PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Scene in Oceanside/Carlsbad?

altawolfe
08-04-2005, 03:15 AM
I'm moving there, am a 5.0 and need people to hit with.

any ideas?

Tchocky
08-04-2005, 07:30 AM
I believe there a couple of tennis clubs there. The hold the Acura Classic there which is going on this week. I don't think you have to join to play there but you will probably have to pay a nominal fee. You should be able to meet some good players there. Check Craig's List or the USTA website.

Yondan
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
I live in Carlsbad and there's some decent tennis around here. I'm not too familiar with NTRP of some of the good players, but there are some of the best high school tennis players around here. Steven Forman is high nationally ranked junior as well as the rest of the torrey pines team. I've been hitting with a girl who's in pretty far i believe in the 16 and under nationals, and a couple former touring pros, college players(Harvard, Berkeley, UCLA). If you are a junior player the So Cal section is one of the strongest in the nation. But you really need connections to find really good opponents. Stay away from bobby riggs tennis club its in Encinitas, lacks a lot. La Costa tennis club has some good coaches/players. I am a sectional junior player and am usually playing tennis, so my e-mail is motedust@gmail.com if you wanna talk more or hit.