PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea to mix poly's? Please help?

Mr Topspin
08-04-2005, 04:30 AM
I just got a full job of BB alu rough at 58 on my Ncode N61 tour 90 and although it felt really good and powerful with all the spin and control, i must admit it felt cumbersome at net and when dealing with half volley shots. I am wondering whether it would be a good idea to put Pro hurricane in the X at say 59 and drop my tension of alu rough to say 57 cos it did feel a bit stiff at 58. I know that Hurricane is a more flexible poly and less harsh than BB and may complement that string. This is however all theory and would be keen to know what others felt about a hybrid with 2 polys. Please help?

p3k
08-04-2005, 05:12 AM
from my experience it didn't give me the results i wanted. i was thinking exactly like you but i ended up feeling very little difference. i guess that even a softer poly doesn't do the job. i was mixing it with kirschbaum competition which is a nice softer poly but it felt almost the same.

Mr Topspin
08-04-2005, 06:55 AM
from my experience it didn't give me the results i wanted. i was thinking exactly like you but i ended up feeling very little difference. i guess that even a softer poly doesn't do the job. i was mixing it with kirschbaum competition which is a nice softer poly but it felt almost the same.

thank for the feedback. Have you ever tried NRG2 with either alu rough or hurricane in either M or X. Or do you or any other posters have any views on ploy mixing.

Michelangelo
08-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Soft poly doesn't quite help. I'm using multi (Syntronic Brio) to solve this problem. The only bad thing is multi loses the performance fast.

Rabbit
08-04-2005, 11:39 AM
I heard that a player in Wisconsin mixed polys and was killed when they blew up.

MTChong
08-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, Rabbit, that's interesting...

Alternately, if the multi costs too much, just use a solid core synthetic like Forten Sweet, Gosen Micro, or PSGD.

friedalo1
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
No, lux is the best poly out there.

tedmeister
08-05-2005, 02:17 AM
thank for the feedback. Have you ever tried NRG2 with either alu rough or hurricane in either M or X. Or do you or any other posters have any views on ploy mixing.
Tried gut with Alu rough, powerful comfy combo. I would string it tighter next time I lay my hands on them. Liked the cheaper Alu rough/nxt Max combination better using the same tension as it gave me a bit more control off the groundies. Get ready to reach for those string savers. All poly hybrids, I am not going there. Luxilon has their new line of hybrid sets where they combine Timo or Alu with Supersense marketed under their touch series. Makes some sense as a few clients of mine would combine alu rough and the softer ace on the crosses.

Mr Topspin
08-05-2005, 02:43 AM
Tried gut with Alu rough, powerful comfy combo. I would string it tighter next time I lay my hands on them. Liked the cheaper Alu rough/nxt Max combination better using the same tension as it gave me a bit more control off the groundies. Get ready to reach for those string savers. All poly hybrids, I am not going there. Luxilon has their new line of hybrid sets where they combine Timo or Alu with Supersense marketed under their touch series. Makes some sense as a few clients of mine would combine alu rough and the softer ace on the crosses.

Thanks for the feedback. I might try PSGD or Bab excell. Have you tried either of these and i'm keen to know if anyone has tried Alu rough mains with nat gut crossess and what their results were.