PDA

View Full Version : Thread for 100 years to come

joeri888
07-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Post here all the records Federer ever held, but now have been broken by someone else. I'm actually serious, wondering if Roger ever set a bar that maybe Nadal, Djokovic, or a Santoro kind of player has broken since.

Rock Strongo
07-04-2012, 02:12 AM
In 100 years, love is illegal
In 100 years from now

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Also watch Nadal's records (thanks to Wikipedia):

Quickest player to reach 400 wins by playing less than 500 matches (401-91).

81 straight wins on one surface.

7 Roland Garros titles (Nadal will probably increase this).

31 straight wins at Roland Garros.

3 straight slams in a calendar year on 3 different surfaces (clay, grass, hard).

7 straight title defenses (Nadal will probably increase this).

21 masters shields (Nadal will probably increase this).

8 straight years of winning slams (Nadal will probably increase this).

5 breaks at the US Open (tied Roddick).

1 game lost a Masters Final (Monte Carlo 2010).

Gold medal, Wimbledon, Roland Garros in same year.

24 straight match wins as a teenager.

11 titles won as a teenager in a year (2005).

Youngest male to win Career Golden Grand Slam.

28 straight grand slam sets won in 2010, and 24 straight in 2010.

Only athlete to win "Laureus Sportsman Award of the Year" and "Laureus Newcomer of the Year".

mmk
07-04-2012, 02:52 AM
3 straight slams in a calendar year.

I love wikipedia, but Laver twice had an actual Grand Slam, including one in the open era. No other male player has had an open era GS, and it does exceed 3 straight slams in a calendar year.

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 02:57 AM
I love wikipedia, but Laver twice had an actual Grand Slam, including one in the open era. No other male player has had an open era GS, and it does exceed 3 straight slams in a calendar year.

Oops, should be on 3 different surfaces (clay, grass, hard).

Feather
07-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Oops, should be on 3 different surfaces (clay, grass, hard).

*** never used to get that surface thing incorrect. He always used to harp on that

joeri888
07-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Thank you Brickner, for derailing this thread within two posts. Which records were broken by Rafa that Roger previously held? Non I guess?

Except this one:

More Facebook friends than any other player (10,929,157 as of 3rd July 2012).

But last time I checked, Roger rebroke that record.

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 03:18 AM
Thank you Brickner, for derailing this thread within two posts. Which records were broken by Rafa that Roger previously held? Non I guess?

Except this one:

More Facebook friends than any other player (10,929,157 as of 3rd July 2012).

But last time I checked, Roger rebroke that record.

They are opposite players so they won't share much, but the 8th straight year of winning slams will probably change hands (to 9) next year.

Oh yeah, sorry, didn't expect that facebook thing to swing back and forth..

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Nadal broke Federer's record for the most masters series titles. I think it is unfair to make this topic now; Nadal will undoubtedly break many of Federer's records (such as the number of slam titles), but he is still at the tender age of 26.

joeri888
07-04-2012, 03:24 AM
Nadal broke Federer's record for the most masters series titles. I think it is unfair to make this topic now; Nadal will undoubtedly break many of Federer's records (such as the number of slam titles), but he is still at the tender age of 26.

When was Federer holder of the most MS titles? I don't think Roger ever surpassed Agassi before Nadal did, and did never surpass nadal? or did he?

brickner_damage
07-04-2012, 03:25 AM

Did Federer ever lead that? I thought Agassi led it before Nadal. Then Federer tied Nadal at 20 and then Nadal went to 21..

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-04-2012, 03:32 AM
When was Federer holder of the most MS titles? I don't think Roger ever surpassed Agassi before Nadal did, and did never surpass nadal? or did he?

I don't think so. Federer tied Nadal for the most masters series titles, so both held the record, but then Nadal broke that record, breaking the tie, and breaking Federer's record.

stringertom
07-04-2012, 04:12 AM

"Tender" is the operative word...as in tender, tendinitis-laden knees. ****** will most likely be using a cane to walk by age 30 at the rate he pulls out of tourneys and events.

Russeljones
07-04-2012, 07:35 AM

Quickest player to reach 400 wins by playing less than 500 matches (401-91).

81 straight wins on one surface.

7 Roland Garros titles (Nadal will probably increase this).

31 straight wins at Roland Garros.

3 straight slams in a calendar year on 3 different surfaces (clay, grass, hard).

7 straight title defenses (Nadal will probably increase this).

21 masters shields (Nadal will probably increase this).

8 straight years of winning slams (Nadal will probably increase this).

5 breaks at the US Open (tied Roddick).

1 game lost a Masters Final (Monte Carlo 2010).

Gold medal, Wimbledon, Roland Garros in same year.

24 straight match wins as a teenager.

11 titles won as a teenager in a year (2005).

Youngest male to win Career Golden Grand Slam.

28 straight grand slam sets won in 2010, and 24 straight in 2010.

Only athlete to win "Laureus Sportsman Award of the Year" and "Laureus Newcomer of the Year".

You must be a Djokovic fan.

TennisLovaLova
07-04-2012, 08:05 AM

How many MS series titles Nadal won when it was best of 5 matches?
now ms are a joke really

jokinla
07-04-2012, 09:48 PM

Sure Dark Knight, I mean, ***, dang, I mean whatever, I can't keep up.