PDA

View Full Version : Murray's back to his faking ways again

bhallic24
07-04-2012, 09:10 AM
lol, I wonder why Murray has to fake that he's seriously injured all the time and just fall to the ground any chance he gets. Is this for a sympathy vote?

Just saw the play where ferrer hit a drop shot and Murray races up, gets to it, then sees Ferrer's about to hit a lob he wont get to and just drop down and fall like he just tore his ACL. Then he stays down for an additional 2 seconds just to make it seem like he's down and out.

If karma has its way Murray probably will tear his ACL one of these plays.

Leto
07-04-2012, 09:17 AM
lol, I wonder why Murray has to fake that he's seriously injured all the time and just fall to the ground any chance he gets. Is this for a sympathy vote?

Just saw the play where ferrer hit a drop shot and Murray races up, gets to it, then sees Ferrer's about to hit a lob he wont get to and just drop down and fall like he just tore his ACL. Then he stays down for an additional 2 seconds just to make it seem like he's down and out.

Don't mean to single you out, bhallic, but the incessant threads about players faking/cheating/making excuses/etc...is 10 times more annoying to me these days, compared to what the actual players are being "accused of".

At this point, any top guy even sneezes on the court, it's an instant hate thread here on the forum, as being some kind of tactic/faked/excuse-making gesture by the player.

He slipped and fell...why does it need to become a big frickin' deal?'

bhallic24
07-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Don't mean to single you out, bhallic, but the incessant threads about players faking/cheating/making excuses/etc...is 10 times more annoying to me these days, compared to what the actual players are being "accused of".

At this point, any top guy even sneezes on the court, it's an instant hate thread here on the forum, as being some kind of tactic/faked/excuse-making gesture by the player.

It's the added embellishment and the moans and groans and grimaces after every "potential injury". that's why Andy Murray gets singled out.

He didn't just fall, he fell, then got back up, saw that he wouldn't have gotten to the shot and then fell again and then stayed down. That's kinda ridiculous.

Leto
07-04-2012, 09:33 AM
It's the added embellishment and the moans and groans and grimaces after every "potential injury". that's why Andy Murray gets singled out.

He didn't just fall, he fell, then got back up, saw that he wouldn't have gotten to the shot and then fell again and then stayed down. That's kinda ridiculous.

If that's how you saw it, I won't argue with it, because all any of us can do is speculate as to what, if any, "faking" is going on.

I thought he was simply grimacing because he was ticked at what we thought was surely going to be a lost point.

Regardless of whose interpretation is right or wrong, in relation to what his actual intent was, do you really think it makes ANY real difference as to who will win the match?

If Ferrer loses, is it all because, in your opinion, Murray completely freaked him out with this blatant faking/cheating/excuse-making/sympathy-grabbing move?

If so, then EVERY pro tennis player out there should do the EXACT SAME THING, if it's such a monumental, game-changing strategy.... :rolleyes:

Fedex
07-04-2012, 12:13 PM

This persistent sh*te about injury faking has gone way past paranoia.
You weren't watching a fantastic match but spent your 4 hours checking out for injury faking you sad git!
The guy fell and stayed down in an expression of what do I have to do get the ball past Ferrer manner.
A joke. Get it.

Fedex
07-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Well put and exactly how I feel.

Homeboy Hotel
07-04-2012, 12:17 PM
I saw this point, he ran to the dropper and he knew he'd be in trouble by continuing to pushing into his ankles, so he just fell to the ground, he knew that was the best thing to do at that point.

It's hard to describe, but rewatch it and you'll see that Murray knew falling would be the best thing to do. It wasn't even dramatic.

The Bawss
07-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I saw this point, he ran to the dropper and he knew he'd be in trouble by continuing to pushing into his ankles, so he just fell to the ground, he knew that was the best thing to do at that point.

It's hard to describe, but rewatch it and you'll see that Murray knew falling would be the best thing to do. It wasn't even dramatic.

Link? I would like to spill some hate too but I didn't see this part of the match.

jackson vile
07-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Oh no, is he pulling a Federer?

BHiC
07-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Link? I would like to spill some hate too but I didn't see this part of the match.

Rule #1 of the General Pro Player section - Never, ever let anything like "facts", or "what actually happened" get in the way of an opportunity to bash someone.

The Bawss
07-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Rule #1 of the General Pro Player section - Never, ever let anything like "facts", or "what actually happened" get in the way of an opportunity to bash someone.

Ah, I believe you are misled my friend. You must think I am asking to see this portion of video in order to make a decision on whether to hate or not to hate on Murray when in fact it is merely to be able to tailor my hate to the situation for added efficacy and increased venom.

Homeboy Hotel
07-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Ah, I believe you are misled my friend. You must think I am asking to see this portion of video in order to make a decision on whether to hate or not to hate on Murray when in fact it is merely to be able to tailor my hate to the situation for added efficacy and increased venom.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvm437bgp71r75coao1_500.gif

Fedex
07-04-2012, 12:52 PM

I saw the whole match.
There was no faking, no clutching, no medical time outs from either player which is surprising considering it was an extremely physical, hard match for the whole match.
Seriously, no let up from start to finish.

Cup8489
07-04-2012, 07:28 PM

AWsum p0ast

norbac
07-04-2012, 07:35 PM

Rock on, brother.

dudeski
07-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Oh no, is he pulling a Federer?

Last post by jackson vile on July 4th. I wander what happened since then that made him disappear? :)

kalyan4fedever
12-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Last post by jackson vile on July 4th. I wander what happened since then that made him disappear? :)

May be the ban is lifted recently ?

jrs
12-30-2012, 08:28 AM
These guys are good athletes - probably a very good football(soccer) player! I believe in that sport faking injury is a basic skill!

TTMR
12-30-2012, 12:36 PM
May be the ban is lifted recently ?

No doubt a silent ban.

heninfan99
12-31-2012, 03:52 PM
I hope this tactic has not returned to the Murray game. Though I wouldn't mind seeing the Scotsman reach into his pocket for some Lendl-like sawdust delays at the service line.

Hood_Man
12-31-2012, 04:01 PM

4th of July, eh?

http://www.mercuryrapids.co.uk/movie_moments/IndependenceDay-Animation1.gif

:twisted: