foot
2011 USO-shoulder injury

You only listed his excuses at the slam events, there's more from other events.

Nadal's history of injuries date back in 2005(eg missing The Master Cup).

dudeski
07-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Speaking of excuses, Federer doesn't need one. He is already 4 years past his prime and is expected to lose early in all tournaments. Sampras lost in 2nd round at the same age at 2002 Wimbledon to a 154 ranked player.

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Nadal doesnt make excuses??? LOLOL good one that guy took a bathroom break to disrupt fed earlier this year at IW he purposely wasted time against Rosol in wimby this year and was complaining about him moving while returning. Nadal is always famous for taking illegal coaching tips from Toni. LOL this guy is the biggest cheat in the men's game and always has some injury everytime he loses lol. Federer lost fair and square to djokovic in the semis of RG but everytime nadal loses its either his knees or family or blah blah blah. When do you ever see fed take a MTO. Didnt take one in 4 years!! so that shows its serious nadal on the other hand takes one almost every tourny talk about faker. He is a phenomenal player but dont talk B.S without knowing facts

Federer has been known for being a hot-headed player on tour, smashing racquets repeatedly, and swearing on the court, even having the indecency to tell Djokovic's parents to be quiet. :mad: Nadal on the other hand, has never done anything of the sort. He gives credit to his opponents more often than Federer, and may even get the chance to break Federer's Stefan Edberg Sportmanship Award record if Nadal is able to stay on tour well into his 30s. :shock:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7pYkVtOAa7c/TVBdFEYcJzI/AAAAAAAABuU/L5c4SNrpsqM/s1600/Nadal%2BNamed%2BLaureus%2BWorld%2BSportsman%2BOf%2 BThe%2BYear.jpg

zagor
dont forget burned figures in cincy 2011 xD

I was focusing on slams only, If I included other tourneys my post would take the whole page and probably reach the words per post limit.

SystemicAnomaly

Roger tends to underplay his injuries unlike Rafa, Novak and others. Roger is turning 31 years old next month; this is his 14th year on the pro tour. Most pros start talking about injuries long before their 10th year. Really, you making something out of nothing.

jackson vile
07-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Roger tends to underplay his injuries unlike Rafa, Novak and others. Roger is turning 31 years old next month; this is his 14th year on the pro tour. Most pros start talking about injuries long before their 10th year. Really, you making something out of nothing.

Roger has been using the back excuse for at the very least 3 years now maybe even further. So stop with the excuses for the excuses, unless he was old when he was 26-27 as well?

Again, if you are that injured and it is effecting your play that bad, then don't play! Furthermore, that is the game. You play the hand you are dealt.

RF20Lennon
07-03-2012, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=6-1 6-3 6-0;6688109]Federer has been known for being a hot-headed player on tour, smashing racquets repeatedly, and swearing on the court, even having the indecency to tell Djokovic's parents to be quiet. :mad: Nadal on the other hand, has never done anything of the sort. He gives credit to his opponents more often than Federer, and may even get the chance to break Federer's Stefan Edberg Sportmanship Award record if Nadal is able to stay on tour well into his 30s. :shock:

LOL nadal wont dont worry. novak's parents were annoying like crazy i was was surprised he was nice with them and just told them to be quiet. They deserved to be kicked out of the stadium for that behaviour. Your nadal complains about opponents like crazy like against Rasol that he was moving before returning. He cheats like crazy. He has soooo many rows with umpires than fed does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgYfTmzuYw what do you call this??

RF20Lennon
07-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Roger has been using the back excuse for at the very least 3 years now maybe even further. So stop with the excuses for the excuses, unless he was old when he was 26-27 as well?

Again, if you are that injured and it is effecting your play that bad, then don't play! Furthermore, that is the game. You play the hand you are dealt.

novak has had injuries before and hes played through them so why cant fed and novak has retired in so many matches too fed has never retired once!!

ICanBeSerious
07-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Fed has to work a lot in faking to reach the master:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EkVXvoD76wM#t=159s

jokinla
07-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Federer has been known for being a hot-headed player on tour, smashing racquets repeatedly, and swearing on the court, even having the indecency to tell Djokovic's parents to be quiet. :mad: Nadal on the other hand, has never done anything of the sort. He gives credit to his opponents more often than Federer, and may even get the chance to break Federer's Stefan Edberg Sportmanship Award record if Nadal is able to stay on tour well into his 30s. :shock:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7pYkVtOAa7c/TVBdFEYcJzI/AAAAAAAABuU/L5c4SNrpsqM/s1600/Nadal%2BNamed%2BLaureus%2BWorld%2BSportsman%2BOf%2 BThe%2BYear.jpg

BAHAHA, right kid, Rafa prefers to crash into his opponent at the net.

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-03-2012, 08:10 AM
LOL nadal wont dont worry. novak's parents were annoying like crazy i was was surprised he was nice with them and just told them to be quiet. They deserved to be kicked out of the stadium for that behaviour. Your nadal complains about opponents like crazy like against Rasol that he was moving before returning. He cheats like crazy. He has soooo many rows with umpires than fed does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgYfTmzuYw what do you call this??

No one predicted that Federer would win 16 slams, yet it happened. That's tennis. Rosol was distracting the opponent with his movements, perfectly reasonable grounds for complaint. Federer, on the other hand, smashes his racquets instead. :mad:

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu23/sumanth_m/Federer/RacquetSmash.jpg

RF20Lennon
07-03-2012, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=6-1 6-3 6-0;6688199]No one predicted that Federer would win 16 slams, yet it happened. That's tennis. Rosol was distracting the opponent with his movements, perfectly reasonable grounds for complaint. Federer, on the other hand, smashes his racquets instead. :mad:

nadal buttpicks and wastes time. Even Cahill said it was a stupid reason for nadal to complain about so did Wilander they were like thats perfectly legal hes just moving his feet and getting ready. Stop defending something you know is wrong. Like im not going to defend federer for breaking his racket here because it was wrong so stop being blinded

jokinla
07-03-2012, 08:15 AM

This back excuse was first used when he was 26 or 27, will he at least get over it like Nadal did his knees?

Federer is a distant third in the excuses rankings, far behind Nads and Djoker, get real, and he only got to #3 at age 30, not his mid 20's like the excuse legends, man you need a reality check.

kishnabe
07-03-2012, 08:16 AM
fixed it for ya.

You forgot Contact Lenses :lol:

jackson vile
07-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Federer is a distant third in the excuses rankings, far behind Nads and Djoker, get real, and he only got to #3 at age 30, not his mid 20's like the excuse legends, man you need a reality check.

Yet another excuse, so age is an excusing factor yet once again. And for the last time Federer has been claiming the lame back excuse since age 26-27.

jackson vile
07-03-2012, 08:26 AM
No one predicted that Federer would win 16 slams, yet it happened. That's tennis. Rosol was distracting the opponent with his movements, perfectly reasonable grounds for complaint. Federer, on the other hand, smashes his racquets instead. :mad:

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu23/sumanth_m/Federer/RacquetSmash.jpg

No don't you get it, swearing at people, smashing rackets, talking down to players after they defeat you, making excuses are all OK if Federer does it. But if anyone else does it, they be are evil!

SystemicAnomaly
07-03-2012, 08:27 AM

If we use your logic then Rafa and Novak should stop playing as well. Novak has a history of back problems and a number of other issues. Nadal had problems with his knees, shoulder, feet and more. These two are not going to make it to 30 anyway without more injuries. Let Murray and the rest of the field take over.

Magnetite
07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Sounds like the OP doesn't play sports at all.

Pretty much every athlete, at every level of play above the age of 20, has niggling injuries.

If you watched Federer play his fourth round, it was blatantly obvious that his back is injured.

Having 5 injuries last year is normal, and expected.

SystemicAnomaly
07-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Well said. JV's response to this is weak. Seems pointless to argue with someone who walks like a troll, eats like at troll, quacks like a troll and exhibits other troll behavior.

beast of mallorca
07-03-2012, 08:38 AM
FEDERER preparing for an excuse if he ever loses to Djokovic. Ha, ha, ha..........he's trying to emulate a Rafa.
You have no originality Federer the CRY BABY !!! :-)

kslick
07-03-2012, 08:39 AM

FYI...back issues don't just go away. Have you had a back issue? Usually once you have one they don't go away, you just have to find ways to manage it.
So I think he is playing the hand he was dealt with. I'm just a fan of tennis not just one player, that's what makes this thread so lame. Everyone has injuries, its part of the game...so what. He's talking about his back bothering him but he's winning, he isn't complaining after a defeat. Seems like someone just doesn't like Roger:oops:.

FD3S
07-03-2012, 08:45 AM

Yeah, about that; there's probably a reason why Federer's the record holder by a wide margin. How many did Nadal win, one?

I'm curious about this, actually. I'm not sure why you'd say withdrawing from Shanghai is an excuse (you said yourself that if you're not fit to play, don't play; he didn't) but I am wondering about the 'list goes on' part of the paragraph - could you elaborate? I mean, it's not Djokovic or Rafa I'm asking about so it should take you less than three decades...

Also, I've gotta throw my respect out there for Fed damn near never tapping out during a match. It might bug him, he might bring it up in a press conference, but it's never made him quit. Anyone care to enlighten me how the 2010 AO SF ended, again?

nyc
07-03-2012, 08:47 AM

It's get tiring hearing all of this thread.

Biscuitmcgriddleson
07-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Yes and Nadal will always need his A game to beat the 400th ranked player in the world. Afterwards he will congratulate them saying he had to play unbelievably to beat them no. Nadal, all class

SystemicAnomaly
07-03-2012, 08:56 AM
http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/Assets/ProductImages/REAL_RATIONAL.jpg

You are the weakest link. G'bye.

SystemicAnomaly
07-03-2012, 08:59 AM
One more before I abandon this annoying thread:

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/Assets/MoreImages/PS_1017W_GOT_BACK_PIC2.jpg

Russeljones
07-03-2012, 09:02 AM

If you were born as jackson vile don't register on an internet forum and make posts to let others know how dumb you are.

joeri888
07-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes and Nadal will always need his A game to beat the 400th ranked player in the world. Afterwards he will congratulate them saying he had to play unbelievably to beat them no. Nadal, all class

Actually, he does. Just watch what Rosol did to him when Rafa brought his B game.

VPhuc tennis fan
07-03-2012, 09:53 AM

Hello ***! Is that really you? Don't be shy now! Welcome back to the family! Why the change of name? What happens to that thread "Nadal new strategy"? I couldn't find it anymore since I'd like to pick it up where we left off... The last time *** claimed that Rafa purposely lost at Halle in order to save himself for Wimby, and *** also stated (not predicted) that Rafa was a lock to win Wimby, and promised to all of us he'll come back to laugh at us. Oh well,...

jackson vile
07-03-2012, 10:12 AM
FEDERER preparing for an excuse if he ever loses to Djokovic. Ha, ha, ha..........he's trying to emulate a Rafa.
You have no originality Federer the CRY BABY !!! :-)

No, it's only unacceptable when Nadal or Novak do it. If Federer does it, it is cool.

Towser83
07-03-2012, 10:45 AM

When did Nadal get over his knees again? Pulled out of Miami with them (not disputing he really has trouble btw, i believe him) and on the Nadal news thread they're talking about his knees having trouble again and that's why he wasn't moving well.

Federer hardly takes a medical time out so i don't see the problem with that but if he loses i don't want to hear excuses. unless he flat out pulls his back and cannot continue like Djokovic vs delpo. most likely he is gonna lose in the semi anyway so doesn't really make much difference.

FD3S
07-03-2012, 11:13 AM
No, it's only unacceptable when Nadal or Novak do it. If Federer does it, it is cool.

Oh, I don't doubt that Federer makes excuses. I also don't doubt that Nadal and Novak have done it so much more over the years that people are less willing to give them free passes.

gramdacious
07-03-2012, 01:16 PM

the ignorance around here lately is staggering.

Cup8489
07-03-2012, 01:40 PM

apparently it's not cool, since you felt the need to make 21938473 threads over the years about it.

Crybaby..

frinton
07-03-2012, 01:45 PM

...but he is purposely destroying historical (and less historical) tennis trophies by biting them... disgusting :oops:

cknobman
07-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I was watching the match. It was obvious during the midway to latter end (even before the MTO) of the 1st set Roger was hurting. There were shots Malise hit Roger would make NO ATTEMPT AT ALL to get and were easily in reach with a step or two. Rogers serve was slow and he would not move to his forehand side.

Even during the first part of the second set Roger was still not moving well and had looks of discomfort.

Now if we want to start making comparisons and the OP has the nerve to mention Nadal why dont we analyze how Nadal takes MTO's and immediately comes out next point running and playing like a jack rabbit high on methamphetamines?

Swissv2
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Now if we want to start making comparisons and the OP has the nerve to mention Nadal why dont we analyze how Nadal takes MTO's and immediately comes out next point running and playing like a jack rabbit high on methamphetamines?

He has some ..."fire power"... to *blip* himself where he needs around the court.
:twisted:

Cup8489
07-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I was watching the match. It was obvious during the midway to latter end (even before the MTO) of the 1st set Roger was hurting. There were shots Malise hit Roger would make NO ATTEMPT AT ALL to get and were easily in reach with a step or two. Rogers serve was slow and he would not move to his forehand side.

Even during the first part of the second set Roger was still not moving well and had looks of discomfort.

Because LOLville does nothing but troll. That's the whole point of this thread. It doesn't matter that Federer has taken exactly 3 timeouts in his career, and withdrawn mid-tournament only twice, with no retirements at all... Because LOLville has a completely irrational hatred of him.

It doesn't matter that Rafa has withdrawn from many tournaments mid-MATCH, or taken questionable timeouts at key stages in matches, only to show no signs of injury or ailment, nor does it matter that Rafa can't ever seem to lose a match without causing some sort of disturbance.

Nor does it matter that Djokovic has retired from every major (I believe), and for questionable excuses such as a sore throat or fatigue.

None of that matters, because LOLville has no desire for rational thought processes, but seeks only to destroy Federer's reputation any way he can. Who knows the reason, but that's the only thing he seems to post for.. and thus is not worthy of anything more than a reference to someone acting like him.. a troll.

Swissv2
07-03-2012, 02:54 PM
This is what Jackson Vile does on an hourly basis.

http://grapeape.org/page1/files/farting.jpg

chatt_town
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I think it's great. If I the goat can have excuses...then surely us rec players can. :) I was telling the wife the other day that tennis players are by far the most excuse making athletes in the world from number 1 all the way down to the newest 2.5. :) We were laughing about all the excuses...Is there an excuse thread here somewhere...there should be. :)

JustBob
07-03-2012, 03:23 PM
And people wonder why Nadal gets so much hate when his most vocal fans are complete morons...

Cup8489
07-03-2012, 03:34 PM
And people wonder why Nadal gets so much hate when his most vocal fans are complete morons...

naw, lolville is nothing but a fedhater. not a fan of any player.

TheFifthSet
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Federer said after the match that he'll be fine and that its not a big concern. Doesn't sound like an excuse to me. No doubt you'll ignore that salient point, and continue being a jerk.

Cup8489
07-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Federer said after the match that he'll be fine and that its not a big concern. Doesn't sound like an excuse to me. No doubt you'll ignore that salient point, and continue being a jerk.

No doubt in my mind.

DarthMaul
07-03-2012, 04:13 PM
No that's an abbrevaiation for your name or should I say, one of your names :)

btw: Need I remined you that Roger at 26 never lost to players like Rosol? :) I think I'll let it be seeing as you are rather upset and still recovering from the shock. I'm surprised you didn't jump off a bridge :shock:

Actually when Fed was 26, his (very few) losses were breaking news.

Raging Buddha
07-03-2012, 04:15 PM
It seems LOLville, that you cannot distinguish between genuine injuries and fake ones that your boy and Nadal have utilised in the past.

dh003i
07-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Right, the last time the guy ask for a MTO was almost 4 years ago, what a terrible sportsman! Heck, he even apologized to Malisse for taking it.

Exactly. Come on people. It was obvious to everyone that something was up with Federer due to his movement. And he apologized.

Ralph
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Still not able to sit down after one week? My your legs must be tired OP. Go on, give it a go, your butt must be feeling better by now.

After all, that's all this is about. Deflection. Your pain seeing Rosle, Rosie...er, what's his name (the world number 100) whip Ralph out in such tremendous fashion. And just when you thought you'd be able to start a few more threads about Ralph winning his third Wimbledon, and demeaning Fed in the process.... Ooh well, there's always next year.

Well done on using your main account though to start this thread.

jukka1970
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM

You are as high as a kite. LMAO at most of the important records. I'm sorry but what are all the so called important records that Nadal has. Oh and by the way, doing something by a certain age, really isn't that big of a deal, unless you are the only one to have done it, IE Boris Becker 17, youngest to win Wimbledon, or Hewitt youngest to be number 1 in the world. Beyond that, age isn't going to play much of a part in it. I'll put up the ones that Nadal has.

7 FO titles (an extrodinary accomplishment)
Probably the best clay courter to ever live (extrodinary accomplishment)
Career slam (also extrodinary)
Gold medal for singles at the Olympics.
20 master titles (shared with Federer)

So what are the others, because I could name about 20 more on Federer's side. Hell I can already name ones on Djokers side, for example 5 masters in one year (extrodinary accomplishment) and one which neither Federer or Nadal have done.

DarthMaul
07-03-2012, 04:54 PM

Yes, by bumping them, or taking MTOs, or wasting time on serving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbq5GbTPopI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIPEhbY29tU

Or yelling at umpires:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKMbm1SkPS8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NamdZex0gY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgYfTmzuYw&feature=related

WhiskeyEE
07-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Have you ever had chronic pain issues numb nuts? Some things never heal. Modern medicine blows.

TheTruth
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
There really should be an excuse thread. Maybe then people can be more rational about who makes excuses and how often. Trying to spotlight Player A while deflecting attention from Player B or C is just futile.

Sometimes it's not even excuses. A reporter or commentator notices something during a match and comments on it. The player responds.

No big deal. That tit-for-tat on this board is nauseating. Neither Rafa, Djokovic, Federer, or anyone else needs to defend these guys "honor" on a daily basis.

90's Clay
07-03-2012, 08:02 PM
I have always questioned the SEVERITY of some of these injuries anyways with these two guys because regardless of how truly "injured" they are, they always seem to make it far.. Every damn slam..

So its plausible to question some of the nonsense like that. If you were truly that injured you either:

A: Have trouble making it out of the first week and/or losing early. (Rafa did for the first time since I don't know how long of course here)

B: Have to skip the slam all together..

Yet these two never do.

It was the same stuff with the mono garbage.. If Fed truly had it, it must have been the mildest form of mono in history.. Ive had mono.. You can barely have the energy to even move around.. Much less make Slam semifinals.

Rafa has had these chronic knee injuries since the beginning of his career yet still netted 11 slams

Viper
07-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Djokovic retired in a final. I don't want to hear anything about Federer.

TopFH
07-03-2012, 08:11 PM

You trying to show off Nadal's one Laureus award? Let me remind you that Federer won it 4 times in a row.

TopFH
07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes, by bumping them, or taking MTOs, or wasting time on serving.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbq5GbTPopI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIPEhbY29tU

Or yelling at umpires:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKMbm1SkPS8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NamdZex0gY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgYfTmzuYw&feature=related

Every time he loses a challenge like that, it's "I don't want to play like this".

VPhuc tennis fan
07-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Just saw that Fed won the first 2 sets and is leading 5-1 against Youzhny. It looks like Fed decides NOT to spend any extra energy before his match-up with Djoker. Wise decision IMO. Pedal to the metal. Hopefully he'll go in with the same attitude and determination against Djoker. I believe if he can maintain his aggressiveness and draw first blood against Djoker, he'll have a good chance.

The_Order
07-04-2012, 06:38 AM
LOL now how obvious is it that the back thing was a big excuse. One day he has a back injury, can't move properly, less than 48 hours later he's moving better than ever.

It's ok *******s, not too long now till the Djoker sends him packing again.

As for the whole arguing with the umpire thing, need I remind you that Fed swore at an umpire in a US Open final? Live on national TV? Where there were definitely kids watching??? Some role model drops the sh*t and the F-bomb. Classy Roger.

mandy01
07-04-2012, 06:47 AM
LOL now how obvious is it that the back thing was a big excuse. One day he has a back injury, can't move properly, less than 48 hours later he's moving better than ever.

.I think you should look over at your boy first, who's already explained away his loss on tendinitis. Soooo, you have no room to talk. Atleast Roger wasn't exactly losing at the point he took the break and had the dignity to apologise for it.
Try harder troll.

The_Order
07-04-2012, 06:54 AM
I think you should look over at your boy first, who's already explained away his loss on tendinitis.
Try harder troll.

Why you bringing Nadal into it? Hey I like Rafa, but I also like Djoker, Tsonga and Del Potro. I'm a fan of all 4 of those guys so yeah bring up Rafa all you want, all I'm gonna say is Fed suspiciously moved very well today after making it look like his spine was broken less than 48 hours earlier...

Also explain the classy Federer conversation in US Open 09 final. F-bomb on live TV where there are thousands of kids watching world wide? What a disgrace, the spoilt b*tch sooked about a damn challenge I mean seriously here's a guy that sulks when he doesn't get his way, but when everything's going great guns, he acts like he's a saint.

Sentinel
07-04-2012, 06:56 AM

I love hearing about Slam_king's tendinitis, though.

j/k -- i think Nadal saw this thread and then decided to put you in place :D

Sentinel
07-04-2012, 06:59 AM

When did RAfa get over his knees ? His knees even started a rather funny twitter account :)

mandy01
07-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Why you bringing Nadal into it? Hey I like Rafa, but I also like Djoker, Tsonga and Del Potro. I'm a fan of all 4 of those guys so yeah bring up Rafa all you want, all I'm gonna say is Fed suspiciously moved very well today after making it look like his spine was broken less than 48 hours earlier...

Also explain the classy Federer conversation in US Open 09 final. F-bomb on live TV where there are thousands of kids watching world wide? What a disgrace, the spoilt b*tch sooked about a damn challenge I mean seriously here's a guy that sulks when he doesn't get his way, but when everything's going great guns, he acts like he's a saint.

You obviously don't watch tennis. He never made it look like anything of that sort.
As for Fed's breakdown at USO, can you explain why Nadal threw a hissy fit against Berdych and refused to play at the WTF '10?
And Del Po IS slow when challenging. He's gotten called out on it by some umpires a few times.

sbengte
07-04-2012, 07:00 AM

That's nothing. I have seen players recover from a fractured foot and move better than ever less than 48 seconds after an MTO.

zagor
07-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Why you bringing Nadal into it? Hey I like Rafa, but I also like Djoker, Tsonga and Del Potro. I'm a fan of all 4 of those guys so yeah bring up Rafa all you want, all I'm gonna say is Fed suspiciously moved very well today after making it look like his spine was broken less than 48 hours earlier... .

And how exactly did he do that? If anything he downplayed his back issue in the post match interview and only asked one timeout during the whole match.

TopFH
07-04-2012, 07:05 AM

It's ok *******s, not too long now till the Djoker sends him packing again.

As for the whole arguing with the umpire thing, need I remind you that Fed swore at an umpire in a US Open final? Live on national TV? Where there were definitely kids watching??? Some role model drops the sh*t and the F-bomb. Classy Roger.

What about when Nadal says "Puta" and other Spanish insults? Do you think tennis is only watched in English-speaking countries?

The_Order
07-04-2012, 07:18 AM
You obviously don't watch tennis. He never made it look like anything of that sort.

He was barely hitting with any power on the fh side and moved rather slowly on that wing. Today he was running down drop shots and hitting them back with interest. Hmmm, seems like bs to me. I guess once Djoker eliminates him the back excuse will pop up once again.

As for Fed's breakdown at USO, can you explain why Nadal threw a hissy fit against Berdych and refused to play at the WTF '10?
And Del Po IS slow when challenging. He's gotten called out on it by some umpires a few times.

BUt Nadal's not billed to be a classy saint, he's billed as a fighter, he was fighting for what was right. Fed otoh is supposed to be some angel, goody two-shoes ballerina. While I agree Delpo was very slow to challenge that is NOT an excuse to drop swear words when you know you're on live TV and there are kids watching and you're supposed to be the greatest role model since Jesus.

The_Order
07-04-2012, 07:21 AM
What about when Nadal says "Puta" and other Spanish insults? Do you think tennis is only watched in English-speaking countries?

LOL let's be honest puta is not known by american kids. In fact most kids around the world do not understand it. the F-bomb however is a whole different story, most children around the world know it is a bad word to say.

Anyways Fed is supposed to be the great role model that kids look up to, I just hope they don't start back chatting umpires like that...

TopFH
07-04-2012, 07:22 AM
He was barely hitting with any power on the fh side and moved rather slowly on that wing. Today he was running down drop shots and hitting them back with interest. Hmmm, seems like bs to me. I guess once Djoker eliminates him the back excuse will pop up once again.

BUt Nadal's not billed to be a classy saint, he's billed as a fighter, he was fighting for what was right. Fed otoh is supposed to be some angel, goody two-shoes ballerina. While I agree Delpo was very slow to challenge that is NOT an excuse to drop swear words when you know you're on live TV and there are kids watching and you're supposed to be the greatest role model since Jesus.

Neither is making an obscene gesture when an opponent makes a mistake in 2nd game of the match.

zagor
07-04-2012, 07:23 AM

You're not suggesting he did that on purpose, are you? I mean, Fed may not be the sharpest tool in the box but he's certainly not crazy. He overall owns Malisse and Xavier wasn't even leading in the match when Fed asked a MTO, he had no reason to put up an acting performance against him or something.

TopFH
07-04-2012, 07:24 AM
LOL let's be honest puta is not known by american kids. In fact most kids around the world do not understand it. the F-bomb however is a whole different story, most children around the world know it is a bad word to say.

Anyways Fed is supposed to be the great role model that kids look up to, I just hope they don't start back chatting umpires like that...

So only American kids watch TV? What about the Spain, Argentina, and all other Latin American countries? They don't watch tennis?

The_Order
07-04-2012, 07:26 AM
You're not suggesting he did that on purpose, are you? I mean, Fed may not be the sharpest tool in the box but he's certainly not crazy. He overall owns Malisse and Xavier wasn't even leading in the match when Fed asked a MTO, he had no reason to put up an acting performance against him or something.

No, no you don't understand. It's all in preparation for his loss to Novak. Once he loses that one he'll start with the back again you know it.

The_Order
07-04-2012, 07:28 AM
So only American kids watch TV? What about the Spain, Argentina, and all other Latin American countries? They don't watch tennis?

Don't derail the discussion. It's obvious the f word is more widely known as a bad word that puta. Also I already explained earlier Rafa is not billed to be a saint, Fed is. Federer is peRFect remember? Or is it just when things are going great for him???

zagor
07-04-2012, 07:33 AM
No, no you don't understand. It's all in preparation for his loss to Novak. Once he loses that one he'll start with the back again you know it.

Oh, you're trolling me :)

TMF
07-04-2012, 07:33 AM
An 80% Fed can beat Youznhy. He beat Youznhy in straight doesn't mean Fed is at a 100%. A healthy Fed moves much better than in this match and the previous one. Youznhy doesn't have a lot of power and pace to trouble Fed, if he's facing Tsonga or Nole who has a bigger game, Fed's less stellar movement will be expose.

The_Order
07-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Neither is making an obscene gesture when an opponent makes a mistake in 2nd game of the match.

You referring to Nadal again? Is that the ******* defense, find something Rafa has done to justify your hero? This had nothing to do with Rafa, yet you ****s keep bringing him up. Hey just because Rafa reacted in a way that he shouldn't have does NOT justify Federer's actions and they were FAR worse.

But that's not the worst about Fed, his arrogant comments over the years show his true nature. He's a ***** and he's so fake, trying to act like an angel but really he's a stubborn spoilt brat.

mandy01
07-04-2012, 09:24 AM
No, no you don't understand. It's all in preparation for his loss to Novak. Once he loses that one he'll start with the back again you know it.That's good. Too bad it took him so many years to pull this stunt.. Should've pulled it before. :(

Leto
07-04-2012, 09:46 AM

It was so obvious that Fed's back was affecting his movement, I don't see why you'd start a thread like this.

You obviously have a chip on your shoulder, whenever it comes to Fed, and maybe even moreso...his fans (which I am not one, though have nothing against the guy).

You criticize the guy who rarely ever takes an MTO, for something that was blatantly obvious to 99% of anyone watching, was a legitimate problem impacting his movement.

Somehow, your logic tells you that making a criticizing post about it will get all of the Fed fans dominating this board, to equate it as being similar to the much more questionable MTO's we've seen over the years, from a variety of players?

The way I see it, you are your own worst enemy if this is the approach you are choosing to use to advance whatever anti-Fed agenda you are committed to :)

ultradr
07-04-2012, 10:06 AM

I would say about 5% subtle excuse and 95% explanations on what has been
going on with roger last few weeks.

Top players are being exposed to public a lot and some people like me want to
know why Federer looked flat at times last few weeks.

Atherton2003
07-04-2012, 10:10 AM
What is the consensous? Did Fed have a legitimate back problem or not?

jukka1970
07-04-2012, 10:15 AM
You referring to Nadal again? Is that the ******* defense, find something Rafa has done to justify your hero? This had nothing to do with Rafa, yet you ****s keep bringing him up. Hey just because Rafa reacted in a way that he shouldn't have does NOT justify Federer's actions and they were FAR worse.

But that's not the worst about Fed, his arrogant comments over the years show his true nature. He's a ***** and he's so fake, trying to act like an angel but really he's a stubborn spoilt brat.

Well to quote Porkys
"be be bee bee bee bee beep beep",
"what is that"
"A **** detector, bee bee beep beep beeeeeeep"

Well folks I think we've discovered one of the posters who's a kid out on school vacation.

Omega_7000
07-04-2012, 10:47 AM

It's funny how so many posters have popped up with a June join date and venting out their frustrations because Fed is still in it.

Agassifan
07-04-2012, 10:49 AM

Idiotic to compare a murderer to a petty thief

jackson vile
07-04-2012, 12:20 PM
So, how bad was Federer's back today?

Hitman
07-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I think Novak will take him, but this could be an epic encounter.

TheTruth
07-04-2012, 12:32 PM
So, how bad was Federer's back today?

Looks like it got healed.

jackson vile
07-04-2012, 12:33 PM

Are you sure? It seemed so serious!

DeShaun
07-04-2012, 12:34 PM
It seemed as serious as some posters seem sincere.:)

TheFifthSet
07-04-2012, 03:57 PM

You're normally reasonable but come on, if this was a thread berating Nadal for the same thing, your tune would change. Anybody who saw the match with Malisse could see that Federer had a back issue, and he took an MTO when he really had no reason to (4-3 on serve). He then apologized, and after the match said the he's had back issues in the past and it's not a big concern. Federer was nothing but class in this instance; no way to justify this thread or the OP.

Cup8489
07-04-2012, 04:02 PM

It's weird. People can like, get over injuries with treatments and stuff. Who knew?

Bobby Jr
07-04-2012, 04:31 PM
An 80% Fed can beat Youznhy. He beat Youznhy in straight doesn't mean Fed is at a 100%. A healthy Fed moves much better than in this match and the previous one..
This. ^

Anyone who couldn't see Federer wasn't at 100% clearly doesn't spot the finer nuances when watching their tennis. On serve you could see he wasn't going up for them nearly as much as he normally would - his average first serve speed was way down on normal. He also let a fair few normally gettable forehands go in the first set.

Lucky for him he was playing someone who was simply outgunned and couldn't push Federer hard and allowed him plenty of opportunities to tee off.

You could almost say this and the previous match were, in some odd way, good prep in terms of practising going for it - which he'll need to do against Djokovic.

Omega_7000
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
You're normally reasonable but come on, if this was a thread berating Nadal for the same thing, your tune would change. Anybody who saw the match with Malisse could see that Federer had a back issue, and he took an MTO when he really had no reason to (4-3 on serve). He then apologized, and after the match said the he's had back issues in the past and it's not a big concern. Federer was nothing but class in this instance; no way to justify this thread or the OP.

Quoted For Truth!

firepanda
07-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Alright, this is outright hypocrisy (not quite, but along the same lines). If Djokovic or Nadal were making excuses, which they do, you guys would be ripping into them. Federer, of course, is perfectly genuine and can be completely forgiven. Not to mention there is probably more to Nadal's knees than Federer's back. Ralph has lost quite a few matches due to his tendonitis.

Cup8489
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Alright, this is outright hypocrisy (not quite, but along the same lines). If Djokovic or Nadal were making excuses, which they do, you guys would be ripping into them. Federer, of course, is perfectly genuine and can be completely forgiven. Not to mention there is probably more to Nadal's knees than Federer's back. Ralph has lost quite a few matches due to his tendonitis.

Federer has lost matches due to his back, too. The only hypocrite is Jackson_vile, who is making a thread about someone claiming an injury but conveniently ignoring that both Rafa and Nole also do this, and more frequently.

Atherton2003
07-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Fed never had injuries, however, now that he is older, we will see him take MTOs, whether legit or not, as part of his strategy. As a matter of fact, look for this "supposed" back injury to play a part in his match against Djokovic in the finals....I guarantee Fed will walk off the court to have some treatments should he be in a losing situation with Djokovic.

TheTruth
07-04-2012, 06:53 PM

Yeah, but there are a lot of threads berating Nadal for the same reasons. I can't count the times he's had an issue and then been accused of "running like a rabbit" thereafter.

Personally, I don't care if he's telling the truth or not. Back problems and tendonitis can flare up anytime for anybody. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy.

I was just funning. I apologize:).

TheTruth
07-04-2012, 06:55 PM

Quoted for Truth.

People need to be fair.

pame
07-04-2012, 08:09 PM

All that and you still can't steal one single GS trophy from the man... haha. Whenever you're done citing the few records that Fed has left for other people to hold, he still has SIXTEEN GS. Hurts, doesn't it?

zagor
07-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Fed never had injuries

Actually, he had his fair share (ankle, back, muscle tear etc), he just never whined 24/7 about them.

however, now that he is older, we will see him take MTOs, whether legit or not, as part of his strategy.

Right, that's why the last time he took an MTO was almost 4 years ago. It's all a part of Fed's strategy.

On the other hand when Nadal takes an MTO and afterwards breaks the opponent's serve by playing ridiculous defense, it's all legit of course.

As a matter of fact, look for this "supposed" back injury to play a part in his match against Djokovic in the finals...

Yes, his "supposed" back injury which made him roll in 1st serves, hit with almost 50% less pace, barely bend down for your shots (until the 3d set against Malisse) and get his serve broken soon after he took that MTO.

I guarantee Fed will walk off the court to have some treatments should he be in a losing situation with Djokovic.

It's not wise to guarantee Fed is gonna ask an MTO given that it's such a rare occurrence.

zagor
07-04-2012, 09:42 PM

Doesn't matter what it seemed to you, what matters are the facts.

Fed got broken soon after he took and MTO and various parts of his game were visibly effected by his physical issue (serve, pace on the groundies, bending down, overhead).

On the other hand when your idol (Nadal before anyone gets confused) takes an MTO he usually follows it by playing amazing defense, breaking the other guy and running away with the match.

Another thing is that Fed downplayed his injury completely in his post match interview, again vastly different than your idol who goes as far as to insinuate he has a broken foot and that he's not sure whether he'll be able to even play before he goes out and obliterates the field.

Sid_Vicious
07-04-2012, 09:52 PM
This. ^

Anyone who couldn't see Federer wasn't at 100% clearly doesn't spot the finer nuances when watching their tennis. On serve you could see he wasn't going up for them nearly as much as he normally would - his average first serve speed was way down on normal. He also let a fair few normally gettable forehands go in the first set.

Lucky for him he was playing someone who was simply outgunned and couldn't push Federer hard and allowed him plenty of opportunities to tee off.

You could almost say this and the previous match were, in some odd way, good prep in terms of practising going for it - which he'll need to do against Djokovic.

Federer actually served at 116 mph on average on his first serves. He has not averaged more than 116 mph on first serves this entire tournament. He was definitely feeling better yesterday. He was averaging only 110 mph on first serves against Malisse.

Honestly, 116 mph is pretty good. That is usually Federer's range.

Cross-court
07-04-2012, 10:36 PM

Jealous man is jealous.

joeri888
07-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Every troll that Holds This mto against Federer Did not even watch.

Cross-court
07-04-2012, 10:45 PM

Last year Federer claimed 5+ injuries, remember the "tired" groin incident? What kind of B.S. is that, how can you say coping out saying you have a tired groin is classy?

How can you harp on other players like Novak, Nadal, and Murray and give Federer a clean pass?

So his back problem is so bad that he could never serve in the Swiss army, however he can play top level tennis with this severe back injury?

Sounds like the greatest cop-out in history, using that excuse to be a draft dodger, now that is low.

Yet another excuse, so age is an excusing factor yet once again. And for the last time Federer has been claiming the lame back excuse since age 26-27.

No don't you get it, swearing at people, smashing rackets, talking down to players after they defeat you, making excuses are all OK if Federer does it. But if anyone else does it, they be are evil!

Jealous man is jealous.

Raidenx
07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Looked like Federer wore what I'm guessing is some sort of compression top underneath for extra back support. First time I've seen him wearing something like that.

TheFifthSet
07-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah, but there are a lot of threads berating Nadal for the same reasons. I can't count the times he's had an issue and then been accused of "running like a rabbit" thereafter.

Personally, I don't care if he's telling the truth or not. Back problems and tendonitis can flare up anytime for anybody. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy.

I was just funning. I apologize:).

Ok, fair enough :) and yeah i agree, the amount of threads i see questioning the injuries of the top 3 can get pretty irksome, just armchair analysis going overboard.

sbengte
07-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Fed never had injuries....

And you say that based on what ? Just because he doesn't bring it up in every second presser like some other players doesn't mean he doesn't have injuries. He has had more than his fair share including illnesses with long term effects.

namelessone
07-05-2012, 01:55 AM
What the hell is the point of this thread, other than to show the OP's hatred for Federer?

valiant
07-05-2012, 01:59 AM
What the hell is the point of this thread, other than to show the OP's hatred for Federer?

That is the point only.

rcglider
07-05-2012, 02:23 AM

OP claim he is an unbias tennis fan that only talk down on Federer.

The_Order
07-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Actually, he had his fair share (ankle, back, muscle tear etc), he just never whined 24/7 about them.

Nah he has more important things to whine about like feathers and lights and late hawk eye challenges...

Hitman
07-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Nah he has more important things to whine about like feathers and lights and late hawk eye challenges...

Has he whined about someone's breathing yet?

frinton
07-05-2012, 02:55 AM

none whatsoever. But it is kind of scary to see that OP has posted over 9500 posts here - not sure I want to read any of these nor the next 10'000 he will be posting :confused:

Sentinel
07-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Fed never had injuries, however, now that he is older, we will see him take MTOs, whether legit or not, as part of his strategy. As a matter of fact, look for this "supposed" back injury to play a part in his match against Djokovic in the finals....I guarantee Fed will walk off the court to have some treatments should he be in a losing situation with Djokovic.
Wow ! What a bunch of losers we have on this thread. And funnily all this happened just one day before their hero revealed tendinitis. Such a shame it must be to launch an attack on Fred, only to have Nadal give an excuse, almost as a response.

Athletes are dogged by injuries. In other sports they openly talk about it -- such a distance running -- no one screams "excuses". A marathoner quits a race due to a cramp or injury and there's no need to hide it and walk off giving some politically correct statements. You've quit the race, that's enough. Only on this forum, it seems people have nothing better to do than to spend their entire lives hating on some poor soul who is in pain for mentioning it, or seeking treatment.

Anyway, let me not stop the fun here ...

The_Order
07-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Has he whined about someone's breathing yet?

Not yet, but then again he hasn't played Rosol.

Another one of Fed's excuses: LUCK

WTF LMFAO. And this has been used more than once.

RF20Lennon
07-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Not yet, but then again he hasn't played Rosol.

Another one of Fed's excuses: LUCK

WTF LMFAO. And this has been used more than once.

Retiring because of a sore throat?? In monte Carlo
2008 sound familiar?? *cough**cough* nole *cough**cough* and also nadal was complaining about how Rosol was moving his feet before returning. Fed hasn't retired in an ATP match ever!! Nole and Rafa must have the record for most times ever

Raging Buddha
07-05-2012, 03:59 AM
Lolville may yet have untapped potential for puns, actually.

Federer's back to excuses...

zagor
07-05-2012, 04:05 AM

Sure, Fed had his bad moments on court but overall as far as on-court gamesmanship goes Nadal's on a different planet compared to Fedl, no amount of whining about one single MTO 30-31 year old Fed took in the last 4 freakin years will change that fact.

Also while Fed can certainly act as a sore loser after losing a big match, be arrogant etc. he doesn't engage in preemptive injury excuses as Nadal often does, not because he's "classy" but because of a different mentality, Fed never wants to show any weakness to an opponent while Nadal is almost obsessed with downplaying his chances and taking the pressure off him.

namelessone
07-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Lolville may yet have untapped potential for puns, actually.

Federer's back to excuses...

:)

Next level - back to back excuses.

fednad
07-05-2012, 09:00 AM

You are such a model of consistency.

ninman
08-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Where's Jacksonville now to complain about Nadal's "injury"?

tennisplayer1993
08-21-2012, 12:06 PM
love this thread

West Coast Ace
08-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Where's Jacksonville now to complain about Nadal's "injury"?He's probably off getting a mid-year bitterness tune-up - gonna be a long wait until Monte Carlo rolls around for Nad fans...

Sentinel
08-22-2012, 04:50 AM
Where's Jacksonville now to complain about Nadal's "injury"?

Like you guys don't know his other accounts :).

Isn't goderer one of them ?