PDA

View Full Version : Of the top 3, which is your fav match-up and at which slam?

brickner_damage
07-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Federer Nadal US Open (because never happened)

and to a lesser degree..

Djokovic Nadal Roland Garros (because Djoko needs RG to complete set)

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Well, Federer vs Nadal at the US Open hasn't happened yet, though I would like to see it. If Nadal won in the final (this year), Nadal would have beaten Federer in the finals of all 4 majors, and would be in a position to complete 2 career grand slams a few months afterwards (at the 2013 AO).

Djokovic vs Nadal is also one of my favourite rivalries. With one more Nadal win, the Nadal-Djokovic H2H will be 20-14, identical to the Sampras-Agassi H2H, a parallel to their greatness.

Clay lover
07-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Nadal Djokovic on clay produces exciting rallies as they both defend very well and hit the ball heavy.

Nadal Fed at Wimbly created the most drama.

glazkovss
07-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Fed Rafa anywhere

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Fed Rafa anywhere

I agree, but no longer at Roland Garros. Nadal already boasts a 5-0 H2H record with Federer there (and 4-0 in finals), so there is no need to continue establishing his dominance there when it is so absolute. It would be much more useful for Nadal to meet him at Wimbledon (to even up the grass H2H to 2-2) and at the US Open (to have beaten Federer in the finals of all 4 grand slams).

joeri888
07-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Fed djoko us open. Best tennis on the eye

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Fed djoko us open. Best tennis on the eye

I also enjoy this match-up. But when you consider how lopsided it is becoming (with Djokovic winning their last 2 meetings there, and will likely win the next few should Federer reach that stage), it may begin to become a clone of the Nadal-Federer Roland Garros 'rivalry'. :oops:

brickner_damage
07-05-2012, 12:31 AM
The big 3 is as grand in quality as the big 2 of Sampras-Agassi.. actually even grander because Agassi had an inconsistent career.

WhiskeyEE
07-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Honestly I'm interested in Joker-Fed at Wimbledon. I just wish it was a final (and that Fed was a few years younger). But Joker-Fed at USO has produced the best matches so far.

joeri888
07-05-2012, 12:41 AM
I also enjoy this match-up. But when you consider how lopsided it is becoming (with Djokovic winning their last 2 meetings there, and will likely win the next few should Federer reach that stage), it may begin to become a clone of the Nadal-Federer Roland Garros 'rivalry'. :oops:

*** you freaking clown. You know you are saying ridiculous things, which I'm sure you don't even believe yourself.

joeri888
07-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Honestly I'm interested in Joker-Fed at Wimbledon. I just wish it was a final (and that Fed was a few years younger). But Joker-Fed at USO has produced the best matches so far.

It would be a straight set blowout. Djoker might sneak a tiebreaker.

6-1 6-3 6-0
07-05-2012, 12:44 AM
*** you freaking clown. You know you are saying ridiculous things, which I'm sure you don't even believe yourself.

Here we go with that *** acronym again. Is that an insult? Does it stand for "Not So Kool"? If that's the case, cool starts with a 'c', not a 'k'.

What is there not to believe? You just have to look at the recent meetings between Federer and Djokovic. Djokovic has won 8 sets in a row against Federer and has won the majority of their recent meetings. It's not a belief, it's a fact.

joeri888
07-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Here we go with that *** acronym again. Is that an insult? Does it stand for "Not So Kool"? If that's the case, cool starts with a 'c', not a 'k'.

What is there not to believe? You just have to look at the recent meetings between Federer and Djokovic. Djokovic has won 8 sets in a row against Federer and has won the majority of their recent meetings. It's not a belief, it's a fact.

I specifically said at the US Open, didn't I? If you believe their rivalry there has been 1 sided, even if only for the last two years, you are a clown.

djokovic2008
07-05-2012, 01:13 AM
I specifically said at the US Open, didn't I? If you believe their rivalry there has been 1 sided, even if only for the last two years, you are a clown.

How is he a clown the last two years on results only has been one sided.

WhiskeyEE
07-05-2012, 01:16 AM

He isn't called Nadal_***_Clown for nothing.

Feather
07-05-2012, 04:34 AM
How is he a clown the last two years on results only has been one sided.

You mean to say that the two matches that Roger lost to Novak at US open, with match points in both are one sided? Do you even know what a one sided match is? :confused:

Djokodal Fan
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh ..... man

Joker - Fed @ US Open has Blockbuster written all over it!!