PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy of players

jukka1970
07-04-2012, 10:45 AM
It seems to happen more in the summer then any other time, which happens to coexist with the FO just ending and Wimbledon being played. I believe most of this increase in jealousy to come from the kids in school that have nothing to do in the summer, so instead of being outside and doing things like playing tennis, they're inside glued to the computer, making ridiculous posts and mouthing off. You can also figure out who they are by their stupid one word answers, or one sentence answers that essentially say nothing.

Anyways, I understand that people may get frustrated at the players, some even get upset to the point that they are sick of hearing "excuses". First off, none of us know what's going through the players minds, or their bodies. Tennis has always been a sport that is hard on the body, add to it how the pace has increased expodentially and it's that much harder to stay healthy.

Quite frankly, I don't care how good you are, there's no way that one of the top 100 players would be wasting time by posting on this board, therefore no one here can speak of what these players go through. When I talk of Federer, it's from enjoying his play and kind of living a dream out by watching him play. I was never going to be a professional tennis player, even though I loved the sport.