PDA

View Full Version : Nadal withdraws from exho against Djokovic

tennis_pro
07-04-2012, 01:19 AM
From his facebook site:

Rafa Nadal
Quiero pedir disculpas a todos, debido a una lesión en el tendón no podré jugar contra Novak en Alma Nadal. Aquí dejo mis disculpas, en particular a todos aquellos que habían comprado entradas para esta buena causa. http://bit.ly/NwT6Iv

I want to apologize to all, I suffer a tendinitis and I can't to play against Novak for Alma Nadal. I share with you my apologies, in particular to the fans that had already purchased a ticket to such a good cause.
http://bit.ly/NwT6Iv

joeri888
07-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Ahh, Nadal is injured. Only explanation for his WImbledon.

TennisLovaLova
07-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Another proof that when Nadal loses it's only and always because he's injured
how arrogant...

rafan
07-04-2012, 01:24 AM

He has also just had two wisdom teeth taken out (Facebook) so he must have been feeling under par

Rocky89
07-04-2012, 01:31 AM
http://www.mccannericksonbarcelona.com/clients/RafaNadal/SUSPENSION_ALMA_NADAL.pdf

The official statement:

Press Release from Rafa Nadal
Subject: Suspension of the ALMA NADAL Exhibition Match in Madrid
I want to apologize to all, in particular to the fans that had already purchased a ticket to such a good cause, but unfortunately we won't be able to play for the moment that match in Madrid at the Bernabeu stadium on July 14th.
The doctors have been checking my knee and i suffer a tendinitis which will have me away from any practice or matches for 15 days, which makes it impossible to play with Novak Djokovic as we'd expected and announced. I was with my doctors on Monday and started already my treatment with the goal to be ready for the London Olympic Games and represent Spain once again
As I say my first thoughts are with the fans who'd already purchased the tickets, but also my thanks and apologies to Novak Djokovic that was coming to the event, as well as to the Real Madrid Foundation that has worked very hard together with my foundation so that everything would have been perfect. We are going to try to find a new date for this in the future, that's for sure.
I will now work on my rehab as well as taking some short holidays to resume my practice in 15 days. Once again thanks to all.
Rafa Nadal

Imagine if he was still playing Wimbledon. No way would he be able to play :shock:

tennis_pro
07-04-2012, 01:33 AM
He has also just had two wisdom teeth taken out (Facebook) so he must have been feeling under par

That was like his last wisdom bulwark. What's he gonna do now?

ViscaB
07-04-2012, 01:40 AM
I think it's probably a routine treatment on the knees which he has regularly. But it makes sense not to disturb any of that even though it was for a good cause.

joeri888
07-04-2012, 01:50 AM
I think it's probably a routine treatment on the knees which he has regularly. But it makes sense not to disturb any of that even though it was for a good cause.

I agree. Wisdom comes with the years. Nadal's been playing dumb exho's long enough. Time to cut the crap.

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 02:11 AM
Same story as 2010. Had tendinitis treatment around the start of clay season and then a few days after winning Wimbledon..

-RF-
07-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Makes me feel ill tbh........

Everyones gonna put Nadals defeat to a fake/immensley exaggerated knee injury now....

He is slowly catching up with Murray on my tennis hate list.

rafan
07-04-2012, 02:28 AM

Everyones gonna put Nadals defeat to a fake/immensley exaggerated knee injury now....

Who cares................

DeShaun
07-04-2012, 02:40 AM
I wish Rafa a speedy recovery. He is too valuable as a champion and an ambassador to be on the sidelines and I will not miss him.

tennis_pro
07-04-2012, 02:59 AM
I wish Rafa a speedy recovery. He is too valuable as a champion and an ambassador to be on the sidelines and I will not miss him.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/not+sure+if+serious+or+trying+to+troll+_cf42e9e613 66130bd8525ade286ae448.png

zagor
07-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Who cares? It's just an exo. If Nadal doesn't feel up to it for whatever reason then that's fine, this year has a packed schedule anyway so Nadal is probably right to be careful.

hedera
07-04-2012, 03:09 AM
After his loss against Rosol he probably can't be bothered to play some irrelevant exhibition match. I don't blame him.

CMM
07-04-2012, 03:17 AM
:mrgreen:

Stay at home fishing and golfing forever.Enough of his BS already, 8 years is enough.
Yet it's not the 1st time he does that.He often brings up injuries 1 week later while tournements are still on
Can't he just retire already? Same excuse since 2004,it's a wonder he's still playing.How can anyone believe him is beyond me
Never seen a player with so many excuses after losses, and never seen anyone getting so many pity parties from media.
Yeah right,here come the excuses.Can't help himself &everyone falls for it.Never seen s.o with tendonitis play like him...
Yep.What a "class act" no?Says nothing in presser but 5 days later.What's the difference?And can't he wait for W to be over?Pffft.
I'd bet all I have lol Seriously,this is ridiculous.He's had career threatening tendinitis for what?8 years?It's a miracle no?
Nadal bringing up the old tendinitis again...How can people still fall for his BS when it's been the same excuse for YEARS now.Ugh

http://twitter.com/clairouille10

mandy01
07-04-2012, 04:01 AM

Bang on. :D
btw- why are you stalking Roger fans on twitter?

CMM
07-04-2012, 04:05 AM
Bang on. :D
btw- why are you stalking Roger fans on twitter?

A journalist retweeted one of those comments.

mandy01
07-04-2012, 04:07 AM
A journalist retweeted one of those comments.

So? You posted all of them here? Why? Why do you hate Nadal so much? :mrgreen:

CMM
07-04-2012, 04:13 AM
So? You posted all of them here? Why?
Cause I enjoyed reading them.

By the way, I do have a favourite Fed fan twitter account - http://twitter.com/heatherbevan :)

mandy01
07-04-2012, 04:17 AM

So? Why would you want to post what a random Federer fan thinks on here? I was under the impression that there is no dearth of Roger fans here? You clearly hate Nadal :evil: Why the hate?

Sartorius
07-04-2012, 04:18 AM
It was a bad time to hold an exo anyway. But now this is a facepalm moment for the fans.

Probably he has been getting some treatment after Wimbledon these past years and he'll keep getting it.

merlinpinpin
07-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Ah, yes, ye olde tendinitis. Right... :roll:

That was coming anyway, but I thought he'd get his "treatment" a couple of weeks later. Silly me, I hadn't factored in the olympics, of course.

SLD76
07-04-2012, 04:41 AM
Ah, yes, ye olde tendinitis. Right... :roll:

That was coming anyway, but I thought he'd get his "treatment" a couple of weeks later. Silly, I hadn't factored in the olympics, of course.

oh Rafa...and yet people still cant understand why some people feel like Rafa/team rafa is full of chit.

namelessone
07-04-2012, 04:59 AM
oh Rafa...and yet people still cant understand why some people feel like Rafa/team rafa is full of chit.

And what would you have him say to the people that payed for those tickets?

I don't feel like playing the exho with the Olympics so close at hand?

Saying you have a physical problem(maybe he does, maybe he doesn't) at least gives you a cop out and with Nadal's tendinitis issues it won't seem far off. Not to mention that Rafa usually does those injections during the spring/summer season or around the end of season.

Still, I doubt Nadal doesn't have anything wrong physically with him if we would forfeit a exho in his home country, on his fav team's stadium. We are talking about 1-2 hours of very light practice(if you can even call it that). I can imagine Rafa blowing off an exho on the other side of the planet or something of the sort but doing this for a spanish event seems strange, even with the Olympics so close at hand.

SLD76
07-04-2012, 05:07 AM

Saying you have a physical problem(maybe he does, maybe he doesn't) at least gives you a cop out and with Nadal's tendinitis issues it won't seem far off. Not to mention that Rafa usually does those injections during the spring/summer season or around the end of season.

Still, I doubt Nadal doesn't have anything wrong physically with him if we would forfeit a exho in his home country, on his fav team's stadium. We are talking about 1-2 hours of very light practice(if you can even call it that). I can imagine Rafa blowing off an exho on the other side of the planet or something of the sort but doing this for a spanish event seems strange, even with the Olympics so close at hand.

howsabout he keep his mouth shut til after wimbledon and then disclose it?

he need have only waited a few more days, now all the talk will be about his injury, was it a factor in the rosol match yadda yadda. Or better yet, dont give a reason and just say, I need to prepare for Olympics, everybody would understand given what happened in Wimbledon.

par for the course for rafa, always there are bizarre events around him it seems.

-RF-
07-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Vid from 2 days before the final at wimble 2011

watch from 2:35 onwards..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrpwgQYhd5Y&feature=related

namelessone
07-04-2012, 05:12 AM

he need have only waited a few more days, now all the talk will be about his injury, was it a factor in the rosol match yadda yadda. Or better yet, dont give a reason and just say, I need to prepare for Olympics, everybody would understand given what happened in Wimbledon.

par for the course for rafa, always there are bizarre events around him it seems.

Yeah, I'm sure that once the new WB champion is crowned on Sunday, all the talk will be about the physical problems of a player who lost in R2. LOL.

There won't be talk about a potential 17th for Fed(and the nr.1 spot), the Fed-Djoko encounter on grass, what Murray did or didn't do, nope, it will be about Nadal's injury(which is nothing more than a chronic condition he's had for quite some time now). LOL.

While it may be a story, I doubt it will be a main story for anyone, especially at a time when he crown a GS champ and with the Olympics being so close.

Sarzy
07-04-2012, 05:17 AM
He's like the boy who cried wolf. No-one will actually believe him when he tells the truth.

Rocky89
07-04-2012, 05:18 AM

Yeah that's gona go down well with all those people who paid money for the exhibition. I think it's a legitimate reason and obviously he thought his knees would be fine for exhibition. He already had injection marks at Wimbledon so I don't think theres anything bizarre about this situation.

Sentinel
07-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Where's the good Sir Vile when he's needed. He was GOATing in the "Any news of Fed's injury" thread. ;)

Anyway, wish Rafa a speedy recovery. According to our local expert on Rafa, Sir Rosol_Slam_King, Rafa knows how to play with a knee problem thanks to some platelet replacement therapy.

Tennis_Hands
07-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Hahaha.This guy is a joke.

Wait for the *******s to queue in line and explain:

1) how that is a reasonable explanation for his loss

2) how an exo is threatening for his health, when they have been explaining for years, that exos are not stressfull as matches, when asked why Nadal plays exos, but complain about packed schedule.

And, of course, I wish him "speed recovery".

:roll:

moshi2
07-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Do the fans get their money back? Or are they just going to reschedule?

dudeski
07-04-2012, 06:29 AM

Yes, now the world makes sense again.

dudeski
07-04-2012, 06:31 AM

He should have played and run Djokovic who will be tired from Wimbledon final to the ground.

dudeski
07-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Where's the good Sir Vile when he's needed. He was GOATing in the "Any news of Fed's injury" thread. ;)

Anyway, wish Rafa a speedy recovery. According to our local expert on Rafa, Sir Rosol_Slam_King, Rafa knows how to play with a knee problem thanks to some platelet replacement therapy.

LOLvile only trolls Federer. Nadal could be 10 times worse and he would not even mention it. Wait, a minute, did I say Nadal could be 10 times worse? Nadal is at least 10 times worse as far as injury excuses.

Tennis_Hands
07-04-2012, 06:37 AM
He should have played and run Djokovic who will be tired from Wimbledon final to the ground.

Ah, that reminds me of another gem of our dear ***. At one point he claimed, that the loss from Djokovic in the AO final will be devastating for Djokovic's confidence. He used similar wording I believe "Nadal will run Djokovic into the ground". That and the 3 gr in Nadal's racquet.

:lol:

SLD76
07-04-2012, 06:41 AM

2) how an exo is threatening for his health, when they have been explaining for years, that exos are not stressfull as matches, when asked why Nadal plays exos, but complain about packed schedule.

and with that, all the *******s can take a seat.

dont know how many times ive heard exo is just glorified practice, no strain on his body, not a factor in his schedule, yadda yadda.

Fr4Nc0
07-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Rosol v. Djokovic at the Santiago Bernabeu on July 14th? ;)

Rhino
07-04-2012, 07:00 AM
I wonder if he'd have pulled out if he was getting paid to play.

Djokodal Fan
07-04-2012, 07:18 AM
another Nadal bashing thread you have created OP.

:(

Emet74
07-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Sorry but I think this is very lame. This whole exo thing between Wimby and OG was his idea; first he tried to get Fed to play w/ him and Fed thankfully refused; now he roped in Djoko.

If he was worried about his OG preparation he shouldn't have decided to schedule an exo then, but having scheduled it, involving sponsors, ticket purchases and everything the professional thing to do would be to play it.

He gets tendonitis all the time; that's hardly unprecedented; it's not like he unexpectedly twisted an ankle or sth.

roysid
07-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Come on, its serious. It's actually an rare strain of tendinitis he got affected this time.

Its called rosolitis...
in 2009 it was soderlitis..

Lets pray for the unfortunate ticket holders and for novak also...

The_Order
07-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Ahh you see, that's why he lost, his tendinitis was playing up again. I knew there was an explanation for that dismal low intensity he brought to the court against Rosol. Nadal's doing the right thing, get the required treatment so the real Nadal can show up at the Olympics and win it. Smart move.

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 07:56 AM
This is 2010 all over again, had tendinitis at exactly the same times, except the first treatment was just after MC that year..

roysid
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
I seriously think it is all superstition. In 2009 he pulled out of wimby and next year he won everything.
so they must have thought lets do the same thing again.

Clarky21
07-04-2012, 08:03 AM

It's just tennis,ffs.

Anyway,I think this is a smart move. Nadal plays too many exos anyway,so cancelling this one is the right thing to do. It never should have even been scheduled,especially right now,and in an olympic year as well.

Sentinel
07-04-2012, 08:07 AM
I believe Sir Hacksonvile has conveniently logged out and won't be seen by this account for some days. I think he'll be back as apun94 or some other one. Sadly, GodNovak also got banned.

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 08:10 AM
I think Rafa would be a fool not to have treatment, even if his knees are only in slight pain. He won't get a break between the end of this month and the end of the US Open. That's a lot of intense hardcourt tennis. I know he got treatment in July 2010 and was great at the US Open. I don't know for sure if he had treatment in July 2011, but someone else may know.

SLD76
07-04-2012, 08:16 AM
It's just tennis,ffs.

Anyway,I think this is a smart move. Nadal plays too many exos anyway,so cancelling this one is the right thing to do. It never should have even been scheduled,especially right now,and in an olympic year as well.

rofl..stalking my comments from other threads?

the butthurt is strong.

and yes it is bs, every year we go thru this injury of the knee from the guy who never looks injured.

and all of sudden he plays too many exhos..I remember during the madrid threads you and namelessone telling anybody who would listen the exhos were "glorified practice" and not a strain on nadal. roflmao.

TMF
07-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Obviously he doesn't want to show up so he's making up story by citing tendinitis. But even if he had any physical issues there shouldn't be a problem because playing exo is not stressful unlike a REAL match.

He hasn't gotten over his painful loss against Rosol in the 2nd round is the reason why he withdraws from exo. Had he win this year Wimbledon, no doubt he will show up for the exo.

TopFH
07-04-2012, 08:18 AM
It's just tennis,ffs.

I agree. You can't go around playing exhibitions when you have a packed schedule and then complain about the schedule.

PS: It would have saved him the problems of using an injury as the excuse and then making it look as if it was that injury that made him lose in the 2nd round.

Clarky21
07-04-2012, 08:24 AM
rofl..stalking my comments from other threads?the butthurt is strong.

and yes it is bs, every year we go thru this injury of the knee from the guy who never looks injured.

and all of sudden he plays too many exhos..I remember during the madrid threads you and namelessone telling anybody who would listen the exhos were "glorified practice" and not a strain on nadal. roflmao.

I told you I was going to post the same comment to you each and every single time you compain about Nadal. The hypocrisy is strong with you,huh?

You remember wrong. I have ALWAYS said that Nadal plays too many exos,and that he needs to cut his schedule not add to it. Get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

SLD76
07-04-2012, 08:25 AM
I told you I was going to post the same comment to you each and every single time you compain about Nadal. The hypocrisy is strong with you,huh?

You remember wrong. I have ALWAYS said that Nadal plays too many exos,and that he needs to cut his schedule not add to it. Get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

aww clarky Im flattered that you are stalking me, lmao.

How many phucks given?

zagor
07-04-2012, 08:26 AM
It's just tennis,ffs.

Clarky, I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with you on this one.

Tennis_Hands
07-04-2012, 08:29 AM
It's just tennis,ffs.

Hahaha. Cancelling the exo, that has been touted as the biggest there is, and with a good cause at that. On Bernabeu stadium, one of the biggest in Europe. Against the #1 player in the world.

The delusions are strong with the *******s.

Nadal uses the large publicity around that exo, to excuse one of the most shameful losses of his career, knowing, that a lot of people will hear it, and in a hope, that that will cut it for him.

Pathetic little loser that he is.

Clarky21
07-04-2012, 08:30 AM
aww clarky Im flattered that you are stalking me, lmao.

How many phucks given?

Nice of you to ignore the fact that you're a liar,and that I never said exos are a "glorified practice for Nadal". You're a pathetic waste,and not worth my time. Onto ignore you go,Mr. Liar. Have a nice life. :)

Clarky21
07-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Hahaha. Cancelling the exo, that has been touted as the biggest there is, and with a good cause at that. On Bernabeu stadium, one of the biggest in Europe. Against the #1 player in the world.

The delusions are strong with the *******s.

Nadal use the large publicity around that exo, to excuse one of the most shameful losses of his career, knowing, that a lot of people will hear it, and in a hope, that that will cut it for him.

Pathetic little loser that he is.

He never should have scheduled that exo to begin with. That was my point. And who gives a sh*t if it against the #1 player in the world,or where it's held? The fact is he never should have ever set this up to begin with. Especially during this time of year.

norbac
07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Wow, this guy is really something. Just can't help himself, always has an excuse. Not surprised though, he's become too predicable.

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Obviously he doesn't want to show up so he's making up story by citing tendinitis. But even if he had any physical issues there shouldn't be a problem because playing exo is not stressful unlike a REAL match.

He hasn't gotten over his painful loss against Rosol in the 2nd round is the reason why he withdraws from exo. Had he win this year Wimbledon, no doubt he will show up for the exo.

Don't forget, if Rafa Nadal is receiving treatment, it won't be possible to even run around for a couple of weeks let alone play an exhibition event. The doctor recommends a period of inactivity just after this treatment. I've been following it each year and he can't train immediately after it..

Sentinel
07-04-2012, 08:36 AM
It's just tennis,ffs.

So true. He should also cancel that other huge glorified cheesy exo which is held once in four years.

kragster
07-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Ah the Rafa bashing morons in full flight here , amusing :). From a psychological perspective though I think these threads ( as do the fed bashing ones ) serve as therapy for people who have little to cheer for in their own lives . I'm willing to bet good money that most haters are:

1) single/divorced/unhappy relationship
2) college students with lots of time or grown adults in Relatively stagnant jobs just going by life

drakulie
07-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Interesting that he didn't withdraw from two back-to-back meaningless exhos before the 2009 Wimbledon, when he and his team stated he had a severe knee injury that he needed to rest for 3 weeks. Instead, he withdrew from wimbledon only to be seen a few days later on a practice court.

Tennis_Hands
07-04-2012, 08:39 AM
He never should have scheduled that exo to begin with. That was my point. And who gives a sh*t if it against the #1 player in the world,or where it's held? The fact is he never should have ever set this up to begin with. Especially during this time of year.

Why?

According to the leading tennis experts from the Vamos Brigade, the exos are not a problem, since they have nothing to do with the intensity of the matches. But I will take your word for it. It will make sence, if Nadal really concentrates on his tennis between Wimbledon and the Olympics. But we already know, that that will not happen and he will have many more public appearances in that period, so, there.

And it is not like he didn't know what his schedule is, now is it? I like how a 26 years old is being pictured as someone, who needs to have extensive periods of rest, despite playing so few matches up until this time of the year.

Tennis_Hands
07-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Ah the Rafa bashing morons in full flight here , amusing :). From a psychological perspective though I think these threads ( as do the fed bashing ones ) serve as therapy for people who have little to cheer for in their own lives . I'm willing to bet good money that most haters are:

2) college students with lots of time or grown adults in Relatively stagnant jobs just going by life

You fail miserably.

Has it ever occured to you, that those people might have a point?

kragster
07-04-2012, 08:47 AM
You fail miserably.

Has it ever occured to you, that those people might have a point?

Did I describe you accurately enough? :)

We all have opinions however there is a filter in our brain that allows us to do some preprocessing before those opinions aRe voiced. Happy well adjusted people have this filter, they constantly challenge their own opinion multiple times and try to look at things through different lenses before the opinion makes it to the public.For example I am not a fed fan so the emotional side of my brain says that *******s are worse than *******s but then if I step back and think there is no logical reason to believe one fan base is worse wor better than another. So i can prevent myself from airing that opinion.

TMF
07-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Interesting that he didn't withdraw from two back-to-back meaningless exhos before the 2009 Wimbledon, when he and his team stated he had a severe knee injury that he needed to rest for 3 weeks. Instead, he withdrew from wimbledon only to be seen a few days later on a practice court.

Nadal doesn't take the loss that easy, especially on a biggest event(slams) in tennis. Even though he say it's just another loss, no biggie. But deep down inside he's torn apart. I remember last year at the press when Lebron James said he was feeling fine after losing to Dallas in the NBA final, but deep down we know it was killing him.

CocaCola
07-04-2012, 08:52 AM
http://twitpic.com/show/iphone/9z3eqy

Preparations at Santiago Bernabeu for hosting Nadal Vs. Djokovic

Nadal really messed up...

Lucy Brown
07-04-2012, 08:55 AM

Trolllll.......

Towser83
07-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Does remind me a bit of RG 2009 where no one heard anything about Nadal being in bad shape til the week after he lost. this time it sounds more like he's not had huge problems but is just taking the chance in this time off to get some treatment while he can so his knees hold up for the whole stretch ahead. would be better if he stressed his knees are ok but he needs to take some measures for the next few months. nothing ti complain about then. but look he didn't mention his knees after losing and he will be asked again in interviews about the loss so as long as he doesn't blame it on injury, ok. I think he's using this more as an excuse to not play the exo rather than explain his wimbledon loss.

When was the exo going to be held by the way?

CMM
07-04-2012, 09:03 AM
I think those are injection marks on his left knee.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06T21R7bLQ4F8/x1000.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05ZLdm3a3E3b9/800x.jpg

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Does remind me a bit of RG 2009 where no one heard anything about Nadal being in bad shape til the week after he lost. this time it sounds more like he's not had huge problems but is just taking the chance in this time off to get some treatment while he can so his knees hold up for the whole stretch ahead. would be better if he stressed his knees are ok but he needs to take some measures for the next few months. nothing ti complain about then. but look he didn't mention his knees after losing and he will be asked again in interviews about the loss so as long as he doesn't blame it on injury, ok. I think he's using this more as an excuse to not play the exo rather than explain his wimbledon loss.

Reminds me of 2010 because after winning Wimbledon he said he had felt some tendinitis pain in his knees toward the end of Roland Garros (which he also won). He doesn't like talking about his knees during slams.. But he had to bring it up eventually because he withdrew from Davis Cup after Wimbledon 2010. He had to speak about it then or people would ask "why no Davis Cup?"..

So if there was no Davis Cup in 2010 we probably wouldn't have heard about the treatment. And if there was no exho this year we probably wouldn't have heard about the treatment..

-RF-
07-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Reminds me of 2010 because after winning Wimbledon he said he had felt some tendinitis pain in his knees toward the end of Roland Garros (which he also won). He doesn't like talking about his knees during slams..

No, he loves talking about them after when he's lost LOL

Tennis_Hands
07-04-2012, 09:07 AM

We all have opinions however there is a filter in our brain that allows us to do some preprocessing before those opinions aRe voiced. Happy well adjusted people have this filter, they constantly challenge their own opinion multiple times and try to look at things through different lenses before the opinion makes it to the public.For example I am not a fed fan so the emotional side of my brain says that *******s are worse than *******s but then if I step back and think there is no logical reason to believe one fan base is worse wor better than another. So i can prevent myself from airing that opinion.

You didn't. That is precisely why I wrote, that you fail miserably. In fact, you couldn't be further away from the truth in my case.

People like you will never understand, that some people believe in such things as decency, moral etc. and when those things are challenged they react accordingly. Opinions are result of defending values and not, as you seem to think, a result of some sort of internet whining from their opponents.

90's Clay
07-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Im wishing he would just call it a career already... Every year its the knee tendonitis. Its a broken record. And every time he loses, the knee somehow plays a part in it.

Damn call it quits.. You got 11 slams and a butt ton of cash

kragster
07-04-2012, 09:19 AM
You didn't. That is precisely why I wrote, that you fail miserably. In fact, you couldn't be further away from the truth in my case.

People like you will never understand, that some people believe in such things as decency, moral etc. and when those things are challenged they react accordingly. Opinions are result of defending values and not, as you seem to think, a result of some sort of internet whining from their opponents.

But the problem is that you are delusional in your perception. I'm all for morals and decency. You can go through my posting history and see that I have criticized nadal and defended fed on quite a few occasions. What I'm not fine with is people using their Pre biases to make something as basic as nadal wanting to skip an exho and turning it into a " he needs time to take peds" or " he's making excuses" . If you were really a decent human being you would give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Im wishing he would just call it a career already... Every year its the knee tendonitis. Its a broken record. And every time he loses, the knee somehow plays a part in it.

Damn call it quits.. You got 11 slams and a butt ton of cash

Yeah right, when he knows he's got another French Open title each year haha very funny..

Sri
07-04-2012, 09:30 AM
http://twitpic.com/show/iphone/9z3eqy

Preparations at Santiago Bernabeu for hosting Nadal Vs. Djokovic

Nadal really messed up...
Did they sell enough tickets? It was a very ambitious target!

norbac
07-04-2012, 09:32 AM

Good catch .

Russeljones
07-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Sounds serious.

Clarky21
07-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Im wishing he would just call it a career already... Every year its the back problem. Its a broken record. And every time he loses, the back,mono,kids somehow plays a part in it.

Damn call it quits.. You got 16 slams and a butt ton of cash

Fixed it for you. :)

SLD76
07-04-2012, 09:49 AM

and how many years in a row have we heard about someone's injury of the knee./foot/finger/groin/leg/back/left butt cheek/shoulder/too little rest/too much rest?

:D

Gorecki
07-04-2012, 10:29 AM

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/c/b/cb001_ORIG-Rim_Shot.jpg

jukka1970
07-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Give the man a break, it's an exhibition that's being cancelled. They even say that him and Djokovic are looking for a different date.

I mean I get that sometimes the players will use excuses, but for crying out loud its an exhibition.

Gorecki
07-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Hello Dr. Phil.

i have a question for you:

how would you describe the life of self-righteous person who follow every step of a pro sports player, love every mistake he does and excuse every flaw of him, even when that person has been exposed to his numerous gamemanship, and go as far as xenophobic stalkery of other members for the sake of defending their man crush?

i would guess those are happilly married persons with massive carreers in f1 racing and runway modeling at the same time...

Bud
07-04-2012, 10:39 AM

Who cares................

ROFL! My thought exactly :)

Tennis_Hands
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
But the problem is that you are delusional in your perception. I'm all for morals and decency. You can go through my posting history and see that I have criticized nadal and defended fed on quite a few occasions. What I'm not fine with is people using their Pre biases to make something as basic as nadal wanting to skip an exho and turning it into a " he needs time to take peds" or " he's making excuses" . If you were really a decent human being you would give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Nadal has lost the right for the benfit of doubt, that every decent man will allow some random athlete.

I challenge you to explain why this announcement has been made after his loss to Rosol, and not say, before the tournament started. If (and that is a big if) his knees were acting, so that he couldn't play without direct interventions, he should have seen this coming. Besides, did you see ANYTHING in Nadal's movement in his match with Rosol, that suggest such an extreme take on the schedule? Please, explain.

Atherton2003
07-04-2012, 11:47 AM
leave Nadal alone.

zagor
07-04-2012, 11:51 AM

LOL! That guy hates Fed, he's a Sampras fanboy.

kragster
07-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Hello Dr. Phil.

i have a question for you:

how would you describe the life of self-righteous person who follow every step of a pro sports player, love every mistake he does and excuse every flaw of him, even when that person has been exposed to his numerous gamemanship, and go as far as xenophobic stalkery of other members for the sake of defending their man crush?

i would guess those are happilly married persons with massive carreers in f1 racing and runway modeling at the same time...

If you're referring to me then yes perhaps I'm self righteous but I'm not sure where you are getting the xenophobia or man crush parts from. If you're referring to someone like TDK or wolfman jack then as per my original post I lump them all into the same hater Category.

Mainad
07-04-2012, 12:37 PM

Really? How sad! :rolleyes:

Mustard
07-04-2012, 12:37 PM

Er, no. It's an explanation as to why he isn't going to play an exhibition with the Olympics coming up in a few weeks time.

Gorecki
07-04-2012, 12:38 PM
If you're referring to me then yes perhaps I'm self righteous but I'm not sure where you are getting the xenophobia or man crush parts from. If you're referring to someone like TDK or wolfman jack then as per my original post I lump them all into the same hater Category.

obviously i was not refering to you. i have never seen you take such stances. i however find stange your previous post where you define people who hate nadal with a label in the manners of the mentioned posters - hence the dr. phil reference!

kragster
07-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Nadal has lost the right for the benfit of doubt, that every decent man will allow some random athlete.

I challenge you to explain why this announcement has been made after his loss to Rosol, and not say, before the tournament started. If (and that is a big if) his knees were acting, so that he couldn't play without direct interventions, he should have seen this coming. Besides, did you see ANYTHING in Nadal's movement in his match with Rosol, that suggest such an extreme take on the schedule? Please, explain.

You're saying that nadal should have predicted that his tendinitis would flare up ? Do you know how ridiculous you are being ?

1) Firstly where in the statement does nadal say that his tendinitis bothered him during Wimbledon ?
2) secondly EVEN if it had been bothering him prior to wimbledon ( which he didn't say ) he reserves the right to change his schedule.

This is why you are biased you try to find ways to justify your agenda. Is it possible nadal is lying/faking? Sure. Is it probable? Unless you believe in a really silly psychological ploy that I can't imagine gives Rafa any advantage, I don't see it .

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-04-2012, 12:45 PM
I think it is a wise decision from Nadal. With the Olympics coming up, Nadal has the chance to skew the H2H with Djokovic to 20-14 (identical to the Sampras-Agassi H2H), and will certainly have the opportunity to beat Djokovic on all three surfaces this year. Let's not forget that Nadal has the golden opportunity to win 3 consecutive singles gold medals, on 3 different surfaces, on 3 different continents, by the age of 30, possibly the best longevity record of all. At that stage, he will have more than likely eclipsed the all time record for most slams, and the scary thing is that he will even be able to add to his tally by continuing to win Roland Garros into his 30s. :shock:

Numenor
07-04-2012, 12:45 PM

Looks like you forgot reason number 3:

Fed fans are like a certain political party in 1930's Germany. They needed someone to blame for their inadequacies and Nadal was the perfect target.

tennis_pro
07-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I think it is a wise decision from Nadal. With the Olympics coming up, Nadal has the chance to skew the H2H with Djokovic to 20-14 (identical to the Sampras-Agassi H2H), and will certainly have the opportunity to beat Djokovic on all three surfaces this year. Let's not forget that Nadal has the golden opportunity to win 3 consecutive singles gold medals, on 3 different surfaces, on 3 different continents, by the age of 30, possibly the best longevity record of all. At that stage, he will have more than likely eclipsed the all time record for most slams, and the scary thing is that he will even be able to add to his tally by continuing to win Roland Garros into his 30s. :shock:

you are so getting banned:)

kragster
07-04-2012, 12:50 PM
obviously i was not refering to you. i have never seen you take such stances. i however find stange your previous post where you define people who hate nadal with a label in the manners of the mentioned posters - hence the dr. phil reference!

I did say "as do fed bashing ones" :). My reaction was prompted by this thread in the sense that as a Rafa fan it gets to me more but my generalization was meant for all fan bases.

kragster
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Looks like you forgot reason number 3:

Nadalfan is a troll himself so pretty rich that he said something like that. I have no animosity against any fan base there are lots of brilliant fed posters on this board who I respect a lot.

Gorecki
07-04-2012, 12:57 PM
I did say "as do fed bashing ones" :). My reaction was prompted by this thread in the sense that as a Rafa fan it gets to me more but my generalization was meant for all fan bases.

however you defined Rafa haters as a general umbrella, where i include myself (proudly). and rest assured i am not lumped into neither of the definitions you used of. reason why i purposefully forced a reaction from you!

now lets see the rest of the show... popcorn? :)

Spring Pools
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I wonder who is more of a fake, him or ********...

TheTruth
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Nice of you to ignore the fact that you're a liar,and that I never said exos are a "glorified practice for Nadal". You're a pathetic waste,and not worth my time. Onto ignore you go,Mr. Liar. Have a nice life. :)

That's very true, Clarky21. You have always been dead set against the exos Nadal plays and very vocal about it. I don't know how that could have been misconstrued. If you said it once, there are at least 100 times you've said it to the contrary.

TheTruth
07-04-2012, 01:10 PM

This the most reasonable explanation. It never ceases to amaze me how much time some posters devote to hatred, assumptions, and all out lies. There is no one this board who is privy to his condition so many need to give it a rest.

TheTruth
07-04-2012, 01:13 PM

We all have opinions however there is a filter in our brain that allows us to do some preprocessing before those opinions aRe voiced. Happy well adjusted people have this filter, they constantly challenge their own opinion multiple times and try to look at things through different lenses before the opinion makes it to the public. For example I am not a fed fan so the emotional side of my brain says that *******s are worse than *******s but then if I step back and think there is no logical reason to believe one fan base is worse wor better than another. So i can prevent myself from airing that opinion.

I agree. I don't understand posters who voice allegations with conviction, as if they actually know what's going on. It's so sad to live life without a filter.

Hitman
07-04-2012, 01:14 PM
you are so getting banned:)

And exactly what difference will that make, really?

Clarky21
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
That's very true, Clarky21. You have always been dead set against the exos Nadal plays and very vocal about it. I don't know how that could have been misconstrued. If you said it once, there are at least 100 times you've said it to the contrary.

Thanks,TheTruth. :) I have never said one time that Nadal should play exos. Mr.Liar is simply full of excrement.

TheTruth
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
ROFL! My thought exactly :)

I know. It's especially funny thinking that Nadal cares what some posters on a internet forum thinks. Guess he should've checked with certain members of the Nadal Hate Brigade, lol.

kragster
07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
however you defined Rafa haters as a general umbrella, where i include myself (proudly). and rest assured i am not lumped into neither of the definitions you used of. reason why i purposefully forced a reaction from you!

now lets see the rest of the show... popcorn? :)

Alright then from now on whenever I say Rafa hater I will use an * :)

Rafa hater*

* disclaimer - above generalization is not valid for Gorecki who drives F1 cars and parties with super models :D

Hitman
07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I was speaking with a colleague of mine is who Spanish about the success of Spanish athletes, and we were primarily discussing the dominance shown by Spain in the Euro Championships. He knows I like tennis, so when I spoke about Rafa, he said that Spain adores Nadal and respects him as a champion, but sometimes he comes up with so much bs when he has to justify a loss that it leaves a bitter taste in even his fans from Spain. A champion of his caliber shouldn't being making excuses after very loss, apart from that the Spanish love him.

I kind of just shrugged and said thanks for being honest about it.

Tennis_Hands
07-04-2012, 01:23 PM
You're saying that nadal should have predicted that his tendinitis would flare up ? Do you know how ridiculous you are being ?

1) Firstly where in the statement does nadal say that his tendinitis bothered him during Wimbledon ?
2) secondly EVEN if it had been bothering him prior to wimbledon ( which he didn't say ) he reserves the right to change his schedule.

This is why you are biased you try to find ways to justify your agenda. Is it possible nadal is lying/faking? Sure. Is it probable? Unless you believe in a really silly psychological ploy that I can't imagine gives Rafa any advantage, I don't see it .

You think, that I sound ridiculous, because you are treating my words with prejudice.

1) I know, that Nadal sounds ridiculous. I asked you, did you see ANYTHING in his movement, that supposed, that he is having problem with his knees? Until we have a clear answer to that the explanation "his tendinitis flared up" doesn't hold up. Please, explain.

I know, that in his press release he says, that his doctors diagnosed him with tendinitis. Well, he has it for the past several years. Iflamation of such magnitude? Really? I would think, that we would have noticed that in his matches. So, my question stands. Did you see anything suspicious in his movement?

2) IF he had some problems, why didn't he announce them earlier and the subsequent cancellation of his exo, but waited until he lost?

It cracks me up to read your thoughts on the importance of Nadal's actions. One would think, that you have absolutely no idea how the gemesmanship works.

Anyway, as soon as I get your answer to my question, I am done with you. You could believe in whatever you want. That will not change my opinion on Nadal.

TheTruth
07-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks,TheTruth. :) I have never said one time that Nadal should play exos. Mr.Liar is simply full of excrement.

No problem. I hate to see people misrepresent what others have said.

kragster
07-04-2012, 01:56 PM
You think, that I sound ridiculous, because you are treating my words with prejudice.

1) I know, that Nadal sounds ridiculous. I asked you, did you see ANYTHING in his movement, that supposed, that he is having problem with his knees? Until we have a clear answer to that the explanation "his tendinitis flared up" doesn't hold up. Please, explain.

I know, that in his press release he says, that his doctors diagnosed him with tendinitis. Well, he has it for the past several years. Iflamation of such magnitude? Really? I would think, that we would have noticed that in his matches. So, my question stands. Did you see anything suspicious in his movement?

2) IF he had some problems, why didn't he announce them earlier and the subsequent cancellation of his exo, but waited until he lost?

It cracks me up to read your thoughts on the importance of Nadal's actions. One would think, that you have absolutely no idea how the gemesmanship works.

Anyway, as soon as I get your answer to my question, I am done with you. You could believe in whatever you want. That will not change my opinion on Nadal.

First of all YOU are the one claiming this is a big injury. Not Nadal not me
. YOU are also the one claiming that he is trying to use this as an excuse .

My viewpoint is that this is not a big thing that could have affected him at Wimbledon and neither Is he claiming that this is a big injury. Comprende?

You probably dont know the first thing about tendinitis but I live with it and I can tell you that 99% of the time it's not that bad and just resting your knee goes a long way. All Rafa is doing is that he needs some rest so es skipping an echo but obviously he can't just bail without a reason so he has to talks about his tendinitis. Until you show me proof that he or his camp has claimed that he was hampered during Wimbledon you have no grounds for saying that he is coming up with an excuse except your biased views that everyone on this forum is well aware of.

Tennis_Hands
07-04-2012, 02:09 PM
First of all YOU are the one claiming this is a big injury. Not Nadal not me
. YOU are also the one claiming that he is trying to use this as an excuse .

My viewpoint is that this is not a big thing that could have affected him at Wimbledon and neither Is he claiming that this is a big injury. Comprende?.

So, it is not a big injury, but he cancels the highly touted exo match with the world #1 on one of the biggest stadiums in Europe? Does that make sense to you? And why the heck is he cancelling it in the first place, if he doesn't have a serious injury?

You probably dont know the first thing about tendinitis but I live with it and I can tell you that 99% of the time it's not that bad and just resting your knee goes a long way. All Rafa is doing is that he needs some rest so es skipping an echo but obviously he can't just bail without a reason so he has to talks about his tendinitis. Until you show me proof that he or his camp has claimed that he was hampered during Wimbledon you have no grounds for saying that he is coming up with an excuse except your biased views that everyone on this forum is well aware of.

I have medical education, so I am pretty sure that I have an idea, what I am talking about.

But your entire post (if you really believe what you are writing) suggests that Nadal lies and makes a laughing stock of his fans, ripping them off in the process (since I assume, that a lot of people have already paid to watch the said exo, and those money will be returned without the pending interests), just to insure himself a bit of spare time. Either way, it is a disaster, no?

Oh, and I will live with the label, that I am a man, who dislikes Nadal's gamesmanship and despicable behaviour.

Tony48
07-04-2012, 02:30 PM
I had no idea an exho was even being played.

Unless he withdraws from the Olympics, I don't know what all of the fuss is about.

Rhino
07-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Nadal trying to grab headlines during the 2nd week of Wimbeldon. Good luck with that.

ductrung3993
07-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Nobody can beat Nadal when he's not injured (according to him)

Top secret news, you heard it here first.

ViscaB
07-05-2012, 01:36 AM
This the most reasonable explanation. It never ceases to amaze me how much time some posters devote to hatred, assumptions, and all out lies. There is no one this board who is privy to his condition so many need to give it a rest.

I have said it so many times as well. Coming to a tennis forum you expect sport minded people and not the host of whiners you have on here.

It's pretty amazing how far medical science has advanced, without his state of the art treatment Rafa would had to stop tennis years ago.

tennis_pro
07-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Nobody can beat Nadal when he's not injured (according to him)

Top secret news, you heard it here first.

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

Tennis_Hands
07-05-2012, 01:47 AM
I have said it so many times as well. Coming to a tennis forum you expect sport minded people and not the host of whiners you have on here.

That would mean the absence of almost the entire Vamos Brigade, including the poster, you are responding to.

Alchemy-Z
07-05-2012, 04:00 AM
Hope he recovers quickly and is ready for the olympics.

SLD76
07-05-2012, 04:04 AM
It's for his foundation.
All the benefits were meant to go to the Spanish Anti Doping Agency for Kids

roflmao!

:)

btw, just so you know...VB, its not just the people on this board.
The espn tennis board isnt necc the best for tactical conversation, but they sure call a spade a spade when they see it.

http://espn.go.com/community/forums/_/category/more/tennis#!/topic/1341424133-128-952

namelessone
07-05-2012, 04:20 AM
roflmao!

:)

btw, just so you know...VB, its not just the people on this board.
The espn tennis board isnt necc the best for tactical conversation, but they sure call a spade a spade when they see it.

http://espn.go.com/community/forums/_/category/more/tennis#!/topic/1341424133-128-952

In a topic that says "Nadal is injured - afterall tendinitis strikes again" and in which the OP says "He sure took his time but made the injury announcement everyone was expecting". Yep, not a hating/flaming tread, nope siree, just honest observation. The doping accusations against Nadal in the same thread come from "objective" posters as well.

Even the people commenting here fail to see that Nadal didn't blame his loss to Rosol on tendinitis(I for one didn't hear anything along these lines). The dude has chronic tendinitis issues in both knees and he probably had a flare-up after WB and though it best to not take ANY chances before the Olympic Games. I doubt Rafa would have skipped the charity if he had nothing big between WB and USO HC season.

It's funny in a way, Nadal pulls out of a charity event(for his own foundation) due to some health issues(I would actually call it excessive precaution, I doubt he is severely injured) and the haters try to spin it as an excuse for a match that he lost a week ago.

Rocky89
07-05-2012, 04:37 AM
In a topic that says "Nadal is injured - afterall tendinitis strikes again" and in which the OP says "He sure took his time but made the injury announcement everyone was expecting". Yep, not a hating/flaming tread, nope siree, just honest observation. The doping accusations against Nadal in the same thread come from "objective" posters as well.

Even the people commenting here fail to see that Nadal didn't blame his loss to Rosol on tendinitis(I for one didn't hear anything along these lines). The dude has chronic tendinitis issues in both knees and he probably had a flare-up after WB and though it best to not take ANY chances before the Olympic Games. I doubt Rafa would have skipped the charity if he had nothing big between WB and USO HC season.

It's funny in a way, Nadal pulls out of a charity event(for his own foundation) due to some health issues(I would actually call it excessive precaution, I doubt he is severely injured) and the haters try to spin it as an excuse for a match that he lost a week ago.

I'm starting to think that some people just choose to ignore facts and make silly assumptions. It is beyond ridiculous.

Exactly, Nadal NEVER blamed his loss to Rosol on his knees. Has anyone bothered to watch his press conference. Also as CMM posted earlier he had injection marks on his knees so obviously the knees have been bothering him and his reason for withdrawing from the exhibition is legitimate. I doubt he did this to 'get headlines' or 'create an excuse' seeing as this was for his own foundation.

And what people failed to realise is that he could have brought up his injections in the press conference and say his knees were bothering him, but he didn't. So the haters are just blowing this way out of proportion and grabbing this chance to spew more hate.

Nostradamus
07-05-2012, 04:49 AM
does this hurt his chances of him winning the gold medal ?

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-05-2012, 04:51 AM

No, because he will be more rested than the other members of the top 4.

SLD76
07-05-2012, 04:54 AM

once again, you are so hell bent on defending rafa that you miss the forest for the trees.

My point, dear one, was that the reality is, its not just people on this forum who call out rafa for his bs. Go read articles on other sites regarding this latest injury and then read the comments thereafter. You may learn something.

The point is, that unlike the *****, many people see thru team nadal's b.s. and call him out for it accordingly.

namelessone
07-05-2012, 05:11 AM
once again, you are so hell bent on defending rafa that you miss the forest for the trees.

My point, dear one, was that the reality is, its not just people on this forum who call out rafa for his bs. Go read articles on other sites regarding this latest injury and then read the comments thereafter. You may learn something.

The point is, that unlike the *****, many people see thru team nadal's b.s. and call him out for it accordingly.

I will, just like what I learned in TW, which is that some people will exaggerate almost everything about a player if they truly dislike/hate him for some reason(some valid, some not). I bet that some of our "loyal" TW Nadal haters(and perhaps some banned ones as well) posted in that espn thread and maybe in other places as well. Just because they hate in a multitude of places on the internet doesn't make them right, it just means they like to spread their hate. And as you can see the *** patterns here, I also see the same tired arguments that the haters bring up about Nadal, doesn't matter if that place is TW,MTF,Espn forum.

All that it proves it that Nadal has a nr. of dedicated haters that post in many places but many more fans. The reality is always seen ON THE GROUND, not on Internet forums(where anonimity breeds a-holes and hyperbolization is a practice on the Internet), and Nadal, like Fed,Djoko and so on is absolutely SWARMED when he practices, even in places where he isn't traditionally liked and his matches put a lot of asses in seats. Where the heck are haters in reality? Why aren't they at Nadal matches/practices loudly protesting his time wasting/2 year system/coaching/injury faking/MTO's and so on? I mean, Nadal is KILLING TENNIS, if they feel so strongly about it, they should act. I could say the same thing about the Fed haters. Where are the WON SLAMS IN WEAK ERA signs at Fed matches/practices?

Plus, let's face it, a "controversial" article, thread, will definitely bring many more hits. Even on TW, where it's a lot more civilized than in other places, we have many baiting/hating threads where there is nothing but bile on display. There is a thread about Fed's back "excuses" by a known Fed hater that reached 7-8 pages for Christ's sake.

DRII
07-05-2012, 05:20 AM

So to counteract indecency, immorality etc (as you see it)... You make indecent, immoral etc comments.

Hypocrisy much!

Also, its a freaking exo match (for a good cause), that will be rescheduled. Words like defending values, morality, and decency really don't belong in this discussion. Please get some perspective...

SLD76
07-05-2012, 05:22 AM
I will, just like what I learned in TW, which is that some people will exaggerate almost everything about a player if they truly dislike/hate him for some reason(some valid, some not). I bet that some of our "loyal" TW Nadal haters(and perhaps some banned ones as well) posted in that espn thread and maybe in other places as well. Just because they hate in a multitude of places on the internet doesn't make them right, it just means they like to spread their hate. And as you can see the *** patterns here, I also see the same tired arguments that the haters bring up about Nadal, doesn't matter if that place is TW,MTF,Espn forum.

All that it proves it that Nadal has a nr. of dedicated haters that post in many places but many more fans. The reality is always seen ON THE GROUND, not on Internet forums(where anonimity breeds a-holes and hyperbolization is a practice on the Internet), and Nadal, like Fed,Djoko and so on is absolutely SWARMED when he practices, even in places where he isn't traditionally liked and his matches put a lot of asses in seats. Where the heck are haters in reality? Why aren't they at Nadal matches/practices loudly protesting his time wasting/2 year system/coaching/injury faking/MTO's and so on? I mean, Nadal is KILLING TENNIS, if they feel so strongly about it, they should act.

Plus, let's face it, a "controversial" article, thread, will definitely bring many more hits. Even on TW, where it's a lot more civilized than in other places, we have many baiting/hating threads where there is nothing but bile on display. There is a thread about Fed's back "excuses" by a known Fed hater that reached 7-8 pages for Christ's sake.

whats exaggerated are your responses.

and second of all, do you even understand the criticism?

I think people get tired of his "injury" bs after a loss, before a tournament, during a match, when he never displays signs of being hampered or injured.
Especially after an upset, because he takes credit away from the other player who beat him.

As for the fed thread, sure that is trolling....but rafa has been pulling these stunts for years, see the difference?

namelessone
07-05-2012, 05:22 AM
So to counteract indecency, immorality etc (as you see it)... You make indecent, immoral etc comments.

Hypocrisy much!

Also, its a freaking exo match (for a good cause), that will be rescheduled. Words like defending values, morality, and decency really don't belong in this discussion. Please get some perspective...

Hyperbolization. It's a wonderful thing.

DRII
07-05-2012, 05:35 AM
whats exaggerated are your responses.

and second of all, do you even understand the criticism?

I think people get tired of his "injury" bs after a loss, before a tournament, during a match, when he never displays signs of being hampered or injured.
Especially after an upset, because he takes credit away from the other player who beat him.

As for the fed thread, sure that is trolling....but rafa has been pulling these stunts for years, see the difference?

Come on SLD, I know we're from the same 'tribe', but half the time i don't get your responses...

Nadal was not making an excuse but just explaining why he canceled the exo match -- which I'm sure will give a little solice to the thousands that payed to see him play. Thats it!

namelessone
07-05-2012, 05:44 AM

The only people that get "tired" of "injury BS" are people that already have a bone to pick with Nadal in the first place, many of them being birthed the moment Nadal denied their fav player several times. Overtly sensitive people that overanalyze anything that comes out of Nadal's mouth and who analyze his every move to find something to b!tch about.

I really get why Nadal is criticized. Many times he deserves it and I can see the objectivity behind it. See excessive time wasting(I don't mean going 5 over, but 20 secs or more), stupid 2 year system, criticizing opponent's breathing(if this is true, I don't see how this could be in real life since I doubt you could hear the other guy unless he was a wheezing asthmatic).

But most of the things Nadal is criticized for are very subjective and have become obssession of the haters who can't deal with the fact that Nadal wins. See MTO obsessions(omg, when will Nadal pull a MTO, no one here was even able to provide me a list of his 2011 MTO's even though "Nadal always takes MTO's when he loses"), *** picking obsessions(notice how the haters are more obsessed with Nadal's habit than his fans), "death stares"/fistpumps thing, weak English skills, excessive diplomacy(FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!) in interviews, the "take clay out of" discussions etc.

Some of these things have been shown in this Rosol situation. Roughly a week after Nadal's loss, he says that he had a tendinitis flare-up(not exactly a new condition) for which he needs rest, he misses out on his OWN charity event, on his fav team's pitch and the haters skewed mind takes them to the "Nadal excuses his loss through injury" place that they are so comfortable with even though Nadal said absolutely nothing about that match and tendinitis, even though, as Rocky89 said, he could have easily gone there given the marks on his left knee.

I've yet to see an explanation for why Nadal didn't take a MTO in the fifth set against Rosol(of course the haters glossed over this fact because they got their wish - Nadal was out, doesn't matter if the MTO theory was blown to smithereens yet again). If he is supposedly bold enough to do it against Fed/DelPo as a strategy, how come he wasn't willing to do it against nr.100 in the world? Cue the "he knew Rosol was on fire no matter what" answers.

SLD76
07-05-2012, 06:07 AM
The only people that get "tired" of "injury BS" are people that already have a bone to pick with Nadal in the first place, many of them being birthed the moment Nadal denied their fav player several times. Overtly sensitive people that overanalyze anything that comes out of Nadal's mouth and who analyze his every move to find something to b!tch about.

I really get why Nadal is criticized. Many times he deserves it and I can see the objectivity behind it. See excessive time wasting(I don't mean going 5 over, but 20 secs or more), stupid 2 year system, criticizing opponent's breathing(if this is true, I don't see how this could be in real life since I doubt you could hear the other guy unless he was a wheezing asthmatic).

But most of the things Nadal is criticized for are very subjective and have become obssession of the haters who can't deal with the fact that Nadal wins. See MTO obsessions(omg, when will Nadal pull a MTO, no one here was even able to provide me a list of his 2011 MTO's even though "Nadal always takes MTO's when he loses"), *** picking obsessions(notice how the haters are more obsessed with Nadal's habit than his fans), "death stares"/fistpumps thing, weak English skills, excessive diplomacy(FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!) in interviews, the "take clay out of" discussions etc.

Some of these things have been shown in this Rosol situation. Roughly a week after Nadal's loss, he says that he had a tendinitis flare-up(not exactly a new condition) for which he needs rest, he misses out on his OWN charity event, on his fav team's pitch and the haters skewed mind takes them to the "Nadal excuses his loss through injury" place that they are so comfortable with even though Nadal said absolutely nothing about that match and tendinitis, even though, as Rocky89 said, he could have easily gone there given the marks on his left knee.

I've yet to see an explanation for why Nadal didn't take a MTO in the fifth set against Rosol(of course the haters glossed over this fact because they got their wish - Nadal was out, doesn't matter if the MTO theory was blown to smithereens yet again). If he is supposedly bold enough to do it against Fed/DelPo as a strategy, how come he wasn't willing to do it against nr.100 in the world? Cue the "he knew Rosol was on fire no matter what" answers.

Ill give you one...maybe because even Jonny Mac called Nadal out for his questionable MTO against petschner, and it was brought up again during his MTO against Delpo last year. I remember AO 2011, he said in the press conference after the match that he didnt want to retire, as he didnt want to seem like he is always retiring(when being outplayed). Maybe he took people calling him out on his MTO's to heart too? No?

Also, the fact that the guy is ranked 100 in the world....you figure he will run out of steam at some point, but the guy never did.

SLD76
07-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Come on SLD, I know we're from the same 'tribe', but half the time i don't get your responses...

Nadal was not making an excuse but just explaining why he canceled the exo match -- which I'm sure will give a little solice to the thousands that payed to see him play. Thats it!

Again, it seems like after loss or upset, comes word from camp nadal of injury...and this from a guy who I swear has never looked injured or hampered on the court, ever. Always running fil tilt like a bat out of hell.

After the soderling upset at FO, we began hearing about the knee..and many people felt like it was sour grapes on nadal's part to basically insinuate he lost due to injury.

AGain, if rafa had said that he needed a rest period after a long hard cc and grass swing, ok fine, anbody who is a tennis fan could appreciate and understand that. But..frankly, his dubious "injuries" get tiresome after a while.

Nostradamus
07-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Is Nadal playing with Lopez for the doubles gold in olympics ? that could be a team to beat.

Sentinel
07-05-2012, 06:22 AM
The gold medal at the exho? Yes, certainly.

hehe. No. He prolly is not injured, just making an excuse to get some rest. Move on everybody.

namelessone
07-05-2012, 06:23 AM

Ill give you one...maybe because even Jonny Mac called Nadal out for his questionable MTO against petschner, and it was brought up again during his MTO against Delpo last year. I remember AO 2011, he said in the press conference after the match that he didnt want to retire, as he didnt want to seem like he is always retiring(when being outplayed).

Actually, he said that he didn't want to retire two times in a row in AO so that people wouldn't say that he made it a habit in this venue. Nadal didn't want to pull out against Murray in 2010 but he had a sharp pain similar to 2009 and didn't want to risk it. Against Ferrer, he was basically hobbled since the 2nd game of the match but stayed on court with minimal movement just so he wouldn't repeat the embarassment of retiring in a slam. If I'm not mistaken, AO 2010 is the first time Nadal retired during a slam.

Maybe he took people calling him out on his MTO's to heart too? No?

No way man, Nadal had no shame last time I checked TW.

Also, the fact that the guy is ranked 100 in the world....you figure he will run out of steam at some point, but the guy never did.

We're talking 5th set here. Maybe your theory would hold if Rosol had a slim lead but by the middle of the fifth he had lost just 3 points on serve and had broken Nadal. Surely a serial MTO taker like Nadal would have seen the danger by that point in the match(TW also taught me that Nadal KNOWS when to press with MTO's since they always seem to work,no?), especially since he got broken in the very first game.

SLD76
07-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Actually, he said that he didn't want to retire two times in a row in AO so that people wouldn't say that he made it a habit in this venue. Nadal didn't want to pull out against Murray in 2010 but he had a sharp pain similar to 2009 and didn't want to risk it. Against Ferrer, he was basically hobbled since the 2nd game of the match but stayed on court with minimal movement just so he wouldn't repeat the embarassment of retiring in a slam. If I'm not mistaken, AO 2010 is the first time Nadal retired during a slam.

We're talking 5th set here. Maybe your theory would hold if Rosol had a slim lead but by the middle of the fifth he had lost just 3 points on serve and had broken Nadal. Surely a serial MTO taker like Nadal would have seen the danger by that point in the match(TW also taught me that Nadal KNOWS when to press with MTO's since they always seem to work,no?), especially since he got broken in the very first game.

I gave you a reason, and you ignored it.

Again, McEnroe, who can be a huge ******** as anyone, even he called out rafa for his MTO against petschner. There was also grumbling about his MTO against Delpo last year. Based on RAfa's comments after his AO 2011 QF match, that tells me that he is not unaware about what people may or may not say about him. Therefore, maybe ..just maybe, he didnt want to be known as the guy who takes MTOs every time he is in trouble in a match.

Plausible? Yes? No?

ivan_the_terrible
07-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Rafa fails to note the connection between PRP treatment for his knees and his mouth full of pearly whites.

We all know that for a drug to work, it MUST have side effects, otherwise it's just a placebo.

Start da Game
07-05-2012, 07:35 AM
july is the month when he receives his yearly tendinitis treatment sessions.......tendinitis is a permanent case and the knees need treatment every single time he pushes the limit and overplays.......

DrpShot!
07-05-2012, 07:44 AM
They have injections for bruisedegoitis?

rafan
07-05-2012, 08:20 AM

Oh don't take any notice of them. What worries me more is that if he decides not to compete in the Olympics. We will never really know how much he suffers with this tendinitis as it is ongoing but I have noticed lately he is very concerned about the state of the court and whether he will slip so I don't think it is getting any better.

ivan_the_terrible
07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Rafa's plan this year is to win FO, Olympics & WTF. The FO was to seal the 7th title. Why Olympics you may ask? He wants to prevent Fed from getting the last elusive title. The WTF he wants to accomplish before his career is over.

Mark my words, he won't do anything at USO this year either, I predict a 4th round loss.

His PRP treatments are already scheduled accordingly to accomplish this.

CMM
07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
*******s are getting more and more pathetic every day.

TheTruth
07-05-2012, 09:54 AM

All that it proves it that Nadal has a nr. of dedicated haters that post in many places but many more fans. The reality is always seen ON THE GROUND, not on Internet forums(where anonimity breeds a-holes and hyperbolization is a practice on the Internet), and Nadal, like Fed,Djoko and so on is absolutely SWARMED when he practices, even in places where he isn't traditionally liked and his matches put a lot of asses in seats. Where the heck are haters in reality? Why aren't they at Nadal matches/practices loudly protesting his time wasting/2 year system/coaching/injury faking/MTO's and so on? I mean, Nadal is KILLING TENNIS, if they feel so strongly about it, they should act. I could say the same thing about the Fed haters. Where are the WON SLAMS IN WEAK ERA signs at Fed matches/practices?

Wow! That was an awesome post!

TheTruth
07-05-2012, 09:57 AM

Hypocrisy much!

Agree 100%. Canceling an exho somehow equates to immorality, indecency, and values? I didn't get that either.

Alchemy-Z
07-05-2012, 09:59 AM
The guy has the Olympics comming up...He can play an Exo later.

Can't imagine Novak is to torn about more of a break either.

TheTruth
07-05-2012, 10:30 AM

Good stuff.

What cracks me up is when the whiners tout the commentators are "credible" sources to support their claims against Nadal and MTO's, time-wasting, etc. Hasn't anyone noticed that these very claims originated with the same commentators? Who expects them to be fair? The same commentators who have drooled over Federer for years and touted him as the greatest ever suddenly got hoof and mouth disease when this one-dimensional "dirtballer" started beating the guy they told us was untouchable. It never ceases to amaze me how this stuff is right out in the open and most people are too blind to see it.

Tennis_Hands
07-05-2012, 11:51 AM

What happened to the "lets stay positive" attitude? How about "do not feed the trolls"?

Pathetic, you say ...

rommil
07-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Is it approaching dangerously low Nadturdian level?:)

TennezSport
07-05-2012, 02:34 PM
one-dimensional "dirtballer" clay court specialist :twisted:

Cheers TennezSport :cool:

cc0509
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Oh don't take any notice of them. What worries me more is that if he decides not to compete in the Olympics. We will never really know how much he suffers with this tendinitis as it is ongoing but I have noticed lately he is very concerned about the state of the court and whether he will slip so I don't think it is getting any better.

LOL if you actually think Nadal will not compete in the Olympics this year. :roll:

cc0509
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM

By the way, I do have a favourite Fed fan twitter account - http://twitter.com/heatherbevan :)

As a Federer fan, I can honestly say those two Federer fans are embarrassing lunatics but there are just as many Nadal fans on twitter who are the same way.

Crisstti
07-05-2012, 03:48 PM
july is the month when he receives his yearly tendinitis treatment sessions.......tendinitis is a permanent case and the knees need treatment every single time he pushes the limit and overplays.......

I actually find this rather worrying. It cannot just be a treatment he had always planned on doing, he wouldn't have scheduled the exo at the same time if that was the case...

Being that he often has problems around this time of the year though, one has to wonder why he'd schedule the exo at this time. Was it supposed to coincide with some Real Madrid anniversary celebration?

As for haters here... they're just as silly as always I guess. These people I swear, are either just trolling or they're simply not exactly smart people. Somehow, to them if he after losing, it means he's making it up to have an excuse, and if he says he has a tendinitis flare-up after winning... it means he's making it up as well.

Never mind that you could see the needle marks on his knee at Wimbledon. That must just be part of the conspiracy I guess!.

Oh, and for delutional haters the fact that a chronic injury comes up again and agin in time is somehow proof that there is no chronic injury.

Agree 100%. Canceling an exho somehow equates to immorality, indecency, and values? I didn't get that either.

I don't think he knows what those words mean, so don't bother.

Crisstti
07-05-2012, 03:53 PM

The 14th.
I don't think "his knees are ok but he needs to take some measures for the next few months". He wouldn't have suspended the exo if they were OK, after he had kept promoting it... it's not a small issue for many people that it got suspended really. I've read many comments from people who were going from abroad and had bought plane tickets and booked hotels. No one's going to return that money to them.

Start da Game
07-06-2012, 01:29 AM
I actually find this rather worrying. It cannot just be a treatment he had always planned on doing, he wouldn't have scheduled the exo at the same time if that was the case...

Being that he often has problems around this time of the year though, one has to wonder why he'd schedule the exo at this time. Was it supposed to coincide with some Real Madrid anniversary celebration?

As for haters here... they're just as silly as always I guess. These people I swear, are either just trolling or they're simply not exactly smart people. Somehow, to them if he after losing, it means he's making it up to have an excuse, and if he says he has a tendinitis flare-up after winning... it means he's making it up as well.

Never mind that you could see the needle marks on his knee at Wimbledon. That must just be part of the conspiracy I guess!.

Oh, and for delutional haters the fact that a chronic injury comes up again and agin in time is somehow proof that there is no chronic injury.

he won wimbledon 2010 while being in pain and rushed to the doctors straight after the final.......it is a yearly session and it will be done as long as he plays.......without these treatment sessions, he cannot continue anymore as a tennis player.......he first developed knee tendinitis at the age of 17 and has been undergoing treatments ever since.......

*******s and *********s have no clue about it and keep mocking him all the time......nadal's injury can flare up at any time and we don't even know how many times he played matches being in pain......

he once said in 2008 that he is used to playing in pain, that must suck.......well that must have stopped sucking now because he is used to it.......

his scheduling though sometimes never makes sense.......people say that he is very soft towards exhibition commitments and cannot throw a harsh NO to those who invite him to play.......

CMM
07-06-2012, 01:45 AM

I agree.
By the way, Verdasco is having similar problems and he's using the same type of treatment.

http://twitter.com/FeVerdasco7/status/202783977268981763
http://twitter.com/FeVerdasco7/status/203052975978061825

Sentinel
07-06-2012, 04:11 AM
he won wimbledon 2010 while being in pain and rushed to the doctors straight after the final.......it is a yearly session and it will be done as long as he plays.......without these treatment sessions, he cannot continue anymore as a tennis player.......he first developed knee tendinitis at the age of 17 and has been undergoing treatments ever since.......

*******s and *********s have no clue about it and keep mocking him all the time......nadal's injury can flare up at any time and we don't even know how many times he played matches being in pain......

he once said in 2008 that he is used to playing in pain, that must suck.......well that must have stopped sucking now because he is used to it.......

his scheduling though sometimes never makes sense.......people say that he is very soft towards exhibition commitments and cannot throw a harsh NO to those who invite him to play.......
It's not Nadal and his injury, which we perfectly understand. It's the irony that one Nadal fan cum Fed hater, JacksonVile started a thread on Fed's injury just one day before Nadal declared this. It's this stunt of dear JV that is being backlashed.

Anyone who has been active in sports, heck even any couch potato who follows any sports in the newspaper knows how much players battle with injuries.

Anyway, now it's pointless to say who started all this idiocy. It's like those wars going on for generations. Either you get into it, or you stay out.

Tennis_Hands
07-06-2012, 07:16 AM
The 14th.
I don't think "his knees are ok but he needs to take some measures for the next few months". He wouldn't have suspended the exo if they were OK, after he had kept promoting it... it's not a small issue for many people that it got suspended really. I've read many comments from people who were going from abroad and had bought plane tickets and booked hotels. No one's going to return that money to them.

But what hapened to "exos are not dangerous for players' health, because the are nowhere near the intensity of the matches"? :oops:

Either now you admit, that this "newfound" tendinosis is not a good enough reason to postpone that particular exo, or you admit, that for years, the entire Vamos Brigade (including you) has been spewing BS, when it comes to the issue with Nadal's complaints about the packed schedule and him playing exos at the same time.

Another interesting question is "Would Nadal have left Wimbledon, should he have won his match with Rosol, and with his knee(s) bothering him?" I think, that the answer to that question leads directly to the answer of the question, whether this exo was postponed for the reasons, Nadal gives.

Tennis_Hands
07-06-2012, 07:26 AM

You are digging your own grave with that remark. Let me ask you this question:

Why, since Nadal KNEW for sure (I assume, that he has been treated BEFORE his match with Rosol, since we saw the said marks during that match) that he is having an acute inflamation, didn't he announce prior to that match, that he is not going to participate in that exo?

It is only natural, that, if he thinks about the people , who bought tickets for it, as he lead us to believe with his official press statement, he should give them enough time to amend their plans, and not wait until the last moment, before he announces hit withdrawal.

Crisstti
07-06-2012, 01:33 PM

It cannot just be a routine treatment or he wouldn't have needed to suspend the exo. He either wasn't planning on it or he thought he could take less time to recover from it. Didn't he just take a week earlier in the year?. He said 15 days with not even practising now.

I'm pretty sure the Real Madrid exo had been scheduled now because it was the 100 and something anniversary of the club.

DoubleDeuce
07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Poor gesture.

Like FO 09 wants to make it about knees. GTFOH

Crisstti
07-06-2012, 01:45 PM
I agree.
By the way, Verdasco is having similar problems and he's using the same type of treatment.

I hope they've just decided that he needs to take a more proper rest time for the treatment to work (I think it's even supposed to be longer than 15 days).

It's not Nadal and his injury, which we perfectly understand. It's the irony that one Nadal fan cum Fed hater, JacksonVile started a thread on Fed's injury just one day before Nadal declared this. It's this stunt of dear JV that is being backlashed.

Anyone who has been active in sports, heck even any couch potato who follows any sports in the newspaper knows how much players battle with injuries.

Anyway, now it's pointless to say who started all this idiocy. It's like those wars going on for generations. Either you get into it, or you stay out.

But no one was talking about you Senti :). It was about haters.

But what hapened to "exos are not dangerous for players' health, because the are nowhere near the intensity of the matches"? :oops:

Either now you admit, that this "newfound" tendinosis is not a good enough reason to postpone that particular exo, or you admit, that for years, the entire Vamos Brigade (including you) has been spewing BS, when it comes to the issue with Nadal's complaints about the packed schedule and him playing exos at the same time.

Another interesting question is "Would Nadal have left Wimbledon, should he have won his match with Rosol, and with his knee(s) bothering him?" I think, that the answer to that question leads directly to the answer of the question, whether this exo was postponed for the reasons, Nadal gives.

Exos are not dangerous for players. This has nothing to do with that. Let's assume an exo is akin to a practice. He cannot practice after the treatment, he can barely walk. So obviously he cannot play the exo. It's not the tendinitis itself that's stopping him from playing the exo (answering with this something that had been brought up earlier in the thread about how come he played those exos before Wimbledon 2009). It's the treatment.

ivan_the_terrible
07-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Needle marks???? What size needles are they using? Those marks look like they were made with .357 magnum for heaven's sake.

And which doctor draws & reintroduces fluid into the knee caps?

*******s are so freaking gullible, I swear they have the mental capacity of an 8 yr old when it comes to all things Nadal.

ivan_the_terrible
07-06-2012, 02:04 PM

Hmm..on second thoughts, Nadal looks pretty emaciated in the 2nd pic, maybe he was under the weather.

Tennis_Hands
07-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Exos are not dangerous for players. This has nothing to do with that. Let's assume an exo is akin to a practice. He cannot practice after the treatment, he can barely walk. So obviously he cannot play the exo. It's not the tendinitis itself that's stopping him from playing the exo (answering with this something that had been brought up earlier in the thread about how come he played those exos before Wimbledon 2009). It's the treatment.

I am pretty sure, that he said something about nice vacation(s). You sure that he will be able to enjoy those sitting in a chair? :roll:

Oh, would you care to answer the question in post#160?

Crisstti
07-06-2012, 10:07 PM
You are digging your own grave with that remark. Let me ask you this question:

Why, since Nadal KNEW for sure (I assume, that he has been treated BEFORE his match with Rosol, since we saw the said marks during that match) that he is having an acute inflamation, didn't he announce prior to that match, that he is not going to participate in that exo?

It is only natural, that, if he thinks about the people , who bought tickets for it, as he lead us to believe with his official press statement, he should give them enough time to amend their plans, and not wait until the last moment, before he announces hit withdrawal.

I would think the decision was made only after he saw his doctor in Spain, and that was after he lost at Wimbledon.

Crisstti
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
I am pretty sure, that he said something about nice vacation(s). You sure that he will be able to enjoy those sitting in a chair? :roll:

Oh, would you care to answer the question in post#160?

Thing is, he cannot practice, he cannot play an exo. Not too hard to understand.

Clarky21
07-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Thing is, he cannot practice, he cannot play an exo. Not too hard to understand.

Yep. He's supposed to rest the injury for at least 15 days,which means the exo with Possum is nixed. I really cannot believe the big deal being made over Nadal skipping an exo he really shouldn't have been playing to begin with. Get over it,ffs.

Nostradamus
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
does he have grass court to practice on in spain ?

Tennis_Hands
07-06-2012, 11:10 PM

The thing is, it doesn't make sense. I am still waiting for the answer of the question in post #160.

I find the tactic of the VB amusing (that is why it is such fun to talk to you). They use as an argument "Nadal said that, so it must be true" and, when drawn into dispute about the logic behind a certain position, they resort to point of view, that is either avoiding the arguments of the opposite side, or just resort to purely absurd claims.

For example, I am still waiting for you or any other member of the VB, to show me how it was evident, that Nadal had any problems with his movement in his match with Rosol. As much as you and your camarades from the VB want to believe in things, there must be some evidence, that what Nadal says is not a speculation. And I am still to hear/read one from you.

Basically, this is what you and your friends from the VB believe, because Nadal told you so:

1) Nadal has tendinitis, that falired up.

Were is the proof, that Nadal had any problem with his movement?

2) The exo ist postponed, because Nadal can not train

Where is the proof, that the effort in an exo is such, that it will be detrimental to his health?

3) Announced the postponement of the said exo, based on medical advise

Where is the proof, that this is true, since we already know, that he was treated for severe inflamation (that is the claim of the VB, not mine), before his match with Rosol, but an announcement was never made before the said match?

4)Nadal "can barely walk" (again, your words)

Where is the proof?

Please, be kind and answer ALL the questions, but in a logical manner, and not the usual" I believe thath that is the truth, since Nadal says so". Nadal is a side, so he will say what suits his agenda, and not necessarily what is the truth.

Sentinel
07-06-2012, 11:41 PM
It'll be fun if next week Fred announces he's withdrawing from some exho due to muscle strain or something. Then my good friend LOLVille can spring into action again and have a field day with the *******s :D

zagor
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
The thing is, it doesn't make sense. I am still waiting for the answer of the question in post #160.

I find the tactic of the VB amusing (that is why it is such fun to talk to you). They use as an argument "Nadal said that, so it must be true" and, when drawn into dispute about the logic behind a certain position, they resort to point of view, that is either avoiding the arguments of the opposite side, or just resort to purely absurd claims.

For example, I am still waiting for you or any other member of the VB, to show me how it was evident, that Nadal had any problems with his movement in his match with Rosol. As much as you and your camarades from the VB want to believe in things, there must be some evidence, that what Nadal says is not a speculation. And I am still to hear/read one from you.

Basically, this is what you and your friends from the VB believe, because Nadal told you so:

Where is the proof, that the effort in an exo is such, that it will be detrimental to his health?

Where is the proof, that this is true, since we already know, that he was treated for severe inflamation (that is the claim of the VB, not mine), before his match with Rosol, but an announcement was never made before the said match?

Where is the proof?

Please, be kind and answer ALL the questions, but in a logical manner, and not the usual" I believe thath that is the truth, since Nadal says so". Nadal is a side, so he will say what suits his agenda, and not necessarily what is the truth.

So you think all tennis players should submit their medical records to internet posters to prove they're genuinely injured/sick or something? Do you realize how silly this is? Top players especially are very good at playing through injuries (adapting their game accordingly) which aren't always evident to a spectator's eye.

Honestly, you either believe him or you don't and that's about as far as it goes but I still don't get the fuss about this, it's just an exo. Nadal might just have been mentally drained (tired of tennis at the moment) and he came up with the reason people are most likely to believe (as it is something he had all his career) or maybe his tendonitis really flared up, either way it's just not important.

Start da Game
07-07-2012, 06:41 AM
It cannot just be a routine treatment or he wouldn't have needed to suspend the exo. He either wasn't planning on it or he thought he could take less time to recover from it. Didn't he just take a week earlier in the year?. He said 15 days with not even practising now.

I'm pretty sure the Real Madrid exo had been scheduled now because it was the 100 and something anniversary of the club.

he probably thought he would recover in time but maybe that isn't the case now.......he is never wise with his scheduling, so it's nothing new.......

jerriy
07-07-2012, 07:01 AM
2012 >> loses to Rosol >> just now (after the match) a retroactive "explanation" surfaces: tendonitis

Hmmm... where did I heard that music before? Oh wait!...

Start da Game
07-07-2012, 07:23 AM
2012 >> loses to Rosol >> just now (after the match) a retroactive "explanation" surfaces: tendonitis

Hmmm... where did I heard that music before? Oh wait!...

correct......he went as far as canceling an exhibition in a sold out stadium with 80,000 spectators......all that just to discredit some 100th ranked czech.......

Crisstti
07-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Yep. He's supposed to rest the injury for at least 15 days,which means the exo with Possum is nixed. I really cannot believe the big deal being made over Nadal skipping an exo he really shouldn't have been playing to begin with. Get over it,ffs.

They're mad 'cause the only thing they want to hear from him is that the 100th ranked player is just better than him...

does he have grass court to practice on in spain ?

I wonder the same.

Where is the proof?

Uhm, no, I'm not going to waste time like that. I already answered your other questions, clearly. Look harder...

"Where's the proof"?, he doesn' have to show his medical records to you. As Zagor rightly pointed out, that's just absurd.

correct......he went as far as canceling an exhibition in a sold out stadium with 80,000 spectators......all that just to discredit some 100th ranked czech.......

Don't forget he also had someone fake injection marks on his knee just so that if he lost he would have an excuse.

Crisstti
07-07-2012, 09:05 PM
he probably thought he would recover in time but maybe that isn't the case now.......he is never wise with his scheduling, so it's nothing new.......

They at least think now that he needs to take longer than he had been with the treatment. I don't see how that's good.

Clarky21
07-07-2012, 09:13 PM
They're mad 'cause the only thing they want to hear from him is that the 100th ranked player is just better than him...

I wonder the same.

Uhm, no, I'm not going to waste time like that. I already answered your other questions, clearly. Look harder...

"Where's the proof"?, he doesn' have to show his medical records to you. As Zagor rightly pointed out, that's just absurd.

Don't forget he also had someone fake injection marks on his knee just so that if he lost he would have an excuse.

I think the bolded hits the nail on the head. I mean,some 100th ranked dude nobody has really even heard of is better than Nadal,even with his 11 slams and multiple titles. He is just the product of slower courts,left handedness,pushing,and poly strings. Even the weekend hacker down the street could beat him with the greatest of ease.

Crisstti
07-07-2012, 09:18 PM
I think the bolded hits the nail on the head. I mean,some 100th ranked dude nobody has really even heard of is better than Nadal,even with his 11 slams and multiple titles. He is just the product of slower courts,left handedness,pushing,and poly strings. Even the weekend hacker down the street could beat him with the greatest of ease.

Yeah, they probably think they could beat him, lol...

Tennis_Hands
07-09-2012, 03:18 AM
So you think all tennis players should submit their medical records to internet posters to prove they're genuinely injured/sick or something? Do you realize how silly this is? Top players especially are very good at playing through injuries (adapting their game accordingly) which aren't always evident to a spectator's eye.

Honestly, you either believe him or you don't and that's about as far as it goes but I still don't get the fuss about this, it's just an exo. Nadal might just have been mentally drained (tired of tennis at the moment) and he came up with the reason people are most likely to believe (as it is something he had all his career) or maybe his tendonitis really flared up, either way it's just not important.

We are discussing the probability, that the reasoning Nadal gave to withdraw from the exo, is genuine. Nothing more nothing less. I like to discuss the logic behind particular resoning. If you are satisfied with that to BELIEVE Nadal, OK. But he has earned the privilege to be scrutinized every time, he says something. Let us give him that, at least.

And no, show me, where I say, that he has to provide his medical record, to proove anything to anyone? This is absurd, since even for ordinary citizens' medical records are private thing (believe me, I know).

Tennis_Hands
07-09-2012, 03:25 AM
I think the bolded hits the nail on the head. I mean,some 100th ranked dude nobody has really even heard of is better than Nadal,even with his 11 slams and multiple titles. He is just the product of slower courts,left handedness,pushing,and poly strings. Even the weekend hacker down the street could beat him with the

I assume logic is not your strongest suit?

For one, if Nadal is using his tendinosis as an excuse, it is not to escape the comparison with Rosol :lol:. It would be to excuse his lack of form and preparation to go past 2R at the one of the most important tournaments in tennis. A thing, that doesn't happen very often in today's game and that certainly doesn't speak good for him.

For some of us that loss is indication for other suspected things as well, but that is a whole other discussion, which I will not start here.

thejoe
07-09-2012, 03:53 AM
Rafa always leaves a bitter taste with these injury announcements. Didn't he just have tendonitis treatment? He should have waited for the tournament to finish, instead of, as always, looking like he's making an excuse and sticking a HUGE asterisk next to his defeat.

Crisstti
07-09-2012, 05:06 PM
I assume logic is not your strongest suit?

For one, if Nadal is using his tendinosis as an excuse, it is not to escape the comparison with Rosol :lol:. It would be to excuse his lack of form and preparation to go past 2R at the one of the most important tournaments in tennis. A thing, that doesn't happen very often in today's game and that certainly doesn't speak good for him.

For some of us that loss is indication for other suspected things as well, but that is a whole other discussion, which I will not start here.

You mean you think Fed also showed a lack of preparation and form?, he could well have gone out early as well.

Rafa always leaves a bitter taste with these injury announcements. Didn't he just have tendonitis treatment? He should have waited for the tournament to finish, instead of, as always, looking like he's making an excuse and sticking a HUGE asterisk next to his defeat.

So he should have waited, despite the fact that people were currently buying tickets to his exo?, he should just have let them continue buying them, eventually buying plane tickets, booking hotels...

The only people who should be left with a bitter taste are his fans who naturally worry with this kind of announcement.