PDA

View Full Version : Serena quiet during wimbledon

wooky
07-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Has anyone noticed Serena hasn't screamed at all during wimbledon? usually she's pretty loud isnt she? Haven't heard any commentators mention it. Seems odd to me. Would be like if Aza or Shaz came out and didn't make a peep all of a sudden.:confused:

kishnabe
07-05-2012, 06:13 AM
I think she wants to win the title so bad....that she has no time to scream!

6-2/6-4/6-0
07-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Saturday will be a shriek-free final. I think all tennis fans have an obligation to watch it, or at least have it on their TVs to try and send a message to the WTA about all the needless noise...

Alchemy-Z
07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Anger management classes really working out for her.

30fifteen
07-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Anger management classes really working out for her.

Watch out though if she's called a foot-fault. Then all hell will break loose.

jm1980
07-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Has anyone noticed Serena hasn't screamed at all during wimbledon? usually she's pretty loud isnt she? Haven't heard any commentators mention it. Seems odd to me. Would be like if Aza or Shaz came out and didn't make a peep all of a sudden.:confused:

I usually don't like Serena but I was glad she took Azarenka out (and stoked when Lisicki knocked out Sharapova).

Why doesn't anyone tell those two to shut the hell up?

rommil
07-05-2012, 09:17 AM
She's a bit relaxed knowing Nalbandian is not around to pounce the player's foodcourt.

The-Champ
07-05-2012, 06:40 PM
She's a bit relaxed knowing Nalbandian is not around to pounce the player's foodcourt.

lol, that cracks me up :D

Anyway, serena is looking good, will win wimbledon 2012. She hit 24 aces today :shock:

TeflonTom
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM
wud love 2 see her called for 11 foot faults in a match like karlovic was

she wud prolly have an aneurysm

Sentinel
07-05-2012, 07:32 PM

You've obviously not seen all her matches. Just the other day she was serving at 30-30 at 4-5 (or 5-6) and she screamed with her serve. Then she was down a break-point (and set point) 30-40 and she screamed again. It was really loud, I am not exaggerating. At deuce she quietened down.

Keeping quiet and suddenly screaming during a crucial point is a rather cheap tactic if you ask me.

She screamed at 30-30 so now when she is serving at BP, the oppo is probably wondering whether she's gonna scream or not. Obviously it was to make the oppo lose focus on the next serve (in addition to the current point).

Ronaldo
07-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Y'all forgot about the US Open final. Changes, things can change and that's the way it is. Holla if you hear her.

MichaelNadal
07-05-2012, 07:57 PM
I love how quiet she's been. It's great.

chatt_town
07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Don't worry...they will do that at the U.S Open.

wud love 2 see her called for 11 foot faults in a match like karlovic was

she wud prolly have an aneurysm

chatt_town
07-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I've seen Azarenka and Sharapova do the same thing. They need to ban it all together. It's obvious none of them need to do it ;infact, I think they all would find they'd be able to concentrate better if they didn't do it. See how Serena took care of Aza today....and not one peep.

You've obviously not seen all her matches. Just the other day she was serving at 30-30 at 4-5 (or 5-6) and she screamed with her serve. Then she was down a break-point (and set point) 30-40 and she screamed again. It was really loud, I am not exaggerating. At deuce she quietened down.

Keeping quiet and suddenly screaming during a crucial point is a rather cheap tactic if you ask me.

She screamed at 30-30 so now when she is serving at BP, the oppo is probably wondering whether she's gonna scream or not. Obviously it was to make the oppo lose focus on the next serve (in addition to the current point).

Ronaldo
07-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I've seen Azarenka and Sharapova do the same thing. They need to ban it all together. It's obvious none of them need to do it ;infact, I think they all would find they'd be able to concentrate better if they didn't do it. See how Serena took care of Aza today....and not one peep.

Come On, U cannot B serious!