PDA

View Full Version : It's a pitty that Fed and Novak did not play Wimbledon finals:-(

dimeaxe
07-04-2012, 07:53 AM
I mean, it would be hell of a match, first time on grass and finals:)

Towser83
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
I agree, but hopefully its a Djokovic vs Federer US open final this year, they need to play another slam final before Federer is too old to make it competitive. they only ever played one slam final back in 2007 and 8 semis..

jaggy
07-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Its also a pity there isnt peace in the world but such is life

jaggy
07-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Best of 5 is different but I really think Murray needs this set

TennisLovaLova
07-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Its also a pity there isnt peace in the world but such is life

And also free gas

SwankPeRFection
07-04-2012, 08:19 AM
I agree, but hopefully its a Djokovic vs Federer US open final this year, they need to play another slam final before Federer is too old to make it competitive. they only ever played one slam final back in 2007 and 8 semis..

Don't worry, by that time Fed will be #2 and Nadal #3 so the people handling the draws will see this and flip the draw selection so that 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4 in the semi and you won't get what all of us want. :rolleyes: Isn't it how it always goes...? Seems to me the draws are tied around where Rafa is in relation to Fed.

joeri888
07-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I think the suspense is bigger in someway. Both will believe that this is their biggest obstacle, yet it is not the final. I don't know..

NadalAgassi
07-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Unless Federer gets to #2 going into a slam itself there is almost no way for them to play a slam final. Federer being in Nadal's half doesnt matter much either. Nadal doesnt lose early in slams barring the very rare flukes like here, and Federer cant beat him in a slam at this point either. The odds of Federer coming out of Nadal's half to a slam final is always going to be very low at this point.

Even if Djokovic and Federer are the #1 and #2 seeds, Nadal would have to not end up in Federer's half for that final to be more than a faint possability, and unlike the foregone conclusion of Federer vs Nadal in a slam, Nadal still could end up taking out Djokovic if he ends up in his half as well. So even if we gave Djokovic a 60% to come out of a half with Nadal (way less than that at RG of course), and Federer a 20% to come out of a half with Nadal, that would still be only about a 35% chance.

dudeski
07-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Unless Federer gets to #2 going into a slam itself there is almost no way for them to play a slam final. Federer being in Nadal's half doesnt matter much either. Nadal doesnt lose early in slams barring the very rare flukes like here, and Federer cant beat him in a slam at this point either. The odds of Federer coming out of Nadal's half to a slam final is always going to be very low at this point.

Even if Djokovic and Federer are the #1 and #2 seeds, Nadal would have to not end up in Federer's half for that final to be more than a faint possability, and unlike the foregone conclusion of Federer vs Nadal in a slam, Nadal still could end up taking out Djokovic if he ends up in his half as well. So even if we gave Djokovic a 60% to come out of a half with Nadal (way less than that at RG of course), and Federer a 20% to come out of a half with Nadal, that would still be only about a 35% chance.

There is plenty of people who can take out Nadal at USO. He just finally needs a hard draw like he had at Wimbledon this year.